AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-12-30, 13:20   Link #721
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
One thing I'm not looking forward to is the underwater portion of the Pirates level. I still have PTSD from the atlantica level in KH1 with the random shark appearance.
Completely understandable! I only watched an LP, but if I had played that blind, the instant that shark appeared, I would have turned the game off then and there.

Maybe that was one of the reasons for the... changes to that world in KH2.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2019-01-01 at 15:59.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 15:19   Link #722
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The series is not getting closure. The director said the III will be the finale of Xehanort's story arc as he has been almost always the villain in one form of or another: The Heartless who calls himself Ansem, the Nobody Xemnas, the old Master Xehanort and that young Xehanort. Now, who will be the final boss within all these Xehanorts?
X-hanort, pronounced however the hell he kept pronouncing the X-Blade/Keyblade in BBS.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 03:00   Link #723
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
God I hope I can skip that world...
I doubt it, most likely players will have to beat the Frozen world to progress thru the main story.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 22:26   Link #724
Galaxian

Finally got enough points in the KHUX minigames to get the code for the Starlight Keyblade in KH3.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-04, 18:27   Link #725
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I doubt it, most likely players will have to beat the Frozen world to progress thru the main story.
Yea that was kind of a weird comment, like NONE of the KH worlds have ever been skippable. Either way at least it's not "Little Mermaid" again.
Old 2019-01-04, 20:10   Link #726
MCAL

Actually in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, you can skip worlds and still beat the game. In 1 you could skip Atlantica and in two you could skip Atlantica and the Lion King world. And of course you didn't have to do 100 Acre Woods at all.

I doubt you'll be able to in 3 though since there are only going to be seven disney worlds and it's clear they're going to be much more main plot intensive then in previous game.

Or maybe he meant cutscenes. That's also possible.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 19:54   Link #727
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Tetsuya Nomura Sheds More Light on Kingdom Hearts III Engine Change and Subsequent Delays
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ange/#/slide/1

Quote:
In a new interview with EDGE magazine (via Wccftech), Nomura revealed that the switch to Unreal Engine 4 was decided by higher-ups at Square Enix, and it set development back by at least one whole year.

We had our own company reasons, essentially. It wasn’t something that we had anything to do with, it was decided higher up.

It was a whole year that we had to kind of rewind and restart. As a dev tool, Unreal Engine 4 is kind of an all-in-one – it’s got all of the stuff that is needed in it, it’s used around the world, and we also got really great support from Epic Games. They were very helpful through the entire process.

It would have been a different story if the team making Luminous had been members of the Kingdom Hearts team. But they were a different team, so that did make things a bit more difficult
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 09:20   Link #728
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Actually in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, you can skip worlds and still beat the game. In 1 you could skip Atlantica and in two you could skip Atlantica and the Lion King world. And of course you didn't have to do 100 Acre Woods at all.

I doubt you'll be able to in 3 though since there are only going to be seven disney worlds and it's clear they're going to be much more main plot intensive then in previous game.

Or maybe he meant cutscenes. That's also possible.
Funny I don't recall any of the worlds besides Winnie the Pooh being completely skippable, as IIRC most of them contained some element of the plot (i.e. KH2 Disney worlds contained Org. XIII plots except Atlantica).
Old 2019-01-06, 11:47   Link #729
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
Funny I don't recall any of the worlds besides Winnie the Pooh being completely skippable, as IIRC most of them contained some element of the plot (i.e. KH2 Disney worlds contained Org. XIII plots except Atlantica).
Not all of them had Org. XIII plots. Pride Lands didn't, which is relevant, but I don't think Agrabah or Halloween Town did either.

But yeah, Pride Lands and Atlantica can be skipped in KH2. And in KH1, besides Atlantica (though in reality you can skip any of Atlantica, Halloween Town and Monstro, so long as you complete the other two), you never actually have to go to Olympus Coliseum. You can completely ignore it, do Wonderland, then go straight on to Deep Jungle and then back to Traverse Town. Though in KH1, any incomplete worlds become mandatory sections of the World Terminus in End of the World later.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 19:44   Link #730
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Not all of them had Org. XIII plots. Pride Lands didn't, which is relevant, but I don't think Agrabah or Halloween Town did either.

But yeah, Pride Lands and Atlantica can be skipped in KH2. And in KH1, besides Atlantica (though in reality you can skip any of Atlantica, Halloween Town and Monstro, so long as you complete the other two), you never actually have to go to Olympus Coliseum. You can completely ignore it, do Wonderland, then go straight on to Deep Jungle and then back to Traverse Town. Though in KH1, any incomplete worlds become mandatory sections of the World Terminus in End of the World later.
Oh well it's been 10+ years since I played it, I just remember beating a world and unlocking a new one.
Old 2019-01-10, 21:15   Link #731
Galaxian

This is pretty good, but also serves as a reminder that we could have had Spider-man in the game...

Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 08:57   Link #732
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So the KH3 version of Dearly Beloved can be found on youtube, probably because the OST was allegedly leaked.

I have to say when you hear this version you start to realize that each version of Dearly Beloved sounds like a slow evolution of the song, starting from a simple piano melody from the first game, but progressing to a full bodied track with increasing complexity with every subsequent game. It makes you feel that the KH3 version is it's final version, the complete mode of what it was always going to be.

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 19:31   Link #733
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They better bring back "Destati" too. I loved the version they used for Birth by Sleep.
Old 2019-01-15, 13:22   Link #734
The Green One

Two weeks to go.... almost there.
Old 2019-01-15, 15:42   Link #735
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

13 years of waiting, I'm pumped
Old 2019-01-16, 00:34   Link #736
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

KH3 and RE2make in 5 days of each other. Gah.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 17:17   Link #737
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There is a new Japanese trailer but it's mostly spoilers so I won't post it.
Old 2019-01-18, 12:50   Link #738
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Just saw it and boy howdy they are REALLY not caring about spoilers huh? They must really have faith that the ending/epilogue dlc will more than make up for it.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:53   Link #739
Shadow5YA

Fighting Xehanort counts as spoilers?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 20:28   Link #740
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Fighting Xehanort counts as spoilers?
It's not the Xehanort but more specifically the scenes when
Spoiler for no idea if this happens: