AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2019-01-31, 18:04   Link #1
Pale Rider
The Silent killer of GGO

Manga recommendations needed (Fantasy or Romance)

I don't know if it's alright to ask about manga on an anime centred forum but it should be fine, right? I feel like every manga I've read either has really slow progression, loses quality drastically by creating pointless drama or has a trash ending.

I'm looking for manga either Fantasy or Romance genre. More specifically if you go down the fantasy root I want a protagonist that isn't a coward or a beta male who nuts at the touch of a woman and who becomes ridiculously powerful eventually. As for romance I'd prefer if they don't beat around the bush too much and actually get together fairly soon into the manga rather than it being a game of "flirt until the penultimate chapter". I've not read many manga so don't worry about recommending one i've already read.
Pale Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 18:22   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend To Your Eternity, although I suppose it may hit a few of your red lines depending on how you look at it.

But it's pretty much the best fantasy manga I've come across thus far and I've waded through a lot of shit. It's from the same writer of A Silent Voice.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 01:29   Link #3
TrueHistoria

This is not a manga, but a book which hits most of your req's.

Title: Forgotten Conqueror

Author: Za1d3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Dark, Drama, Fantasy, Magic, School Life, Supernatural

Tags: Academy, Anti-hero Protagonist, Appearance Different From Actual Age, Aristocracy, Arranged Marriage, Arrogant Characters, Assassins, Average-looking Protagonist, Books, Bullying, Calm Protagonist, Caring Protagonist, Child Protagonist, Cold Protagonist, Cunning Protagonist, Death, Depictions Of Cruelty, Discrimination, Fearless Protagonist, Hiding True Abilities, Hiding True Identity, Male Protagonist, Mature Protagonist, Mysterious Past, Overpowered Protagonist, Prostitutes, Protagonist Strong From The Start, Reincarnation, Ruthless Protagonist, Secret Identity, Torture, Wizards

Read

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Spoiler for Main Protagonist's Characteristics:

Spoiler for Some Parts Of My Review Re: Main Protagonist:
"I am the echoes of those who had been slain by the metal of injustice. I am the shadows of men long silenced and hidden from the light. I am he who rides the black winds of carnage. I am death himself. Prepare yourself, for when next we speak, it will be face to face. And you will know that your death has come."

Cold eyes, carrying frozen death. Hair of deep silver, more radiant than moon glow. Body of pure evil, a darkness that dims even the golden sun. Awful and terrifying, is its presence on the fields of blood upon which it visits. Like a wraith shrouded in death and decay, it stands alone and absolute.

- FC

Last edited by TrueHistoria; 2019-03-07 at 01:39.
TrueHistoria is offline   Reply With Quote