AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-05-19, 15:27   Link #17421
Kakurin
大佐

Sub node A? Had one retreat in thirty sorties. And another three retreats at the air node I. Total boss rate was 11/30, although that includes five runs for route testing that went north plus another bunch of sorties that went C-E-I before the C-G-I routing with four DDs, two CAVs was known.
Old 2016-05-19, 15:29   Link #17422
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Sub node A? Had one retreat in thirty sorties. And another three retreats at the air node I. Total boss rate was 11/30, although that includes five runs for route testing that went north plus another bunch of sorties that went C-E-I before the C-G-I routing with four DDs, two CAVs was known.
Did you have the sparked fleet the whole time? Because if you don't I have much worse rate with sparked fleet than you do without
Old 2016-05-19, 15:33   Link #17423
Kakurin
大佐

Unless I'm really in a tough situation (read: starting to see the bottom of the fuel barrel while banging the head against E6/E7) I never bother with sparkling anything that's not on support fleet duties. I'm not a big believer in the usefulness of sparkling.
Old 2016-05-19, 15:39   Link #17424
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Unless I'm really in a tough situation (read: starting to see the bottom of the fuel barrel while banging the head against E6/E7) I never bother with sparkling anything that's not on support fleet duties.
I rarely do normally too. But It just simply impossible for me.

I did spark the entire fleet 5 times, so around 15 runs with full sparked fleet + another 5 times partially sparked. Only manage to kill boss once, and it was not a last dance then. I only made to boss like 5 times in total during that time.

Without sparkling meanwhile, i think I can count the number of time I make to the boss in one hand. Only once without any chuha. It's fucking ridiculous.
Old 2016-05-19, 15:40   Link #17425
Kakurin
大佐

What fleet + loadout are you using?
Old 2016-05-19, 15:41   Link #17426
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The set up was very standard: Teruzuki, Hamakaze, Amatsukaze, Shimakaze, Mogami and Mikuma. All lvl 96+ except Hamakaze lvl 86. With double 10cm gun+AA fire detector for the DD, and double 20.3cm for the CAV. The DD have WG42. The CA have Type 3 Shell, and Zuiun 634.

Have always going with boss support since last dance. Node support tried a couple times but it didn't help
Old 2016-05-19, 15:48   Link #17427
Kakurin
大佐

What's your LBA setup? And have you tried going WG42 + Sanshiki on the CAVs?
Old 2016-05-19, 15:50   Link #17428
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
What's your LBA setup? And have you tried going WG42 + Sanshiki on the CAVs?
LBA is 2 of the LBA+ 2 Reppu for Squad 1 ,and 1 LBA+ 3 Reppu for 2nd one. All on boss

Thought about trying WG42+ Sanshiki, but my problem is making to boss right now. So It probably does not help
Old 2016-05-19, 16:05   Link #17429
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I can't do this. I can't fucking do this.

If 3 last-phase torpedoes in pre-boss node hit 3 ships of my sparked fleet, include both CAV, from full hp to red. Then what the fuck do I suppose to do? Fill them with turbine?

I means fuck this shit. Fuck this.

Edit: I means what the heck is this , a full sparked CAV got shelled from full hp to red by a chuha enemy CA?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2016-05-19 at 16:28.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 16:36   Link #17430
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sparkle does not change anything in actual combat except accuracy and evasion to a "certain" degree. Do not expect mitigated damage just because your kanmusu were fully sparkled.
Also, CAV don't really have tanky stats, which is worse for Mogami-class.
Old 2016-05-19, 17:00   Link #17431
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Sparkle does not change anything in actual combat except accuracy and evasion to a "certain" degree. Do not expect mitigated damage just because your kanmusu were fully sparkled.
Also, CAV don't really have tanky stats, which is worse for Mogami-class.
So you recommend me using 2 Ro 44s (both chevron) vs. 2 Fusou kai 2 Zuiuns for E5?

Note: I do use both airfields for full reppus against Lycoris, hoping for air parity.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 17:01   Link #17432
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

If 3 last-phase torpedoes in pre-boss node hit 3 ships of my sparked fleet, include both CAV, from full hp to red. Then what the fuck do I suppose to do? Fill them with turbine?

Edit: I means what the heck is this , a full sparked CAV got shelled from full hp to red by a chuha enemy CA?
Wait how are those torpedo squadrons surviving to torpedo phase? If anything only the CAs have any chance of surviving and only Ne-class had *some* chance of sending you home with that...? If anything half of those should be dead from support shelling.

Oh and try doing 2~3 fighters in 1st base and put node I as first target then the boss, and all LBA/bombers in 2nd base and put those on boss. At least that's what many of the players did in their clearing vids, which I copied, and it worked. Kinda.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 17:47   Link #17433
Academus

Equip your enroute support fleet with 2 main guns and 2 radar, and hope the increased accuracy will translate to actual hits at node L.

That or bring BBVs to the party. This will solve both your SS and closing torpedoes problem (they're two sides of the same coin), but then you need to entertain node E.

17 Winter 17 Spring
16 Winter: E1&2 E3 Spring: Prep E7 Summer: Prep E1&2 16 Fall
15 Winter: E1&2 E5 Spring: Prep E6 Summer: Prep E7 Fall: Prep E5
14 Summer: E6 Fall: E4
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 21:13   Link #17434
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

You could use my setup.

Lantern's helped me with the boss support and LBAs. I only sparkle for final run. Not fully sparkle, but sparkle once and try. I have the same problem as you mostly: My non sparkled fleet during pre-final does better than when I sparkled them. Bring node support. I find using 2CA2DD2CVL enough for my node support. I put 2gun 2 radar on my CAs, all radars on DDs, 2 bombers and 2 radars on my CVL.

Sanshiki+WG42 is extremely useful on CAVs.

Other than that, pray cos if your E-5 is like my E-2 where RNG turns on its aimbot at you, there's nothing you can do but try again later a few hours later(I spent 100+ buckets on E-2 cos of RNG aimbot).
Old 2016-05-20, 00:51   Link #17435
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, I've looked around, and this is the only place that seems to prefer CTF to STF. Both Himeuta and Japanese players overwhelmingly suggest STF. I guess most of us here are too much of skinflints to pay Hayasui's tax of barrels.
Old 2016-05-20, 05:01   Link #17436
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yep, I've looked around, and this is the only place that seems to prefer CTF to STF. Both Himeuta and Japanese players overwhelmingly suggest STF. I guess most of us here are too much of skinflints to pay Hayasui's tax of barrels.
Evasion usually don't compare to armor but in CF maps, it beats armor because in CF, there are accuracy penalty for both fleets(hence why people prefer facing BB Hime to Takoyakis in CF maps). Because of accuracy penalty, it further enhances the value of evasion, something which BBs and CVs doesn't really have.

I still have all the Hayasui's barrels(probably gonna collect and not use them). But it stands for fact that in CF maps, evasion is far better than armor.

I guess for single fleet map, it's another thing altogether.

Btw anyone knows what's the value for final kill in E-6? I'm at 11xx/5200 at the moment.
Old 2016-05-20, 05:12   Link #17437
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
evasion, something which BBs and CVs doesn't really have.
The Shōkaku-class begs to differ.

Quote:
Btw anyone knows what's the value for final kill in E-6? I'm at 11xx/5200 at the moment.
Still 900, the gauge has 5400 HP, six full kills.
Old 2016-05-20, 05:31   Link #17438
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
The Shōkaku-class begs to differ.
Well, the Shoukaku class were rumored to be able to carry jet planes........

Quote:
Still 900, the gauge has 5400 HP, six full kills.
I'm under 110 so my gauge is 5200 instead.

Okay. Guess one more kill then. Thanks
Old 2016-05-20, 08:01   Link #17439
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually no, I've been scouting a bit jp admirals results on twitter after being done, and for those who were doing 甲, the majority used Kidou butai.

Suijou has way too many issues when it comes to last dance in E7:
1) Vastly inferior aerial strike
2) Inferior aerial support (there is no way to get air supremacy with just 1 CV even with Shinden Kai. You would have to use 2CVL or have your CV as a reppuu mule only which decrease even more your "suijou" advantage)
3) Using Hayasui will decrease your damage output even further.

What makes Hayasui even more problematic is the fact that not only her refuel drums are finite, but the refueling system doesn't exactly counterbalance the loss of a 1 capable ship.

Suijou only benefit in E7 is the fact you have vastly less hazard (although you need Akitsushima if you want to secure your way to node M, meaning even less capable kanmusu), but that also means you are even more relying on LBA air strikes.

Kidou butai has vastly more advantages, although having double wo, double kuubo seiki and 3 tsu class on the way make that route less appealing.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-05-20 at 11:22.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 09:48   Link #17440
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

YES!

I thought of giving up Nonaka, but thanks for Academus setup here, I managed to get my Nonaka squad!

Opening strike did 871 damage, boss support and everyone that targets boss at day MISS......then at yasen, my saving grace came. Ooyodo targeted Hime among the 4 enemies alive and killed it!

That came at an expense of 20k+ fuel, 10k+ ammo and 14k bauxite.....

Do I have enough for E-7 Hard? I have 50k fuel, 60k ammo and 36k bauxite left :|

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls