AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-07-28, 22:24   Link #54181
demino_hellsin
That one guy

you're merely talking about direct combat Meister. I'm talking about people looking down on IS as a waste of money at worst and at best, a skeptic acceptance for potential. How much would it change the playing field when ISA students aren't so much set for the good life due to their connections to IS but instead they are chosen to be a test run of sorts for integration of IS into much larger military forces.

I think it would change the social, political landscape and it would also change how the characters interact for the better... at least for the readers.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 22:30   Link #54182
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
you're merely talking about direct combat Meister. I'm talking about people looking down on IS as a waste of money at worst and at best, a skeptic acceptance for potential. How much would it change the playing field when ISA students aren't so much set for the good life due to their connections to IS but instead they are chosen to be a test run of sorts for integration of IS into much larger military forces.
Isn't that you know, pre-Mark 0? When Tabane first introduced the technology? No one even thought it would be good or possible. If White Knight didn't happen, IS would just stay as it is, in the background, maybe turned into a space exploration tool, and slow slow progress thereafter.

White Knight changed everything. Because you know, expending the missile shields of multiple countries around China, Russia and Korea and heavily damage the US air fleet would create instant war. North will move South, Russia will suddenly smash into Europe, China will claim Taiwan and Japan would be having to work with a toothless America against all that chaos.

And while you are recovering from that, ASEAN suddenly implodes as Islamic terrorists get their hands on weapons they should not have. The US rallies into that new war front, suffers a backlash in the polls for being slow to react twice, a nuclear bomb goes off in Chicago and the Republicans take over.

Once everyone looks inward, Afrika goes to hell...

After a while, you mop that up. By then, you're left with a scarred region, the new EU, Russia, China, Korea, ASEAN and the Alaska Treaty.

(shameless fic plug)
Old 2014-07-28, 22:36   Link #54183
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but if somebody did and fund it and say "sure. I'm not sure where but let's see where this goes."

this puts IS on track but not on a pedestal. White Knight Incident happens and someone actually gets lucky shots that force White Knight to retreat and give the world a pyrrhic victory but only having certain countries lose more forces than others. This forces rebuilding of military forces with some taking the IS seriously while others do not.
Old 2014-07-28, 22:38   Link #54184
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
but if somebody did and fund it and say "sure. I'm not sure where but let's see where this goes."

this puts IS on track but not on a pedestal. White Knight Incident happens and someone actually gets lucky shots that force White Knight to retreat and give the world a pyrrhic victory but only having certain countries lose more forces than others. This forces rebuilding of military forces with some taking the IS seriously while others do not.
YES. That would change EVERYTHING. No war, no white knight, progress plods along and we don't have this massive shift in 20 years from 2010.

It would NEVER have led to the acceptance of child soldiers, the ISA, but instead remain a purely military device. Instead, if the choice of Steins'Gate remains, then Ichika and the girls will only be reunited later in life, as pilots of the new weapon rather than high school hijinks.

(MuvLuv Alternative )
Old 2014-07-28, 22:47   Link #54185
demino_hellsin
That one guy

imagine being a teen selected for intensive training of a highly technical superweapon because it requires you to learn from an early age and years to master. each country sends in its own representative not for Mondo Grosso but to learn more about the IS with joint military exercise programs as the excuse.

Japan and america spearhead the initiative because their military took the biggest hits and therefore take IS seriously. Germany continues to invest in its supersoldier program, France's premiere weapons manufacturer Dunois send in a deniable asset to keep tabs on the IS. England's fallen nobility volunteers for the task to restore family honor and gain the advantage to retake her family fortune from money grubbing relatives.

think of ISA not as military induction but more of a strictly military academy for secondary education. they will never be called into combat... unless the country requires reserves after being invadedby foreign forces.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-07-28 at 23:34.
Old 2014-07-28, 23:08   Link #54186
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Isn't that you know, pre-Mark 0? When Tabane first introduced the technology? No one even thought it would be good or possible. If White Knight didn't happen, IS would just stay as it is, in the background, maybe turned into a space exploration tool, and slow slow progress thereafter.

White Knight changed everything. Because you know, expending the missile shields of multiple countries around China, Russia and Korea and heavily damage the US air fleet would create instant war. North will move South, Russia will suddenly smash into Europe, China will claim Taiwan and Japan would be having to work with a toothless America against all that chaos.

And while you are recovering from that, ASEAN suddenly implodes as Islamic terrorists get their hands on weapons they should not have. The US rallies into that new war front, suffers a backlash in the polls for being slow to react twice, a nuclear bomb goes off in Chicago and the Republicans take over.

Once everyone looks inward, Afrika goes to hell...

After a while, you mop that up. By then, you're left with a scarred region, the new EU, Russia, China, Korea, ASEAN and the Alaska Treaty.

(shameless fic plug)
You gave me an idea for a future fanfic. One that takes place in a war filled world due to the IS. WW3
A female pilot sent back in time by Tabane Shononono with one mission. Destroy every IS to prevent the future destruction of the Earth,
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 01:47   Link #54187
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@coco that sounds like muvluv.

For me, world war 3 and 4 happened. The one Japan remembers most is the first one, when the White Knight incident destabilized the region into open war, ending only with Putin's assassination and the glassing of the whole Korean peninsula (this was from saintessheart's fanon).

Ichika refers to the 2nd war in the novel briefly. I expanded on it, this one sparked by the Caliphate in Indonesia and pretty much is the entire story of Vandam O.

Vandam I while written first is technically the sequel that connects these 2 wars to Ichika's entry to ISA and the status of the world then.

Interesting thoughts aren't they?

My greatest snicker comes from realizing that this crap world came about because people ignored the wrong rabbit.
Old 2014-07-29, 05:57   Link #54188
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

>mfw don't care much about changing the political atmosphere in I.S.

Feels nice
Old 2014-07-29, 08:07   Link #54189
Eratas123

What do you mean, Senpai?
Old 2014-07-29, 09:19   Link #54190
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I suck at crafting background setting, so I tend to gloss over the big picture and focus on a very small set of cast to give insight about the world through their differing perspective.
Old 2014-07-29, 09:25   Link #54191
Eratas123

Makes sense. What's interesting to see if Values Dissonance and the reactions to it. Hetalia did a segment on Japan and America that made a rather funny comparison and contrast of cultural and government values.
Old 2014-07-29, 19:10   Link #54192
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
>mfw don't care much about changing the political atmosphere in I.S.

Feels nice
In contrast I'm bad at the character level, most of the time I need the world around her and a list of unused character traits sorted before I start. I've experimented with rolling dice, that's how I came up with the goth steampunk doumyoji 6th Ranger of Uchikenger. Most of the time I take someone else's work and incorporate it. Ie fanfics.

You can also see that apart from Vulkan, karon, max and the DART soldiers, most of Vandam cast were borrowed and modified from other authors. Which I think it's fun, trying to fit everyone's stories into one roof.
Old 2014-07-31, 06:46   Link #54193
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay, fess up! Which one of you guys plays Gundam Duel Company? I see a Very Obvious Cecilia and a Laura fan in this bunch!!! And don't you DARE say that you've got a fic idea about integrating IS with Web Browser Card Games!!!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 08:17   Link #54194
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mixing up too many things... Now I couldn't even start to write another IS fic without confusing what kind of Ichika do I want. Incorporate too many images in my head.

(On a side note, Chapter 1 of the Blazblue fanfic for those interested. Not that great.)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 20:38   Link #54195
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Okay, fess up! Which one of you guys plays Gundam Duel Company? I see a Very Obvious Cecilia and a Laura fan in this bunch!!! And don't you DARE say that you've got a fic idea about integrating IS with Web Browser Card Games!!!
Ive mixed gundam and IS, then a card game and IS.

Perhaps I should do both at once.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:50   Link #54196
OHIMESAMA

Planning to write an IS fanfic but have no idea what to write.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 22:55   Link #54197
I'm-here-present

Why don't you try using that past idea you have been thinking about, that crossover between Date A Live.

The first chapter you sent me through Docx fanfiction is pretty good.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 22:57   Link #54198
OHIMESAMA

Well I guess... I still have to read the Date A Live LN and IS again.

Anyway what about you? Even though IS is pretty much stagnant you still muster up good chapters for Truth Be Told. How do you do it?
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:04   Link #54199
I'm-here-present

I'm stubborn.

I still like IS no matter what. I don't get tired of it.

I kinda got hooked by listening on the Drama CD of IS from Rapidswitch and the manga there is good too and the World Purge this November. Guess that keeps my liking for IS alive.
About my fic, I don't really have any problems about it like not knowing what to do, because I already have the coming events listed down.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:10   Link #54200
Ignition Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
I'm stubborn.

I still like IS no matter what. I don't get tired of it.

I kinda got hooked by listening on the Drama CD of IS from Rapidswitch and the manga there is good too and the World Purge this November. Guess that keeps my liking for IS alive.
About my fic, I don't really have any problems about it like not knowing what to do, because I already have the coming events listed down.
As expected of the author of longest running story of the IS fandom in Fanfiction. I hope I get some of your stubborness too when writing my fic
You are already close to a million words with your fic already.

Anyway ideas about IS units? I'm stumped for my OC IS fic.
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest