AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-18, 00:36   Link #1
Nymene

Lightbulb Kage no Tsukaite

Original title : 影の使い手
Web Novel Page : http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2910dl/
Current Status : 104 WN chapters ( As of today on 18th October 2018)
Published as Light Novel too under Overlap Bunko

Author : 葬儀屋 Sougiya
Illustrator : 山椒魚

Summary :

Introduction:
The strongest remains hidden in the shadows thoroughly.....

Kageyama, a guy who lives by the motto "I don't want to be conspicuous", is summoned to another world with all of his classmates.

Despite living by that motto and self-imposed rule, he gained a rare job class known as an "Asassin(Ninja written in Kanji too)in contrary to his wishes, so he decided to conceal his job class from everyone else.

Therefore, to gain the necessary power and strength needed to protect his secret, he trained intensively at a dungeon in secret, and as a result of that, his status has reached a level where he could overpower most other people.

At the same time, some people in the kingdom who don't think well of the uncooperative Kageyama, started plotting something sinister.....

Kageyama, who came to find out about that dastardly plot, began to take his own action to counter it.....?

A boy who has sworn to live only in the "shadows"......Thus begins Act 1 of this Strongest Stealthy Warrior Fantasy story !

FAQ :

Spoiler for spoilers:

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 02:43. Reason: correction
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:06   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Know nothing about this

Is that girl on the cover the one who fell in love with Yuusha too?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:08   Link #3
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Know nothing about this

Is that girl on the cover the one who fell in love with Yuusha too?
Yes, she is MC's childhood friend who's now part of the Yuusha's harem group
Old 2018-10-18, 01:10   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Uheee

If no girls like the MC, isn't he just a loser?
Old 2018-10-18, 01:17   Link #5
Rasty

What's the point of trying to be inconspicuous if you are trying so much that you stand out the most because of it?
And yeah, getting your osananajimi NTRed by the hero seems to me as a good character trait for a loser.

Which leads to a question I seriously fear to ask, but what is the motivation of the MC? I get he wants to stay in shadows (for which being the most uncooperative seems as a terrible idea), but what else does he want? Of course not money, girls or fame, but what then?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 03:08   Link #6
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What's with this Cliche novel... sigh
He wants to stay in shadows and don't want to stand out...? That's freaking Cliche and boring!
Old 2018-10-18, 03:20   Link #7
Garn

Regrettably apparently this is a novel of 2016 that does not even reach 400k characters (in 100 chapters).
And these two combinations [主人公不在多々] and [脇役] do not help, it reinforces the possible irritation that this novel may cause.
Also according to reviews of vol 1 in amazon, basically the actions of the MC has no real relevance and any problem that the MC is involved is enhanced by his own ineptitude.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 04:24   Link #8
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
What's the point of trying to be inconspicuous if you are trying so much that you stand out the most because of it?
And yeah, getting your osananajimi NTRed by the hero seems to me as a good character trait for a loser.

Which leads to a question I seriously fear to ask, but what is the motivation of the MC? I get he wants to stay in shadows (for which being the most uncooperative seems as a terrible idea), but what else does he want? Of course not money, girls or fame, but what then?
Uhmmm, I can answer your questions and doubts, but I consider them plot spoilers, so I guess I have to attach the spoiler tag to answer your questions below.

Spoiler for spoilers for the plot:
Old 2018-10-18, 04:45   Link #9
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Cliche and boring~~
Old 2018-10-18, 05:49   Link #10
Valky
Radioactive

Yeahh ... Then he should just go to some very rural random village and die there.

Seriously, why is he even doing things? I don't think he'll need money very much at some random rural village.
Old 2018-10-18, 09:06   Link #11
Nymene

For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......

In contrast, the other novel with a similar setting, Assasin de aru ore no status---something (I forgot the whole name of the title ), doesn't have such a scene with a grill hugging a Yuusha character from the beginning chapters......
Old 2018-10-18, 09:20   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......
So... What are you trying to say is, that this is a Do-M NTR Crap show?
Old 2018-10-18, 09:26   Link #13
bakato

Since there wouldn't be much of a story if he actually succeeded in living a mob life, how does he end up getting dragged into shenanigans after faking his death?
Old 2018-10-18, 09:33   Link #14
Nymene

And, if this ever gets a Manga, the Mangaka has no choice but to draw Kotoha as a pretty girl, because the WN chapter 3 clearly stated "Bishoujo" which translates as "pretty girl". So he can't draw just a freckled girl with glasses and must follow exactly as the source material text stated.

MC's facial expression will of course not be drawn too dramatic, I guess, as it's not even his own Osananajimi that's doing the hugging.......at least not yet.
Old 2018-10-18, 09:35   Link #15
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:

In contrast, the other novel with a similar setting, Assasin de aru ore no status---something (I forgot the whole name of the title ), doesn't have such a scene with a grill hugging a Yuusha character from the beginning chapters......
I don't really get your point or you mean this novel show some girl hugged other guy beside MC? if so then this alone can't consider to be standout or special to be honest.
Quote:
Uhmmm, I can answer your questions and doubts, but I consider them plot spoilers, so I guess I have to attach the spoiler tag to answer your questions below.

Spoiler for spoilers for the plot:
I think i understand why this got bad review, some characters and their logic sound dumb and frustrating as hell.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 10:06   Link #16
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:

Quote:
And, if this ever gets a Manga, the Mangaka has no choice but to draw Kotoha as a pretty girl, because the WN chapter 3 clearly stated "Bishoujo" which translates as "pretty girl". So he can't draw just a freckled girl with glasses and must follow exactly as the source material text stated.

MC's facial expression will of course not be drawn too dramatic, I guess, as it's not even his own Osananajimi that's doing the hugging.......at least not yet.
That's depressing and pathetic as fu*k! More shi* than Sono mono or whatever it's called...
And are you trying to recommend this shi* to us? Nobody likes this cliche and boring MC...
Old 2018-11-16, 06:24   Link #17
Nymene

In this LN, other than the Yuusha character, the MC has a male best friend named Kakimoto, so I hope that he too gets a girl of his own and gets strong enough to help MC and his heroine in the future. Kakimoto deserves one girl of his own just like the MC many times more so than the brainless Yuusha.

As for the Yuusha, Kotomine Akira, I don't quite care much if he dies or not if he fights the Maou Army, as he....blamed the MC for doing something ( he was framed for ) without investigating thoroughly first.
Old 2019-06-02, 10:20   Link #18
Nymene

Anyone still reading this ?
Old 2019-09-11, 12:12   Link #19
Nymene

Question

Hmmm..... I wonder when Vol 3 will come out....

Tags
assasin, class isekai summoning, harem (not mc), overpowered mc