AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 03:50   Link #2341
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
...wow, this was a pretty bad episode. So much was skipped or worse, entirely changed - and i'm not talking about "long, useless explanations", but actually relevant and fun stuff.

It felt like those rushed one cour series that end up ruining the source material.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:08   Link #2342
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Really fun episode, Biscuit are awesome.
Old 2013-01-13, 10:22   Link #2343
ookamigirl

As soon as the they got one card, they lost it.
This way those two just don't stand a chance.
They should have joined that group..
Greed Island could be a real island, interesting.
Killua and Gon testing all those monsters was fun to watch.
That girl that keeps following them looks interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 13:18   Link #2344
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nah, they wouldn't be able to have fun during the game because that group is too much serious business.

About the "bad pacing", to be completely fair, bar a few exceptions (they took a lot longer to get their sword stolen), I don't even remember any of the stuff they skipped over.

Which in my book means they can have safely skipped over it.

Your mileage may vary.

The most important bit is, the proper introduction of Biscuit, who is apparently going to be their new master.

The episode showed really well that while they're pretty good at using Nen, they're completely clueless as to how to properly make use of it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 14:23   Link #2345
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Fun episode all around. The interaction between Biscuit and Killua is comedy gold. I had a few good laughs.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:38   Link #2346
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man Biscuit is awesome. Never would've thought she would have 40 years of nen experience. Her interactions with Killua were great. Lol figure they would get their card stolen, lose their clothes, and give away their money.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:37   Link #2347
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Double-posted for those avoiding the movie thread:

Quote:
[1 (-) Hunter X Hunter: The Phantom Rouge (Toho) ¥427 million ($4.97 million), 0, NEW!
2 (2) Les Miserables (Toho-Towa) ¥272 million (3.17 million), -5%, Week 4
3 (1) One Piece Film Z (Toei) ¥255 million ($2.97 million), -21%, Week 5
4 (-) Taken 2 (20th Century Fox) ¥151 million ($1.77 million), 0, NEW!
5 (-) Looper (Gaga) ¥136 million ($1.59 million), 0, NEW!
6 (3) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Warner Bros.) ¥60 million ($699,000), -39%, Week 5
7 (4) 007: Skyfall (Sony) ¥55 million ($646,000), -40%, Week 7
8 (6) Today, I Started Loving You (Toho) ¥48 million ($564,000), -33%, Week 6
9 (9) Blue Exorcist: The Movie (Toho) ¥41 million ($482,000), -17%, Week 3
10 (5) Humanoid Monster, Bem (Toho) ¥34 million ($393,000), -54%, Week 5

Excellent debut for the first Hunter X Hunter film. The opening is only behind the holy trinity of Pokemon, Doraemon, and Detective Conan when comparing annual TV anime films, and best franchises like Bleach or Naruto quite easily. ¥2 billion ($25 million) is the goal here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 01:33   Link #2348
EroKing

Just had to share this lovely artwork I came across
Old 2013-01-20, 06:32   Link #2349
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And thusly, Gon and Killua's training commences. Most of their training apparently involves finding out several new techniques for themselves, such as Shu.

Poor scissors guy, getting beat up like that just because he's a poor kid who happens to be holding a wallet. I won't say "no wonder he decided to kill people with scissors", but I still feel sorry for the guy.

Gon's innocence is both his greatest strength AND his greatest flaw.
Old 2013-01-20, 07:23   Link #2350
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

Poor scissors guy, getting beat up like that just because he's a poor kid who happens to be holding a wallet. I won't say "no wonder he decided to kill people with scissors", but I still feel sorry for the guy.

Gon's innocence is both his greatest strength AND his greatest flaw.
It's a bit disappointing that there was no talk about Binolt's favored food is 22yo women, and no Biscuit asking Gon 'Are you sure? he is a serial killer' and gon responding 'i don't care about that, he helped me out'.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:40   Link #2351
ookamigirl

That girl could teach Gon and Killua quite a few things.
Bisky as their new teacher and master, should be interesting.
Compared to the outside world, players are really dangerous.
It was nice watching Gon and Killua train.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-01-20, 08:20   Link #2352
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I found that Binolt sequence to be somewhat chilling. I was reminded of a tigress who wounds a prey animal to slow it down, so that her cubs can play with it and learn how to kill. Biscuit has certainly slowed Binolt down (at the cost of one of her twintails), but he’s still a formidable opponent – and she wants to see exactly what Gon and Killua are capable of.

What follows really is most like a predator toying with a wounded prey animal, as the boys grow stronger and stronger and wear Binolt down, and it becomes clear to all concerned how things will turn out. Gon even stops Killua from ending the fight because he wants to keep going until each of them are capable of defeating Binolt without the other’s help – an example of the kind of detached hard-headed practicality that occasionally makes Gon a scary little man, despite his generally kind and loyal nature.

That sequence also happens to be brilliantly choreographed and gorgeously animated – some of the best extended action sequences in a series full of them. The ending is fascinating too - Bisky has promised to kill him if he’s defeated, but once Binolt has had enough Gon shows his kind side – expressing gratitude for the invaluable help in getting stronger and declaring “We won’t kill you!” Would Biscuit have felt the same way, if Gon hadn’t taken command? We can’t say for sure, but the series of events provides a revealing glimpse of the two sides of Gon. “You’re flawless – a perfect gem. But that perfect nature could be your undoing.”
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:20   Link #2353
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, it may not be apparent to everyone, but this is a Crapsack World, where the only morals that are left are personal morals, and whether they are upheld depends on the strength of the individual. Scenes like this are scattered throughout the story, and only increase in frequency as the series goes on.
Old 2013-01-21, 11:25   Link #2354
HybridBloodsZak

Another great episode! Can never say enough how good the animation of this show is that is ongoing since they tend to receive less money than late night anime! Since this show pulls in the ratings though for Madhouse I guess they aren't afraid to splurge a little thanks to the franchise's repuation : )
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 09:55   Link #2355
anime fan99

I watched the original anime and I do not want to watch the episodes that Covering the events in the original anime did this anime surpassed the original anime and where i start watching
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:30   Link #2356
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I watched the original anime and I do not want to watch the episodes that Covering the events in the original anime did this anime surpassed the original anime and where i start watching
not yet, the actual anime is still covering the material adapted in the ovas, the greed island arc, as for the new arc, chack back in june, that would be the earliest the anime would be starting the new arc.
Old 2013-01-26, 13:51   Link #2357
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
not yet, the actual anime is still covering the material adapted in the ovas, the greed island arc, as for the new arc, chack back in june, that would be the earliest the anime would be starting the new arc.
i did not watch the ovas what ep to watch
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 05:19   Link #2358
ookamigirl

Looks like those two learned a lot.
They even gained some monster cards as well.
Bisky has proven to be an excellent teacher.
Lots of new stuff got introduced as well.
This new arc looks very promising.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-01-27, 09:35   Link #2359
Vicious108

A Bomber voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino, huh? Now that's familiar.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 15:55   Link #2360
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find Genthru's ability very interesting

For his bombs to explode with such power he needs a heavy set of restrictions. Which is why one of the conditions to even make his ability work is to explain exactly how the ability works, and what you can do to stop the bomb.

Tags
action, shounen