AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-06, 14:33   Link #101
grecefar

Now that we have the favorite couple already together is time for sakura to shine and take ishikawa for herself.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 15:01   Link #102
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I fear Ishikawa will go childhood friend rout. And it saddens me.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 15:30   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder what Souta thinks a harmonious family looks like.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 16:05   Link #104
Mangaka-chan

The hand holding part in episode 4 was adorable.

But is it just me or did anyone else feel that Hori gets jealous a little too readily? I get that it's played for drama and humor, and that she tries to be rational at first...but still ends up chucking two books at the poor guy's face. Characters who get jealous toward their significant other at the drop of a hat makes me roll my eyes.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 16:51   Link #105
Wandering Soul

Unlike most anime dads, Kyosuke actually helps his daughter get together with her love interest and pretty much get Hori officially to claim Miyamura as her boyfriend. He seems like a cool dude, now if only he was around his family more.
Old 2021-02-06, 17:01   Link #106
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Finally the mighty Kyousuke appears in anime form . Gotta say, i loved this episode . The dynamics . Also poor Tooru . Dont worry , your special girl is closer than you think
Old 2021-02-06, 18:18   Link #107
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm not surprised Yuriko tossed out her husband.

Kyosuke had the option of doing a "dad thing" and taking them all out to dinner. The fact that he didn't suggests to me he's probably not doing very well in the world of work.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 19:05   Link #108
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not surprised Yuriko tossed out her husband.

Kyosuke had the option of doing a "dad thing" and taking them all out to dinner. The fact that he didn't suggests to me he's probably not doing very well in the world of work.
The Hori house never having things for Kyosuke is a running gag, but I do wonder what sort of jobs Yuriko and Kyosuke have to take them away from the house so often. It seems Yuriko might be a bit of a workaholic, as she has to go in even when her daughter is sick. Kyosuke's work is never discussed, but he's implied to come and go a lot without announcement,and it's not uncommon for him to be gone for long stretches of time, so it makes me think he does some sort of freelance work? Maybe photography or something that requires lots of travel?
Old 2021-02-06, 19:35   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We're finally seeing Hori's violent tendencies I've heard so much about. She's clearly over-possessive and easily prone to anger. Not to mention she actually hits people, even if it was mainly played for laughs with the dad. Said dad was actually pretty awesome, not sure what he did to get like trash by his daughter. He's a bit annoying, but not a bad guy at all.

Anyway, now they're officially dating. Glad the misunderstanding was cleared up quickly and led to progress.
Old 2021-02-06, 20:46   Link #110
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
The hand holding part in episode 4 was adorable.

But is it just me or did anyone else feel that Hori gets jealous a little too readily? I get that it's played for drama and humor, and that she tries to be rational at first...but still ends up chucking two books at the poor guy's face. Characters who get jealous toward their significant other at the drop of a hat makes me roll my eyes.
I think like when she claimed Miyamura was "hers" and got really possessive against Remi, Hori is prone to getting really emotional and a little selfish when it comes to her romantic feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
The Hori house never having things for Kyosuke is a running gag, but I do wonder what sort of jobs Yuriko and Kyosuke have to take them away from the house so often. It seems Yuriko might be a bit of a workaholic, as she has to go in even when her daughter is sick. Kyosuke's work is never discussed, but he's implied to come and go a lot without announcement,and it's not uncommon for him to be gone for long stretches of time, so it makes me think he does some sort of freelance work? Maybe photography or something that requires lots of travel?
To be honest I'm just curious about the Hori finances to where both parents have to work so much. I mean, it might seem more common from a Western perspective but typically with Japanese families for sure one parent works (usually the dad) while the other (usually the mom) stays behind to take care of the kids.
Old 2021-02-06, 21:44   Link #111
HandofFate

Despite how cold hori acts towards her father, i find it interesting that miyamura looks similar to her dad.
fits the stereotypical daughter going for someone similar to her father cliche
Old 2021-02-07, 07:58   Link #112
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Despite how cold hori acts towards her father, i find it interesting that miyamura looks similar to her dad.
fits the stereotypical daughter going for someone similar to her father cliche
That similarity didn't hit me until you mentioned it, but I think you may be right.
Old 2021-02-13, 12:30   Link #113
Frontier

Poor Kyosuke. His family keeps expecting him to leave and even gives priority of his futon to Miyamura, and his daughter relates to girls in horror movies who want to murder their fathers. At least he's got his best buddy Miyamura through it all .

Miyamura sleeping over at the Hori's has the added perk of him seeing a fresh out of bed Hori in her middle school gym clothes, and they definitely do a great job of showing off her figure .

Well, the pair get caught leaving house together which basically exposes them as a couple to the entire school with all the rumors and jibes that come from being a public couple in high school (especially with how popular Hori is). Hori takes the criticisms in stride but Miyamura's still self-conscience about it, so he cuts his hair and embraces the pretty boy look to be deserving of being Hori's boyfriend. Which has the added perk of making him popular with girls, which Hori appreciates even less .

Props to Shindo for giving his girlfriend first dibs on the good candy. Miyamura punished him for it, but he also got fed by Miyamura, on the same day he's shocked by Miyamura's new look. It's a topsy-turvy day for Shindo .

Miyamura finally brings Hori to his apartment and makes a stellar boyfriend move by using his girlfriend's complaint about a bitter candy as an excuse to "steal" the candy through a kiss, finally giving the couple their first on-screen kiss. It sure threw Hori for a loop .

Hori thought she had a rival and Miyamura thought he had a stalker, but in reality it turns out their raven-haired, piercing eye, kouhai Sawada is in love with Hori and jealous of Miyamura. Which leads to them playing keep away with poor Hori to Ishikawa and Yuki's amusement .

Sawada may seem like just your typical love-stricken kouhai, but she seems to be still processing the loss of her older brother in her life, and Miyamura empathizes with her. They may never become friends because of the Hori-shaped wedge in their lives, but Miyamura is there for her if she needs anything .

Look at Hori being direct about being more intimate with Miyamura, even if it's still embarrassing talking about it out loud. Too bad once again Kyosuke ruins the moment .
Old 2021-02-13, 14:13   Link #114
Mangaka-chan

It’s Miyamura glow-up time!

His short haired look always felt vaguely familiar to me, but I think I finally realized why: he has the same haircut as Setsuna from Gundam 00
Old 2021-02-13, 15:05   Link #115
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Really, it would have been better if he just put a ponytail instead of cutting his hair.

I hope, plotline with Honoka won't lead to much drama.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-02-14 at 05:49.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 18:02   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They skipped all the bits of him pretending to be his own hot cousin. :\
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 19:02   Link #117
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Really, it would have been better if her just put a ponytil instead of cutting his hair.

I hope, plotline with Honoka won't lead to much drama.
Yeah, I thought the same and honestly expected him to just show up with the ponytail.
Old 2021-02-13, 19:26   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Taking a bath with his girlfriend's father must be the most awkward thing Miyamura has ever done. Kyousuke really doesn't know about boundaries.

Miyamura looks good with his new haircut. It's not like Hori gave a damn about others thinking he didn't deserve her based solely on his looks, but it felt good to see him shut everyone's mouths.

I was pretty surprised when Sawada revealed she's actually into Hori and not Miyamura. I wonder how her character will be handled. Clearly not lightly, since she has a tragic backstory.

Hey, we finally saw one of Miyamura's parents. His mom seemed completely normal. I would have liked to know what she thinks about her son eating diner at a "friend"'s place every single day.
Old 2021-02-13, 19:59   Link #119
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hey, we finally saw one of Miyamura's parents. His mom seemed completely normal. I would have liked to know what she thinks about her son eating diner at a "friend"'s place every single day.
And voiced by Sayaka Ohara(?), continuing the trend of the parents getting A-list voices .

(It's also kind of funny she's playing Kouki Uchiyama's mom when she was Onodera's mom in Nisekoi ).
Old 2021-02-13, 20:26   Link #120
grecefar

It feels that the gag of bullying the dad is more serious than that...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote