AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 21:24   Link #261
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-09-22, 19:12   Link #262
Dop
Mmmm....

A wild episode 8 appears! Hurray!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:44   Link #263
Midonin
Last Engage

It's been so long since this show last had an episode out, and it'll likely be the last to the finish line. But slow and steady wins the race here. Unless you're Marii. So in that sense, it's fitting that the first segment was all about being the last one. Some of the cultural references from gg were obvious (like "Toonami"), but it fit the rhythm of the jokes, so I didn't mind. Seeing how the jokes get from point A to point B through convoluted wordplay is the charm of this show anyway. The envelope game was fun to watch. Kigu and Tetora are going to have a lucky new year.

The second segment was interesting, going from Fear Factor to shrines to aging without skipping a beat. Gankyou just went up another level. Not only can she become President of Space, she can pull off the cutesy act better than Kigu, even. So Tetora wants to use the blessing to make her chest bigger... even she doesn't have completely perfect luck, I suppose.

For the third sketch, I had to look up what the May blues were, and it looks like it's one of those mental conditions that only Japan has a term for. Like chuunibyou. Seeing them try to apply it to every other month was just the kind of exercise in wordplay I like. Yamashita was almost as bonkers as the moon rabbit, but at least we know where Yamashita came from. Everyone enjoys making Marii the butt of jokes - and that's why Marii's my favorite, because she gives into the madness as much as they pile it on her.

Sleep well, Marii. Yamashita's watching you.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 20:28   Link #264
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-09-23, 01:32   Link #265
HandofFate

Episode 8s been the best one in a while.
The previous 2 episodes were really really pun-heavy and had tons of politician jokes.

While still puny in 8, it at least dealt with regular stuff you can get even if you don't live in japan.
Old 2012-09-23, 08:43   Link #266
Pachael
原作通り

Ep 8: Okay, I got a big kick of the B-part starting with Traumerei.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:09   Link #267
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there are already 12 episodes but the delay is translated into 8?? it could explain why the French translation is late ...
><!!
Old 2012-09-23, 21:17   Link #268
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely anther episode is out Marii with her bad luck as well in a maid outfit. So where can one get a 40day apirl and a 45day may calendar
Old 2012-09-24, 21:11   Link #269
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On ep 8
  • I don't want this shows to end. Want another 3-4 more seasons. It's just hilariously random and funny, and adorable in the same time.
  • Somehow Marii have been the source of fan-services lately, with episode 8 during the shrine segment have her in Grade A zetai ryouiki and matching underwear!!!!
  • Kigurumi on another , should acknowledge her childish nature already. She thought that she was just acting childish, but it really was built into her
  • And i simply love the OP and ED. It surely will go into my top 5 OP/ED of 2012 if not claiming the top spots already
Btw, i may miss this post in here, but i just loves these 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

Oh Kumeta you silly...
Old 2012-09-25, 13:41   Link #270
yindesu

Marii's character song is out today, you can sample it at iTunes
yindesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 10:56   Link #271
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

Joshiraku ep12

1/3 「夢見の仇討ち」"Revenge of dreamed"
Spoiler:

2/3 「こぁいのう」"-koainou"
Spoiler:

3/3 「青毛」"Blue hair"
Spoiler:
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:13   Link #272
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just watched episode 8 and I liked very funny
Old 2012-09-28, 15:35   Link #273
Midonin
Last Engage

Kigu may have a point about kids liking round things. The Smile Pact? Round. Wizard Rings? Round. Gorisaki's face? Round. Precure references showed up quite a bit in Zetsubou Sensei too, I wonder what it is Kumeta has for that franchise. Loved Kukuru's infinitely-repeating Buddhist thing. The plan to make them chubby wasn't a bad idea, girls with a little extra something can be appealing. Kigu's rendition of the monstrous Mickey Mouse isn't appealing for anyone, except maybe Warren Spector. The extreme amount of Marii butt focus (and 2001 jokes) were great - keep talking about Marii's ass all you want, I am eager to listen. The foreigner bit sorta reminded me of Commdore Perry from Zetsubou, but with him seeking to "protect" the girls instead of "open" them.

Kukuru's hairstyle in the zoo sketch looked pretty good on her. Everyone has so many different casual clothes, and yet we've rarely seen them in the style of clothing decided on as casual in the first episode. I wonder if the naked mole rat segment will inspire any fanartists to draw Kukuru as Kim Possible. The other mole rat related thing she could be drawn doing, as implied by that scene, is not safe for work. The best gag in this segment was the dead-eyed stare given when Chatran/Milo and Otis was brought up. Animal abuse isn't cool. The reference to Polar Bear Cafe makes me wonder how the planning session for this anime went, if they were able to get in a reference to a series that aired at the same time as this one.

Oh hai iDOLM@STER Producer. This segment shows why Marii is my favorite character - her life isn't as bad as she thinks it is, in fact it's pretty good. But the universe conspires against her to make her unhappy, and it's hilarious. Who knew Marii could bring out the rare Dark Tetora? The MomoClo outfits the girls were wearing are from "Z Densetsu", I checked. The start and the end of this segment were peaceful, almost dreamlike. The concept of the end of the world fascinates me on some level, so to have it be initiated by an idle Marii is a much calmer way than one would expect humanity to die off.
Old 2012-10-01, 09:21   Link #274
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

Joshiraku ep13

1/3 「キャラつぶし」"Character crush"
Spoiler:

2/3 「アキバぶる」"Style of Akiba"
Spoiler:

3/3 「ちょいたし講釈」"Lecture of adding"
Spoiler:
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:56   Link #275
Midonin
Last Engage

The first sketch of episode 10 was one of the strongest sketches this show's done. (This may be partially because it related to the country I'm in. The show airs in September, releases in January, but is subtitled in October. Didn't take that into account, Kigu.) Another jab at the Mouse. Good work from Saori Goto doing the Mickey Mouse-esque voice. So many gags in a short span of time - trade sequences, what makes Halloween work in its country of Origin, Abe Lincoln... and of course, an extended riff on K-ON!. Looking at the DVDs they were trading around - Milky Holmes and Madoka Magica - I can confirm that the Joshiraku girls share my taste in anime.

Can't believe how late to the punchline I am on this one. It's only with this episode that I realize the second sketches have consistently been a "tour of Japan" style deal, this week bringing us to Kabukichou. All it needed was a Argynnis sagana voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa and it would've been complete. Marii's fantasy sequence at the end was a great way to cap off the segment.

The final sketch was alright, with the best moment being Mask's epic leg maneuver. Marii's dentist dance was pure nonsense, but at the same time, I'm used to this sort of nonsense by now.

The first segment made this episode, and there's still three/four more to go. I look forward to seeing how the show tops itself next.
Old 2012-10-02, 13:34   Link #276
inisipis

Just watch eps.10. kinda miss seeing Marii's butt-shot.

I always enjoyed their Tokyo tour segment. It sure gives a glimpse of the on how the locals perceived the different districts featured, albeit within the skew minds of the Joshiraki girls.

The first segment is really amusing with it getting all meshed up with the different aspect of American culture and icons and it's relation to the modern Japanese society in general.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 19:31   Link #277
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

I'm probably the only one who thinks Marii's butt was getting old as a gag.

This episode was really good, especially that ending sequence with the machine.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 22:05   Link #278
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh Kigurumi shell go with you for some candy
Old 2012-10-05, 08:42   Link #279
moshika

Spoiler for save space:
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 00:12   Link #280
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just watched episode 10 and I loved it the first time I laugh as watching an episode of Joshiraku I loved the song by Marii at the end hahahaha

Tags
comedy, shounen