AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-17, 00:31   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 761 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Alrighty, there's a spoiler summary out, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Ope Ope Fruit". Ministory has Jinbei reading about a sea beast attack in the newspaper, as well as the discovery of some ancient ruins.

-Outside the palace, the marines are still attempting to quell the rioting caused by the Birdcage. VA Maynard receives news that the fight between Sabo and Fujitora ended in a stalemate, but he's skeptical of the report. Nonetheless, his main focus is to stop the chaos around the island. Among the scenes of carnage is a boy crying over his (apparently slain) parents......

-At the palace, Luffy is still struggling against Doflamingo's clone and the controlled Bellamy. During the fight, Law wonders how Doflamingo is able to utilize CP0's services if he's no longer officially recognized as a world noble. The warlord answers that it's because he came across a "national treasure"-level secret concerning the holy land Mariejois, which can impact the entire world....

-It looks like pirates were sent to kill Dofla to silence him about this secret, but they failed. Now the world nobles have no choice but to cooperate with him. He also says that the only thing he was unable to obtain was Law's Ope Ope fruit powers, which would help him control the world. As it turns out, that ability can grant people immortality, but at the cost of the user's own life...!!!

-At the end of the chapter, Law's flashback begins, and we're introduced to Corazon. It turns out he's a very clumsy person who's not only mute, but hates kids....

Huh, interesting. So Dofla basically has the world nobles by the balls, I see. Well, as shallow as his motives may be, his level of power and influence really can't be denied.....

Oh, and one more thing to mention:

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-09-18 at 19:36.
Old 2014-09-18, 01:46   Link #2
adriankhoo153

No chapter this week?? Hmmm
Old 2014-09-18, 01:57   Link #3
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

There's going to be a chapter this week (it's Naruto that's off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Okay I'm not 100% on this but this is what I believe is happening in Japan right now over Jump. The government is finally taking action over early releases and they are doing this by going to the source. By that I mean that issues of Jump are normally delivered to stores a few days ahead of the official release date which is Monday so they remain in stock. This is where the scans come from. By stopping or delaying these early deliveries they hope people will just buy the magazine rather then view free scans. All this means is that we will get scans on Mondays or Tuesdays instead of Wednesday/Thursday. Again I will repeat that I'm not 100% on this.
Old 2014-09-18, 02:18   Link #4
marvelB

Yes, there is indeed a chapter this week. It's NEXT WEEK when OP is on break. But in the meantime, the spoiler summary is out!
Old 2014-09-18, 06:54   Link #5
kiak666

Haha, Corazon's face resembles the Joker more than his brother (ironic, since that was suppose to be the latter's title). Apparently he's a mute and quite accident prone.
Old 2014-09-18, 07:49   Link #6
Baron-Zara

Awesome chap. I always felt Law's ability is HAX with how he can implant personalities and take hearts away but this just surpassed even that XD Eternal life :3

Why do I have a feeling Corazon had the Ope Ope fruit and used it on Law? Because here Law's saying he has 3 years to die and he hasn't died yet obviously so maybe Corazon used the eternal life ability on him?

Imagine Law being Immortal :P Well could explain why he didn't die after getting shot 3 times point blank ^^;

Corazon is different than what I imagined hehe. Clumsy as hell and child abuse to the max XD

Wondering what the national treasure is :O And the cover was interesting with the sea monsters attacking the port?
Old 2014-09-18, 09:52   Link #7
ronin myael
lost ronin

Is it just me or does Corazon dress a bit like Law? Well, as far as the jeans are concerned anyway. They seem to be wearing the same style of jeans.
Old 2014-09-18, 10:37   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the plot hole is going to be handled now... Law's past revelation
hopefully not too long.. I have enough flashbacks
Corazon also resembled Bellamy
Old 2014-09-18, 11:05   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
Why do I have a feeling Corazon had the Ope Ope fruit and used it on Law? Because here Law's saying he has 3 years to die and he hasn't died yet obviously so maybe Corazon used the eternal life ability on him?

Imagine Law being Immortal :P Well could explain why he didn't die after getting shot 3 times point blank ^^;
I feel like this has to be the case. should be a cool backstory. I'm looking forward to it
Old 2014-09-18, 11:33   Link #10
Vree

Doflamino = Corazon via Room Fruit transplant?
Old 2014-09-18, 15:19   Link #11
Best_name_ever

Well, based on today's chapter (the translation was a little off) there are a few revelations that we learned today:

1) Law's devil fruit powers: It's true potential to grant "Eternal Life"
2) The technique to grant Eternal Life: Perennial Youth Operation!!!! However once used, the fruit user will die.
3) Doflamingo talks about an important "National Treasure" that it's existence itself will shake the entire World!!!!!!
4) Doflamingo talks about being able to use the "National Treasure" along with taking possession of the Ope-Ope-no-mi
5) The appearance of Corazon
6) Corazon not being able to speak because of "shocking accident he had in the past"

Well, this is a surprise. Eternal Life huh. I can see why the Celestial Dragons (Past and Current) and now Doflamingo Donquixote is so interested in obtaining the Ope-Ope-no-Mi!!!!!!!!!

The technique to grant Eternal Life: "Perennial Youth Operation"

Now let's get something straight here. I noticed I few people here misunderstood something with this chapter. Eternal Life and Eternal Youth are 2 different things here.

Eternal Life means in simple terms means that - is the concept of someone living "eternally" meaning "forever" and that the person is immune to death. Hence the term "Immortal".

Eternal Youth - is the concept of human physical immortality free of aging. The youth referred to is usually meant to be in contrast to the depredations of aging, rather than a specific age of the human lifespan.

Trafalgar Law used the term "Eternal Life"

I DO NOT believe that Trafalgar Law is IMMORTAL like others have posted here though.

Otherwise, Trafalgar Law wouldn't be worried about death to begin with like when Doflamingo was trying to kill him before. Besides, Law said that he has no interest in that "subject" all together:

http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/vTBD/c761/11.html - Top panel

And as a result, I do not believe that Corazon used that "technique" on Law to save his life. I think Corazon saved Law from "his health problem" but that is all. Nothing beyond that such as using eternal life.

Conclusion: If Corazon was the original fruit user of the Ope-Ope-no-Mi, then it is possible that Doflamingo wanted his younger brother to use that technique "Perennial Youth Operation" on him so that Doflamingo could be become IMMORTAL at last.

But instead, things went haywire and as a result, it was not going according to Doflamingo plans. OR something like that.

In regards to the National Treasure.......I do not think it is anything related to the "One Piece" treasure". Why???? Because the "One Piece" is no ordinary treasure. In fact, it is a taboo for the World Government and Celestial Dragons. A "Taboo" that can expose and destroy the the image of the WG and distort the balance of everything that was cultivated for 900 years now.

This "National Treasure" also important, can be used to rule the ENTIRE WORLD according to Doflamingo. And remember......Doflamingo has NO INTEREST IN BECOMING JUST A "PIRATE KING" ........I think. Correct me if I'm wrong on this subject.

Besides, anything about "One Piece" is to early to mention right now in the New World. Oda will save that for another time.

The National Treasure is something else entirely. I don't even think it's an Ancient Weapon but the possibility is there to say the least.

Great chapter though.
Old 2014-09-18, 19:42   Link #12
marvelB

Lord almighty, are those early bird translations particularly awful this week. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were machine-translated.....

Anyways, I actually like Corazon's design. Sorta looks Jojo-esque, heh. I also like that clumsy quirk of his (love how he set himself on fire like that! ). I also liked seeing Baby-5 and Buffalo as kids, too. Makes me hope that Oda draws the rest of Dofla's crew as kids in a future SBS (I'd love to see how the executives looked when they were wee tots). Anyways, I wonder if Law came to befriend Corazon by curing either his muteness or clumsiness.....?
Old 2014-09-18, 19:47   Link #13
adriankhoo153

Somehow I think the national treasure could be ancient weapon.
So cute seeing Baby5 and Buffalo playing trick on Carazon. lol
Old 2014-09-18, 20:30   Link #14
marvelB

As far as that national treasure goes..... while I'm unsure if it's an ancient weapon, I'm about 99.9% certain that it's connected to the lost century somehow. Maybe Doflamingo figured out just what exactly the One Piece is supposed to be....?

Also, about the immortality thing: I have the feeling that the Ope Ope fruit isn't the only DF ability that can grant immortality. I think there's a very strong possibility that Jewelry Bonney's aging powers can grant a similar effect, as well. At least, I feel that would explain Akainu's reaction when he captured her before the timeskip (saying he felt a chill up his spine when he learned of her escape), as her ability would be considered extremely valuable to the WG.....
Old 2014-09-18, 22:39   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as that national treasure goes..... while I'm unsure if it's an ancient weapon, I'm about 99.9% certain that it's connected to the lost century somehow. Maybe Doflamingo figured out just what exactly the One Piece is supposed to be....
it could be anything of course, but i as i read it, i pictured him meaning one piece. perhaps this encounter will serve as a major stepping stone to luffy getting there himself
Old 2014-09-19, 01:19   Link #16
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Somehow I think the national treasure could be ancient weapon.
So cute seeing Baby5 and Buffalo playing trick on Carazon. lol
I think the National Treasure might be the Lost Century and the meaning of The D.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-09-19, 03:17   Link #17
The Small One

Somehow I was a bit confused about the first few pages of the chapter.
Did Doflamingo create a new string clone? When did that happen?

I wonder what kind of secret Doffy knows about the Celestial Dragons. What can it be, that threatens them this much? They basically can do with the world like they please anyways, without anyone standing up to them.
But come to think of it: What would his defeat mean for the reputation of the Straw Hats and Law? If Doflamingo is the World Nobles' most hated enemy, than defeating him (without gaining knowledge of the secret he knows) should make them love the Luffy-Law-alliance. Maybe they will get some sort of amnesty…
Old 2014-09-19, 09:36   Link #18
Slayerx

The secret is probably a powerful person or something; though given Shirahoshi that wouldn't rule out an ancient weapon. When Doffy mentioned how Law's fruit could allow him to harnass the power of that secret for himself, he specifically mentioned that ability to move around personalities. Doffy could switch minds with that secret person and thus gain their power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Lord almighty, are those early bird translations particularly awful this week.
Oh ya, I waited an extra day just to wait for a better translation. That early translation was so horrible that I couldn't even get past the third page (those marines were just making no sense at all)
A much better translation is out now

Quote:
Did Doflamingo create a new string clone? When did that happen?
He made one at the very beginning of the fight. Clone fought law, Bellemy fought luffy, and Mingo chilled in his chair. He never dispelled his clone.
Old 2014-09-19, 12:03   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder what kind of secret Doffy knows about the Celestial Dragons. What can it be, that threatens them this much? They basically can do with the world like they please anyways, without anyone standing up to them.

Dofla specifically says that the mere existence of this secret treasure can turn the whole world upside-down if knowledge of it were to leak to the outside. And it's clear that the nobles' powers AREN'T absolute in this matter since they had no choice but to cooperate with Dofla after failed assassination attempts. Simply put, it's clearly implied that the WG are screwed BIG-TIME if Dofla decides to leak this taboo knowledge.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But come to think of it: What would his defeat mean for the reputation of the Straw Hats and Law? If Doflamingo is the World Nobles' most hated enemy, than defeating him (without gaining knowledge of the secret he knows) should make them love the Luffy-Law-alliance. Maybe they will get some sort of amnesty…

Strongly doubt this. Related to the above, but they'd be extremely wary of these guys since there's a chance that Dofla could have spilled Mariejois' secret to them. And since Luffy and Law are sorta kinda still considered rookies to some extent, I very much doubt that the WG will spare no less effort to silence them than they did with Doflamingo.....
Old 2014-09-19, 14:24   Link #20
Best_name_ever

As for the National Treasure, I believe something of a political influence that the Celestial Dragons and World Government have been using in their favor so far from the One Piece world. However, is it something cruel and evil perhaps?? Most likely yes. Considering how it involves the Celestial Dragons, it should be at the very least.

I do not believe it has something to do with the "One Piece Treasure" because the "One Piece" treasure "from the World Government's" perspective at least (in my humble opinion) has becoming some what of a "taboo". The words "One Piece" can even be classified as a "taboo". Same goes for the "Will of D".

I don't think that would classify as a treasure for the Celestial Dragons or World Government of wanting to use........when in reality......it is something that they would just want to destroy or hide it at least when it comes to the "One Piece" treasure that is.

But still.....this national treasure......it obviously is important.......and according to Doflamingo, he planned to use this "Royal Treasure" or "National Treasure" with the Ope-Ope-no-Mi!!!!!

The question is.......how does this "Royal Treasure" and the "Ope-Ope-no-Mi" relate to another?????

Any theories on that. Comments.

Last edited by Best_name_ever; 2014-09-19 at 17:48. Reason: Please don't post the entire chapter since One Piece is LICENSED (forum rule 1.1). Reread the opening post...
Closed Thread