AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-15, 16:09   Link #81
Lefay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there were more loopers. The spiders probably aren't the only organized mind mages, and as shown by Kael, not all necromancers and soul mages are bad.

It would be kind of amusing if everyone was piggy backing off Zack in one way or another. The amnesia may not have been the lich's doing if that were the case.
Oh, right, that's an interesting theory. Maybe the lich was responsible for Zach's coma for several restarts, but the amnesia and memory wipe was done by a mind mage while he was blacked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
There are not only markers, like the arachnichs there are may be other ways to loop on together with them.
But the aranea still require a real looper as a host. Red Robe might be manipulating his body in some way that the marker doesn't show, since he seems to rely on his fake body (ectoplasmic shell).
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 06:46   Link #82
Darius Drake

Just in case anyone else reads this randomly placed post thinking of reading this story:

The only complaint I've read about it is "The beginning is too slow, and I lost interest before the Time Loop began". The beginning in question is the first three chapters, and the person who posted it suggested that the information that was in the initial three chapters could have been filled via flashbacks and the like, so the story could get to the interesting things more quickly.

Personally, I disagree. The story IS a bit slow, sure. If I think about it critically, the entire story so far mostly just builds momentum. However, the beginning gives us important information, and allows us to have a glimpse of what Zorian's like before the timeloop. Due to how Zorian starts looping, this is an important plot point which allows us to try to answer the same question that Zorian's asking himself, one that can be considered important or irrellivant when given the closest thing we get to a true answer, depending on the reader.

Besides, every bit of information that is in the first time loop is a bit of information that we skip over MANY, MANY times over in the first part of the story.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 21:39   Link #83
bludvein

New chapter is out, and here I thought we were going to get a delay again.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 23:18   Link #84
laclongquan

He cut it very close to the day's end~
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 03:25   Link #85
Darius Drake

I like the chapter. It shows numerous interesting things, and Zorian is trying something that was recently said to be difficult. I am curious about what happened at the end of the chapter, though.

We also saw the explanation for the look at the end of last chapter, but I doubt anyone wasn't expecting an explanation in this chapter.
Old 2015-03-02, 09:53   Link #86
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Well at least we starting to get a clue about what cause this time-loop business.
Old 2015-03-03, 15:21   Link #87
bludvein

I didn't really think the Sovereign Gate was that important on the first read-though, but now that I've had a chance to think about it may be an answer to the loop. First, we've got a supposed item that let the first king of Ikosia "go to a different world" and train for 11 lifetimes without aging. Next we've got a pretty much dead empire, with Zach being an ideal heir(in heritage, charm, and raw power at least). Finally, my theory is that the reason the royals won't show the Sovereign Gate in story is because they have no idea how it works and can't prove it....because it requires the planar alignment to function. It also offers a possible way around the whole "time travel is impossible" and "killing the soul" bit, if the "world" the Sovereign Gate links to is an illusion made by it. All Red Robe would need to do is eject them somehow. It also answers why they can't contact the spiritual planes.

That's my current theory at any rate.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 16:04   Link #88
Breimoon

You mean to say all the souls were extracted/copied in this sort of magical virtual reality? Does seem plausible. So the killed souls are either excluded from the loop (which would mean they are extracted from the original world) or outright killed(fake souls copies of the one from original world) and red robe does not use his soul killing spell too much is cause these are simulations for real invasion?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 16:20   Link #89
deathbringer

The first part of you theory on the sovereign gate being a major part of the time loop. Now we are given a possible timeline for how long the loops lasts(11 generations). However there is a problem with the second part of your theory is how does zorian join half way through if he is a illusion?

Last edited by deathbringer; 2015-03-03 at 23:21.
deathbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 17:26   Link #90
ices
Working Hard

Also, even though it's said that it is a gate, but we need not to take it at face value. It could be also just a kind of spell or formula or something else.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 21:32   Link #91
Boccob

I'd put my money on the loop being a separate dimension easily. The lack of being able to contact outsiders being the main clue. My guess is that real world time has stopped while this spell or the gate runs a simulation. Whether or not that is true time travel I have no idea. But I bet whom ever started the loop will end it as soon as the outcome matches what they want.

The mysteries in this novel really make the novel. They are really well done. I'm eagerly waiting for Scooby and the gang to unmask the monster.
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 06:29   Link #92
wayvern33

i love this series, is there any other notable original english lightnovel out there?
wayvern33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 08:58   Link #93
Breimoon

People like The Zombie knight but to tell the truth i hate it and dropped it at ch 1. Well, try it yourself and get your own opinion on it.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 15:10   Link #94
Lefay

New chapter bringing up the tension again, so much more to process. And so many loose ends.

Can the idea of the Bakura gates opening dimensional holes tie in with portals to the divine plane? Is the Sovereign Gate what caused the loop? Maybe someone planted Zach inside the Sovereign Gate and the world they're in right now is the closed loop created by the Sovereign Gate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
The only complaint I've read about it is "The beginning is too slow, and I lost interest before the Time Loop began". The beginning in question is the first three chapters, and the person who posted it suggested that the information that was in the initial three chapters could have been filled via flashbacks and the like, so the story could get to the interesting things more quickly.
Mostly when people complain about slowness, it's because they haven't been weened off shounen and juvenile/ADHD action preferences that need a manfight every chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbringer View Post
The first part of you theory on the sovereign gate being a major part of the time loop. Now we are given a possible timeline for how long the loops lasts(11 generations). However there is a problem with the second part of your theory is how does zorian join half way through if he is a illusion?
11 generations is a really long time though. I wonder if things will actually last that long. Zach has only been in the loop for what, a decade? two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayvern33 View Post
i love this series, is there any other notable original english lightnovel out there?
Try Daybreak on Hyperion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
People like The Zombie knight but to tell the truth i hate it and dropped it at ch 1. Well, try it yourself and get your own opinion on it.
The Zombie Knight is decent. There's a little too much teenage angst at the start, but the story is fine. Only other thing is the characters aren't exceptionally interesting - they don't have as much personality as in Mother of Learning. But I've only read the first volume so far, so that might have changed.
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 17:43   Link #95
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefay View Post
11 generations is a really long time though. I wonder if things will actually last that long. Zach has only been in the loop for what, a decade? two?
Didn't Red Robe say something like that Zach was kind of pathetic that even after a 100 or something years he hadn't worked on shielding or whatever spells. Pretty sure it was a comment he made during the confrontation with Zorian. Edit: Nevermind just looked up the exact line. He said "even after all these decades in the time loop." That is implying a pretty long time.

Also I think for Zorian it's been already a few years at the very least, I'd probably guess closer to a decade or more. It's kind of hard to tell because there was quite a few skips where he just mentioned training in loops doing things like working on teleportation or other types of spells.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:43   Link #96
Darius Drake

Actually, it was mentioned recent chapters that Zorian thinks he's been looping for about three years.
Old 2015-03-04, 21:06   Link #97
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Actually, it was mentioned recent chapters that Zorian thinks he's been looping for about three years.
Was it Zorian or Red Robe? I know Red Robe guessed a few years but that was based on his knowledge thinking Zorian was just a mage pulled into the loop by the spiders. When in actuality there was quite a number of loops before he even met the spiders and even more loops before he started actually working with them to mess with the invasions which is what Red Robe would be basing his knowledge on.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:45   Link #98
Darius Drake

Chapter 32. Near the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Learning Chapter 32
and even now, after 3 years of restarts, it would take a sizeable chunk of his reserves.
Old 2015-03-11, 19:48   Link #99
Dart-Sama

my guessings

i also think that the 'soul killing' thing is just expeling those souls out of the loop.

also, remember when zorian went to recover the memory packs in the male aranea and he felt them to be familiar? i think the first aranea that contacted him (when he went the first time to the 'watch recover quest') that explixitely said "u cant understand me too" was one of the males

finally, it wouldnt amaze me if red robe ended being damien (i dunno why i have this felling but is there)
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 15:34   Link #100
GodTurtleOm

I was on the fence on the first page of this thread about whether to read this series or not, but it does seem pretty interesting, and since it's not a translation the writing probably flows a lot better.

In the end, this sold me on this series:
Quote:
Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
~Boring

I NEARLY DIED OF BOREDOM!!!
So it's almost certainly a step up from Coiling Dragon, which is the literary equivalent of a Michael Bay film. (I'll admit to it being a bit of guilty pleasure though.)

But I think I'm going to have to finish reading Pact first. And not get distracted by ESO now that it's free-to-play. I'll just leave this comment here so I don't forget about this series.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, smart male lead, time loop