AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 10:24   Link #21
Jesus Christnekoff

I think it looks a wee bit too much like a "real" photo, when it should be more stylized, I guess? Like, its how a real photograph would look, what with the subjects all stiff and uncomfortable looking, but... it should have a little bit more style to it, I think, for it to be promotional work.
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 14:21   Link #22
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Here's the first real pic of Saya then...

Source:FilmsActu.com

I think I'll still need to see a trailer before I'm wholly convinced, but that's a little bit more encouraging at least...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:08   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

Pathe is the largest independent film studio in France, producing movies, distributing them and managing their movie licenses. The movie will be produced by Bill Kong (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Hero) and directed by Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason). Ji-hyun Jun (My Sassy Girl, Windstruck) will star as lead Saya. The international production aims for a world wide audience.
if he's directing it we can expect good work from it, i love his movies :3 i collect them even
im very curious about the beautifull scenes he will put in it
Ji-hyun Jun is also a very good actress :3
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 11:58   Link #24
mangafanatic

Okay, I'm not going to lie. That first "promo" shot had me thinking, "Oh, please, no. Go back. Just, go back." But, the live action shot has a little more magic to it. More intensity, meaning less 1950's horror movie gone bad vibe.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:20   Link #25
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Here's the first real pic of Saya then...
I'm not normally very interested in live action remakes of anime (or western cartoons, either), but this looks like it has the potential to be a really good action horror movie. If they can just afford good CGI for the chiropterans and a good fight choreographer, it could be a winner. <fingers crossed>
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 22:33   Link #26
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
hmmm i'm still on the fence about this one...
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:25   Link #27
Prodigy-child

ShockTilYouDrop found another picture at the American Film Market on a brochure or whatever with an actual summary. Link to the pic is below.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=3252

"On the surface, Saya is a stunning 16-year-old, but that youthful exterior hides the tormented soul of a 400-year-old "halfling." Born to a human father and a vampire mother, she has for centuries been a loner obsessed with using her samurai skills to rid the world of vampires, all the while knowing that she herself can survive only on blood like those she hunts. When she is sent onto an American military base in Tokyo by the clandestine organization she works for, Saya immediately senses that this may be her opportunity to finally destroy Onigen, the evil patriarch of all vampires. Using her superhman strength and her sword, she begins to rid the base of its evil infestation in a series of spectacular and elaborate showdowns. However, it is not until she forms her first human friendship in centuries with the young daughter of the base's general that Saya learns of her greatest power over Onigen may well be her ability for human connection..."

pascalbrunobonnet from actually found a major spoiler on the blog from one of the crew member's of the movie and posted in IMDB forums. If it is true, it confirms actress Koyuki's (Taka from the Last Samurai, Sumire from Kimi wa Petto) role in the movie considering it has been said that she is suppose to have a big showdown with Saya. WARNING. HUGE Spoiler on the story's climax

Spoiler for Blood Spoiler HUGE:
Prodigy-child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 11:51   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Trailer

Blood : The Last Vampire

The trailer looks very promising , its very slick and may be better than the movie . Action sequences are done nicely . It seems inspired by the anime movie as opposed to a remake . The visuals so far are stunning though I quite didn't get who the lady in white Kimono was . The action sequences felt a tad familiar especially the slow motion and wire sequences almost feels like a martial art movie. Was expected as producer is the same person who made Hero and CTHD.

The vampires or the infected ones seem inspired by Blade . The vamps shown in trailer were really stylish . The only problem which may arise ENGRISH, other than that I am satisfied . Its good to see they have taken a concept and added a positive spin to it . The question lies will it deliver

Quote:
The movie will premier in :

- Japan (May 29, under the title Last Blood), and will then

- United Kingdom (June 12) and France (June 17).
Old 2009-03-08, 13:57   Link #29
Crisano

I cannot believe I forgot that this existed! Thanks for the link, Geta Boshi.

I'm very impressed with what I am seeing so far. They picked a good person for Saya. I really felt "Saya" in her. The atmosphere of the movie matches the atmosphere I felt in the movie. Visuals are sweet too. I wonder who that woman wearing the White Kimono is?

Of course, I don't really know what the plot of the movie is, but that's somewhat acceptable since the Blood: The Last Vampire was really vague, too.

I have hopes for this movie.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:03   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

It seems like an oriental version of Blade also no Haji, true to the first movie . I cant wait for the extended version trailer . I also noticed the famous scene from Blood+ included at 1.13-1.14 , the awakening of Saya and massacre of Viet Cong and American troops

Praying the one in white Kimono is not Diva .........
Old 2009-03-08, 22:59   Link #31
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Diva wasn't in Blood: The Last Vampire anime version so no worries.

But...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-09, 02:39   Link #32
saravis

Wow, a live-action Hollywood rendition of an anime that looks like it might be good. Wait, did I just see a pig fly by?
Old 2009-03-09, 03:38   Link #33
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Diva wasn't in Blood: The Last Vampire anime version so no worries.
Yeah I know ^__^ As I had said Its good to see they have taken a concept and added a positive spin to it. The trailer doesn't look true the to Blood the anime movie . So we will have to keep shooting arrows in the dark to who it is . We have to see how the original character is handled .

Also Simon and Haji were great characters they will be missed. Hopefully this is a commercial success and there is a sequel planned on the lines of Blood+ . The other good thing is blood and gore are not toned down . When Anime/Manga to Live Action transition happens. Lot of stuff is censored left out to make it mainstream i.e. universally appealing . The last Live Action Movie I watched was DMC and lot of jokes/situation were toned down . Glad its not the same thing for Blood
Old 2009-03-09, 04:52   Link #34
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Sweeeeeeeeeet.
I went to see 20th Century boys: part 2 last week and picked up a poster of something that looked interesting (for all the huge cardboard cutouts they had) but didn't realise it was the same movie.

Front
Back
Japanese movie website

Anyways, adding that to my list of 'must see movies for the summer' - glad i got gore and action on the list too ^^

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:48   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A part of me kinda wishes this would be an adaptation of Blood+. They could easily take what they want to make a 90 minute movie.

Still i'm all for this. Happy to see it'll be airing in the UK in just a few months times. Shall have to rewatch the movie before then.
Old 2009-03-09, 11:23   Link #36
sa547
*Author

After watching the kick-ass trailer -- damn, it put Blade to shame -- I'm giving this flick a real chance.
Old 2009-03-12, 09:21   Link #37
vspirit
...huh?

Wow, I never thought I'd actually say this, but this looks really appealing. The formula looks pretty good, too. It's Hollywood, yeah, but they're putting Chinese filmmakers at the helm who, in turn, adopted their orientalism-made-for-Hollywood style (ala their credentials) for the endeavor (which means, it probably won't be Engrish as some are fearing, but properly spoken English). It looks to be a formula that may prove successful--since I think that while the Japanese come out with awesome concepts and animation, their live-action adaptations usually leave much to be desired, and the ones done fully by American Hollywood filmmakers so far don't fare much better. Maybe this looks especially good because B:TLV is inclined towards the martial arts and Chinese filmmakers are masters at action sequences involving them.

It only says there 'Coming Soon' though. I wonder when it'll be released in theaters. I'd pay money to watch this. =)

Thanks for posting the trailer!

Last edited by vspirit; 2009-03-12 at 09:34.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 09:17   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Came across an image gallery for the movie unfortunately they aren't promotional images . Slightly spoilerfic not more than the trailer, those who are interested : D

Spoiler for Images / Spoilers:
Old 2009-03-26, 09:27   Link #39
KimmyChan

This comes out over here in the UK at cinemas on June 12th & I can't wait!!! ^__^
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 16:42   Link #40
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Well after the craptastic DBE this looks like the next anime - live action movie that will be released.

It has the producer behind Hero and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon so it will definitely be stylish and have artistic value. From the trailer it looks like it could be a fun ride!
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote