Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 23:45   Link #61
GundamFan0083

Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater:

http://www.examiner.com/article/occu...-movie-theater

Occupy's Greatest Enemy: The Black Block
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...he-Black-Block

So much for Stephanopolous' ridiculous "He may be a Tea-Partier" garbage.
I know he retracted the statement, but still, he should never have said it in the first place.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:53   Link #62
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post

I know he retracted the statement, but still, he should never have said it in the first place.
err yea, I don't see anything in those sites with anything to back up their claims either, not that they strike me as credible websites anyway.

TBH, those who are politicizing this tragedy for their own gains are just as disgusting as the shooter IMO, and that goes for both sides of the aisle.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:54   Link #63
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:

If I understand what I have just read the guy killed a bunch of people due to his political bias, thinking this movie was some kind of brain washing device against the wall street movement? Then IMO he is a mirror image of Anders Behring Breivik, the Norway killer.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:59   Link #64
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:

Okay, I start reading the article from the first link:

Quote:
Aurora theater shooting
Aurora Colorado Shootings

Radical Left-Wing & Registered Democrat, Obama Supporter, Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater:

White Punk Targeted U.S. Military Service members:

The false stigmas of right-wing Tea Party radicals, once again being shattered in Aurora Colorado.

A radical far Left-Wing and Registered Democrat and avid Obama Supporter, “Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50.
I can't read any further than that. That author has to try and hype up the left wing, democrat, and Obama supporter thing so much and link it to a madman. The person doesn't care about the tragedy. They are using this to propagate their political views, and they are doing it shamelessly.

If that author (or anyone else) wants to want this madman's actions about politics, someone should remind the author about the madman from the Norway shootings last year from a far right, ultra conservative man that killed 69 people and left many others dead. That should shut them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
If I understand what I have just read the guy killed a bunch of people due to his political bias, thinking this movie was some kind of brain washing device against the wall street movement? Then IMO he is a mirror image of Anders Behring Breivik, the Norway killer.
I wouldn't go by what that author is saying, and judging by what that author wrote, I wouldn't trust anything from that site. That author probably went off on this wild speculation because they are very extreme in their political views.

If other, credible news people start concluding that James Holmes was an extremists due to his political beliefs, that is different. In the meantime, ignore what that author has to say.

People like that author are creating the biggest division in America. Oh noes, this madman was a registered democrat! All the democrats are bad people out to commit crimes!

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-07-21 at 00:24.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:00   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The smile he has oddly reminds me of Dr. Crane AKA "Scarecrow" (as played by Cillian Murphy) in the Batman films.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:02   Link #66
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Nope, what you've just read was a bunch of right-wing propaganda with about zero basis in reality.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:04   Link #67
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Also, I'd like a credible source that confirms that he is a member of Black Bloc.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:18   Link #68
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Nope, what you've just read was a bunch of right-wing propaganda with about zero basis in reality.
Whoah, when did DailyKos become "right-wing?"

The info is from a Private Dic named Bill Warren.

Please note that I'm posting this here for your info, I don't agree or disagree with this claim.

If I find anything new, I'll post it here.

Correction
It was Brian Ross, not George Stephanopoulos that made the idiotic "Tea-Partier" comment.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:24   Link #69
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Whoah, when did DailyKos become "right-wing?"

The info is from a Private Dic named Bill Warren.

Please note that I'm posting this here for your info, I don't agree or disagree with this claim.

If I find anything new, I'll post it here.
I think they are talking about the examiner, which is clearly a biased, extreme right wing propaganda site.

Who is Bill Warren? He said Holmes is a part of Black Bloc?
Old 2012-07-21, 00:27   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The smile he has oddly reminds me of Dr. Crane AKA "Scarecrow" (as played by Cillian Murphy) in the Batman films.
I second that. He might as crazy as that character too (if not more).
Old 2012-07-21, 00:31   Link #71
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I think they are talking about the examiner, which is clearly a biased, extreme right wing propaganda site.

Who is Bill Warren? He said Holmes is a part of Black Bloc?
It would seem his FB page had him linked to it, but is now gone.

This blog would seem to be the origin of this story.
http://blog.doodooecon.com/2012/07/f...r-attacks.html

Normally I wouldn't bother with something like this except that it is being parrotted by big shots like Glenn Beck.

There is a narrative being woven here, and it would be unwise not to stay on top of it IMHO.
Old 2012-07-21, 00:36   Link #72
kyp275
Meh

Quote:

Normally I wouldn't bother with something like this except that it is being parrotted by big shots like Glenn Beck.

There is a narrative being woven here, and it would be unwise not to stay on top of it IMHO.
Actually, every news I've heard have said this guy did not have any social media accounts whatsoever.

Also, anything that came out of glenn beck's mouth should automatically be tagged with a giant red flag.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:00   Link #73
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:

These details aren't confirmed. It says he was a part of an occupy movement according to a private investigator. That is it. I wouldn't go by that. This is really fishy. This is really suspicious. Also, he isn't a registered voter or a part of any political party. It says that in the article you linked, further indicating the claim that he is in the occupy movement is false. Taken from the article:

Quote:
Reports that the shooter was a registered Democrat may not be correct. It seems that he is not registered to vote or is not part of a major political party.
The thing is, extremists who are on the right wing are known to make up shit and spread misinformation. At the moment, this claim that this criminal is a part of the occupy movement...it is possible it is being made up by right wingers in an attempt to make a great tragedy be a means to propagate political ideals.

Come to think of it, if this is misinformation about him, probably some right wingers made it up after that guy from ABC said Holmes is a tea party member. Like a form of retaliation (because let's face it, a lot of these political extremists are like children).

I mean, saying a private investigator says he is from the far-left...I mean, what better way to make a claim and then have no way to back it up. The investigator can't say on camera or write a blog that Holmes is indeed on the far left...he has to stay anonymous. You'll just have to trust it when people say a private investigator claims Holmes is an extreme leftist!

And as kyp275 said, don't listen to anything Glenn Beck says. That dude is a fool.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:16   Link #74
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Come to think of it, if this is misinformation about him, probably some right wingers made it up after that guy from ABC said Holmes is a tea party member. Like a form of retaliation (because let's face it, a lot of these political extremists are like children).

I mean, saying a private investigator says he is from the far-left...I mean, what better way to make a claim and then have no way to back it up. The investigator can't say on camera or write a blog that Holmes is indeed on the far left...he has to stay anonymous. You'll just have to trust it when people say a private investigator claims Holmes is an extreme leftist!
I agree that the comments made on ABC probably spurred this on.
It looks like someone is throwing a bunch of feces at the public-wall to see what will stick.
If the Tea-Party narrative doesn't cut it, then why not OWS?
Those two groups have something very much in common, they want a redress of grievances from the government and they're using their right to protest peacefully to do that.
Now, wouldn't it be just peachy for the power brokers of this country if they could find a way to paint protestors as wackjobs?

Quote:
And as kyp275 said, don't listen to anything Glenn Beck says. That dude is a fool.
I cannot stand the Pilsberry Fatboy that is Glenn Beck.
While I agree with some of his observations about the progressive movement, I think he's putting his own spin on the facts of the matter.

But what I think is moot, the facts are that Beck has a huge audience, even now, and is very influencial on the national stage.

So if this emerging narrative succeeds, then protestors from all walks may be in for some trouble.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:23   Link #75
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

At least the occupy movement is about something legitimate. What were the tea party members so angry about? All I know is that a bunch of conservatives formed the tea party when a black man became president before he even had a chance to prove himself. This is very telling of them. It doesn't help that head honcho of the tea party movement stepped down after coming under fire for some very racist things he wrote.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:46   Link #76
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Okay, seriously, you better stop right there, 'cause your attempt to prove yourself as a "superior man" by questioning how people are acting like this psychopath when demanding the authorities to make him pay for what he did lack of any kind of rational contexts. Especially coming from such a big moron like yourself how claims that having a house and car exploding and killing police officers would had been "amusing".

First of, you just come here bragging and questioning everyone out there but I ask you, what would you do if one of the 12 people killed was your brother? Your sister? Your niece? Your son? Would you stand in front of everyone and tell people that their claim for justice is just a need for blood? And even compare it to this guy's own need for blood? No, I bet you wouldn't.

What are you claiming? That the guy has not a mental illness? That he had a good reason for what he did? You think that all serial killers need to be insane? Read history jackass, ever heard of Ted Bundy? Google it. He was a renowned physiologist, a man everyone tough was good, respectable, who helped people to overcome their traumas, brilliant, with a high iq and all kind of titles you could think of. But guess what? He was a serial killer, rapist and necrophilian who killed over 40 people. And this is just one case, over the history this situation repeats; Ed Gain, Charles Manson, Pedro Alonzo Lopez, trough all the world men who look normal suddenly snap and commit horrendous crimes, unthinkable and for no reason. Hell, here at Mexico, last year a guy entered to the subway and suddenly took out a gun and killed 2 people for no reason.

Why this guy snapped? I don't know, perhaps he had a stressful life and just snapped, perhaps he has a mental illness, perhaps he's just a psychopath, perhaps he's just an idiot who wanted to be famous. I don't care, but one thing is for sure, he killed 12 people, 12 innocent people whose only crime was to be present at a movie theater watching a movie with friends, family, just seeking to have an escape from this stressful life and enjoy a movie. Call it a "need for blood", but this guy has to pay, and he's gonna pay. 12 first grade murders, that's one straight trip to the fatal injection, and for what I've head, 'mental illness' is not going to save him from his faith.

But you want to know one thing? You may think people is seeking to "separate themselves from him", but, the fact that people feels terrified from such act, that none of us is able to conceive such terrible act, not even in our most horrible nightmares means just one thing; that we are sane, that we have humanity and that we're not anywhere close to such people like him.

Keep bragging, keep enjoying the show while trying to act like a superior man, judging people out there who demands justice, I don’t care, you’re nothing, you’re just a fool who’s pretending to be one thing you’re Cleary not, you’re not smart, you’re just a poor fool who doesn’t know a thing, better read son, inform yourself and think twice before posting such stupid things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
This is just great.

Guy commits "atrocity", and people all rush to deem him mad- first and foremost, that would be their goal. They'd want to separate themselves from him.

But that isn't enough, you need something to blame it off on. Human nature is too good for this- even a madman would have better sense about him, so he must have been influenced by external factors. Naturally, the Batman series, and comic books in general- upon their shoulder's shall the blame of the people fall. Which is, in itself, ironically comical, as I'd wager that the vast majority of the movie goers at the time were quite avid fans of the series- I mean, for Christsake, would YOU go to a midnight special screening for something you didn't like?

But what is best- what is BEST about this is how the people on the internet, behind their shrouds of anonymity, people raise high their pitchforks and torches for the man.

And do you wanna know what they want?

The exact same damn thing that he wanted.

Blood.

Hilarious! Really, just hilarious XD Please, continue. I'm about to go take a nap, as I've had a rather long day. I expect to see more of you people rallying around, thirsty for blood, upon my return. Until then, take care everyone ^^
I therefore conclude that you're both wrong.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:47   Link #77
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I was saddened by this tragedy, but I wasn't shocked. There's at least one major shooting in the US every year. Last year we had Tuscon, before that.....well, it's a long list. The same questions, finger pointing, opportunists, and all of the other junk that comes with this will blow over in a month or two, only to be mentioned as some statistical footnote in a future OP ED accompanied by a new story of some other shooting.

I wish I had a point to make but honestly, there isn't one. The reason why these massacres happen is cultural, and unfortunately we've mastered the art of procrastination about why we allow these things to happen. We'd rather blame others to rationalize the lies we feed ourselves, and we'll continue to pay the price for that.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:22   Link #78
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I was saddened by this tragedy, but I wasn't shocked. There's at least one major shooting in the US every year. Last year we had Tuscon, before that.....well, it's a long list. The same questions, finger pointing, opportunists, and all of the other junk that comes with this will blow over in a month or two, only to be mentioned as some statistical footnote in a future OP ED accompanied by a new story of some other shooting.

I wish I had a point to make but honestly, there isn't one. The reason why these massacres happen is cultural, and unfortunately we've mastered the art of procrastination about why we allow these things to happen. We'd rather blame others to rationalize the lies we feed ourselves, and we'll continue to pay the price for that.
I agree, and the sad thing is these types of attacks have been happening for a very long time in the US.

We are a violent culture, kind of like the Sadaukar from Frank Herbert's Dune.
On the one hand we kill many of our own people senselessly, on the other hand it makes us the most vicious fighters on the planet.
Guess it's a double-edged sword.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:35   Link #79
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

America has had a problem with violence for a long time. Just speaking of the modern era, we've had problems with violence all through the modern era. But the shooting sprees have gotten worse. It seems like they got worse after Columbine. After Columbine, more school shootings occurred. I don't think there were any gun related massacres at schools before Columbine. Before than, maybe there was some gun related violence in schools, but not shooting sprees.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:38   Link #80
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

nothing about how he managed to get in through the emergency exit?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote