Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 06:21   Link #281
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
So how does a bumbler with an antique weapon get into a school where he'll be fighting for his life and the lives of his peers? A school where four years of training at a martial academy that has you build and master your own weapon as a requirement is the admission standard?

Jean talks alot about his parents. Not only his parents, but his great great grandfather who fought in a war. I think there's more to him and his heritage than meets the eye. Either that or Beacon's admission standards aren't all that and freely admits cannon fodder to the slaughter.
If, in fact, he is as inept at warrior skills as he is socially, I suspect it might have something to do with that statue he keeps staring at me every time I watch a new episode. My suspicion is that Jaune is somehow "grandfathered" into being admitted due to some connection with his great-great-grandfather, who, I also suspect, is the male member of that statue (he does appear to be holding a sword in his right hand, maybe even Jaune's own sword).

I hope that they do not make Jaune a butt monkey for the whole series. So far, he has been portrayed as a complete blonde bimbo. He is certainly not living up to his namesake, yet, he probably has the most potential for personal growth and development of the cast as we know it.

As for all the speculation about Blake, if she was there during that launch, it certainly would have been obvious, just as there were two as-yet unnamed guys (who will probably feature in the next episode). Of course, they could be doing launches in shifts, only having so many launch pads, so she could have been launched earlier or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Courteous, kind, the best in what she does, clueless in everything else.
I don't get why people think Pyrrah is clueless and gullible. Maybe it's just me being clueless. What I want to see is more of her and her magic spear. She throws it at Jaune, it misses him and his clothing, yet he gets pulled along in its wake, and the spear ends up piercing his hoodie even though it completely missed it when it went past him.

Nora was delightful. I especially enjoyed her "Whee" as she was launched, as if she was taking her first turn on a new ride at the amusement park. If anyone is clueless, I'd say it was her, considering her reaction to the Professor's comment that they would certainly die if they didn't protect themselves in the forest.

One of the best things about this series for me is that, although all of the women (and men) are above-average in looks, there has been no fan-service. It's refreshing.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 06:31   Link #282
Tenzen12

Do you realise that Jaune was just shoot to the forest full of monsters that want eat him. And to get killed by them he need survive landing that would kill any ordinary person? He either has some degree of skill or his parents send him here to die.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 07:04   Link #283
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I don't get why people think Pyrrah is clueless and gullible.
She seems the type that would do anything you asked her to do. Weiss asked to partner with her. Pyrrah was okay with it. Jean wanted to partner with her. She was okay with it. Weiss tells Pyrrah to do something about Jean. Pyrrah throws a spear at him.

She doesn't seem think at all before doing what other people ask.

Then there's the way Jean rather rudely brushed her off after introducing herself. When he then turns around and pays her some notice, she greets him again in the same friendly manner.

She's either very perceptive and doesn't need to think about things or is just that gullible. I'm inclined to think that she really is just very perceptive. She barely even looked at Jean and called him a great leader, even though she really had no basis at all to make that kind of assessment. And he will probably become a great leader as the series progresses.

And while Weiss's intentions were somewhat selfish, Pyrrah realizes that she's a good person and more than a bit lonely. So Pyrrah acts supportive and friendly to her.

Suffice to say, I think Pyrrah is really worth paying attention to. Especially if she doesn't like something. If Pyrrah doesn't like someone or is worried about something, they are bad news and shit is about to get real.

On a completely different note, consider their first night at Beacon; all of the students sleep together in one big room. This is probably a form of training. When they're out in the wilderness, there won't be any rooms to sleep in. And teams will probably consist of male and female members, so they'd better get used to the idea of sleeping bags and some lack of privacy.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 07:38   Link #284
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

For some reason this series seriously reminds me of FiM. Maybe it's the pacing and characters interaction.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 08:57   Link #285
CBredbeard
Banned

Here's an observation; Ozpin was said to be a bit "off" at the Assembly. The only difference between then and all the other times he's made an appearance is...he didn't have a cup of coffee. The man is an addict.
Old 2013-08-10, 17:00   Link #286
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-08-10, 20:04   Link #287
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't think Pyrra came across as vulnerable. I think she's just pretty laid back and just goes with the flow.
Old 2013-08-11, 11:11   Link #288
CBredbeard
Banned

I wonder what Nora's weapon is? Suppose it is a whip? She looks like a whippersnapper.
Old 2013-08-11, 12:03   Link #289
Arkeus

Huh, i am slowly growing to hate Jaune. Typical jockster character that seems to be the writer's favorite and suddenly take over the show while actually not having any really interesting about him :-(
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 13:58   Link #290
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Huh, i am slowly growing to hate Jaune. Typical jockster character that seems to be the writer's favorite and suddenly take over the show while actually not having any really interesting about him :-(

This.

Keep it on the girls, Monty! And while her antics amuse me to no end, tone down Weiss a little. She really came across as unlikable this episode

Jaune sucks. However, Chatty Cathy's friend can stay and looks like a badass.
Old 2013-08-11, 14:33   Link #291
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Jaune is perfectly fine, its quite obvious he will never actually be taking the spotlight away from the "A" team.
Old 2013-08-11, 14:35   Link #292
CBredbeard
Banned

I kind of think that Jaune's name is fake. A nickname he adopted to try and make himself cooler. Seems like something he'd do.
Old 2013-08-11, 14:45   Link #293
wm4

At some degree I agreed with the Jaune hates above. I like Jaune, though. But that's like it's going pretty far.
Think about when I get the animation DVD, then there's at least one Jaune joke every 3 minute.
I am quite convinced that Monty will have some use of him in the future, just that exposing him
that much so early in the story is quite unhealthy.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 16:48   Link #294
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

is name is "Jaune" but its not written rather "John" ?
Old 2013-08-12, 07:19   Link #295
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Jaune is perfectly fine, its quite obvious he will never actually be taking the spotlight away from the "A" team.
He currently has the second most screentime. And even when he isn't there people talk about him. So, yeah :-(
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 07:42   Link #296
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
He currently has the second most screentime. And even when he isn't there people talk about him. So, yeah :-(
They have put alot of work into him. He even has his own set of jammies.

Okay, this'll clinch it; in the next episode everyone gets a badass landing sequence, except Jean who merely falls on his face. Nothing elaborate like falling through a million branches and tumbling down a steep hill. Just plop, there's Jean, he's alive, and that's all that really needs to be said.

But if he does get an exaggerated and elaborate landing, then there might actually be something to worry about.

Although, on the other hand, Rooster Teeth did say they wanted team Anvil to be important too, and Jean will probably be their leader. Maybe it's just a mistake to have a "Red Team" at all?
Old 2013-08-12, 14:15   Link #297
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there will be made ​​in the team, but not group of 4 but 2 have made ​​thus expects Ruby and weiss teamed and Yang and Blake teamed right?
Old 2013-08-12, 14:17   Link #298
Kreceir

Old 2013-08-12, 14:18   Link #299
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

hoo I had seen this picture the last year beautiful
Old 2013-08-12, 14:23   Link #300
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

I approve of these images.