AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-08, 02:04   Link #1321
doomrider7

About the anime and where it ends...I think it'll either end with the Hinata fight or after the Harvest Festival, but definitely not Walpurgis yet.
doomrider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 08:10   Link #1322
Hata
時の異邦人

if the rumor of the second 2 cour season is true, season 1 will end by book 4's first hinata fight, season 2 will end by book 8 the national day festival.

if not true? book 5 the demon lord banquet is still a good stopping point for a single season, but the current pace seems too slow to make it?
Old 2018-11-08, 11:21   Link #1323
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Going on how popular it is now since its our Very First Animated monster reincarnation story then perhaps in might have a season 2 planned.

Also its good that they are the first seriously reincarnated as a monster story to be animated. It sets a good impression on monster reincarnation story......in Overlord rather than reincarnated its more like transmigrated in his own game avatar since we have no idea wherever Ainz real body is truly dead or not. The two might look the same but anime watcher only who is not a anime maniac or have nothing to do in manga or LN it will make separate category of the two.

For example we have tons of monster or rather reincarnation rebirth story not just monster in general in both WN & LN, but not all of those is decent some is boring as fck that once its animated it will either be forgotten or just simple kill the entire isekai rebirth genre in anime industry

now the question is wherver if the slime season 2 will have a story interesting enough to fight other isekai genre at that season? Since it made isekai genre very popular now other will pop up! Such as the spider or the goblin. Honestly the slime if far better in beginning but i dont know about LN but in WN after "Hinata's second attack arc" it went super down hill & rather confusing & boring specially the ENEGRY stuff it almost like dragonball copy but done boringly wrong.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 14:41   Link #1324
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Going on how popular it is now since its our Very First Animated monster reincarnation story then perhaps in might have a season 2 planned.

Also its good that they are the first seriously reincarnated as a monster story to be animated. It sets a good impression on monster reincarnation story......in Overlord rather than reincarnated its more like transmigrated in his own game avatar since we have no idea wherever Ainz real body is truly dead or not. The two might look the same but anime watcher only who is not a anime maniac or have nothing to do in manga or LN it will make separate category of the two.

For example we have tons of monster or rather reincarnation rebirth story not just monster in general in both WN & LN, but not all of those is decent some is boring as fck that once its animated it will either be forgotten or just simple kill the entire isekai rebirth genre in anime industry

now the question is wherver if the slime season 2 will have a story interesting enough to fight other isekai genre at that season? Since it made isekai genre very popular now other will pop up! Such as the spider or the goblin. Honestly the slime if far better in beginning but i dont know about LN but in WN after "Hinata's second attack arc" it went super down hill & rather confusing & boring specially the ENEGRY stuff it almost like dragonball copy but done boringly wrong.
Spider already got its anime announced, but unfortunately they'll use LN designs over manga designs and it appears it is going to be pretty heavy on CGI as well... not a good sign...

Re:Monster... I wish it aired this season alongside Goblin Slayer because it might create some much greater "controversy", rather than the more annoying comparisons between Slime and Goblin Slayer we actually got this season... but no, it appears there is no anime announced for Re:Monster yet. I am not sure it will ever get one. Though it was good enough to get it's own mobile game, so perhaps it might get an anime eventually.

I know that there are quite a few changes the LN made. I am in the middle of the first LN volume and they actually added stories about Shizu's time with Leon at the end of every chapter of the volume, up until where I am at. Those additions didn't appear in the manga, so it seems to be LN-exclusive. I am quite curious about other additions the LN makes, escpacially in regards to Cloe and Great Sage. Those two characters are so damn mysterious because they are likely doing things that are not directly shown to us readers.

For Great Sage we have her suspicious actions behind Rimuru's back, like secretly blocking Gazell's mind reading (according to Veldora's Journey from the manga), but not telling Rimuru anything about it. What is that about? Is it just me or does it seem like Great Sage for some reason tries to keep Rimuru "as he is" and prevent any greater changes to his psyche? I mainly got this from how far Great Sage/Raphael went in the harvest festival arc when reviving Shion, even to the point of almost permanently weakening Rimuru. She clearly didn't want to see him in this "revenge mode" where he is out for blood.

Also why is Cloe somehow involved with many of Rimuru's power ups? Was sealing Veldora done purposely because in another timeline Rimuru didn't have a high-magicule body and wasn't named early on, being much weaker? Did Cloe only raid Leon for the explicit purpose so that Shizu would be able to meet Rimuru later on? Did she forget about that due to her partial memory loss? Intriguing questions that I don't think the WN ever answered, though maybe the side-stories did, I don't know. But I am very curious about it. Maybe the anime will have its own exclusive content as some kind of blu-ray special or something that addresses it. Or maybe the manga side-story will switch to someone else, after Veldora is released?

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-11-08 at 14:52.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 05:02   Link #1325
mickbis

Finally, Guro manage to complete webnovel
Now move on to the wait for rewrite ending in Light Novel
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 05:18   Link #1326
Ultragunner

Ciel best gurl

Spoiler for Epilogue:

Yeah....about that Rimuru-chan....knowing Ciel she's definitely aiming for that exact same thing
But no worries, it's all for your sake oh slime
Old 2018-11-14, 09:15   Link #1327
tsunade666

I'm not that familiar in importance and hierarchy of the love craft myth but how important is Nodens?
Old 2018-11-14, 13:58   Link #1328
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Nodens is like a being equal to a king(Evil king) of the lovecraft myth. he is strong and pretty much a big figure of the mythos but he is not a Outer God & he fall far behind in both power & significance if you compare him on the big 4 of lovecraft mythology (Azathot, Yog-sothot, Shub-Niggurath & Nyarlanthotep)
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 17:00   Link #1329
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Am I reading this correctly? According to Google Translate, Blu-Ray Disc vol. 1 of the anime will have a booklet's worth of 50 pages of written bonus material by original author Fuze? So will this be something like Veldora's diary in the manga? I am curious what this will be about this time and hope that a kind soul will... well... you know... do that which I am not allowed to directly mention in this thread.

http://www.ten-sura.com/products/275/
Old 2018-11-19, 12:24   Link #1330
Ultragunner

yup, so all 8 episodes of the anime have been dedicated to the 1st vol.

so at this rate, only 3 vols will be adapted into the anime.

I guess the ending will be similar to the end of manga vol 8 after the battle with the sky whale. Talk about a cliffhanger geez
Old 2018-11-19, 13:06   Link #1331
mickbis

That would be much better cliffhanger than end at LN vol 4 according to OP
as it pretty much Rimuru almost got beat by Hinata
and we will need a Vol 5 for a proper conclusion of the arc
Old 2018-11-19, 16:15   Link #1332
LKK

I restored 2 posts that I mistakenly deleted. (I thought I was in the anime thread. ugh) My apologies.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 16:24   Link #1333
xeco

Anyone knows what happens to Shion and the other "harem members " at the end of the story?
xeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 17:26   Link #1334
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

This franchise deals far too much with subtlety. I completely forgot the part about Shizu being a Majin rather a human, because her body has been accostumed so much to Ifrit

This made me realize two things:
1. Rimuru's "Human form" is actually not a Human form, but a Majin form.
2. The reason why Rimuru has an easier time transforming into Majin form compared to other forms is not because of some "power of friendship" non-sense of Shizu "willingly offering" her body, but rather beause her body has pretty much become a "vessel" for the Spirit Ifrit, which appearently seems to be compatible with "demonic" stuff as well and makes it possible for a demonic being, like the Slime Rimuru, to change into that form more easily and be more "in tune" with it (no black mist, no loss in reaction speed).
Old 2018-11-19, 19:43   Link #1335
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeco View Post
Anyone knows what happens to Shion and the other "harem members " at the end of the story?
The same as always
But the fight for first wife position is more intense
( Rimuru said he does not need one as he is basically immortal now and bring genderless )
Old 2018-11-20, 00:40   Link #1336
Fufufu
Doffy

Who was she that hero from episode 8? Was she Chloe?
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 02:04   Link #1337
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
Who was she that hero from episode 8? Was she Chloe?
Hinata in Chloe's body.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 02:31   Link #1338
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Hinata in Chloe's body.
A fusion between the two, but Cloe is still the one in charge, AFAIK and Hinata is only a "voice talking in her head" like Great Sage/Raphael/Ciel for Rimuru, and if you include Mathematician, then she pretty much could do the calculation stuff for her as well.
Old 2018-11-20, 02:57   Link #1339
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
A fusion between the two, but Cloe is still the one in charge, AFAIK and Hinata is only a "voice talking in her head" like Great Sage/Raphael/Ciel for Rimuru, and if you include Mathematician, then she pretty much could do the calculation stuff for her as well.
At that time, Hinata was in control of the body. Since Leon and Chole had been summoned to the world, so Chloe's consciousness disappeared and was replaced by Chronoa's. So Hinata was tasked with taking care of Shizue while mentally fighting back against Chronoa and then go to Ruminas and get sealed for the time being.

Note that I've only read the light novel, so I don't know how it was in the Web Novel, but in the light novel, Hinata to control over the body twice. Once was when they sealed Veldora, it was Hinata that fought due to she wanted revenge against him after losing to him inside the dungeon, and the other time was when taking care of Shizue.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 03:48   Link #1340
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
At that time, Hinata was in control of the body. Since Leon and Chole had been summoned to the world, so Chloe's consciousness disappeared and was replaced by Chronoa's. So Hinata was tasked with taking care of Shizue while mentally fighting back against Chronoa and then go to Ruminas and get sealed for the time being.

Note that I've only read the light novel, so I don't know how it was in the Web Novel, but in the light novel, Hinata to control over the body twice. Once was when they sealed Veldora, it was Hinata that fought due to she wanted revenge against him after losing to him inside the dungeon, and the other time was when taking care of Shizue.
I don't think it really mattered though, considering Chloe/Hinata was merely "going through the motions", as sealing Veldora and rescuing Shizue already happened in the previous timeline where Chloe had to deal with everything herself and Rimuru "presumably" died to the hands of Hinata. So it was a pre-determined event, something that in the course of various timejumps had probably originated with the purpose of helping Rimuru power-up by providing him a "sealed true dragon friend" and a good "vessel" for transformation.

I didn't even get to read up until Chronoa gets mentioned by name in WN yet (appears to happen considerably earlier in the LN going by what you say, in the WN she is only refered to as "Spirit of Time" up until that point), but going by what I got spoilt about her personality, she'd definitly have enough of a love-struck douche-bag personality to "direct" Chloe to not only prepare a great birth-bed for Rimuru via Veldora, but also to essentially plan out the timing of Shizue's death as pretty much a living sacrifice for Rimuru.

So even the existence of Hinata's ego free from Yuuki's mind control along with her hatched hero egg in the current timeline wasn't able to influence the past in the slightest (I assume the only one who could pull off any changes at that point would be Chronoa herself?) - which is for the better since it already was the timeline that would lead to Rimuru ascending as a Demon Lord. However Hinata's ego and hero's egg does have an influence on Chloe in the "present day", as after the time travel she is, unlike earlier timejumps, considerably stronger, both in terms of power, but also mentally.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-11-20 at 03:59.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation