AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-19, 16:47   Link #221
Qikz

I didn't know this thread existed, thanks for linking me Dextro. Now to wait for my copy to arrive x_x

not long now... ;;
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 17:04   Link #222
Dextro
He Without a Title

Something I forgot to say that's pretty major: the game now has an rpg-like leveling system. The girls get XP for auditions, promotions and live shows and then you get to unlock bonuses and specials from an hexagon grid. Overall the game feels like I'm more in control than I felt during the previous game where I felt more like I was running to avoid the bad ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I didn't know this thread existed, thanks for linking me Dextro. Now to wait for my copy to arrive x_x

not long now... ;;
Can't wait to hear your opinions on the game. Btw did you go for the regular version or a New Produce box?

EDIT: btw yes, there's a 3D Kotori model in the game! I just saw her doing some paperwork when I reached the office one morning!
Old 2014-05-19, 17:21   Link #223
Qikz

New Produce and I'm glad Kotori finally has a 3D model <3
Old 2014-05-19, 17:28   Link #224
Nork22

I too bring gifts:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also my impressions of the game after playing through the tutorial section:
OFA definitely feels like idolmaster 2.5. Everything feels so familiar yet there are small changes that makes it almost fun to play even if you have already played number 2 (though I haven't or wasn't shown that you had to stick to a strict schedule to hit #1 in some music ranking yet). Best of all - no more Janken after work, thank god!

One of the better things I like about this game is that the idols now have a sort of grid on how you want to "level up" your idols. Yayoi being week in dancing? Let's level her up on that area. As you progress with your idols you unlock more of the grid, and it opens up what I assume are story events.

Lastly, the auditions and FES segments, I don't know if it's me, but the timing seems more forgiving. Futari no Kioku was the first song I use and twice I full combo it without even trying. I had a go at CHANGE and READY and I seem to be getting a lot of perfects, with hardly any greats or goods.

So really, while the game is essentially the same at it's core, the improvements done over it makes me pleased with my purchase.
Old 2014-05-19, 17:38   Link #225
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I too bring gifts:

Images

Also my impressions of the game after playing through the tutorial section:
OFA definitely feels like idolmaster 2.5. Everything feels so familiar yet there are small changes that makes it almost fun to play even if you have already played number 2 (though I haven't or wasn't shown that you had to stick to a strict schedule to hit #1 in some music ranking yet). Best of all - no more Janken after work, thank god!

One of the better things I like about this game is that the idols now have a sort of grid on how you want to "level up" your idols. Yayoi being week in dancing? Let's level her up on that area. As you progress with your idols you unlock more of the grid, and it opens up what I assume are story events.

Lastly, the auditions and FES segments, I don't know if it's me, but the timing seems more forgiving. Futari no Kioku was the first song I use and twice I full combo it without even trying. I had a go at CHANGE and READY and I seem to be getting a lot of perfects, with hardly any greats or goods.

So really, while the game is essentially the same at it's core, the improvements done over it makes me pleased with my purchase.
Now I'm sad that I couldn't get my game from AmiAmi. It sold out almost instantly and when it opened up again I was too scared to cancel the pre-order I already had. That pre-order bonus is freakin' amazing!

I don't think it's just you: the game is indeed easier. I've been going through the E levels like it was nothing. That and missing virtually no notes. That and the lack of all those annoyances like the Janken games make this feel a tad bit more casual than the other games. Not that I'm complaining, I'm liking this more relaxed iM@S experience.

Also: I think you still have goals, they just change from month to month. I'm still not sure what they are but they seem to have levels (after you hit the goal you'll get another number to target).
Old 2014-05-20, 00:17   Link #226
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
For some reason I forgot there was a thread here, even though I did post back during the imas2 and anime days I think lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I too bring gifts:
So lucky. I ordered from amiami for the LE before the amiami bonus version was up. Was going to ask for an upgrade but then that version sold out. At least I got my LE and Haruka controller.

Anyway, I love the gameplay changes they made. Some nice ones are skills and knowing when the songs are going to end.
The lessons are a lot more fun this time around, but I'm playing them less since they're just temporary boosts instead of permanent ones.

Lots of improvements from imas2 scattered about aside from story. I did like 2's story for each idol, but it's expected that OFA wouldn't be story centric. I'm still on the Spring part, so there's lots more I need to do.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 01:58   Link #227
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
So lucky. I ordered from amiami for the LE before the amiami bonus version was up. Was going to ask for an upgrade but then that version sold out. At least I got my LE and Haruka controller.
I wanted the regular Producer Edition, but it was sold out, and I went with Amazon. But thanks to me checking AmiAmi again a few days later and saw their preorder bonus and I put in an order before I missed out again.

Anyway, who was your first idol? I picked Yayoi since I felt bad I didn't finish her route in the previous game.
Old 2014-05-20, 02:36   Link #228
Dextro
He Without a Title

Chihaya of course. And the I realised that I should have gone for anyone else since Asami Imai's voice doesn't work particularly well with most songs available in the game
Old 2014-05-20, 03:42   Link #229
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Takane. Would've chosen Miki, but I've already done a Miki playthrough in im@s2.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 18:38   Link #230
Qikz

Makoto'll be mine when it finally arrives.
Old 2014-06-26, 15:48   Link #231
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok so the second DLC catalogue is out with a new song (Kimi*Channel), Megare and Overm@ster. They really are pushing it with DLC hum? :/

YouTube
Old 2014-06-26, 18:46   Link #232
Miraluka
Banned

Nope, not appealing enough.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 16:40   Link #233
Dextro
He Without a Title

And the 3rd DLC pack is out and it's quite massive: 4 songs (Machiuke Prince, Kami SUMMER!!, Nana Iro Button and Positive!), the song Hello for the Dearly Stars trio (rivals on the story mode as usual) and a brand new DLC Job with an All Stars Live of the insert song from the movie (Ramune Iro Seishun).

There's also a few freebies so do get those (not sure if they are timed or not).

YouTube

Now excuse me while I pull out my copies of the Best Of albums to listen to Hello! on a loop
Old 2014-08-01, 10:59   Link #234
abc0716

Currently I'm watching the Anime adaptation of this (game) franchise and I'm quite impress with the series so far. This makes me keen on playing one of the iM@S games.. (Like what I did on Neptune series )

Which iM@S game is recommended for iM@S newbies? Between iM@S 2, G4U, or the more recent one, iM@S One For All? Since I only have PS3 & a PSP that I haven't use/play it for a while.....
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 16:34   Link #235
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Currently I'm watching the Anime adaptation of this (game) franchise and I'm quite impress with the series so far. This makes me keen on playing one of the iM@S games.. (Like what I did on Neptune series )

Which iM@S game is recommended for iM@S newbies? Between iM@S 2, G4U, or the more recent one, iM@S One For All? Since I only have PS3 & a PSP that I haven't use/play it for a while.....
The regular iM@S games are mostly visual novels which means that they are rather text heavy. You can make do with some guides but it's not particularly easy (trust me, I tried ). But if you really want one get the latest one (ONE FOR ALL). It's mostly the same as iDOLM@STER 2 but you can produce all the 13 girls, has mostly the same (overpriced) DLC and adds just enough to make it a much better game and, to top it of, I find it a lot easier to play even if you know little Japanese. It's also available on the PSN so you don't even need to import a disk.

On the other hand you have the Shiny Festa and Shiny TV games. Those are Rhythm games so they're rather simple to get the hang of them. You can also get those using a Japanese PSN account and points cards bought from places like Play-Asia. The Shiny TV one has a free demo, just make a JPSN account and download the iM@S Channel app to try it out.
Old 2014-08-02, 07:03   Link #236
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The regular iM@S games are mostly visual novels which means that they are rather text heavy. You can make do with some guides but it's not particularly easy (trust me, I tried ). But if you really want one get the latest one (ONE FOR ALL). It's mostly the same as iDOLM@STER 2 but you can produce all the 13 girls, has mostly the same (overpriced) DLC and adds just enough to make it a much better game and, to top it of, I find it a lot easier to play even if you know little Japanese. It's also available on the PSN so you don't even need to import a disk.

On the other hand you have the Shiny Festa and Shiny TV games. Those are Rhythm games so they're rather simple to get the hang of them. You can also get those using a Japanese PSN account and points cards bought from places like Play-Asia. The Shiny TV one has a free demo, just make a JPSN account and download the iM@S Channel app to try it out.
I see, thanks for your advice. I think I will start with One For All. Just ordered it on Play-Asia by the way (R3/Asia version, yet also the last in-stock item at there ).
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:19   Link #237
l.kostas

One For All - Extra scenarios with original songs for all idols to be released on August 26:

The fourth batch of DLC will include purchasable additional scenarios for the idols. Each scenario comes bundled with a new, original song for each of the thirteen idols. Batch four will make extra episode one available, and more episodes are scheduled to be released at a later time.

From ANN:

Video game developer Cygames' director Eitoshi Ashihara announced at the Computer Entertainment Developers Conference (CEDEC) in Yokohama this past week that the company is working on an Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls PlayStation 4 game. Ashihara did not offer any further details on the project.

Edit:
Bamco published the new information of Idolm@ster One For All" DLC 5 to be delivered in September 25. "Thank You!" is the title of a new song:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/927/927431/

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-09-20 at 09:30.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 23:00   Link #238
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...OHhhWSuXymC.01

Looks like Korea's joining the fray. They actually did a good job, she has a bit of the Korean look to her (well, as much as anime allows).
Old 2014-12-09, 02:31   Link #239
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well she does break a lot of KPOP modern taboos in her idolized form.
Old 2015-09-19, 04:14   Link #240
Dextro
He Without a Title

By the Producer Powers vested in me I shall revive this thread!

It looks like there are a couple of new iDOLM@STER Rhythm Games coming out for the Vita: Must Songs Red Board and Blue Board. The games are just Taiko Drum Master with a iM@S skin though.

More details: Gematsu

YouTube

Tags
amami haruka, hoshii miki, idolmaster, kisaragi chihaya, nonowa