AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 15:40   Link #901
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
An even better question would be...why didn't Royd turn into Yamamoto and blitz the place? It would have spared them pretty much all the SternRitter losses.
Bach said that he told Royd not to try anything until he got back. Probably had strict orders just to maintain the Juha Bach form for the purpose of distracting Yamamoto. Had Royd transformed, Yama might have caught on to what was going on and not spammed his bankai, etc etc etc.

-just trying to make sense of it, if it does @.@ lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
Even Urahara could not find a way to permanently destroy the Hougyoku. If the Quincys could succeed in destroying it, then basically they would be better scientists or have more knowledge about the Hougyoku than Urahara himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^Pretty much this. It'd be very hard to believe that the Quincy's techniques could destroy the hougyoku when Urahara couldn't even find a way to pull it off. In all honestly, I'm still somewhat holding out on the possibility of the hougyoku giving Orihime some major importance later on (since she's been hinted at being the only possible person that could destroy it).
Both of these. But it does bring up the whole contradiction of the origin of the Hogyoku. Urahara managed to create something that even he didn't know what it did. It only did what he thought it did because it was granting his wish--how does one go about making something without knowing how it'll work? lol, so if a Quincy shows up and can destroy it, I might buy it, but I doubt it.

Overall, Bach offered Aizen the chance to be freed, Aizen said no, Bach shrugged it off and left him to sit there for eternity pondering his decision. Nothing big. Part of me is starting to wonder if Aizen will even break out anymore and instead just play the role of badass mastermind locked in a chair, playing people like pawns an watching what happens just for the amusement. (I mean, he was just left in the chair during the novels too, right?)
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 05:35   Link #902
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
So how did Kenpachi get beat by this Royd guy again? He copied Bach's "memories and spirit". Kenpachi had no problem killing his brother who copies powers and abilities.
Because Royd was clearly alot stronger, and was a copy of someone far stronger than Kenpachi - hence he whooped Kenpachi really badly.

The more i think about this chapter the more it pisses me off. All this time the old man was hyped up as being the best of the best. So far Kubo has pissed over his character and if he dies now - what alame ending for him.

My only hope is he doesn't die and still has a chance to redeem himself in the end. If any1 should be the 1 to beat Juha Bach it should be him.

Also, i think this would be a good time for a flashback to the events of a 1000 years ago that lead to this incident. Its a good a time as any,
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 06:42   Link #903
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Why waste his brother sending him to fight Kenpachi if he can use him on someone more stronger....like Ichi, Yam, Aizen etc.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:56   Link #904
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...So Kubo has once again reminded us that he IS the Trolling King. XD
Old 2012-10-04, 15:17   Link #905
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, to me they definately are portrayed as beeing superior in spirit science. The first thing they did was to found a way to completely destroy a soul and used this knowledge to fight hollows. (IIRC the only thing Shinigami had to completely destroy souls was this execution ground, that got destroyed by Ichigo at the end of the SS arc).
Ehh...the situation is kind of awkward. We were never told that shinigami don't possess the ability to completely destroy souls. We were only told that a shinigami's zanpakuto purifies a soul slain by it. So for all we know, if a hollow (for instance) is killed in any other way, their soul might also be destroyed. So things like Kido spells, fullbringer attacks, or a hollow's cero might cause the same destruction to the soul as a Quincy's technique.

Case in point, soul destruction was never something that was ever claimed to be a unique ability to Quincy's only. It's just that their numbers and their way of combat made them the biggest perpetrators of soul destruction at one time (and therefore, the biggest threat to the balance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
They are even able to steal a Bankai, something which shouldn't really be possible and shocked everyone.
But was it ever stated to be impossible? Or was it more like throughout Soul Society's history, scientists of the research division just never had any reason to focus on developing bankai stealing technology? Besides, Juha Bach had at least a thousand years to come up with this. So the Quincy's may not necessarily possess superior scientific intellect. This could be just as much attributed to an abundance of time and perseverance.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:45   Link #906
Lendial

Lol what a waste. Just when the things were starting to pick up.
Old 2012-10-04, 16:09   Link #907
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know...there's seriously no point in having BLeach continue at this rate. Bach has the most powerful bankai in his hands. Pretty much anyone who goes against him is either going to die or suffer an ambigious fate like Kenny.

Ichigo's going to be the only one to defeat him obvs...not even Urahara's lolscience is going to work.

And the nakama, if they're not dead due to Opie already, won't last...though maybe Ishida might.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:20   Link #908
SeanQ

You can't make sense of bleach ... geebus...Quincies are just there to fill ploteholes with more plotholes...kay there's no science involved.
Old 2012-10-04, 18:36   Link #909
Alchemist007
*Author

Aw you guys are saying this like it wasn't inevitable. Cheer up, I'm sure Aizen will keikaku something...or already has.
Old 2012-10-04, 19:16   Link #910
metzler

My bet is that Aizen and Urahara are going to be proven to be working together all along and this is one long "just as I planned."
metzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 19:30   Link #911
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Aw you guys are saying this like it wasn't inevitable. Cheer up, I'm sure Aizen will keikaku something...or already has.
Nah. I knew Yama was doomed the minute Chojiro died. And I read those omake interviews last year where Kubo pretty much said that shit was going down.

Either way though it's going to wind up bad storywise....like I said, anyone that goes against Bach from now on will wind up dying or get wounded. Ichigo will be the only one who can handle him unless Kubo actually does have Aizen involved in this somehow. He ain't dead no matter what Bach says because he's still got the Pokemon in him.

But I'm pretty much done at this point. Just skim the chapters out of habit anymore really...I give up on actual character development on anyone who's name isn't Ichigo or a shinigami.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 03:44   Link #912
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Hey wait a moment!!!!!
The Quincy are dangerous because they can steal bankais.
The Quincy fear Ichigo because they can't steal his bankai.
The Quincy can't steal Ichigo's bankai because he's part hollow.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE OTHER VAIZARDS DOING? TAKING A NAP?!!!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:38   Link #913
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Was that ever confirmed? I mean, right now we have no idea why Ichigo's bankai cannot be stolen (though your theory could be true). The other Vaizards are most likely having a hard time getting their asses kicked and waiting for a solution to this bankai problem: we know for sure that Love (one of the vaizards) is fighting with just his shikai against a shitritter. They can't risk releasing their bankai just like that.
If only the Shinigami would learn a lesson from this... oops too late.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:37   Link #914
SeanQ

It's all Chojiro's fault...what a dumbass subordinate telling everyone that the quincies can use bankai...should've just told them they can steal bankai...although, they captains probably would've stupidly released their bankai anyways.
Old 2012-10-05, 21:24   Link #915
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
It's all Chojiro's fault...what a dumbass subordinate telling everyone that the quincies can use bankai...should've just told them they can steal bankai...although, they captains probably would've stupidly released their bankai anyways.
pfft, Kubo tried to make a OMGWTF cliffhanger b4 Chojiro died. same as when Byakuya thought quincies can seal off bankais'. Captains will bankai anyway cuz they tried to study the "sealing" method of the enemy.
Old 2012-10-05, 23:09   Link #916
flack

Sigh what is happening to my favourite manga... sigh...
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:24   Link #917
Kitsueki
会津

Damn, this is no good. We can already guess Ichigo is going to beat this guy, which is getting really old in this manga. What should have happened, is having Yamamoto defeat that decoy with only a single attack. As strong as he is, it should have only taken that much. Even though his bankai has been stolen, at least a proper fight could have happened with all the other abilities he surely holds.

At the very least, if not having his bankai stolen yet; The fight should have been interrupted. At this rate everything will be up to external defense, and I hope it isn't just Ichigo. If it's truly the royal guard's queue, then it's manageable. However, It's an entire squad versus the handful left of Sternritters. If they show up and get defeated, that wont be very interesting. I'd rather an interesting character take the spotlight for the rest of this war. Ichigo has little character development left, all that's remaining in this kind of theme is for him to get even stronger.

Considering this is apparently the final arc of Bleach, a lot is left to be explained. There's a lot of things people want to see too, like bankais. For that reason, the focus has to be changed, unless they are all wasted in a lost battle where the purpose is just to explain that they have them.
Kitsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:58   Link #918
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
He never said they can use bankai, he just mentioned they can seal them...and at that point - how could he have known any better? The guy was close to death...
Old 2012-10-06, 04:11   Link #919
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Hey wait a moment!!!!!
The Quincy are dangerous because they can steal bankais.
The Quincy fear Ichigo because they can't steal his bankai.
The Quincy can't steal Ichigo's bankai because he's part hollow.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE OTHER VAIZARDS DOING? TAKING A NAP?!!!
We still have no idea why they cannot steal Ichigo's bankai. No where was it ever stated because he has hollow powers. Ichigo is a special case.

Though at the moment they cannot steal it, Juha Bach said they're gonna have to devise a special way to deal with it.

I'm more curious as to why they are after the bankai, is it simple and obvious as they wanna steal them and get even more powerful or is there a special reason?
Old 2012-10-06, 07:33   Link #920
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
He never said they can use bankai, he just mentioned they can seal them...and at that point - how could he have known any better? The guy was close to death...
He said "They can use bankai" from Bleach 484 page 7. would love to show a picture but im on a crappy psp browser atm. I think er Mayuri suggested the "sealing" method? or was it Kisuke, I 4got

Tags
bleach, chapter