AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-02-27, 17:55   Link #21
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
someone once said i looked like Doogie Howser but it wasn't a bad thing.....however, it pissed me off something fierce.
Old 2006-02-27, 18:32   Link #22
naruto123

A random person on the street said I looked like Yogi bear.... it wasn't that bad but at the time I felt like punching them.
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 10:58   Link #23
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Hmm...this thread reminds me of Suzuka where Yamato tries to compliment Suzuka and says the shape of her ears are nice.

I would have to say the weirdest compliment I can remember was when someone told me I had a nice walk. I guess I do tend to have a little "pep in my step." Just seemed weird for someone to compliement it.

I can't remember any more of my "Thanks....I think...." moments.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:15   Link #24
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuki_AG
aaaah and then, this thing that always comes back is "I want your boobs!!!!"
gawd, while I keep on complaining about the size, how I'd like to have those cute little things...noooo....I can't change in peace unless I hide myself...
My friend got the boob comment from some chick some long time ago. It went somewhere along the line of wishing she could have boobs just as big. Then she begun to feel them. ... They groped over the hour. ... Then they left together... probably to his place, I think.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:29   Link #25
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
My friend got the boob comment from some chick some long time ago. It went somewhere along the line of wishing she could have boobs just as big. Then she begun to feel them. ... They groped over the hour. ... Then they left together... probably to his place, I think.
I am curious who this guy is.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 19:28   Link #26
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

A fabrication, no doubt. Girls only do that to each other in eroge and bad anime.

Not exactly a compliment, but a girl I knew had a small mole on her nose that looked like a stud. She almost got fired from her job because no employees were allowed to have facial piercings.
Old 2006-02-28, 19:44   Link #27
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
I am a guy.

A girl once commented to me, "I wish I was as thin as you..."
I responded, "Girls need something more than just skin hanging on a rib cage."

EDIT: Fixed a bit of misleading language

Last edited by Kurz; 2006-02-28 at 20:49.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:30   Link #28
real folk blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
I girl once commented to me, "I wish I was as thin as you..."
I responded, "Girls need something more than just skin hanging on a rib cage."
*high five*
word..

which reminds me, almost every girl my brother knows always tell him "i wish i had eyelashes like yours"
interesting..
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:52   Link #29
Kurz

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Lol...
I edited my post to make sure the wrong message wasnt sent. I fear i was too late.
Old 2006-03-03, 16:17   Link #30
SeekAndDestroy

I date often (well not anymore since i'm in a relationship thing), but i've never really gotten any memorable compliment from a girl... however, I work in a place where a lot of people come and go, and i've had tons of gay guys tell me that they like my ass and my smile... that's sad ain't it.
SeekAndDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 22:39   Link #31
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
which reminds me, almost every girl my brother knows always tell him "i wish i had eyelashes like yours"
interesting..
Heh. That's because men usually have longer eyelashes and fuller lips than women.
Old 2006-03-04, 10:52   Link #32
Kurz

I guess it comes with being hairier. Just tell them if you want longer Eyelashes You'll have to deal with the hair on my back.
Old 2006-03-05, 01:35   Link #33
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

"You resemble Don Quijote,..."

Odd, since I'm not righting wrongs or protecting the oppressed.
....but maybe the truths lie in what was said after that

"You're always 'fighting windmills'"

I guess I am,....
Old 2006-03-05, 04:00   Link #34
AllAboutUS
If The World Only Was

Send a message via MSN to AllAboutUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
sexyal hurasment there!

and mine is odd!

ok ok here i was on the street when i saw a guy who said "sweet breasts"! then he started raveing on about how sexy they where. finally i said "shut it you ass!' and i kicked him right there and i left him there do you think he desurved that? i sertaintly think he did! stupid and later he was in my class and started raving on about how much i was a hotty! so i smacked him up the side of his head after smacking him at least 10 times he stoped but he asked my out and i said ok but i tourcherd him all night it was fun. Evil glare! mahaaahaaa!
AllAboutUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 02:05   Link #35
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutUS
sexyal hurasment there!

and mine is odd!

ok ok here i was on the street when i saw a guy who said "sweet breasts"! then he started raveing on about how sexy they where. finally i said "shut it you ass!' and i kicked him right there and i left him there do you think he desurved that? i sertaintly think he did! stupid and later he was in my class and started raving on about how much i was a hotty! so i smacked him up the side of his head after smacking him at least 10 times he stoped but he asked my out and i said ok but i tourcherd him all night it was fun. Evil glare! mahaaahaaa!
So you mean to say that after all that you went out with him? If so are you still together? Interesting...
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 03:17   Link #36
AllAboutUS
If The World Only Was

Send a message via MSN to AllAboutUS
No no! i mean i tourcherd him thourgh the night and i never even liked him! i just wanted to tourcher him untill he screamed!
AllAboutUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 04:17   Link #37
Shiemi
Counting days

I've always had problems with the age part. I've been asked if I got pregnant in High School, they didn't want to pierce my ears in a Jewelery Store because I had to bring a guardian, they started to check if my year of birth was wrong in an agency that helps non working mums because I looked too young to have been born in that year, and I still remember when I announced I was getting married and many work colleagues asked with horrified faces why I was getting married at 16. I won't say the real age I had then, but to tip you off I had already finished my major in U (bachelor's degree) and I did not graduate High School early. When people ask me my age they never believe me, but like someone mentioned previously, it's genetic. My dad looks 30 and he is more than 20 years over that age... On several occasions I have gone out with dad people have said we are a beautiful couple, or family (when we have been with one of my little ones). *gags* I also receive compliments on my long eyelashes, my mum-in-law loves my ears and says it's a shame my tots inherited their father's ears. Some people have complimented my neck and my legs (and I hate my legs!!!). An art teacher in U liked to stare at my "beautiful" hands... Well, I'll stop there for I might go forever.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 10:12   Link #38
Chichi

I suppose the only compliment I can readily remember was the time an old girlfriend I had said to all of her friends 'My boyfriend is more beautiful than me'. I was very shocked and slightly embarrassed considering I was only 13 at the time, and as far as I was concerned she was amazingly beautiful.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:16   Link #39
SeekAndDestroy

Well don't feel so bad, I'm sure all of us here have, at lest at some point, thought that the boys of some anime are cuter than the girls (tho i know this is real life but maybe that means you'd be super popular in japan ). Does that make us weird....
SeekAndDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 13:30   Link #40
Chichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekAndDestroy
Well don't feel so bad, I'm sure all of us here have, at lest at some point, thought that the boys of some anime are cuter than the girls (tho i know this is real life but maybe that means you'd be super popular in japan ). Does that make us weird....
I think it was primarily down to how she said it with sincere seriousness that made the rest of group stop for a second... I still remember it clearly because she was referring off another conservation where she was receiving compliments about how pretty she was from our group of friends only for her to comment on how I was better looking than her?! I guess girlfriends like to complement their boyfriends, so it's not exactly unexpected but just surprising on my behalf.

As for the other topic, if someone is classically good looking, male or female, they are simply just that, good looking. Society heavily emphasizes on the female counterpart more so.

And regarding popularity, no comment.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote