AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-02, 06:27   Link #21
stellarroze

You can read it on NanoDesu now: http://fuyuugakuenthetranslation.wordpress.com/ ^^
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 17:33   Link #22
Mars Mode

I am looking forward to seeing how does he use his power, it seems as though it could incredible op. And seeing if I like the characters more.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 08:46   Link #23
ZeKeR
Superbad

so literally he can make stuff he needs to see and feel in order for it to be replicated.... GIVE HIM EPIC LEVEL WEAPONS.
Old 2014-02-06, 10:14   Link #24
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Just to be sure: Is this a honest-to-god, balls-to-the-wall-hotblooded-to-the-point-of-boiling-level shonen action series with a weird love of pastries or.. a mostly supernatural SOL comedy with a bit of action + harem hijinks on the side? If it's the latter do the female leads fight in the MCs place or is the "combat" in the form of cooking competitions(broken op power if so, JS). If the former, how does he fight...? Does he just summon the bunny in some kind of super bloodthirsty mode with a scythe and/or chainsaw?
(It sounds interesting enough so either way I'm going to read it but I'd just like to know what I'm getting into)
(The bunny would dual-wield)

Last edited by Libros; 2014-02-06 at 12:13.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 06:06   Link #25
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Just to be sure: Is this a honest-to-god, balls-to-the-wall-hotblooded-to-the-point-of-boiling-level shonen action series with a weird love of pastries or.. a mostly supernatural SOL comedy with a bit of action + harem hijinks on the side? If it's the latter do the female leads fight in the MCs place or is the "combat" in the form of cooking competitions(broken op power if so, JS). If the former, how does he fight...? Does he just summon the bunny in some kind of super bloodthirsty mode with a scythe and/or chainsaw?
(It sounds interesting enough so either way I'm going to read it but I'd just like to know what I'm getting into)
(The bunny would dual-wield)
It's not a shonen and doesn't seem to be a harem too. It's a little hard to slap a genre on it, but it's action + sci-fi + superpower battle. So far Alice and Shirley have been doing most of the fighting with their Dialect and Masaki without.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:40   Link #26
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
It's not a shonen and doesn't seem to be a harem too. It's a little hard to slap a genre on it, but it's action + sci-fi + superpower battle. So far Alice and Shirley have been doing most of the fighting with their Dialect and Masaki without.
Ok cool that sounds interesting. Thanks for translating this, I'd never have thought something like this even existed.
Old 2014-04-30, 13:41   Link #27
stellarroze

Volume 1 is completed on ND - http://fuyuugakuenthetranslation.wor....com/volume-1/ .

Volume 2 is going to focus more on Shirley and Koori, one of the Breaker supporters. I haven't heard anything about when Volume 3 is coming out so I hope it hasn't been axed D:
Old 2014-04-30, 20:28   Link #28
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
Volume 1 is completed on ND - http://fuyuugakuenthetranslation.wor....com/volume-1/ .

Volume 2 is going to focus more on Shirley and Koori, one of the Breaker supporters. I haven't heard anything about when Volume 3 is coming out so I hope it hasn't been axed D:
Wooohooo,, thanks for finishing volume 1...
Looking forward to volume 2,

Wait a minute volume 3 hasn't been released yet??
IIRC, volume 2 was released nearly a year ago..
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 23:23   Link #29
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Read the first two chapters, I get the feeling of the novel being a mixed of stuff I have read in the past.

Spoiler for might contain spoilers on ch1+2:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 11:00   Link #30
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Read the first two chapters, I get the feeling of the novel being a mixed of stuff I have read in the past.

Spoiler for might contain spoilers on ch1+2:
Carry on reading, Fuyuu Gakuen definitely isn't the epitome of typical light novels XD.
Old 2014-05-20, 18:19   Link #31
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for random thoughts on rest of the novel:

Spoiler for overall impression:

Spoiler for On Alice:

Also thanks for TLing this stellar.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2014-05-20 at 19:10.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 19:18   Link #32
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for random thoughts on rest of the novel:

Spoiler for overall impression:
Regarding the overall impression:

Volume 1 felt very much like an introduction to the series, that has a lot of potential. I'm hoping that in Volume 2 we find out more about the guys who were in the intermissions and get more information about the background.

Chapter 5 could have been done better...It felt kinda rushed but I did enjoy reading it.

The fights probably felt shounenish since Alice and Shirley are kinda OP already and they keep on saving Masaki XD But I liked the fact that Masaki knew how to fight without his Dialect.

The fan-service isn't that bad compared to other novels, but translating the prologue of Volume 2 was kinda awkward

---

From what I've read of Volume 2 so far, it seems like it's focusing on Shirley and one of the minor character of Volume 1 - Koori. We're also getting more information about the world and the intermission people are returning.

Tags
harem