AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-13, 04:56   Link #61
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Hello I was wondering if there was perhaps a possibility to create an thread with the title "If an Claymore live action series was created who should be in it?" or something like that.

I think it would give plenty of room for discussions about which real-life actress/actor should play which role (you may even account for the roles of the more important Yomas and Awakened beings ).

Of course its entirely theoratical since chances are low it would ever happen.

Theresa -> Angelina Jolie?? (of course with bleached blonde hair)

Clare -> Cameron Diaz?? (lol I know terrible choice maybe if it was an comedy instead of an action show)

Raki -> the guy who played frodo from LOTR at least he would have to do little adjustment (just keep whining)

Miria -> etc.
Old 2007-06-13, 05:21   Link #62
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm afraid I see that sort of wild and unfounded speculation to be rather pointless. Mostly it is just a wish list of things that the posters know won't ever happen. I suppose that there is some basis in finding actors who embody the looks/personality of the characters, but that will often become an excuse to post lists. There is the possiblity of some discussion about the merits of various actors, but I have no interest in creating such a thread.

However, if another moderator feels differently from me I would not really object either.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:52   Link #63
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

How about a thread to talk about the ends and means/rights and wrongs/etc of the Organization all in one place? Seems like after the latest arc there's more focus on them than before, and the topic is probably at least as broad as that of Claymore biology.
Old 2007-06-14, 10:00   Link #64
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Seconded. There is a lot of interesting possibities there, and a lot to discuss. Like their choice of facilities.
Old 2007-06-14, 16:40   Link #65
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I've been considering this problem. There is some difficulty to the thread because it will quickly become spoiler-hell.

Instead of creating this as a thread, what about using Claymore - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) to discuss the matter? Especially since this is the main speculation that will occupy first time viewers for quite a while to come.

Does that seem reasonable? Or do you think this absolutely needs its own thread?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-14, 17:14   Link #66
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ I don't think it needs its own thread. More importantly, I think it would mean more unnecessary work for you, because it's bound to be filled with careless spoilers eventually.

Hmm...now that the ranks of Galatea fanbois are growing, when do you think is a good time to start a poll for the Miss Claymore contest?
Old 2007-06-14, 18:03   Link #67
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I've been considering this problem. There is some difficulty to the thread because it will quickly become spoiler-hell.

Instead of creating this as a thread, what about using Claymore - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) to discuss the matter? Especially since this is the main speculation that will occupy first time viewers for quite a while to come.

Does that seem reasonable? Or do you think this absolutely needs its own thread?
Or maybe a "World of Claymore" thread, to cover not only the Organization, but also the Geography, cultrue, society and Geography of Claymore. It could serve as a companion to the Biology thread.
Old 2007-06-14, 18:10   Link #68
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And it is an easy reference for anyone writing fanfiction too. *smirk*

Although...now it just sounds like a faq sheet that will go up on wikipedia...
Old 2007-06-14, 20:54   Link #69
SimplyEd
Claytard

"World of Claymore" sounds really good to me. A new playground for passionate inventors.
Old 2007-06-14, 21:16   Link #70
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Indeed. I kinda want to tackle guessing what may have happened in the orgs early days.
Old 2007-06-15, 02:04   Link #71
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
"World of Claymore" sounds really good to me. A new playground for passionate inventors.
World of Claymore??? Like adding Youma roller coasters and kiss the Claymore booths? Good idea though..
Old 2007-06-15, 04:22   Link #72
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm starting to wonder if the eventual hot springs episode should finally get its own thread... People keep spoiling it everywhere... sigh...

In other news, I'm considering the "World of Claymore" thread. The incredible inventiveness that has been brought to the biology thread make me certain that this one will also be quite interesting. It will probably happen tomorrow. Busy now.

Edit: Made the time to create the World of Claymore thread. Have safe fun there. Please don't make my job of spoiler policing any tougher than it already is.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-15 at 04:43.
Old 2007-06-15, 07:35   Link #73
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Actually dear Moderator. I think it is because Claymore doesn´t have any fanservice at all. Thus, people are boiling to the point of going all..ZOMG HELEN Armpit!! did you see Helen Armpit!! Or Claymore ankle. People are getting so much desperate "including me" in knowing how they look like naked that everybody is getting depesperate.
Old 2007-06-15, 08:35   Link #74
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I would just like to remind everyone, that I was one of the first, if not the first to come up with the Hot Springs Episode. I expect the call from Madhouse for my input on the plot of the actual episode anyday now.
Old 2007-06-15, 13:34   Link #75
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I would just like to remind everyone, that I was one of the first, if not the first to come up with the Hot Springs Episode. I expect the call from Madhouse for my input on the plot of the actual episode anyday now.
I believe that the very first mention of a hot springs episode may have been this post by you. I've been searching, but I can't find one any earlier than that. If I ever decide to have a thread for the onsen episode -- maybe a generic fanservice thread to counteract the show's lack of fanservice -- I'll have to get your assistance.

Does anyone have a really good idea for a fanservice thread that will maintain the level of discourse found in our wonderful "World of Claymore" and "Biology of Claymore" threads? If so, I'd probably make it.

Old 2007-06-15, 14:11   Link #76
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I shall wrack my brain for such an idea.

So far, first thing to come to my mind would be to re-design the Claymore outfits... Those shoulder guards just make them look 'bulky'.

Other random ideas follow...

...in sailor fuku and in school. Something like 'Claymore High'. Yes, I can see, smell and taste the cheesiness of that idea, but if it were made like Tenjou Tenge's highschool situation - we might have something there...

In honor of summer:
- Baywatch Rabona...Teresa in a tight red lifeguard one-piece <3 Pamela ain't got nuthin on Teresa. Irene...Miria...Helen....*nosebleeds*
Old 2007-06-15, 15:30   Link #77
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Sailor Fuku... I think someone once compared Claymore to a magical girl anime gone horribly wrong.
Anyways, I don't know... A fanservice thread could quickly get out of hand and end up very hentai. If I ever do write a Hot Springs episode, it'll probably be a gag fanfiction, in the fanfiction section.
Old 2007-06-15, 15:44   Link #78
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think it's suppose to be for humor purposes...but maybe we should keep that in the Image thread (for now)
...like Helen sneaking into Yagi-san's room and having the time of her life re-writing certain scenes or making up new ones. Something like the lil 3-4 panel comics that people did for Mai Otome.
Old 2007-06-16, 01:02   Link #79
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Sailor Fuku... I think someone once compared Claymore to a magical girl anime gone horribly wrong.
Anyways, I don't know... A fanservice thread could quickly get out of hand and end up very hentai. If I ever do write a Hot Springs episode, it'll probably be a gag fanfiction, in the fanfiction section.
Hot springs episode? I can guess the conversation on that one..."Hey Clare, take your clothes off and let's compare battle wounds".
Old 2007-06-16, 10:45   Link #80
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey, what about this idea. For those who have seen Bleach, y'know how they have the 'Shimigami Cup - GOLDEN' segment at the end of the episode right?

Why not make a 'Claymore Bowl - SHILVAH'.

Something like we take the most burning questions about Claymore we have at the moment and we answer in the most humorous yet serious way possible. That or make little snippets with the Characters like off camera moments or behind the scenes.

Example:

CLAYMORE BOWL - SHILVAH!

Clare: Rubel...

Rubel: ...Yes?

Clare: I'm just wondering...What do Claymores do once they are decomissioned?

Rubel: Ahhh, them. The used up ones are given over to our Job Placement Dept. and are given other jobs as per their individual skills.

Clare: I've never heard of such a thing... Jobs such as...?

Rubel: For instance...

*shot of Irene as a logger, using her Flash Sword to chop the wood into planks on site*

*shot of Sophia in demolition*

*shot of Noel as a wildlife ranger*

*Teresa as a tour guide*

Rubel: Things such as that.

Clare: 0.0;

Helen: Damn it... retirement sucks...
Closed Thread