2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-01, 18:10   Link #161
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
How is it bad writing it realistic. Are U willing to trust a young solider with unknown power who can't control it with 100%. And this is a fight for the survival of everyone in the wall and death is to be expected. U say he a bad leader but thanks to him 30% death rate is the lowest for the legion. And yeah u can say they should have done this or do that AFTER everything was done and the plan didn't work. It always easy to say stuff and what should be done after the event had occur. But when at that critical situation do you have the guts or courage to make the decision or plan. Irwin choose to let100 of his men died in the hope of victory for all of humanity. And he failed but he was willing to do it. The people in the military police might blame him but he did what he thought was beat unlikely those who sit in the wall and pretend it safe he is risking his life too to win. And yes few recruitment and lot of death that why most likely they have the fewest solider in all 3 branch. So stop saying he made a mistake. Yes he did in hindsight but in life you do make mistake and u have to live with them. But he was willing to do that would u have been able to? Or sit at home and cry and pray titan don't enter your home?
I've already said that my problem is mostly that Erwin's strategy allowed too many people to die unnecessarily. If I was a military commander, I'd make a big deal of protecting my companions' lives, not only out of humanity, but because I know that they will trust me and be loyal to me depending on how well I am able to take care of them. Most importantly, this did not have to happen: it happened because the writer likes to kill off lots of characters to make things more dramatic. That's it. This is not about what the reality of war is and all that stuff, war in reality isn't fought against 15 m tall man-eating monsters. It's an anime and I read it as such, and I'm just saying I don't find it engaging because no matter what they do, people dies anyway. They die so much it doesn't have an effect anymore. The only one who doesn't die is Eren (despite being the less skilled of the bunch).

Attack on Titan isn't terribly written for now... I just see it as not being thoroughly well thought out. Which could become very bad later. Just a bad feeling.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:33   Link #162
BakaOppai

BakaOppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:09   Link #163
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I've already said that my problem is mostly that Erwin's strategy allowed too many people to die unnecessarily. If I was a military commander, I'd make a big deal of protecting my companions' lives, not only out of humanity, but because I know that they will trust me and be loyal to me depending on how well I am able to take care of them. Most importantly, this did not have to happen: it happened because the writer likes to kill off lots of characters to make things more dramatic. That's it. This is not about what the reality of war is and all that stuff, war in reality isn't fought against 15 m tall man-eating monsters. It's an anime and I read it as such, and I'm just saying I don't find it engaging because no matter what they do, people dies anyway. They die so much it doesn't have an effect anymore. The only one who doesn't die is Eren (despite being the less skilled of the bunch).

Attack on Titan isn't terribly written for now... I just see it as not being thoroughly well thought out. Which could become very bad later. Just a bad feeling.
Erwin didn't have much of choice here. He's fighting an enemy that can be almost anyone at anytime who routinely sabotage all attempts for any sort of human victory. Yes his decision risky, but also the best course of action given the stakes here in the war. He's strategy was sold and for all intents was working. It's not as if he's sacrificing soldiers for hell of it, however he cannot predict every possible scenario, he'e still only human. You also have accept that will people die this series sometimes, it is a war afterall.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:13   Link #164
Byakou

Holy shit just watched it this anime is always so good. Why can't they make more anime like this instead of the same rehashed crap we see every season.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:16   Link #165
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:

I disagree that it's not well thought out, in fact in the previous episode Armin already have an answer to you: "It's easy to say that the strategy isn't good after the fact, but no one knows what the result will be the moment the decision was made. People who can get humanity out of these situation are people like Pixis or Erwin, who are not afraid to make these decisions, despite the lack of knowledge on how things will turn out"

In fact in this episode Erwin's conclusion was that he still hesitated in taking risks, and as a human just want to take the safer path, which he realized, is actually a big mistake when fighting titans.

my 2c
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:17   Link #166
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Erwin didn't have much of choice here. He's fighting an enemy that can be almost anyone at anytime who routinely sabotage all attempts for any sort of human victory. Yes his decision risky, but also the best course of action given the stakes here in the war. He's strategy was sold and for all intents was working. It's not as if he's sacrificing soldiers for hell of it, however he cannot predict every possible scenario, he'e still only human. You also have accept that will people die this series sometimes, it is a war afterall.
Actually, if this is indeed the extent of Erwin's capability as a strategist, then he isn't very good. I voiced my concern here in the speculation thread for first timers.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:33   Link #167
Veviticus

Quote:

I believe the deaths is to prove what a great threat titans are to humanity. Why they are forced to live inside walls and why they are on the verge of extinction. If people didn't die, then we would all question how they got themselves into that situation if titans were so easily taken care of. War is just conflict between 2 different groups. Whether it's between humans or 15m giants, it doesn't matter. And no matter what, you'll always have death in a war. It's impossible to go through war without losing a single man.
Deaths still have an effect. Maybe not from you, but it does for others. I'm sure Eren's group will survive with no problems. (armin, mikasa, jean, sasha, krista. reiner etc)
Old 2013-09-01, 20:00   Link #168
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

BEST EPISODE my god

and

in one word : R.I.P :'(
I was impressed by the calm attitude of Rivaille, as usual you say but hey, I guess although to within his seething of anger, me I held my tears seeing the scene

and Eren titans VS feminin titan very great !!
Old 2013-09-01, 20:15   Link #169
shalala

Was not expecting the rest of Levi's squard to killed off like that . Sooo who will be their replacements.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:33   Link #170
Nerdydomo

I dropped the manga after a certain event.
Nerdydomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:55   Link #171
peskylemur25

Talking

Quote:

1. I agree that to much death without a point is boring but to me all the death had a very good reason for happening. But I understand your thoughts.

2. Being a good commander mean succeeding in your mission and if possible lessen the amount of death of your soldier. So far Irwin hasn't succeed in his mission or lessen the death toll, but he did learn about more titan powers and hopefully that can be used better in the next fight. And he only learn that after letting his soldiers died and that was how the writer intend for the reader to learn about the info after seeing all the death. But to be honest the way of killing of support character to let the hero learn about his power is basic story plot point... Like gandalf dying the first time, Naruto friends dying but then being brought back to life....

3. Duh if 15 meter titan were real we would be hiding and I would have to 10 pound to used the 3 d gear. And that gear isn't realistic but hey it a good new idea of fighting. And yeah it an anime, so of course the Main guy doesn't die. Unless someone invent edo tensi in this manga/anime the main guy isn't dying. But at least proving he weak and can't beat boss easily is realist. I hate how other manga main characters can beat other people easily because they are the main guys. So far eren has acted normal like a young kid which he is. And he stubborn and has no strategy... Which is real to his personality/ability.
4. Yes that a possibility because it take forever to see the next story and what the author is trying to do. I am also hoping the plot make sense and fully thought out. Right now so far so good.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 21:00   Link #172
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
I'm starting to believe you didn't even watch it.Eren wasn't just angry he broke.
You do realize he was using that line you quoted as an example of what DIDN'T happen in the episode, right?

Not trying to sound snide, but if you're going to berate other peoples' comprehension you should really check yourself.

Quote:
I admit it was nice that his rage-induced badassery was more overwhelming her defenses and less him suddenly becoming an inept child with fists like every other anime portrays. HE'S ANGRY SO HE HAS TO BE STUPID NOW! No sir, that's not a guarantee by any means.
Of course, you took his quote out of context too, so perhaps you were intentionally skewing his meaning?
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 21:01   Link #173
peskylemur25

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Was not expecting the rest of Levi's squard to killed off like that . Sooo who will be their replacements.
Keep on watching and fine out. I hope they are interesting.

The peach society a secret group of monk who hide out in a secret hideout after 100 year of waiting for the chosen one they finally found out there lease on the area is being rejected so they send out there best student to join the fight. Lol
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 21:32   Link #174
king12354

Nice spine tingling episode. I would've liked it if Eren landed a couple more solid punches instead of whiffing on air but I guess the FT had to win somehow.

Also thanks to the mods for keeping the spoilers out before I visit the thread, it really makes it more enjoyable when you can't really see what comes next.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:02   Link #175
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

WHAT DA *******************?!?!? How da **** are they gonna kill off so many great characters in a matter of seconds!?!? This keeps happening, making us think things are going well and then crapping on us at the last minute. Who does the writer think he is?!? George R. Martin!??!?!

It's not fair, they had so much spotlight in the opening. This sucks.

**** the female titan and **** the author for pulling a "believe in your comrades... NOT!! LOLZ!!!"

EDIT: Can we get 1 -------- victory?!?! The next triumph had BETTER be 10x more glorius then Eren sealing the wall because this is BS!!!!! >=O

EDITEDIT: And WHY COULDN'T THEY LET EREN AT LEAST INJURE HER!?!? Even temporarily!?!? She didn't look like she was hurt, she just apopeared to be spacing out during the fight!!!
Old 2013-09-01, 22:06   Link #176
sayde

Been awhile since an episode of any anime literally made my heart race with excitement. (I credit half of that effect to the amazing track selection during the course of the action). And that cliffhanger was brutal too. It left me hanging exponentially more than last weeks episode IMO. But I'm going to count that as a good thing as oppose to a bad thing for once. It was well played.

11/10.

On a side note...if the female titan is who I strongly suspect it to be at this point (going strictly off her facial features and adept fighting style), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Erin did an unexpectedly damn fine job against her in titan form all things considered. I mean she at least looked like she was on the defensive for the majority of the fight. I couldn't ask for more than that.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:15   Link #177
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm not sure what we are disagreeing on....

The reason I say that is because when she started running away after dodging the knee....

We're disagreeing on that (bolded text). I don't think she was ever running away. Appeared to be a stumbling dodge to me. She was hurting from that punch and couldn't do a graceful dodge as we've seen during the rest of the fight.

To clarify even further, I believe you're saying she started to run away after Eren rammed the tree she was bracing against but decided to stop and counterattack after she thought he was fatigued.

I'm saying she wasn't running away and that entire sequence was part of a rather ungraceful/ stumbling to get out of the way/ dodge.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:32   Link #178
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
We're disagreeing on that (bolded text). I don't think she was ever running away. Appeared to be a stumbling dodge to me. She was hurting from that punch and couldn't do a graceful dodge as we've seen during the rest of the fight.

To clarify even further, I believe you're saying she started to run away after Eren rammed the tree she was bracing against but decided to stop and counterattack after she thought he was fatigued.

I'm saying she wasn't running away and that entire sequence was part of a rather ungraceful/ stumbling to get out of the way/ dodge.
As in a tactical retreat in an ungraceful manner? If that's what you are saying, then yeah, I agree.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:36   Link #179
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Gunther = Armin/ Connie (straight man)

The jedi looking guy with the goatee = Reiner (Cool guy archetype)

Old Guy = Jean (hooligan/delinquent type. Plus I think the old guy is Jeans dad because they have the same haircut and hair color and have the same temperament)

Petra = Mikasa (girl)
Old 2013-09-01, 22:39   Link #180
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As in a tactical retreat in an ungraceful manner? If that's what you are saying, then yeah, I agree.
Lol, no I'm saying it wasn't a retreat, fallback, getaway, running away. I don't think it crossed her mind to leave that fight.

Just picture trying to dodge a bus while starting from a sitting position like she was.. it would look just as sloppy rushing to your feet like that. The animators actually did a good job on it. Rewatch the scene and look at how she's animated 'running' it doesn't look like her normal run. It was more of a sloppy motion to regain her balance after the momentum she used to get out of the way.