AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-07, 17:36   Link #181
Wandering Soul

This is definitely the team at their most desynchronized. The out-of-synch Gattai calls even show it. Everyone's caught up in their issues with Yume even specifically trying to create distance between her and Yomogi.

Looks like Anti is now joining the fray. Maybe we'll even find out how this is connected to the previous series.
Old 2021-05-07, 18:00   Link #182
grecefar

That cliffhanger killed me.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 18:47   Link #183
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Gridknight would show up before Gridman (probably keeping him for the final episode), but I didn't think it would be this soon! I wonder if Anti will still look the same or be all grown up.

I'm glad the Eugenicists finally had a discussion about whether to kill the heroes or not, and to me, it made it clear that Sizumu will be the final boss.

I find it a bit annoying and amusing at the same time that Wakanim usually insists on having characters call their older siblings by their first name in their translation, and here where Yume specifically uses her sister's first name to denote they weren't close at all, they always translate "Kano" as "my sister".
Old 2021-05-07, 19:23   Link #184
Frontier

It'll be interesting to see how Anti relates to the Eugenecists since they're so obsessed with Kaiju and he is one himself, but he's also a hero figure in Gridknight who opposes evil Kaiju.

I wonder if Gridknight and Dynazenon can combine like Gridman and Dyna Dragon did?
Old 2021-05-07, 21:35   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Really loved all of those obvious thick thigh shots of Mujina.
Ahh, also Anti appeared again, but it's not like I'm a fan or anything, so whatever on that cliffhanger.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 21:57   Link #186
Chosen_Hero

So many people just casually dying in some horrible ways in this episode... thankfully we have thick ass thighs to distract us away from the horrors of their fight.
Old 2021-05-07, 22:48   Link #187
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So many people just casually dying in some horrible ways in this episode... thankfully we have thick ass thighs to distract us away from the horrors of their fight.
I do wonder if there's something to the lack of reaction to all the collateral damage (which Yume showed us sticks) or if we're just meant to accept it as a genre convention.
Old 2021-05-07, 22:49   Link #188
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok things got pretty interesting here.

I like Anti jumping into things (quite literally). Makes sense to have him appear ahead of Gridman. And certainly the team needed someone to step in. They were at their lowest point and it showed. I do appreciate though that it wasn't some cliche clash between the team members (although Yume was distancing herself from Yomogi), but rather all their personal issues dragging them down.

With Dyna Rex having a tough time maybe they'll have to get a bit more creative to handle things from here out.

Honestly I'm not sure about Koyomi's flashback and that bag he was being shown. Can only squint at something that blurry for so long . But maybe that bag had Dynazenon in it? Back when it was in the shape of that dragon statue instead of being a mech. Probably a stretch.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-05-08 at 00:06.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 00:37   Link #189
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I do wonder if there's something to the lack of reaction to all the collateral damage (which Yume showed us sticks) or if we're just meant to accept it as a genre convention.
I was assuming the lack of reaction was meant to mirror the lack of interest our protags and villians were showing for this whole thing, so since they're starting to get into it perhaps that will change?

Or maybe it's a computer world thing again, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I'm not sure about Koyomi's flashback and that bag he was being shown. Can only squint at something that blurry for so long . But maybe that bag had Dynazenon in it? Back when it was in the shape of that dragon statue instead of being a mech. Probably a stretch.
I was thinking it was a dead body someone stashed there.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 01:30   Link #190
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Thirsty audience be like...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Whatever Koyomi saw, he was pretty disturbed by it. I find it unlikely that he would react that way to a mere dragon statue.
Old 2021-05-08, 01:59   Link #191
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Please stop with the cliff hanger, I can't handle two of it a week.

BTW, is it money in that bag?
Could that be the money that Koyomi "had'?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 02:12   Link #192
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Please stop with the cliff hanger, I can't handle two of it a week.

That was my guess.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 06:24   Link #193
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Ohhh that makes sense. I assumed he inherited money from his parents as in episode one Chise talked about going to a memorial. Still makes me wonder what the memorial is all about.
Old 2021-05-08, 07:40   Link #194
zztop

Voice drama 6.6 is already up.
https://streamable.com/0ohqqg

It's an extension of the meetup dialogue between Koyomi, Inamoto and her husband.

I feel it helps flesh out Koyomi’s discomfort and depression even more as he realizes how others have moved on while he's left behind, although I’m still uncertain if Inamoto is just flippantly ignorant of his situation or if she’s doing this intentionally.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-12, 07:28   Link #195
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 09:53   Link #196
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

So not only Anti (who goes by the name Knight now), but Anosillus (calls herself 2nd) is here too. They've grown up now and are hunting kaiju as a team. I really like that the eugenecists are getting some character growth.
But what's with Shizimu's comment about Kaiju users not needing sleep while Juuga is taking a nap?
Old 2021-05-14, 10:01   Link #197
Frontier

Oh hey, they updated the Opening with Gridknight and the Gridknight Alliance? There also seems to be something bursting with the Kaiju Eugenecists or am I only just noticing that now ?

Jeez, Anti sure grew up a lot since SSSS.Gridman. So did Second, if that's actually the same monster girl I'm remembering. When you start as little kids but grow into a Bishonen and proper lady respectively...plus Anti now looks like his buddy Calibur, which is kind of neat .

Is that sword purely for aesthetics or can Anti actually summon it during combat ?

So when Kaiju show up, the bond between the real world and cyber world frays? Are all of these Kaiju coming from the virtual world into the real world and Dynazenon was a natural opposition created to stop them ?

The show has kind of glossed over the civilian casualties up until Koyomi spots the husband of Yomogi's boss, who Koyomi goes and saves despite his resentment towards the man and ends up actually helping their marriage. Koyomi did a really good thing .

Sizumu seems like the most committed and on-point of the Eugenecists, but Mujina seems to be really getting into it as well. Does that kill all the potential for anything between her and Koyomi? Maybe her and Onija will bond over their loyalty to wiping out humanity ?

Yume is cold to Yomogi up until she finally reveals how she and Kano used to be close before they grew distant, up until her sister finally smiled at her again and asked her to come to Kano's recital...before Kano killed herself. And now Yume just doesn't understand what it was all about or what her sister's last act meant. It's so sad Yomogi even cries. But that's enough to bring the two back together and to become more determined to find out what happened to Kano .

Gridknight still playing the tsundere hero with his tag-partner like he did with Gridman .

Dynazenon finally finished a fight in Mecha form! And in a team-up with Gridknight, no less .
Old 2021-05-14, 10:20   Link #198
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

The toy look cool and all but its not zero-g Yume...

Not sure how I feel about this episode. Still wondering what's up with Chise's potato.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 11:02   Link #199
grecefar

Well seems that the fixed their problems for now, kano opened up to yomogi and that make him feel better now, koyomi now just moved on from the wife, good thing he stopped the call before she said something to make him doubt.

Great chapter, nice to see anti again and now grown up, nidaime too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 11:11   Link #200
Blaat

I'm glad they're keeping Something Beam as the official attack name.

I'm really surprised how much older Gridknight and Second are compared to their SSSS Gridman designs, although based on their first conversation "kaiju appearing in a world weakens the barrier" does imply this a different world than in SSSS Gridman? So the Gridknight Alliance must have been multiverse hopping protecting different worlds from kaiju attacks.

Quote:
There also seems to be something bursting with the Kaiju Eugenecists or am I only just noticing that now ?
That part of the opening hasn't been changed so it's something you've only just noticed now.

Quote:
Does that kill all the potential for anything between her and Koyomi? .
I think all Koyomi related ships (boss lady and Mujina) are dead except the one with Chise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Not sure how I feel about this episode. Still wondering what's up with Chise's potato.
Those marbles-like things were released in the beginning of the first episode not sure by whom. I think it's growing into kaiju or being able to control a kaiju hence the sinister eyes in the background of Chise's shot in the OP.

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu