AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 17:24   Link #361
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I found the page where Sasuke is level 2.

Spoiler for This is a Glamour "Don't":

Last edited by MidoriShinobi; 2004-09-14 at 17:44.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:35   Link #362
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
When u say "your Taijutsu" do you mean a style of fighting or your style of fighting? I ask because fients and decieves are part of any martial art. Just because you know it exists doesn't mean u know when your oppenent will use them. But if you mean a personal fighting style then yeah it would be useless.

Then again as long as i've been reading naruto he never gets too tricky with his attacks, so its kinda a moot point.
I meant your fighting style, that's why I used this word

People don't fight exactly the same way even if they're from the same style.
Maybe a Sharingan user could 'decode' faster a fighting style if he saw someone else using the same fighting style before but how many time does it need to see through a Taijutsu anyways?

For Gen and Ninjutsu it seems instantaneous but Taijutsu could be a little more complicated.
Now if Sasuke needed a certain amount of time to predict the moves of Haku when he awakened the Sharingan, he didn't seem to need time for that against Gaara half transformed.

And at the moment he gained the full Sharingan he was able to see through Naruto's moves instantaneously.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:39   Link #363
gibits
Endless

Being able to read a person's personal offensive style without acucally fighting them sounds very farfetched so i just reread the last ch just to be sure, it seems that Sasuke dogded Naruto's attack (a left jab) way before it him. This hints that it is a calculated prediction. That or it reads movement after during the commiting step of an attack were forward momentum prohibits you for withdrawing an attack (and thus fient and decieve).

The second explanation sounds a bit too complex for a simple manga but stranger things have happened.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:44   Link #364
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Being able to read a person's personal offensive style without acucally fighting them sounds very farfetched so i just reread the last ch just to be sure, it seems that Sasuke dogded Naruto's attack (a left jab) way before it him. This hints that it is a calculated prediction. That or it reads movement after during the commiting step of an attack were forward momentum prohibits you for withdrawing an attack (and thus fient and decieve).

The second explanation sounds a bit too complex for a simple manga but stranger things have happened.
-----

sharingan, can see through how naruto wants to attack. like oh he plans to hit on the left side or right side, with his hands or legs. thats what i understood from this chapter. having an oppenent that looks through what u are planning to do is definetely troublesome.
but i think naruto, if the author were to ever decide to let him fight with strategy than power, i think naruto can do it. kage buushin is definetely the way to do it. he doesn't need to create a whole lot of them just enough so that sasuke has to keep track of everyone one of them. also, it will have to depend on naruto to think 3 or 4 steps ahead of sasuke's sharingan can predict. like keep sasuke's attention focused on as many clones as possible while the real attack is somewhere away from sasuke's rage of vision. unlike the byakugan that can basically have all round vision, the sharingan doesn't have it. also, of course sasuke has his katon jutsu that can defeat kage buushin, but we have seen that using kyubi power can pretty much nullify katon.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:46   Link #365
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
It would seem that Sasuke see's everything a lot slower which allows him to react quicker... I remember watching this show about the eye, and it said that when they studied baseball players, they didn't watch the ball all the way till it hit the bat, they followed it from the pitchers hand and then for a few meters then predicted where it would go by instinct and swing in the predicted place to hit the ball.

It's probably the same princable's... Sasuke see's the weight change of the person he's fighting, see's where his arm is, thinks "ah, hes obviously striking with that arm" then the arm moves for the strike, weight changing in the feet, and he avoids it easily as long as he can see the move being done. It's simple with Naruto's attacks seeing as they are pretty basic, throwing himself with his fist first, easy stuff to predict if you can react quick enough and see it coming.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:54   Link #366
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

i have one thing to say ladies

spoiler for 231
Spoiler:

looks sexy
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:00   Link #367
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
i have one thing to say ladies

spoiler for 231
Spoiler:

looks sexy
Please tell me that u just didn't severly spoil what is to happen in chapter 231. Isn't also fact that the shonen jump in japan comes out on wednesdays.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:01   Link #368
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
It would seem that Sasuke see's everything a lot slower which allows him to react quicker... I remember watching this show about the eye, and it said that when they studied baseball players, they didn't watch the ball all the way till it hit the bat, they followed it from the pitchers hand and then for a few meters then predicted where it would go by instinct and swing in the predicted place to hit the ball.

It's probably the same princable's... Sasuke see's the weight change of the person he's fighting, see's where his arm is, thinks "ah, hes obviously striking with that arm" then the arm moves for the strike, weight changing in the feet, and he avoids it easily as long as he can see the move being done. It's simple with Naruto's attacks seeing as they are pretty basic, throwing himself with his fist first, easy stuff to predict if you can react quick enough and see it coming.
I can agree with that, it reminds me of an interview Slam did with Jason Kidd and the Nets. They asked his teammates why Kidd was such a great passer, they told the interveiwer that Kidd was able see where they were going to open and get the ball to them at that nanosecond and that spot.

But we can't really answer this question till naruto get more tricky with his offense. I also assume that things aren't moving slower to sasuke, but he can see where future fames (highest propalbily) and react b4 they come. So with naruto powering up even more the "lag" in frames will be smaller giving sasuke less time to react.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:04   Link #369
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
omgwtfbbq! That isn't an official picture. Its from a doujinshi!!
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:06   Link #370
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki

when sasuke has a premature sharingan i would agree thats how he would do it. i always believed that it jsut slowed down the motion of the person so it can react to it if he body if fast enough. now it seem like his sharingan shows the next movement of the person so even if your body cant keep up (which right now it cant) having a pretty good prediction on where he is going to be b4 he gets there is allowing sasuke to dodge and counter unlike b4. also now that im thinking about it it could be how the sharigan is able to copy a jutsu as it is being done too.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:10   Link #371
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Please tell me that u just didn't severly spoil what is to happen in chapter 231. Isn't also fact that the shonen jump in japan comes out on wednesdays.

i heard it came out early because of holidays
Old 2004-09-14, 18:21   Link #372
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

To see in slow motion wouldn't help at all to avoid an attack, that doesn't change your reaction time and if you start to react when you saw the attack starting to come whereas your opponent is faster than you, then you will never avoid the blow.

As the last chapter definitively showed, the Sharingan allows to see the attack slightly before it happens, ie precisely what predicting is.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:41   Link #373
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Spoiler:

Somewhat clearer :P
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:47   Link #374
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Spoiler:

Somewhat clearer :P

you should mark it as a spoiler for 231, before someone clicks it and melts into oblivion
Old 2004-09-14, 18:50   Link #375
OMchan
オムちゃん

People must be really lazy to not go a page back to page 18.

Spoiler for Sasuke's face :P:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 18:54   Link #376
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
People must be really lazy to not go a page back to page 18. XD

Spoiler for Sasuke's face :P:

oops, yeah, guess i should have checked, im so lazy
Old 2004-09-14, 19:01   Link #377
wb_hicks

what is sasuke saying in that pic anyway
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 19:02   Link #378
Kurono
Jounin

Send a message via ICQ to Kurono
He says "I'm more special than you"
Kurono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 19:03   Link #379
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
what is sasuke saying in that pic anyway
He is saying "I can see that speed!"

Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 19:04   Link #380
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurono
He says "I'm more special than you"
If that is really what he is saying he is more arrogant than I ever thought possible....
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote