AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-25, 08:31   Link #41
durrendal

Can anyone tell me how do I attract more readers?
durrendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 09:41   Link #42
cadu_

Not sure, maybe someone else from another world?

Or reveal some kind of truth like:

In first chapter when Zain said:
Quote:
You really are...impertinent. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to choose you anyway.
I`m curious about why being impertinent is important?
Why would Astria tell about Vaegar being a weapon capable of killing gods.I mean, a God telling a mortal, that wants to kill her and other god, about a weapon capable of killing gods sounds weird to me.
Old 2016-02-25, 13:07   Link #43
durrendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Not sure, maybe someone else from another world?

Or reveal some kind of truth like:

In first chapter when Zain said:

I`m curious about why being impertinent is important?
Why would Astria tell about Vaegar being a weapon capable of killing gods.I mean, a God telling a mortal, that wants to kill her and other god, about a weapon capable of killing gods sounds weird to me.
I indicated that in 1st chapter itself. Remember where Astria said Rigel reminds her of someone who she wants to kill and seeing Zain said Rigel is sort of like him...

Astria=Renegade daughter of Zain.
Old 2016-02-25, 16:41   Link #44
cadu_

I do remember Astria saying Rigel reminds her of someone she wants to kill but I dont remember Zain saying Rigel is sort of like him. Could you quote where Zain said that Rigel is sort of like him? I couldnt find it in the prologue.

The blurb under the chapter title in chapter 1 was about how the hero Rolsberg killed the Great God Kohril.
Astria saying that Rigel reminds her of a person she wanted to kill was also at chapter 1, so I thought Rigel reminded her of the hero Rolsberg and Kohril was someone special for her.
Old 2016-02-25, 19:27   Link #45
Xacual

If you're talking about more readers on RRL at least, well you have to update often and very consistently. As long as you do that you're guaranteed to rise in the top list and eventually break into the top 5 weekly which will get you a ton more readers.

Do you post updates to r/noveltranslations? I haven't looked.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 22:15   Link #46
durrendal

Quote:
I do remember Astria saying Rigel reminds her of someone she wants to kill but I dont remember Zain saying Rigel is sort of like him. Could you quote where Zain said that Rigel is sort of like him? I couldnt find it in the prologue.

The blurb under the chapter title in chapter 1 was about how the hero Rolsberg killed the Great God Kohril.
Astria saying that Rigel reminds her of a person she wanted to kill was also at chapter 1, so I thought Rigel reminded her of the hero Rolsberg and Kohril was someone special for her.
Oh sorry sorry. It was there until recently when the person editing it adviced me to remove the original "Your really are just like me...otherwise I wouldn't be able to choose you anyways" line with "you really are impertinent"
Old 2016-02-25, 22:17   Link #47
durrendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If you're talking about more readers on RRL at least, well you have to update often and very consistently. As long as you do that you're guaranteed to rise in the top list and eventually break into the top 5 weekly which will get you a ton more readers.

Do you post updates to r/noveltranslations? I haven't looked.
I do it once a week since my chaps get 7-8k words now. Yes, I post to r/noveltranslations too.
Old 2016-03-02, 11:55   Link #48
durrendal

So. I heard that you guys like Stat windows?

Fine! You got one chapter of all you can eat blue stat windows. Choke in them.

Actually, it's the guide for all the oddball terms used in How To Survive a Summoning 101

Link- http://royalroadl.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=56621
Old 2016-03-02, 14:58   Link #49
cadu_

Everytime you release a chapter, its better to link that in the top so that readers dont need to look for it in the fiction's main page.
Old 2016-03-02, 23:21   Link #50
durrendal

Quote:
Everytime you release a chapter, its better to link that in the top so that readers dont need to look for it in the fiction's main page.
I do that already. xd
Old 2016-03-03, 02:30   Link #51
Malicre01

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrendal View Post
I do that already. xd

Write YOUR story, quit thinking about the readers. no seriously, the biggest thing that urks me on royal road is the authors who keep trying to please the readers just to get more views and followers, those types of authors usually get depressed because they don't see anyone reading the story so they look for comments on how to change it and when that still doesn't work out they drop it, months later when it blows up people wonder "why was this dropped"? Well it was dropped because the author changed his story for more views and he didn't like how it was turning out. This happens a lot on royal road, its why there are tons of dropped novels.

Just stop thinking about your viewer count and write YOUR story the way YOU want to and trust me the views will come. Andur is prob my favorite single author on royalroad and he has 2 completed novels already with 2 more ongoing and he doesn't give a crap what anyone says about his work.

PS, i have not checked your story out but that's just because i usually won't bother reading anything with less then 50 chapters. Most people don't bother reading startups since we assume it will just be dropped anyways.

Last edited by Malicre01; 2016-03-03 at 02:50.
Malicre01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 04:28   Link #52
durrendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre01 View Post
Write YOUR story, quit thinking about the readers. no seriously, the biggest thing that urks me on royal road is the authors who keep trying to please the readers just to get more views and followers, those types of authors usually get depressed because they don't see anyone reading the story so they look for comments on how to change it and when that still doesn't work out they drop it, months later when it blows up people wonder "why was this dropped"? Well it was dropped because the author changed his story for more views and he didn't like how it was turning out. This happens a lot on royal road, its why there are tons of dropped novels.

Just stop thinking about your viewer count and write YOUR story the way YOU want to and trust me the views will come. Andur is prob my favorite single author on royalroad and he has 2 completed novels already with 2 more ongoing and he doesn't give a crap what anyone says about his work.

PS, i have not checked your story out but that's just because i usually won't bother reading anything with less then 50 chapters. Most people don't bother reading startups since we assume it will just be dropped anyways.
That's not what he or I meant. He was just telling me to update the TOC which I had already done.

As for Andur. I respect his work. Rather, respected. His first work was too good. But then he started his next works. The characters feel like rehash of his past ones. Even his story-telling is slipping now. Right now, I feel like I am reading slice-of-life with sloppy emotional fanservice. That aside, his characters are too similar to each other now. I think, either he has settled in a comfortable zone from which he isn't trying or can't come out, or he has just given up innovation in lieu of comfort.

Eitherway, I found his first work pragmatic. Now I think he has done something writers must never do. That is, stop challenging oneself. Stopping innovation, making new roads. He is still a great author, but I am not sure if he is still the writer he once was. I am not hating on him, I maintain that I respect him and his work a lot. So, while I might not even be 1% of the author Andur is, I still think he is slipping up. That makes me sad. I hope you won't be too angry at this. I am so frustrated that Andur lost his charm that...it just burst out. Sorry.

P.S.- My chaps are quite long like, 5-6 K words so it rally is uite a bit longer than it looks.xd

Again, I am one of the many fans of Andur. I just feel a bit betrayed these days. Not hating him, just feeling sad.
Old 2016-03-03, 05:29   Link #53
Malicre01

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrendal View Post
That's not what he or I meant. He was just telling me to update the TOC which I had already done.

As for Andur. I respect his work. Rather, respected. His first work was too good. But then he started his next works. The characters feel like rehash of his past ones. Even his story-telling is slipping now. Right now, I feel like I am reading slice-of-life with sloppy emotional fanservice. That aside, his characters are too similar to each other now. I think, either he has settled in a comfortable zone from which he isn't trying or can't come out, or he has just given up innovation in lieu of comfort.

Eitherway, I found his first work pragmatic. Now I think he has done something writers must never do. That is, stop challenging oneself. Stopping innovation, making new roads. He is still a great author, but I am not sure if he is still the writer he once was. I am not hating on him, I maintain that I respect him and his work a lot. So, while I might not even be 1% of the author Andur is, I still think he is slipping up. That makes me sad. I hope you won't be too angry at this. I am so frustrated that Andur lost his charm that...it just burst out. Sorry.

P.S.- My chaps are quite long like, 5-6 K words so it rally is uite a bit longer than it looks.xd

Again, I am one of the many fans of Andur. I just feel a bit betrayed these days. Not hating him, just feeling sad.
my whole thing was you shouldn't be asking how to get more viewers, just write your story and they will come.

and as to your point of andur's characters always being the same. there is a reason for that as he has stated before, they are the same couple just in different timelines, basically every time they reincarnate they meet and fall in love.

Angrod x Celes (UD)
Ascathon x Celestial (TD)
Azir x Stella (BY)
Gideon x Cyla (CC)

Last edited by Malicre01; 2016-03-03 at 05:42.
Malicre01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 07:06   Link #54
durrendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre01 View Post
my whole thing was you shouldn't be asking how to get more viewers, just write your story and they will come.

and as to your point of andur's characters always being the same. there is a reason for that as he has stated before, they are the same couple just in different timelines, basically every time they reincarnate they meet and fall in love.

Angrod x Celes (UD)
Ascathon x Celestial (TD)
Azir x Stella (BY)
Gideon x Cyla (CC)
Yeah, I was asking for self-promotion tools, not how to write my story.xd

Ah yes, but that doesn't really make it any less taxing to read. That plotline is good, but doesn't hold up when you realize that the personality is a result of the experiences and emotions experienced in a lifetime.For each lifetime, they would be different. And if they regain memories, they should be affected by their past. But the current personality and the past ones should have a conflict. At least that is what miindof a psych student tells me.
Old 2016-03-07, 13:45   Link #55
durrendal

NAVY! WANNABE PIRATES! NAKED CHICKS!

All sorts of things go to hell in the 14th chapter of How to Survive a Summoning!

Chapter 14 : Surviving Exploding Fish Barrels
Old 2016-03-17, 08:06   Link #56
durrendal

The most damning chapter of HTSAS101 yet is out!
Warning: If you are uncomfortable with dark, very dark storyline and mature concepts, this chapter is probably not for you.

This ain't a loli-catgirl-rape-fantasy, this is true blue psychological dark fantasy.

Chapter 15: Surviving Inner Demons
Old 2016-03-18, 00:54   Link #57
durrendal

Hello there! HTSAS101 is now featured in Web Fiction Guide, a community-run listing of online fiction. If you like it this story, please support it by voting for it in Top Web Fictions so that it can gain more readers.

Note: You do not have to register anywhere, even anons can vote, so please do not hesitate to put in a vote if you like How To Survive a Summoning.

LINK TO VOTE.
Old 2016-04-25, 00:15   Link #58
durrendal

Chapter 16 of HTSAS is out with exciting magic battle at sea!!!
Tell me how it was!
----------------------------------------------------------
Note: You do not need to register anywhere, even anons can vote and the entire process takes like 4 seconds. So, if you like the series, please consider voting for it. It would help a lot.

Link to Vote

Thank you for your support and love! I-it's not like I am waiting for you to vote for me or anything, B-baka!
Old 2016-05-26, 02:27   Link #59
durrendal

Ships. Magic. Vengeful companions. The deadly just got deadlier in chapter 17 of How to Survive a Summoning 101! Chapter 17 of HTSAS
Tell me how it was!

Link to read on Wordpress
Note: You do not need to register anywhere, even anons can vote and the entire process takes like 4 seconds. So, if you like the series, please consider voting for it. It would help a lot.

Thank you for your support and love!
Old 2016-06-16, 23:45   Link #60
durrendal

Unexpected developments in chapter 18 of How to Survive a Summoning 101! Chapter
18: Surviving Mating Rituals .

Tell me how it was!

Link to read on Wordpress
Link to Vote

Thank you for your support and love!

Tags
comedy, dark fantasy, fantasy, high fantasy, romance, tragedy, violence