AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 13:01   Link #1
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Please Recommend games for PS2 owner

Alright, here's the deal. Most of the games I have are RPGs, and while I like them, I do get sick of the turn-based battle system present in many. I'm looking for a new game or games to play. I don't have a network adapter nor do I want to play MMORPGs. I'd prefer PS2 games because my access to the computer is more limited (though we do have a pretty decent Windows XP machine, not top of the line, but alot of RAM and not too bad otherwise).

So here's what I'm looking for:
PS2 game, has a single-player mode, can have multiplayer b/c I do have two controllers, but shouldn't require it.
Not an RPG (I MIGHT consider one with non-turned-based fighting).
Not an MMORPG or other game which requires the internet.
Anime-style graphics are a plus.
Not DDR, while I like DDR I'm not looking for that type of game right now.
Not Karaoke Revolution, I enjoyed that initially but eventually got sick of it.
The cheaper the better.
Not football, definitely, I might consider other sports games, but most of them probably aren't what I'm looking for.
I like a fantasy or futuristic setting, more the second right now as most of the games I've been playing are in a fantasy setting and I'm looking for a change as I said.
I want to be able to do something in an hour, not like some RPGs where all you do is dungeon crawl for the longest time. Sort of a game I can pick up and play.

Non-RPGs I've played in the past (to give you some guidance):
Incoming - PC - This game, in case you've never heard of it, is a game where you controll various vehicles and shoot the aliens' vehicles. It would have been easier had I had a joystick. I moderately liked this one, but got stuck early on.

Super Mario Bros DX - Gameboy Color - This was one of my favorite games on the Gameboy Color. I used to really obsess over this one. It was kind of hard though (I'm kind of a wimpy gamer). Games in a similar style to this are totally welcome (not that they have to be side-scrolling ).

Digimon Rumble Arena - PSOne - I never owned this one, but I played it a couple of times, and it was fun, but it was really easy. So it probably would have gotten boring eventually.

InuYasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale - PSOne - I liked this at first, but that was because it was about Inu-Yasha, and I'm a fan. Eventually I got tired of it. Definitely not what I'm looking for.

SSX 3 - PS2 - I've played this a couple of times. I hope my parents give it to me for my birthday (I also want to buy at least one more game myself, hence the posting). This one was so much fun, even when I was losing.

The Sims - PC - Liked it at first, now I can't stand the frantic type of play... the characters have so many needs and they're just like little kids, they can't do it by themselves. Really annoying. Plus I don't have a computer that can run it anymore (Windows 98).

Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories - PSOne - This was back when I liked Yu-Gi-Oh. It got old pretty fast, though I liked it alot at first.

R-Type DX - Gameboy Color - I never could get anywhere in this game so eventually I just gave up.

Games I've never played but I'm considering, please tell me what you think of these:
Soul Calibur 2 - I've heard alot of good things about this one.

Oni - I really wanted to get this one when it came out, but I didn't have a PS2 at the time. I didn't realize then that there was a PC version. Also it's really cheap used. Haven't heard much else about this one.

Tenchu 3: Wrath of Heaven - Sounds like a cool ninja game.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I thought I'd post here because someone else made a topic looking for game recommendations before and got alot of responses.

Last edited by bubblehead; 2004-09-18 at 13:03. Reason: forgot something
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 22:53   Link #2
jindo

Lightbulb

Here are some recommendations:
Action/Adventure: GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Socom II.

Anime Related (JPN PS2s only): Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2, Initial D Speical Stage, Love Hina Gorgeous, Macross.

Fighting: VF4 Evo, SFII Anniversary Edition, Guilty Gear Isuka.
jindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 23:08   Link #3
X-1000
Banned

I can recommend you only one cool game, it's SC2(Soul Calibur 2), it's cool and you're going to like it alot.
X-1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 05:04   Link #4
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Gun Grave:OverDose, u shoot shit and do lots of it.

i was also gonna suggest Gradius V but seeing as u gave up on R-Type DX then dont go near it.

SC2 is a good game but conquest mode is gonna take quite a bit of ur time if u want to unlock everything.

Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- great game sometimes the level can be real hard and maybe real long depending on situations

Oni- its the one with the anime lookin chick on the cover rite?? if so then don't go near this game, it was supposed to be good but failed to live up to the hype.
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 09:22   Link #5
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
If you're looking for good action games I would recommend Zone of the Enders 2 and Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space.

Oni is a good game although the controls can be difficult to learn.

The Grand Theft Auto games are great value for your money.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 09:33   Link #6
Yuiichi
Retired.

Hrm... i'm mostly into RPGs too... but lets see...

Jet Li Rise to Honour is a action/adventure/fighter. It's interesting because you use the right analog stick to use your fighting moves.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is a really cheap game if you get it used, only $14 Canadian. I can see why too, most of the moves are really rehashed over and over again. It does have 3 playable characters (Jen, Shu Lin, Mu Bai... if i spelled all of those right) and nicely done hand drawn animations. Also action/adventure/figher.

Stuntman is a sort of a twist on driving games, you are a stuntman, hired to do stunts for movies (duh) and progress your way from really cheap low buget films to blockbusters. This game has an insane difficulty setting, and requires you to play levels over and over again to perfect them.

Soul Calibur 2 was already mentioned, but i'll second that motion, great fighting game. Worth your money. I would rather have it on Gamecube though, faster load times.

Dead of Alive 2: Hardcore is the second installment of the great DoA fighting series. I think this game tops SC2 in terms of gameplay, but the graphics are worse. Still an amazing game.

Yeah, i think thats all the game that i can think of.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 18:52   Link #7
bubblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindo
Here are some recommendations:
Action/Adventure: GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Socom II.

Anime Related (JPN PS2s only): Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2, Initial D Speical Stage, Love Hina Gorgeous, Macross.

Fighting: VF4 Evo, SFII Anniversary Edition, Guilty Gear Isuka.
I'm not really looking for anime related games, because I'm afraid the adaptation would leave me feeling disappointed. Or else I'd be confused if I'd never seen the series.

Also, I have an American PS2 and I am not looking to mod it, so Japanese-only games are out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
Oni- its the one with the anime lookin chick on the cover rite?? if so then don't go near this game, it was supposed to be good but failed to live up to the hype.
Yeah, that's the one. It gets really mixed reviews, some love it, some hate it. When it came out I thought the girl on the cover looked cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Soul Calibur 2 was already mentioned, but i'll second that motion, great fighting game. Worth your money. I would rather have it on Gamecube though, faster load times.
And Link. But alas, I don't have a Gamecube. I may have to suggest it to my friend who does, though. She only has one game.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm really leaning towards Soul Calibur 2; my local game store has it used.

But I'll look into the others. And if anyone has any more recommendations, recommend away!

Edit: Just heard about the Armored Core games. What do you think of those?

Last edited by bubblehead; 2004-09-19 at 20:54.
Old 2004-09-19, 21:30   Link #8
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Armored Core games... oh man, i spents many hours a day playing these games... actually now that i think about it its nice to just pop in and play for an hour, its mission based so u can breeze through like 2-3 with time for customization in between. i would like to warn u thou that many ppl may have trouble adjusting to the controls but with the new one coming out just weeks away, i hear theres like a new control set up to use as well.
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 22:43   Link #9
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Oni and Tenchu ROCK big time- 2 of my favorite all-time games. Tenchu even has a difficult but fun co-op mode. People say Oni didn't "live up to the hype," but I don't know what they're talking about. I loved it- challenging and lots of fun- both the hand to hand combat and the weapons are very well-implemented and the art style is also very cool. Get it for PC. Tenchu is one of the best and most overlooked stealth games out there- surpassed in my opinion only by the Thief games (for PC).

Other GREAT! ps2 games:

The Wrath of Kri: The art has a very Disney look to it (the art IS actually done by some old Disney animators), but once you see the main character perform one of his surprisingly brutal stealth kill (or kills otherwise), all thoughts of Disney vanish. This is one of those hidden gem games that you never forget- it's a third person action game with a few unique twists- when faced with multiple enemies, you can very easily map each one to a different button, which makes for some very fun and strategic combat. Or, you can face one enemy and pull off some BRUTAL combos. Like I alluded to earlier, there are also some interesting stealth elements. I'd tell you a lot more, but just save my time and get this one.....and they're working on a Sequel!!!!!

Twisted Metal Black: I played one of the earlier Twisted Metals and hated it- it seemed boring- car combat just didn't seem fun. But this one- WOW! Fantastic graphics, a huge array of weapons and characters, incredibly detailed and often large levels, tons of macabre cut-scenes, and a fantastic choral/orchestral soundtrack. If the idea of cars blowing each other up in a battle-royale type deal appeals to you at all, don't miss this. And the theme song is "Paint it Black"- how can you not like that.

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner: I played the first game and realized that it COMPLETELY sucked. Though anime themed, it was very cliched and the main character was unbelievably annoying. The battle system was also very clunky and repetitive and the sub-weapons were useless. EVERYTHING is fixed in the second game to the point that this one is one of my absolute favorites. This is a third person game where you control a stylish looking and flexible mech (that flies all over the universe, etc.) The graphics have a very subtle cell-shaded look to them and look VERY good. All of the weapons have been redone so that they are all quite useful now. The gameplay has been mixed up a bit and the story now takes place in actual ANIME cut-scenes. The story won't blow you away, but I found it entertaining enough for a game. The music also really pulls you into the game- mostly techno and the like, but very effective. Once you finish the game, there is a TON of extra missions and stuff to do- and I found the gameplay fun enough to go back and do just that. DON'T bother playing the first game- the second game includes a bunch of pieced together cut-scenes that tell you the plot of the first game and show its (very few) cool moments.

Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance :
If games that make story their most important component interest you, then you HAVE to play these two. The voice acting and depth of story in these games is simply unparalled- anywhere. The story (I won't give anything away) has to do with vampires, mythology, and free will. The gameplay, itself, is third person action with a lot of puzzles thrown in. I found most of the puzzles easy enough, but I went to an FAQ a few times when they got brutal. The combat is a little bit repetitive, but still quite fun. Either way, I was impelled to get through because the story was so gripping. I beat each in 2 days a piece not because they are particularly short, but because I HAD to know what happened. Again, music also fits in quite well with this one. OH, again, don't worry about playing the first one- Soul Reaver 2 is very generous in including both written backstory as well as the impressive beginning and ending cut-scenes from the first game. The first game is for playstation/dreamcast and has much less of story than these 2.

I hope my suggestions help as I realize I just spent way too much time typing them.

And I might add that all of the games I mentioned can easily be found used for $20 or less now. Heck, I've seen some of them used for $10 dollars or less.

Last edited by wsheit; 2004-09-20 at 22:23.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:10   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

I am surprised no one nominated

Shin Sengou Musou series(Japanese release) aka Dynasty Warrior series (North American release)
A great 3rd person action series based on the Chinese Romance of Three Kingdoms story (with Japanese adaptations). Pick your warrior, wander around the map vanquishing hordes of soldiers and generals (bosses), picking up items and weapons, unlocking new warriors and features. The fighting system is simple to execute (no complex ABAC,hold D,SCF, UD, BBAB) but its combos are still possible enough for any slightly serious person to execute.

Soul Calibur 2 as already mentioned many-times, is also a very good nomination.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 01:22   Link #11
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Let's see if I can help you out. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, hell, my old PSX is rarely plugged in, and I just borrow my friends' PS2s for an extended period of time (one time was over a year). Note that some of these games may be for the PSX.

Genre: Active RPG
Reiselied: Ephemeral Fantasia
1 Player

This game was made around 2000, made by Konami. It has anime-styled characters (I guess), and the music is pretty good (it was billed as a "Musical RPG" ). You might find it tough to get into. I'll try not to spoil much, but in that game, don't get too worried about dying several times.
I have to warn you however that I have fallen asleep playing this game. The gameplay needs work, but it's still playable.

Genre: Arcade Racing
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
1-2 Players, VS. Mode.

Ok, this is a classic game for the PSX. Great music if you like a fusion of rock, electronica and some funk. Easy to learn, but the replay value isn't really there.

Genre: Arcade Racing
R: Racing Evolution
1-2 Players VS. Mode.

Ridge Racer's cousin. Not a bad game.

Genre: Simulation Racing
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec: The Real Driving Simulator
1-4 Players, VS. Mode (with I.Link)

I'm certain you've heard of this one, most people have. You should probably wait for GT4's release, but once it hits the shelves, GT3 should get cheaper.

Genre: Active RPG
Final Fantasy VIII
1 Player

I can't really say much about this one. My favourite Final Fantasy.

Genre: Action RPG
1 Player
Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II

If you're into shooting neo-mitochondrion creatures, this is for you. Horror, Survival. I don't have much of a tolerance for horror games, so I actually found myself uncomfortable playing these games at midnight, all alone in my basement.

Genre: Fighting/Martial Arts
Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4
1-4 Players VS. Mode; 1-2 Players

At least try out Tag if you're into fighting games. It should be cheap these days. Replayability depends on whether people will actually verse you, and you/they aren't sore losers. I myself am bored of Tekken because no one will fight me anymore. I keep winning while they madly mash the buttons.

Genre: Arcade Flight
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
1-2 Players VS. Mode.

My favourite for when I want to blow some fighter jets out of the sky. Great musical score. VS. Mode isn't that great, so this is basically a 1 player game.

Genre: Golf
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
1-4 Players VS. Mode.

I was actually surprised at how good this game was. If you like to golf, you'll probably like this game too. An alternative is Hot Shots 3, which is more of an arcade golfer.

Genre: Action/War, Hack and Slash/Beat'em Up
Dynasty Warriors 4, Xtreme Legends, Samurai Warriors
1-2 Players VS. and Co-op.

Ah... there's nothing like conquering old China or Japan with a fan... or better yet, an umbrella (I'm serious). While not all the weapons used are outrageous, you might raise your eyebrows from time to time. I'd recommend playing with a friend. If you work well together it can be quite fun, and it's much easier to complete objectives with two players.

Genre: Wrestling Simulation
SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain
1-6 Players VS. and Co-op.

Heh, I just felt like putting this one on the list. I doubt you'll even consider it. However, if you DO actually try this game out, you'd better have a multitap and 5 friends so you can duke it out.

Genre: Action
Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City
1 Player

A good game, but for me it got old fast. To spice things up, my friends and I inputted codes that made the game harder and timed eachother to see how long we could last (mainly codes like: Pedestrians Have Weapons, Pedestrians Attack You, Pedestrians Riot). Now THAT kept us entertained for a while.

Genre: Action/Espionage Simulation
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty and Substance.
1 Player

I don't think I need to say much about this one either.

Genre: Action/Mecha
Zone Of The Enders & Zone Of The Enders 2: The Second Runner
1-2 Players VS. Mode

Single player mode is what shines here. Not that this is a really remarkable game, but if you need a Gundam/Macross like fix, this may be able to quell you for a while. I'm pretty sure there is a PS2 Gundam game... but I don't think it's made it to North America.

I've run out of games to list. In my mind I know I've played and enjoyed way more games than this pitiful list, but it's been so long and I can't really recall most of it. Watching anime took priority over playing video games about a year ago.

Some that I have not played:

Genre: Horror/Survival
Fatal Frame & Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterflies.
1 Player

I want to try this game so bad, but I haven't been able to yet. I've heard it's pretty good.

I hope I helped. And I hoped on of those on the list causes you to waste 100+ hours of your life on video games .

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2004-09-21 at 12:51.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 11:35   Link #12
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
There are several Gundam games in North America, with more coming. Battle Assault 3 and SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow will probably make it here, and AEUG vs Titans DX will be released early next year. Zeonic Front, a tactical squad-based action game, is released as is Federation vs Zeon DX (just uses FvZ as a title in the US), an arcade action game. Encounters in Space, which is more along the lines of ZoE is also out.

And I would recommend against Soul Calibur 2 if there are better finds like DoA 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament. Both are better fighting games, but SC 2 is much easier if you don't want a lot of crunching and practice to get good like in TTT.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 13:13   Link #13
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I didn't like Soul Calibur 2 all that much. It was my first Soul game though.

The weapons mode or whatever that mode is where you go on a journey and do different little challenges to get money and train, and build up your weapons inventory was really boring. Some challenges I found were impossible for me, and I could never really get the drift of the button controls. Maybe it's because the only fighting game I've played extensively for the PSX/PS2 is the Tekken series.

It's still a good game. It has some fans so I'd still say maybe rent it first. Well... you should try to pre-play any of these games before buying them. Or perhaps read some player reviews at www.gamefaqs.com
Old 2004-09-22, 16:20   Link #14
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I just recently bought Bujingai.

Its short (7 stages) but if you truely LOVE outlandish martial arts style movies, you'll so fall in love with this game. The battles are absolutely beautiful to look at, it has very easy controls, and a great countering system, my only problem is with the delayed animation for the air glides, when you hit X the second time and hold, you don't automatically glide, Lau (the person you play as) goes through a few frames of "preperation" before moving, so on the platform areas of the game, it can be somewhat tricky and annoying. You also get magic attacks and you have a mini "level up your character" type option. The countering system is awsome as hell too, very simple yet at the sametime so much fun.

But I'll say it more time, if you liked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon then you'll be so into this game, since it makes CTHD look like crap in terms of beauty and style, and fights.

I don't know if you listen to Jrock/Jpop but the main character is modelled after Gackt, and you can unlock his interview + all the other character's VA/company interviews and some other cool extras.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 17:46   Link #15
FrostLich

Since your looking for cheap games, im going to list some old games. I dont buy legit games so i dont know their actual value. I also stopped playing PS2 a long time ago so i only know old games.

Devil May Cry is a good game and dont be cocky when you beat the game and think its easy. Depending on your skill lvl and how many times u die, the game automatticaly adjusts the difficulty of the game. This is a really good action game with cool combos and really fun battles. The puzzles are lame and can be solved by a child from grade 1 but this game is all about fun battles.

You might be tempted to get Devil May Cry 2 but dont bother. DMC 2 is amazingly easy and just doesnt have that coolness of DMC1.

FFX is a amazing rpg but you've probably played it alrdy. Long game with tons of fun, no need to explain this game. You'll probably get FFX-2 regardless of what I say but if you really dont want to waste money then dont get FFX-2.

GTA Vice city if u havent gotton GTA3 or played a lot of GTA3 b4 cuz the 2nd time around just doesnt have the same feeling. Although GTA Vice city has much more options and weapons, once u finish the missions, it doesnt last as long as the first one. The missions on GTA Vice city however are a lot tougher and more fun but can get really frustrating after losing 20 times in a row. I had to use cheats to pass some missions.

NHL Hitz is a good hockey game. Im not sure about the replay value of this game though since i only played it here and there. Its really fun for 2 players and franchise is also good. The option of unlocking really cool rinks and customizing your own team is fun but the game is too easy and all the computers suck.

Kindom hearts if u like zelda games. Action adventure game that resembles zelda 64 except this time, you can lvl up and buy weapons and potions. They also have a unique party system and contains characters from both the final fantasy series and disney characters. Theres barly any FF characters but a abundent of Disney characters. In fact every world u visit is a world from a Disney show such as that Tarzen jungle or Allidan's desert. I dont suggest this if u didnt like zelda since this resembles Zelda in many ways.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 18:17   Link #16
noir maou_sama

I know how you feel-standing around while enemies hit you and not being able to do anything about it. Have you ever tried the Star Ocean rpg series? The setting for them is part fantasy, part futuristic. The battle system lets you run around a field, hitting enemies and dodging attacks. There's also item creation, where you can create healing items, armor, and weapons.
Only Star Ocean 2 and 3(Till the End of Time) are available in the US and I've never played the first on Super NES(only in Japan anyway) so...
Star Ocean:The Second Story is for PSOne and I'm not sure how rare or available it is, but I think it should be an easy find. It should also be very cheap. I personally liked this one better than it's sequel because item creation is better. In fact, I like most things better in this game, but you may not agree. Battles are 2D, but you can move up and down and all around.
Star Ocean:Till the End of Time just came out in early September for PS2. The game is full 3D and the battle system is similar to 2. However, there are some changes and such. Item creation is back, but with many changes. You now have to hire people rather than use the people in your party(your party members are about average compared to others). This somewhat limits things at first, but later on in the game, you get more flexibility.
I personally like two better overall. In each game you get up to eight characters, but you have more choice in 2. Besides the main two characters Claude and Rena, you get to choose the other 6 out of around 10-12(but choosing one might not let you get a certain other character so you may want to look that up). 3 only lets you choose 2 of 4, while the other 6 are chosen for you. I geuss you can look them up for more details if you wish.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:53   Link #17
Nothing Special
Hello.

If you're into Resident Evil-type games, then I recommend Fatal Frame. The fighting system is awkward, but for me, it's the atmosphere that makes this game worthwhile. I have the sequel but haven't played it, so I can't comment on it. :\

I really like Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus. Great action-adventure game. Almost as good as Mario.
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 10:44   Link #18
noir maou_sama

I second Sly Cooper, but it is short. I beat it in around 2-3 days. However, the game was fun and I think it's on the Greatest Hits so it would be only $20.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:46   Link #19
bubblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Special
If you're into Resident Evil-type games, then I recommend Fatal Frame. The fighting system is awkward, but for me, it's the atmosphere that makes this game worthwhile. I have the sequel but haven't played it, so I can't comment on it. :\

I really like Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus. Great action-adventure game. Almost as good as Mario.
<.<
>.>

Creepy isn't my thing... I've heard about Fatal Frame and Resident Evil. Don't think I'd like them. When a scary movie is on, I either leave the room or I stay and watch and later regret it.

But Sly Cooper sounds good. I love Mario... pity it's a Nintendo series so no PS2 games... Ah well, I got a PS2 because I wanted to play RPGs... pity I don't want to so much now... though I think I'll try to get a bit further in Suikoden III... gah, so stuck.

And FrostLich, believe it or not, I've never played FFX, any of the Zelda games, or any of the GTA games. Only Final Fantasy I've ever played is Final Fantasy VII, and that not much... my dad got it back before I got a PS2. I got into gaming pretty late, I think, well console gaming at least, I've been playing PC games since the days of DOS. 'Course back in those days I was a little kid, so they were little kid games.

And noir maou_sama, I haven't tried Star Ocean. Normally I would have jumped at it, but I don't want any more RPGs until I get over my tiredness of them. Though when I do, it'll probably be either Star Ocean 3 or Kingdom Hearts. And as I hope to get a job relatively soon, it may end up being both, though that would overfill my free time for quite a while, I'm sure.

I hardly ever finish games. x_x Unless they're REALLY short.

Last edited by bubblehead; 2004-09-23 at 17:47. Reason: typos
Old 2004-09-23, 20:38   Link #20
FrostLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehead
Normally I would have jumped at it, but I don't want any more RPGs until I get over my tiredness of them. Though when I do, it'll probably be either Star Ocean 3 or Kingdom Hearts.
Some ppl get the wrong impression that Kingdom hearts is a turn based rpg since it goes under the RPG catagory which makes ppl think that its turn based. You said you were tired of turn based RPGs but Kingdom hearts is simply an RPG in terms of the fact that you can level up. Kindgom hearts is kind of kiddish, so if you hate disney characters and how all the enemies can only die in a very poilte way, then dont get this game. This game also lacks a huge world with dungeons and etc. However it does have huge varity since your traveling between worlds, it can go from a jungle to a desert to a tundra atmosphere. Made for children but contains puzzles hard enough to confuse the more experienced players(the hard puzzles are usally optional though). It also is quite a hard challange if you want to go above and beyond and defeat the monsters in the fighting arenas and etc.

If you havent played GTA3 b4, i recommend you get GTA vice city since it is a unique genre that just started since GTA3. So it is a new experience even though its been overdone by now. If you don't like random violance that consists of blood and killing lots of people, then dont get this. This game has huge replay value as even after you finish all the missions, you can travel around the city causinig random carnage and seeing how much time you can avoid the cops b4 they catch you. If your doing random carange then i suggest using weapon cheats to receive all the weapons for maximum carnage. I usally discourage cheating in any game but GTA3 is an exception.

I cant remember the name but theres this Naruto game for PS2 that is quite fun(theres only 1 naruto series for PS2, so shouldnt be hard to find). Don't get it though since the 2nd one is coming out in a few weeks. Im not sure about the quality of the 2nd one but they say they are adding more characters and increased gameplay. The 1st one kind of resembles super smash bros except with naruto animations. Really fun especially when facing a friend. It lacks replay value though since there is only about 12 characters and a handful of maps. There arent much complex moves too which gives it its super smash bros feel. Its more of a rental but since the 2nd one is promising more characters and more maps, it might just erase its biggest weakness. *Note* Not sure if you can buy this game in any American shelves. If your azn, then you probably know where to get one near you though.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote