Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 12:48   Link #3541
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I know, right? And some LC-haters who also happened to be loyal Omega-fans (not necessarily in this forum) still calling LC BL-garbage. Well, good luck enjoying the “masterpiece” that is Omega S2 , I’ll take my “BL-garbage” any day .

It’s a shame, I really like Omega Season 1.

only good in omega is eden and subaru they both badass i feel sorry for them always rescue kouga and others

i sure if kouga get god cloth or omega cloth others gona be look like boring

i want all kouga team had god cloth or omega cloth
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 13:01   Link #3542
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
She played a big bit in allowing Eden to hit Gallia with the Omega charged Orion's Extermination attack and breaking her blade. Also she and Souma had a pretty boss combination attack against the Pallasire Methone.
Before getting this Omega thing she was the most useless of the bunch. She jobbed more than anyone (Souma was a pretty close second though) and didn't have many lines either.

But if you think she's being relevant and useful, more power to you. Let's just agree to disagree.
Old 2014-01-17, 13:23   Link #3543
Ozuma

Kouga still seems pretty badass when his friends lent him their power and he did that golden Pegasus ryuseiken. ^^

@hamazura and Obelisk

Why do you two always think people are mega gaga about Omega S2? We're just as critical about it as you are. Gotta say your complaints (well Obelisk's yours I mean) are off-mark regarding consistent facial expressions.

In regards to LC. That shit is so overrated.

Oh and Hamazura, Pandora don't got nothing in comparison to Shaina. Lady is one of the top 5 babes of SS franchise.

And on the complaints regarding the Omega cloth upgrades: if there was too much change to them then it'd be called a rip off of the "Big Will" Cosmo which is one utilized by gods. Seiya and them were able to get that after being blessed by the blood of Athena.

Btw tell me if any of you can agree with this analysis of mine: Omega is like the humans version of the Big Will Cosmo.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 13:31   Link #3544
Ozuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Before getting this Omega thing she was the most useless of the bunch. She jobbed more than anyone (Souma was a pretty close second though) and didn't have many lines either.
Season one or season two she was a jobber? Season one she proved her worthiness by being the first to outright kill a Gold Saint The power calcs were pretty fair when she and Souma fought Methone. Dude got a huge power boost, Souma was injured and combining their attacks lead to a victory for 'em.

Also of course she isn't gonna get many lines if this season spotlight is shone all around the place on minor chars, past characters and so. There's not exactly time to give her a walloping big role like in season two which made sense to give her a major role considering she played the cool big sis to Aria.

Quote:
But if you think she's being relevant and useful, more power to you. Let's just agree to disagree.
I'm not even walking the line of calling Yuna "relevant". "Useful" however? I'd say she somewhat is. This last episode proved it by her making way for Eden who did his Orion's Extinction attack.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:34   Link #3545
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Re the discussion about Yuna, I have been disappointed in how much less of a role she's had in series 2 than she has in series 1. In the first series she was one of the most important of the team. In the second one, she's been downplayed severely and the same thing has happened to Souma and Haruto. Though Ryuho hasn't been doing quite so badly due to his connection with his dad. I can understand why this has happened to Yuna/Souma/Haruto given that they wanted to focus on Subaru more, but there's still no excuse for how badly executed it's been.

And I'm not sure whether it's because it's actually happening this way or because Yuna's one of my favourites and I watch out for lines and actions from her, but for some reason it's seemed to me that she's been missing from some group shots at times when others haven't been. That said, otherwise I wouldn't necessarily say it's certain that she's been sidelined much more than Souma. It seems that this series, given the lack of time to spend on the old main Omega cast, Souma and Yuna have been downgraded to a combined unit of Souma+Yuna in order to make it easier to pay less attention to them.

It's a very odd move for the writers to make, given that I thought that Yuna was the most popular out of the new characters according to the character polls. This poll here had her at 4th place out of the entire cast. http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/...013/index.html Given her high placement in that compared to the other characters in the young saints team, it seems the height of stupidity to decide that hey, she doesn't need any meaningful screen time.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 15:08   Link #3546
Key Board
Carbon

it's not just her
I think all the S1 main characters (even Kouga) has been made much less relevant to the plot
They're basically Subaru's support characters, who isn't doing that much himself
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 15:38   Link #3547
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Why do you two always think people are mega gaga about Omega S2? We're just as critical about it as you are.
Oh really? I’ve never seen you criticizing Omega S2’s faults as strong as me .

Quote:
Gotta say your complaints (well Obelisk's yours I mean) are off-mark regarding consistent facial expressions.
Who the hell is complaining about “consistent facial expression” in this episode? If you can, quote my post where I have ever said it. If you can’t, then don’t bother. Not that this episode is free of derpy-ness, I just never even touch about facial expression in my comments.

and you know what? For many times, you’ve been misunderstanding my comments and replying based on it that leads to useless back-&-forth. Read & understand my comments properly for once (aka. reading comprehension, please).

Quote:
In case you don't know about the low sales of LC OVAs, that series is more underrated than overrated.
Old 2014-01-17, 16:09   Link #3548
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Season one or season two she was a jobber?
We were talking about the second season. I thought that was clear enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Re the discussion about Yuna, I have been disappointed in how much less of a role she's had in series 2 than she has in series 1. In the first series she was one of the most important of the team. In the second one, she's been downplayed severely.

And I'm not sure whether it's because it's actually happening this way or because Yuna's one of my favourites and I watch out for lines and actions from her, but for some reason it's seemed to me that she's been missing from some group shots at times when others haven't been. That said, otherwise I wouldn't necessarily say it's certain that she's been sidelined much more than Souma. It seems that this series, given the lack of time to spend on the old main Omega cast, Souma and Yuna have been downgraded to a combined unit of Souma+Yuna in order to make it easier to pay less attention to them.

It's a very odd move for the writers to make, given that I thought that Yuna was the most popular out of the new characters according to the character polls. This poll here had her at 4th place out of the entire cast. http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/...013/index.html Given her high placement in that compared to the other characters in the young saints team, it seems the height of stupidity to decide that hey, she doesn't need any meaningful screen time.
I agree. I don't know what the hell the writers are thinking but it seems a pretty stupid move to me.
Old 2014-01-17, 22:12   Link #3549
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Kouga still seems pretty badass when his friends lent him their power and he did that golden Pegasus ryuseiken. ^^

@hamazura and Obelisk

Why do you two always think people are mega gaga about Omega S2? We're just as critical about it as you are. Gotta say your complaints (well Obelisk's yours I mean) are off-mark regarding consistent facial expressions.

Oh and Hamazura, Pandora don't got nothing in comparison to Shaina. Lady is one of the top 5 babes of SS franchise.

And on the complaints regarding the Omega cloth upgrades: if there was too much change to them then it'd be called a rip off of the "Big Will" Cosmo which is one utilized by gods. Seiya and them were able to get that after being blessed by the blood of Athena.

Btw tell me if any of you can agree with this analysis of mine: Omega is like the humans version of the Big Will Cosmo.
actually LC is underrated, and i like that shit more than this omega s2 masterpiece actually i dont like this masterpiece at all

shaina > pandora is your opinion dude, my opinion is backwards haha pls dont force ur opinion to other people. i complain about this shit season but never force people to agree with me

why do u always respond to my critiCS?
Old 2014-01-18, 08:30   Link #3550
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Season one or season two she was a jobber? Season one she proved her worthiness by being the first to outright kill a Gold Saint The power calcs were pretty fair when she and Souma fought Methone. Dude got a huge power boost, Souma was injured and combining their attacks lead to a victory for 'em.

Also of course she isn't gonna get many lines if this season spotlight is shone all around the place on minor chars, past characters and so. There's not exactly time to give her a walloping big role like in season two which made sense to give her a major role considering she played the cool big sis to Aria.

I'm not even walking the line of calling Yuna "relevant". "Useful" however? I'd say she somewhat is. This last episode proved it by her making way for Eden who did his Orion's Extinction attack.

Ozuma if i was you i gona stop that why you cant force them to like it they dont like it anymore why is toei fault make main character more like side character. all story focus only in subaru and ignore all main character.

in season 1 yuna so badass but in season 2 she not badass anymore blame toei make story worse.

me i become hate madoka third movie why homura akemi become evil conquer the whole universe cosmo and beat kyubey and steal madoka goddess power make her mine but others madoka soul ghost goddess can travel past and future yes madoka still had madoka goddess but she dont had memory.
homura akemi she delete madoka memory she wish for madoka happiness even is selfish act. homura akemi become demon as homucifer lets call it lucifer devil.

i hate homura akemi icant forgive for her she do it for love madoka she controle everyone even kyubey and goddess madoka you cant blame me i hate her.
you know to Ozuma she did promise to original madoka she gona creat world for no evil no war no killing no monster eat people no witch she do it for love madoka.

everyone had like or dont like they chose it in they own free will.

even you had own free will Ozuma.

toei make super mistake subaru steal all badass and story

Ozuma stop blame others even you try protect anime or character they own free will to hate it just respect they decision you cant force them to like it everyone had reason to like or not. if they hate them we had no reason stop them they chose it.

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-01-18 at 12:29.
Old 2014-01-18, 08:38   Link #3551
hamazura
whatever

yeah we still watching this merely because we are saint seiya fanboy lol
Old 2014-01-18, 10:46   Link #3552
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
So, everybody thinks that this upgrade for the young saints is lame? Also, Do you think that maybe the four heavenly swords will be used either to revive Saturn or maybe they are like a seal and when every sword is destroyed, then the seal will broke!

And about LC, It isn't a master piece, but it threated with respect the gold saints and cared about the characters. The reason it didn't do well, is because was made with heart and passion (some people can argue that was with the heart and passion to make a gold saint fan fiction :lol: ) instead of blindly trying to milk the franchise and sell toys. And SSO S2 is a step down from S1, it doesn't care about the characters (remember when all have a backstory? And Subaru doesn't have one, we don't know from where he came from, why he wants that badly to be a god, nothing at all!) and even for promoting toys is bad! That upgrade of last ep wasn't cool, it was super lame!

Last edited by AGear2Ax; 2014-01-21 at 13:24. Reason: Pointless bit removed
AGear2Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 11:45   Link #3553
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
The reason it didn't do well, is because was made with heart and passion
LC did poorly because...it's simply not good, for reasons that were more than explained in this very thread already. Everything about it screams generic. In fact, most people who like it do so because they feel comfortable with the generic art style, very different from the one that made Saint Seiya what it is. If the only problem with LC were the BL fuel (to which i don't give a crap), that would be a bliss.
Unlike what you think, i say Lost Canvas lacks the 'heart' that characterized the Saint Seiya franchise, in every regard. And it is a spin-off, you just can't say it wasn't done to milk a franchise, sorry. It simply failed to do so. In fact, Shiori Teshirogi is still milking it with "gaidens", despite the bad sales, because she's a tremendously mediocre mangaka who can't write an original series to save her life.

Last edited by Goty; 2014-01-18 at 12:00.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 11:47   Link #3554
hamazura
whatever

im bashing omega so im not fanboy then?
next dimension sucks, so yeah im not fanboy after all, i just really like original saint seiya + LC
Old 2014-01-18, 12:02   Link #3555
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please be careful on how you refers to others when posting. This whole "fanboy" this, "fanboy" that, is not different than calling people "haters" and both are off topic to any discussion thread we have here.

Feel free to disagree with others, but please do it with respect.
Old 2014-01-18, 12:52   Link #3556
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
LC did poorly because...it's simply not good, for reasons that were more than explained in this very thread already. Everything about it screams generic. In fact, most people who like it do so because they feel comfortable with the generic art style, very different from the one that made Saint Seiya what it is. If the only problem with LC were the BL fuel (to which i don't give a crap), that would be a bliss.
Unlike what you think, i say Lost Canvas lacks the 'heart' that characterized the Saint Seiya franchise, in every regard. And it is a spin-off, you just can't say it wasn't done to milk a franchise, sorry. It simply failed to do so. In fact, Shiori Teshirogi is still milking it with "gaidens", despite the bad sales, because she's a tremendously mediocre mangaka who can't write an original series to save her life.
Well, that's why I said that some can argue that was with the heart and passion of someone who writes fanfiction The heart and passion isn't in reflected in they way you think, but mostly in trying to tell a story. And my point is mostly that the story wasn't written with marketing in mind, ie, LC is mostly self-contained and doesn't give you any motive to buy any related stuff. And of course, as a spin-off it tries to milk the franchise but, if doesn't go beyond that I think

To sum it up, I don't disagree with what you said, I was trying to bring some explanation from a marketing POV about LC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
im bashing omega so im not fanboy then?
next dimension sucks, so yeah im not fanboy after all, i just really like original saint seiya + LC
Well, if you like the original SS + LC, then maybe you're a fan. Bashing a series doesn't translate to "instant hate" as some people think, is just your way to say what you don't like of the series as well as the hope to see what you like about SS again on related works. And while I have "bashed" or pointed out some flaws of SSO S2 it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, for me SSO S2 is way behind the bar that was setted by S1.

I'm sorry if I have offended someone with my posts, I didn't mean to do that but it turned like that. So, I'm beg your pardon and let's continue to enjoy this thread.

Oh! BTW, Please, let's respect the opinions of others. Opinions aren't facts and Personally, It's getting a little annoying and frustating to come to read this thread only to find that almost half the new posts are mostly "my opinions are fact and you don't get it". (That's the only thing I'm going to say about this issue. Sorry if I'm being rude but I have to said this because it's making less enjoyable this thread for me and it is a favor I'm asking to all of you ).
Old 2014-01-18, 13:30   Link #3557
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
Well, that's why I said that some can argue that was with the heart and passion of someone who writes fanfiction The heart and passion isn't in reflected in they way you think, but mostly in trying to tell a story. And my point is mostly that the story wasn't written with marketing in mind, ie, LC is mostly self-contained and doesn't give you any motive to buy any related stuff. And of course, as a spin-off it tries to milk the franchise but, if doesn't go beyond that I think

To sum it up, I don't disagree with what you said, I was trying to bring some explanation from a marketing POV about LC.

Well, if you like the original SS + LC, then maybe you're a fan. Bashing a series doesn't translate to "instant hate" as some people think, is just your way to say what you don't like of the series as well as the hope to see what you like about SS again on related works. And while I have "bashed" or pointed out some flaws of SSO S2 it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, for me SSO S2 is way behind the bar that was setted by S1.

I'm sorry if I have offended someone with my posts, I didn't mean to do that but it turned like that. So, I'm beg your pardon and let's continue to enjoy this thread.

Oh! BTW, Please, let's respect the opinions of others. Opinions aren't facts and Personally, It's getting a little annoying and frustating to come to read this thread only to find that almost half the new posts are mostly "my opinions are fact and you don't get it". (That's the only thing I'm going to say about this issue. Sorry if I'm being rude but I have to said this because it's making less enjoyable this thread for me and it is a favor I'm asking to all of you ).
Dont worry idont hate you if some thing you dont like about omega i respect it.

can i ask you some thing dont be mad ok did you watch madoka rebellion third movie there part make me sad evil win.
Old 2014-01-18, 16:57   Link #3558
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 87:
Old 2014-01-18, 17:06   Link #3559
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Spoiler for 87:
Old 2014-01-18, 17:07   Link #3560
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
If you say LC is generic, then things like Hades Inferno & Elysion is pathetic by comparison. Still frames everywhere, no dynamic animation on LC level, cheesier dialogues than LC that will make even the most generic shounen blush, story filled with a lot more plot holes than LC, uninteresting villains, I could go on and on. Also, LC has actual story that not revolve around selling toys like Omega S2. And I’ll say this again, the animation in Hades Inferno & Elysion is just sad. You can pick any episode of LC and chances are it has more dynamic animation & movements than the whole Inferno & Elysion combined (and to think that both are OVAs which should have the same level of animation just make me LOL even more). The only good things about Hades Inferno & Elysion is that it’s based on Kurumada’s original story and still retain the old artwork of the characters (and has shiny-er cloths) which many SS fans like and that’s it. Different art style doesn’t mean it’s generic, it’s just that, different. Hell, if you ask me, the character artwork in Gundam SEED is generic as hell (Hirai-face) but that series is so much a financial success that it eclipse other anime series & franchises. Proves you that “generic art style” doesn’t make or break a show. LC is just that: underrated like many other good-but-underrated movies and TV series out there (for example, Joss Whedon’s Firefly TV series which got cancelled despite its good story & characters).

Tags
action, shounen