AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-26, 00:57   Link #321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry, I have a mortal weakness against long text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Okay, did you just say that a clone somehow was lucky enough to inherit traits that the original didn't? I'd like to know how that works. Anyway, I wasn't that serious about the idea anyway. I was just speculating. The answer shouldn't be that far off, so I don't take this stuff too seriously.
Luck of the genetic draw.

It's not like it isn't possible. Even if they're from the same genetic parent, there's always a possibility of having different traits.

But then again, I don't know what was involved in Precia's Project so I can't say what she have done.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:03   Link #322
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sorry, I have a mortal weakness against long text

Luck of the genetic draw.

It's not like it isn't possible. Even if they're from the same genetic parent, there's always a possibility of having different traits.

But then again, I don't know what was involved in Precia's Project so I can't say what she have done.
Sorry, but it really isn't possible. Cloning means creating a new human from the genetic makeup of the ORIGINAL, not the original's parents. Every gene Alicia had, Fate has, and any gene Alicia didn't have, neither does Fate. That's why I mentioned the idea of "latent talent", as in the genes are there and the potential is there but something prevented Alicia from manifesting these traits. It would take manipulation of the clone, like seems to be involved in the project, to trigger any level of manifestation.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:12   Link #323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Sorry, but it really isn't possible. Cloning means creating a new human from the genetic makeup of the ORIGINAL, not the original's parents. Every gene Alicia had, Fate has, and any gene Alicia didn't have, neither does Fate. That's why I mentioned the idea of "latent talent", as in the genes are there and the potential is there but something prevented Alicia from manifesting these traits. It would take manipulation of the clone, like seems to be involved in the project, to trigger any level of manifestation.
Her plan wasn't to clone, but to bring Alica back, which is alot different in terms of the steps she would take.

And read what I've said:

Quote:
Old 2007-06-26, 01:25   Link #324
mechdra

All that Precia wants is to revive Alicia and the return back to the pasy. That is the two things that is forbidden in mahic and it is impossible to be done. Chrono himself said it before that all that Precia tries to do is not possible and Al Hazard itself is just and myth and never exist.

On the other hand, Fate is just a tool for Precia for gathering Jewel Seed. Sje clone Fate for thta purpose only.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:28   Link #325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

On the other hand, Fate is just a tool for Precia for gathering Jewel Seed. Sje clone Fate for thta purpose only.
I thought that was plan B ?

It's because she 'failed' thats why she went with the Jewel Seed route.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:35   Link #326
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah isn't why she gave Fate the memories so she could have a 'new' Alicia. But it didn't quite work out exactly how she planned so she went with rival. WOuldn't think she'd hand out precious memories like that.

But yeah looks like Vivio isn't going to be the new addition to Erio's harem. Tough to hear but really babysitting with Caro works out as well since it puts them relatively alone together.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:42   Link #327
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Her plan wasn't to clone, but to bring Alica back, which is alot different in terms of the steps she would take.

And read what I've said:
I think he's referring to the age gap we see in A's.

~ Seiryuu

That was a dream, Alicia is much older then Fate, they are also not 100% look alike so ~

Also take into account the scene were she commented on how Fate is good at creating familiars,
Why would she do that if Fate just had a copy of Alicia's powers.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:48   Link #328
Meophist

I don't believe Fate was a clone, but simply a being created to be similar to Alicia with her memories.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:51   Link #329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But yeah looks like Vivio isn't going to be the new addition to Erio's harem. Tough to hear but really babysitting with Caro works out as well since it puts them relatively alone together.
A real shame.

Oh well, a threesome is fine too.

(Now if we don't even have that, I'm going to flip...)
Old 2007-06-26, 02:24   Link #330
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well I guess we won't be getting answers until next week's episode, where we will get a new opening theme sequence and ending theme sequence with new speculations about these new opening and ending sequences showed...
and I must agree, this Prophecy is a "massive wonders" for all of us...
Old 2007-06-26, 02:33   Link #331
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
well I guess we won't be getting answers until next week's episode, where we will get a new opening theme sequence and ending theme sequence with new speculations about these new opening and ending sequences showed...
and I must agree, this Prophecy is a "massive wonders" for all of us...
AAAAAHHHHH!!!

All this talk about prophecy made me forget about the new opening and ending!!

Any takes one what new addition they'll toss in?

P.S - Good one btw
Old 2007-06-26, 02:35   Link #332
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I kind of see the answer to the prophecy in the opening, as well as TSAB burning.
And in the ending, a hint to the finally. But maybe I'm too optimistic.
Old 2007-06-26, 02:42   Link #333
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
AAAAAHHHHH!!!

All this talk about prophecy made me forget about the new opening and ending!!

Any takes one what new addition they'll toss in?

P.S - Good one btw
thanks, just wanted everyone to forget about the prophecy for a while...(it gave me a headache last night and i didn't get a good nights sleep for that...errr, thanks Carim>_<)

but yea, I guess we'll get some clues on how this Prophecy will turn out, I'm going for something like the A's opening sequence, the forwards and aces will square off with their Numbers counterparts or equivalent pairings by their skills...like example Quattro vs. Teana or Rein Zwei vs. Agito....
not to mention, maybe the introduction to some new number members as well...and of course, Chrono in action in the opening...can't forget about him

other than that, I'm all in for this new opening and ending!
hopefully "massive wonders" will be as good as "secret ambition"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I kind of see the answer to the prophecy in the opening, as well as TSAB burning.
And in the ending, a hint to the finally. But maybe I'm too optimistic.
Don't worry about it, everyone wants what they want, but everyone right now wants an answer to the Prophecy...I guess the opening will shed some light on this and even the ending...
Old 2007-06-26, 02:43   Link #334
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Lightbulb

A point to note is that family members in Nanohaverse tend to have at least some similarities. The Takamachis, Roulans, Harlaowns and the Nakajima sisters are some good examples. The Takamachi children took after either their father (Kyouya and Miyuki) or mother (Nanoha, and maybe Miyuki to a certain extent). Griffith looks like his mom (down to the glasses), Chrono is almost a Clyne clone and Subaru and Ginga have the same hair color at least.

However, Alicia not only did not inherit her mother's magical potential, she also did not take after her mother in terms of appearance and character (for one, their hair and eye color is totally different, in sharp contrast to the other families). Ironically, it was the artificially created Fate that resembled Precia's "inner" qualities (magic prowess and even their characters, as Linith has noted in the novel).

From this, and from observing the Takamachi family, one can conclude that Alicia took after her father rather than her mother, just like Nanoha taking after her mother instead of her father like her elder siblings. Furthermore, we might also draw the conclusion that her father might not be a mage, thus explaining her lack of magical potential.

Of course, this presents the dilemma as to why Fate, who was created from Alicia's genes, has Precia's gifts while her "elder sister" lacked. Possible explanations might be:

1) that the experiment that killed Alicia and Linith might have mutated her genes, altering them to the extent that the new "Alicia" that was created from these "tainted" genes is given the ability to use magic.

2) Or, in the process of creating her, Precia need to contribute genetic data from her own body, and thus unknowingly gave her new child an unexpected gift.

3) Or we can also combine both theories.

My 2 cents .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-26, 02:44   Link #335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I myself for some reason, can't help imagine the Op to be something like the ones from the Gundam SEED series

Not the music though, just the scenes shown.
Old 2007-06-26, 02:51   Link #336
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Of course, this presents the dilemma as to why Fate, who was created from Alicia's genes, has Precia's gifts while her "elder sister" lacked. Possible explanations might be:

1) that the experiment that killed Alicia and Linith might have mutated her genes, altering them to the extent that the new "Alicia" that was created from these "tainted" genes is given the ability to use magic.

2) Or, in the process of creating her, Precia need to contribute genetic data from her own body, and thus unknowingly gave her new child an unexpected gift.

My 2 cents .
Was it explicitly stated that Fate was a biological clone of Alicia?
Old 2007-06-26, 02:52   Link #337
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
A point to note is that family members in Nanohaverse tend to have at least some similarities. The Takamachis, Roulans, Harlaowns and the Nakajima sisters are some good examples. The Takamachi children took after either their father (Kyouya and Miyuki) or mother (Nanoha, and maybe Miyuki to a certain extent). Griffith looks like his mom (down to the glasses), Chrono is almost a Clyne clone and Subaru and Ginga have the same hair color at least.

However, Alicia not only did not inherit her mother's magical potential, she also did not take after her mother in terms of appearance and character (for one, their hair and eye color is totally different, in sharp contrast to the other families). Ironically, it was the artificially created Fate that resembled Precia's "inner" qualities (magic prowess and even their characters, as Linith has noted in the novel).

From this, and from observing the Takamachi family, one can conclude that Alicia took after her father rather than her mother, just like Nanoha taking after her mother instead of her father like her elder siblings. Furthermore, we might also draw the conclusion that her father might not be a mage, thus explaining her lack of magical potential.

My 2 cents .
cool theory, but wasn't Fate created with mage powers just to act as a doll to Precia to collect jewel seeds and to use her magical abilities to obliterate anyone who gets in the way. (thus having Nanoha vs. Fate in season 1)
Old 2007-06-26, 02:57   Link #338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

but yea, I guess we'll get some clues on how this Prophecy will turn out, I'm going for something like the A's opening sequence, the forwards and aces will square off with their Numbers counterparts or equivalent pairings by their skills...like example Quattro vs. Teana or Rein Zwei vs. Agito....
not to mention, maybe the introduction to some new number members as well...and of course, Chrono in action in the opening...can't forget about him
I see two seperate fights
==================

"[Nanoha/Fate/Vita/Signum] vs [Numbers]"

With Acous, Schach and (heh) Zafira on the side lines

The second group is much more detailed.
=============================

"[Subaru + Teana] vs [Zest]"

"[Caro + Erio] vs [Lutecia + Garyuu]"

"[Friedrich] vs [Jiraioh]" ()

"[Rein] vs [Agito]"

With Ginga on the side lines... Though she's most likely going to help Subaru.

P.S - And before you asked, I have no idea whether the commanders (Chrono/Hayate/Carim) would have a one on one match...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

Quote:
cool theory, but wasn't Fate created with mage powers just to act as a doll to Precia to collect jewel seeds and to use her magical abilities to obliterate anyone who gets in the way. (thus having Nanoha vs. Fate in season 1)
That was Plan B.
Old 2007-06-26, 03:06   Link #339
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
I see two seperate fights
==================

"[Nanoha/Fate/Vita/Signum] vs [Numbers]"

With Acous, Schach and (heh) Zafira on the side lines

The second group is much more detailed.
=============================

"[Subaru + Teana] vs [Zest]"

"[Caro + Erio] vs [Lutecia + Garyuu]"

"[Friedrich] vs [Jiraioh]" ()

"[Rein] vs [Agito]"

With Ginga on the side lines... Though she's most likely going to help Subaru.

P.S - And before you asked, I have no idea whether the commanders (Chrono/Hayate/Carim) would have a one on one match...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

That was Plan B.

That line up is pretty good!
although, of course, the numbers will take on the forwards, but we might need to see more of the Number's attacks and skills before we get an idea who will be fighting who...maybe the opening might show us that...
as for Carim, Chrono, and Hayate being in the opening with their own battle, I'm also kinda stuck on that too.
Chrono, we need to see how he has improved over the years, although there hasn't been an enemy that would count as his equal, unless Acous is a traitor
Carim, maybe she would just be on the sidelines supporting Hayate, I wonder what are Carim's powers anyways...

and about Fate having magical powers....that was Plan B??...I thought Precia really wanted her "doll" to have powers to get rid of anyone that gets in the way of gathering the jewel seeds...
Old 2007-06-26, 03:14   Link #340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That line up is pretty good!
although, of course, the numbers will take on the forwards, but we might need to see more of the Number's attacks and skills before we get an idea who will be fighting who...maybe the opening might show us that...
as for Carim, Chrono, and Hayate being in the opening with their own battle, I'm also kinda stuck on that too.
Chrono, we need to see how he has improved over the years, although there hasn't been an enemy that would count as his equal, unless Acous is a traitor
Carim, maybe she would just be on the sidelines supporting Hayate, I wonder what are Carim's powers anyways...
*Snap finger*

I got IT!! HEHEH!

Hayate: Don't worry about it! Me and Chrono-kun will handle those one million drones!

Chrono: I don't think that's a g-

Hayate: Lets go !

*Drags him away by pulling his tie *

Quote:
and about Fate having magical powers....that was Plan B??...I thought Precia really wanted her "doll" to have powers to get rid of anyone that gets in the way of gathering the jewel seeds...
No no, that was plan B.

Plan A was to create another Alica, but she 'failed'. So she sent Fate off to collet the seeds for plan B.
Closed Thread