AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-07, 20:27   Link #41
Wandering Soul

The first half definitely had me wondering if I was watching the wrong anime and wrapped me in. It sort of makes me wish the anime was focused on his original life.
Old 2022-10-08, 05:13   Link #42
nojay
Scanlator

Second episode PV is out - it looks like all of the Seven Shades will be introduced right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQONPyc0738

I don't know whether to be worried or not but this PV is labelled "ノーマルVer." or "Normal Version".
Old 2022-10-08, 06:22   Link #43
kari-no-sugata II

The normal PV is from Alpha's POV. The "special" PV is from the MC's perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmx__ythhQ
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 07:00   Link #44
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
The normal PV is from Alpha's POV. The "special" PV is from the MC's perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmx__ythhQ
Seeing this PV I'm wondering if we're going to get the one part of the story (manga only reader here) where an actual mob character gets any kind of recognition as collateral damage. The rest of the time the Good Guys and Bad Guys slaughter their way through herds of mooks without a care. This particular mook's back-story was different and somewhat disconcerting (no details to avoid spoilers).
Old 2022-10-08, 08:22   Link #45
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The first half definitely had me wondering if I was watching the wrong anime and wrapped me in. It sort of makes me wish the anime was focused on his original life.
Same, the fakeout did grab my attention. And now it makes me wonder how Nishino feels about his 'death' and whether she will grow out of that facade of hers.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 08:59   Link #46
moridin84
Custom User Title

The fakeout thing was pretty interesting, especially since it was just a random side story in the novels.

And combined with the PVs, it looks like the animation studio pretty is "into" the anime, which is normally a good sign.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 13:24   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Same, the fakeout did grab my attention. And now it makes me wonder how Nishino feels about his 'death' and whether she will grow out of that facade of hers.
Yeah, I kind of want to see more Akane...
Old 2022-10-08, 13:58   Link #48
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, I kind of want to see more Akane...
You'll forget about her soon enough.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 18:27   Link #49
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
That part with low level bad guys type, rapists & battle junkie is actually standard for Japanese story, as those kind of actions are seen as anti-social.
Even series like Naruto, Bleach, Air Gear, etc had same concept for bad guys (similar to how in majority of stories in the West, the Mother-in-law is always bad, or a Woman suddenly screaming without any reason in a scene).
If your only go to is something that's been done to death, then that just makes you unimaginative. There are plenty of other anti-social behaviors someone can get up to. Hell, kidnapping someone is already pretty anti-social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Last I read about this stereotype, the version 2.0 villain boasted that his blade is rinsed in deadly poison. After he licked his blade, he dropped dead immediately.
Now that I'd love to see.
Old 2022-10-08, 22:40   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
You'll forget about her soon enough.
Well, I am looking forward to getting to know the other ladies...but Yui Horie !
Old 2022-10-09, 00:13   Link #51
dark44

Didnt he die from lighting strike in the WN cause dying from truck seem stupid specially with his abilities
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 09:49   Link #52
James Rye

That's a... different start than in the manga I read. Like there he was just a crazy buff muscle chunni guy who really wanted magic and jumped into a coming truck with only a towel wrapped around his hips. And we seem to skip his whole childhood stuff in the Isekai as well? Or was that just a preview of what comes after his childhood?

Anyway, crazy MC is crazy, zero common sense, full blown 100% chunni, the kinda guy that ends up killing himself because he believes if he believes strong enough he can fly. Or in this case survive a nuke head-on. When he couldn't even survive a truck head-on, so much for that. xD

What I like most about this story is hopefully to come next but it already foreshadowed it with his "no idea what is good about it, but I felt like I have to say it" so I can't wait for the 2nd episode to fully establish the setting and show us that MC is in his own fantasy world in his head while it actually is very real for everyone else involved. xD

Oh yeah, Nishino and her kidnapping accident as a kid, I assume the cut means she did got raped before being freed by the cops, and as a teen was real rough, a far cry from the looooooooool explanation in the manga how MC got his Isekai reincarnation. And then he still randomly died due a truck, like what? Maybe Nishino gets kidnapped a third time, dies and reincarnates as well and is the end villain of it all? Otherwise I can't see why they gave her so much focus for the first episode when she was only a damsel in distress for MC to show off how cool his skills are.
Old 2022-10-12, 10:05   Link #53
Frontier

Kageno has now reincarnated in another world as...Cid (Final Fantasy reference?), where he has begun his journey to becoming the true Eminence in Shadow alongside Asami Seto as Alpha. Even if he's just having fun and thinks she's taking this way too seriously .

Kageno...Baron Kagenou...feels kind of fitting. Although poor Baron Kagenou, his wife (was that Mai Nakahara?) beats him up and his own daughter (Rina Hidaka owning being stoic and sassy gal as her new typecast effortlessly) doesn't respect him. I mean, Cid doesn't seem to dislike him at least .

By day Cid is a supporting character A, a humble boy training to be a Dark Knight but clearly outclassed by his older sister Claire, but by night he mercilessly savages bandits and uses them to test his newfound magic power and liquid slime suit, ostensibly to save a dead caravan but it seems like really just wanted the money as a true RPG protagonist .

Those Liquid Slime Suits seem really effective! They can change into any outfit, help protect you and be used as weapons/attacks, and it's preferred form is a skintight leather bodysuit for the ladies .

Only in an Isekai would a big, grotesque, and possessed glob of slime Cid just took to test on and never seriously considered restoring...would turn out to be a beautiful naked elf girl voiced by Asami Seto. Kind of giving me Raphtalia vibes .

Ohmigod...he totally came up with a completely fake backstory for Alpha about her being a descendant of a legendary hero and getting cursed by it, struggled to come up with the identity of the villain behind it, and when Alpha took him too seriously he came up with a name on the fly...that actually turned out to be accurate. And Alpha's so determined she ends up roping in a bunch of other girls into this too and Cid just takes it in stride. Sasuga Shadow-sama .

Claire seems to have an...interesting relationship with her brother. One moment she's stoic and standoffish towards him, and seems to think little of him for his lack of power (but finds him useful to train against...can she feel his killing intent when he imagines going all out against her?) but threaten one hair on his head and she'll go feral and promise to kill you and everyone you know and love. So, yeah, probably a brocon .

Oh hey, Inori Minase! Posing as a maid! I kind of wonder what Beta's deal is now. Oh, and hilariously the girl in glasses just goes along with where Cid says his sister is supposed to be even though he missed what he was planning to throw it at...and it turns out to be the exact place she was kidnapped too. And better yet, all the time Cid just thinks she's acting .

Shadow Garden is as deadly as they are beautiful! Especially Alpha .

They got Rikiya Koyama as the main leader here? Jeez, this show keeps flexing their VA budget .

Shadow kind of feels like Saitama where he just kind of wonders around or gets lost and someone stumbles into the main fight by complete accident. He didn't even realize he was fighting the boss .

I didn't expect the guy to have a tragic backstory...a daughter (who looked kind of like Yotsuba) who was seemingly cursed, and he had no one to turn to than the Cult of Diablo (?). I hope Millia's okay. Shadow pocketed the locket with her picture, so maybe we'll see her again? I kind of feel bad for the dad .

Well, Cid's sister is off, but at least he's got his Harem in Shadow Garden...except now they're leaving too. Huh. Are they off to gather all the other girls in the premier to expand their ranks ?

An Alpha focused ED sung by Asami Seto! And it's a fun theme as we complete the puzzle of underdressed Alpha! And it's quite the sight .
Old 2022-10-12, 12:50   Link #54
nojay
Scanlator

Two bottles = "Dia Bolus". So that's where he got the name.
Old 2022-10-12, 13:37   Link #55
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
By day Cid is a supporting character A, a humble boy training to be a Dark Knight but clearly outclassed by his older sister Claire, but by night he mercilessly savages bandits and uses them to test his newfound magic power and liquid slime suit, ostensibly to save a dead caravan but it seems like really just wanted the money as a true RPG protagonist .
Unfortunately this is one of the scenes that the anime cuts explanations. Cid was already used to using magic since he trained to control it since he was a baby, what he was doing there that night is testing the slime suit he took years to create.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 23:46   Link #56
Greenish Growth

Ep2:
Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 01:51   Link #57
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

That went fast with several timeskips. He already amassed probably everyone of his harem subordinates but only Alpha is the notable one coz of that demon blob part that marked the start of his reign as the Eminence of Shadow. We hardly know of everyone else. And I guess the sister is important too since she knows about his capabilities and probably a secret brocon, maybe. We also did see Cid grow up but it just went so fast. He's powerful, he's pretending to be mediocre, he lucks out on things that coincide with his roleplay like the secret hideout and intercepting the running enemy when he was actually lost and just found him by chance. Too much to take in with little room to accept it all. And now his harem is gonna leave him but not really. Maybe they want to train further or maybe expand the group without relying on him.
I mean, I enjoyed it but slow down a bit will you.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 03:29   Link #58
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kageno has now reincarnated in another world as...Cid (Final Fantasy reference?)
Its a pun.

Kageno Minoru -> kage no minoru -> shadow field / garden
Kageno Cid -> Kageno Shido -> kage no shido -> shadow guidance

Old 2022-10-13, 04:43   Link #59
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
That went fast with several timeskips. He already amassed probably everyone of his harem subordinates but only Alpha is the notable one coz of that demon blob part that marked the start of his reign as the Eminence of Shadow. We hardly know of everyone else. And I guess the sister is important too since she knows about his capabilities and probably a secret brocon, maybe. We also did see Cid grow up but it just went so fast. He's powerful, he's pretending to be mediocre, he lucks out on things that coincide with his roleplay like the secret hideout and intercepting the running enemy when he was actually lost and just found him by chance. Too much to take in with little room to accept it all. And now his harem is gonna leave him but not really. Maybe they want to train further or maybe expand the group without relying on him.
I mean, I enjoyed it but slow down a bit will you.
Yeah, I can't say I'm fond of "get instant harem" in any capacity. I'd much rather have one good developed char over time rather than getting a bunch of chars i have no attachment to. I didn't even get the chance to absorb the joke of telling elf girl the lie, and how that lie was cultivated. Reincarnated as as aristocrat assassin is my go-to example of how I'd like it done.

But as far as the action goes, it's solid. Just wish they fine-tune the pace

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 05:08   Link #60
Huh...?

The thing is, only 2 girls from Shadow Garden actively try to gain the favour (romantic) of MC.
The rest only see him as their Saviour and someone they respect (without romantic feeling).

Also, the pace of gathering of members seems to be similar to the Manga (we only learn backstory of few of them later on).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem