Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-28, 20:38   Link #841
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Il Giuramento

At last, I have seen episode 11.

A beautiful and tender episode dedicated to focus upon Romeo and Juliet's dreams of the present. This is a transition to forget about the sour moments, but also for the upcoming tribulations that lie ahead.

Spoiler:

The oath.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 16:41   Link #842
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
forgive my intrusion on this thread, but is the show properly following the story shakespear wrote?
The play "Romeo and Juliet" was not an original work, as Shakespeare did not write the original story. The play is an adaptation of a narrative poem. The poem wasn't an original work either. It was a translation of another poem by a pretty famous Italian writer.

Romeo x Juliet is not the first work inspired by this story, and all of them take considerable liberties. Think West Side Story.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 19:52   Link #843
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Maids Maids Maids is correct Shakespeare did not write R&J he is a playwright not a writer. Romeo and Juliet is a dramatization of Arthur Brooke's narrative poem The Tragical History of Romeus and Juliet (1562). Brooke's poem was not original either, being a translation and adaptation of Giuletta e Romeo, by Matteo Bandello, included in his Novelle of 1554.

And wait it gets better his was in turn an adaptation of Luigi da Porto's Giulietta e Romeo, included in his Istoria novellamente ritrovata di due Nobili Amanti (c. 1530)

Romeo & Juliet was Shakespeare's most famous play hence its associated with him
Old 2007-06-30, 22:33   Link #844
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Maids Maids Maids is correct Shakespeare did not write R&J he is a playwright not a writer. Romeo and Juliet is a dramatization of Arthur Brooke's narrative poem The Tragical History of Romeus and Juliet (1562). Brooke's poem was not original either, being a translation and adaptation of Giuletta e Romeo, by Matteo Bandello, included in his Novelle of 1554.

And wait it gets better his was in turn an adaptation of Luigi da Porto's Giulietta e Romeo, included in his Istoria novellamente ritrovata di due Nobili Amanti (c. 1530)

Romeo & Juliet was Shakespeare's most famous play hence its associated with him
I didn't know that...! But, Shakespear is the only one out of all those people who actually got famous....so I'm still going to call it Shakespear's R&J...
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 23:59   Link #845
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I didn't know that...! But, Shakespear is the only one out of all those people who actually got famous....so I'm still going to call it Shakespear's R&J...
I actually read that in the novel . The author was not Shakespeare but someone else when I researched it If found out its true. I prefer this version of R&J to Shakespeare R&J . This version has more zest in it compared to it also the narrative and scenarios are better .
Old 2007-07-02, 02:57   Link #846
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Aw come on, it doesn't really matter much. What matters was GONZO caught their mistake and changed "Whilliam Shakespeare" to "William Shakespeare."
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 08:33   Link #847
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Aw come on, it doesn't really matter much. What matters was GONZO caught their mistake and changed "Whilliam Shakespeare" to "William Shakespeare."

They might correct it in the DVD.
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 12:27   Link #848
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 2 : This music has been the highpoint of this series and this episode was no different The first meeting between Romeo and Juliet was wonderfully handled. Though falling flowers is cliché for time standing still it was refreshing and I wasn’t bothered by that as I was caught up in the scene . The background designs are really intricate and detailed which feels as though you are transported into that realm This episode was slightly bitter sweet first love at first sight only to be shattered by the engagement

Juliet sounds and looks really cute when angry this Juliet for me anyway I prefer this angry version of Juliet to the emo version in Shakespeare play but I did have problems getting accustomed to Juli-etto to plane ole Juliet feels strange . The chase scene is spectacular they have managed to match up the Pegasus scenes from episode 1 The appearances of Crimson Whirl wind felt like a combo of Don Juan and Zorro

What happens at sixteen was rather intriguing as it doesn’t feature in the original Was delighted to see my other favorite character after Juliet, William it’s a humorous tribute. The interactions between R&J are sweetly handled feels as though poetry in motion . Japanese society has a cherry blossom Obsession it’s been nicely incorporated into the anime replacing the type of flowers
Old 2007-07-03, 20:10   Link #849
mangafanatic

After watching episode 12, I have to say that I felt that
Spoiler:
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:03   Link #850
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, they are very stupid couple
Old 2007-07-04, 07:57   Link #851
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Romeo Juliet at GONZO's booth in Japan Anime Expo last Sunday.

Some cosplays,cute!
http://www.romejuli.jp/blog/2007/07/post_58.html

Montague is scary -^-.and Romeo is so plump. Probably ate Juliet's cookings too much ..
Old 2007-07-04, 20:26   Link #852
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, it was very courageous, but their whole plan was fairly stupid to begin with. If Montague is such an unpopular leader, I don't see why RxJ think they need to keep their relationship a secret, at least among Juliet's side. If Romeo bears no allegiance to his father's name, he could be a pretty useful ally, and he might be able to talk the Capulet faction out of repayment in blood.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:01   Link #853
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I see the whole aspect of the "Tree of Life" plotline as setting up a scenario where the leads die in the end, but their sacrifice means something for the greater good. It's an odd situation, really - these are perfectly nice kids, young and beautiful and stupid in love, and normally I'd be rooting for them to win out in the end. But wouldn't one feel cheated by denying the very essence of the original story - the tragic ending? Thus, the "greater good" hedge - but it seems to me that would really be just as antithetical to the "original" because the core truth of what made that ending tragic was how pointless it was. If such a hedge is the result, isn't that just as much a betrayal as a true happy ending? The true happy ending part of me is pulling for, in spite of everything else?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 21:46   Link #854
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Actually... I got the impression that the "it was for the greater good" theme was the entire objective of the original play's ending. Their deaths should have been needless, but they were not pointless--they served as a wake-up call.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 21:52   Link #855
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

episode 14 was so boring... get back to the romance damn it
Old 2007-07-04, 21:59   Link #856
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Actually... I got the impression that the "it was for the greater good" theme was the entire objective of the original play's ending. Their deaths should have been needless, but they were not pointless--they served as a wake-up call.
I don't see it that way, though I know it's a valid interpretation. Perhaps "needless" would have been a more correct shading of what I was trying to convey...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:52   Link #857
tritoch

Any news on the OST? I keep repeating certain parts of an episode just to be indulged with the background music.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 07:39   Link #858
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 12

Spoiler for episode 12:

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-07-05 at 10:14.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 08:12   Link #859
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Maybe it's better to put tag spoiler since somebody might not have watched the late episode yet.
Old 2007-07-05, 09:11   Link #860
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Very Long Rambling about Ep 12 and spoilers for Eps up to 14:
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance