AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-19, 20:42   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And one more backstory where the parents are just so horrible why is that 1 out of 10 parents are nice to there kids know wonder Machi acts like that

Good to see Yuki being nice to Motoko
Old 2021-04-19, 23:19   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Oh! I mistook Motoko for Machi. Gosh they look similar.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 13:04   Link #43
Frontier

You know it's serious when they skip the Opening .

Amidst all this drama, it's kind of nice that we have the wholesomeness that is Hinata and how that makes Hiro want to drop all his pretensions and be a good big brother and person for his sister .

Haru so happy that Rin found a friend in Tohru. Absolutely adorable .

Jeez, Hiro's been carrying so much unnecessary guilt. For not being able to do more for Rin or being able to talk about what happened to her, or for what Akito did to Kisa because of their relationship. Even Kisa feels bad for not noticing how much he was going through. These kids don't deserve to be going through this .

Black Haru has finally had enough of Akito's BS and directly confronts her, and was like one punch away from smashing her face in, which is probably the most defiant anyone with the Curse has been against Akito. Akito shouldn't have touched Rin again. And then Haru just basically walks out on her and doesn't look back for more than a second, with Kureno's prodding, which seems to have actually frayed the bonds of the curse .

Poor Haru feeling like it's his fault Rin went through this because he loved her too much to be wary of how their relationship might endanger her. Not thinking how much having Haru in her life made Rin happy and made life worth living for her, to the point where he was the one thing on her mind in the darkest point of her life .

Well, Kureno did right by finding Rin and getting her out of there with Hattori, even if his admonishment of Akito is more soft than she deserves at this point .

Poor Rin went out of her way to try and punch Kureno for making Tohru cry, then gets manipulated by Ren into trying to steal Akito's father's box, and then gets basically trapped in the Cat's house by Akito and have her hair forcibly cut to satisfy Akito's petty hatred of her, and basically starved and stuck in exile for fear that Akito might hurt Haru...like, jeez, has this poor girl not been through enough at this point ?

Akito's terrible, her mom is a real piece of work too, but the staff who go along with their whims without a care for the rest of the Zodiac are equally culpable .

Haru carrying Rin in her hospital gown with kids watching in amazement was hilarious, but emotionally so satisfying because after separating from Haru for his own good and to protect him, Rin has finally found her way back to him and can be with the man she loves. These two being able to be together again is the one silver lining in such a terrible situation, and they've earned it .
Old 2021-04-26, 18:42   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, we have our first hint on how to break the curse. Intense hatred for Akito seems to be the key. The thing is, Kureno actually liked her so that doesn't apply to him.

Rin's journey is finally over. I'm not sure that was worth it since it only lead to suffering and she never even came close to accomplishing her initial goal, but what matters is that she's back with the man who is everything to her.
Old 2021-04-26, 19:41   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, we have our first hint on how to break the curse. Intense hatred for Akito seems to be the key. The thing is, Kureno actually liked her so that doesn't apply to him.
I think also potentially having something you value more than you value Akito, so Haru's love for Rin and how angry he was at Akito over what he did for her (although this was before Kureno had a reason to want to leave Akito, so maybe that's not it either).
Old 2021-04-26, 20:36   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hatsuharu is really strong punching that pillar and all most broke it in two just should of hit Akito instead of missing
Old 2021-04-27, 00:13   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Good thing there was a scene with Hiro's mom to remind us there are good parents in this series. Well, only a handful (barely).

Machi's parents are complete psychos. What kind of twisted minds would misunderstand what she did as a murder attempt?
Momiji's dad is the hardest call for me. He's wrong to do what he does, but he does seem to genuinely love his son on some level.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 15:53   Link #48
Wandering Soul

While their curse may not have broken yet, it's pretty clear that both Haru and Rin are done with Akito at this point. I'm certainly not shedding any tears for her.
Old 2021-04-27, 20:17   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
While their curse may not have broken yet, it's pretty clear that both Haru and Rin are done with Akito at this point.
Given Hiro's feelings about Rin, I'd guess he is pretty angry with Akito himself. Then there's Kisa who was no doubt shocked to hear all these revelations and probably lost whatever respect she might have had for Akito.

I know I'm being manipulated, but Haru and Rin are just so lovable together that I naturally root for their pairing.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 07:32   Link #50
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yuki breaking off that piece of chalk in episode 3 was of the more uniquely thoughtful things I've watched in a while. It's also good that stalker girl got some good heartfelt closure on her graduation, and at the same time reminding Yuki that there are still and always good things in his life if he's willing not to be blind to them.

I probably would have wished that the OP was present for episode 4 since this season's OP is probably my favorite for the series, and maybe in recent years.

As for curse breaking, I always found it rather poetically ironic while the characters are struggling to find ways to break their curses, Akito herself is doing a pretty good job doing it for them. While Haru's string has been shown to already be starting to fray, eventually Rin's will too, and both will eventually find freedom.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 13:12   Link #51
Frontier

Time to check in on the various Sohma romances going on...Mine won't leave Ayame in-spite of the curse because he's what she wants, Mayuko wants to go on a trip with Hattori but he doesn't think he can ever leave, and Yuki is considering telling Machi the truth because he's serious about her, and she seems smitten with him. Oh, and Kimi sure knows how to kill the mood .

You start the Shota only to live long enough to become a Bishounen, as Momiji hits puberty and has a very noticeable growth spurt. Heck, even Megumi Han is able to genuinely make him sound much older and deeper. I mean, he's still the same Momiji, it's just kind of surreal .

Look at Hiro trying not to be confrontational, but he still can't help how smug he is. Kisa trying to say "good afternoon" was adorable though .

Shigure's kindness is manufactured. He can't be naturally kind or nice to anyone, and he doesn't really care to be, but all that seems to drive him is the dream of Akito that he had when she was about to be born that drives him to love her and want her to leave her shell born from the curse. What if he had dreamed of someone like Tohru instead of someone as emotionally messed up as Akito? Would he have become a different kind of man? Who can say .

Haru's bond to the curse frayed, but it really ended up breaking for Momiji, who now has no connection to Akito or intimately with the other Sohma's and can only look at her with pity. But even with his curse broken, that's not going to bring his family back or let him be with Tohru, because the only one she has eyes for is Kyo who can't even consider that she might love him. It's still so, so sad .

But even in-spite of that, Momiji won't let the curse or Akito define his happiness or what the future has in store for him. Maybe he can never have his family back, but he can make a new one for himself and live his life free of the curse. And he can see his mother and have her send him off like she really was his mother, if only this time .
Old 2021-05-03, 13:53   Link #52
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I really didn't expect it would be Momiji to be the next one to break the curse. Didn't really see much in the last couple of episodes that would have led to this event. I can be oblivious at times, but this event seemed to take place out of whole cloth.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 18:34   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nothing in particular happened to Momiji and his curse broke just like that. If there's a pattern, I'm not seeing it. Him getting a growth spurt apparently overnight given how everyone was looking at him was ridiculous, and it doesn't seem like there was much point to it since he knows he can't compete with Kyo anyway. Obviously he had to grow at some point but it should have been more gradual.

I like Momiji's positive outlook on life, but I really hope he'll be able to be with his family somehow. I know his father is afraid that Momoji spending time them will trigger his mother's trauma, but he's a normal boy now, so maybe his mother could overcome that trauma and accept him.
Old 2021-05-03, 19:26   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Nothing in particular happened to Momiji and his curse broke just like that. If there's a pattern, I'm not seeing it. Him getting a growth spurt apparently overnight given how everyone was looking at him was ridiculous, and it doesn't seem like there was much point to it since he knows he can't compete with Kyo anyway. Obviously he had to grow at some point but it should have been more gradual.
Maybe it depends on one's feelings for Akito? I saw speculation that Momiji feeling apathy towards Akito lent to the curse breaking, while Haru was too mad at her for what happened to Rin so he was still susceptible to the curse.

It's those darn Sohma genes. Kisa probably lucked out with Hiro .
Quote:
I like Momiji's positive outlook on life, but I really hope he'll be able to be with his family somehow. I know his father is afraid that Momoji spending time them will trigger his mother's trauma, but he's a normal boy now, so maybe his mother could overcome that trauma and accept him.
It's kind of ironic that his mother still seems concerned about him in a motherly way without knowing that she's his mother and that she basically abandoned all memory of him because she couldn't take knowing he transformed into a cute little bunny .
Old 2021-05-03, 20:36   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Momiji really shot up there he grew a few feet in just a year but still such a kid at heart

Tooru havent heard of ice cream cake
Old 2021-05-03, 21:36   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A few feet may be a small exaggeration...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 00:47   Link #57
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A few feet may be a small exaggeration...
He also grew a pair.

I'm also not seeing a pattern yet. If feeling apathy was the trick I don't see how that applies to Kureno, since he doesn't appear to feel apathetic toward Akito, and his curse broke back when they were both kids.
Old 2021-05-04, 05:25   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Momiji's a strong kid.

But I do wonder why he can't integrate his own family. Even assuming Hattori can't brainwash his mom and sister into believing he's always been there, they could just lie. Say his parents are dead, and adopt him. Say he's his dad's son by a mistress. (Yes, it would be a pretty big blow to his marriage, but maybe it could survive?) Or even tell the truth, at that point.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 05:48   Link #59
Wandering Soul

Momiji's is one strong kid. His view on life is admirable and while it's nice to see him move on after being reminded by Akito of the state of his family, I do hope he's able to find happiness with them.
Old 2021-05-04, 08:25   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Momiji's a strong kid.

But I do wonder why he can't integrate his own family. Even assuming Hattori can't brainwash his mom and sister into believing he's always been there, they could just lie. Say his parents are dead, and adopt him. Say he's his dad's son by a mistress. (Yes, it would be a pretty big blow to his marriage, but maybe it could survive?) Or even tell the truth, at that point.
Momiji probably feels so guilty about what happened to his mom he doesn't want to risk ruining her current happiness. And since he's decided not to tell anyone his curse is broken (screw Akito, he should tell everyone), there's no one to push him forward at the moment.

Tags
fruits basket