AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-08-11, 22:18   Link #21
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Simple Eid ul Fitr greeting card I made for my friends. (click for full size)

Still working on the idea for the waking up character request hopefully I can post a WIP soon.
Old 2013-08-12, 02:33   Link #22
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

That scarf slash hoodie thingy looks really cool! The shadows your drew for it are also pretty well placed.

The way you color hair with that glow ring and small light streaks reminds me of character designs for the Sunrise anime adaptations of Accel World and Love Live! Very nice.

And those are flowers in the background right? I thought maybe the flowers could be made bigger? I don't know why but I thought it looked like a field of fried rice at first.

For future works, since both this and the previous Arisa drawing have both of them wearing rather "loose" clothing, I guess I'd like to see girls in clothing that more accentuates the female form? People do tend to wear looser stuff while they sleep though.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-08-12 at 02:58.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 09:32   Link #23
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I think you gave me too much credit considering that I made it on a whim there actually numerous mistakes that I realized too late when I just finished the colors. But thanks for the comment

The scarf / hoodie is actually a veil, but I made her wear it half-open since my friends won't recognize her if her hair was fully covered.

For the hair, it's just the same thing I did with my last 3 drawings. It's quite difficult to pick the right shade for black hair IMO so I have to resort to a bit bluish color.

Yes, they're flowers. and it's just a texture fill from Photoshop XD (only to fill the BG). I can see why you see them as rice I tried to enlarge it before, but it became so pixellated since it's only a texture.

Hmm.. a more body-fitting attire you mean? I intended the character to wear a pajama but let's see if I can incorporate the idea. Maybe something like Mayaka and Eru's clothing in Hyouka's 1st ED?
as for their body form, I do tend to draw the girls "naked" first like this and this, and draw their clothes later.
Old 2013-08-12, 09:36   Link #24
Assort Dis

That's pretty nice shading for the scarf. I actually really like her clothing design, especially the gloves.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's better if the "notice" symbol in front of her head have more straight lines (I'm not sure what those are called ).

Also, what are those things she's holding? I assume it's something related to the festival?

As for the "waking up" character, just take your time
Old 2013-08-13, 04:19   Link #25
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
That's pretty nice shading for the scarf. I actually really like her clothing design, especially the gloves.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's better if the "notice" symbol in front of her head have more straight lines (I'm not sure what those are called ).

Also, what are those things she's holding? I assume it's something related to the festival?

As for the "waking up" character, just take your time
Thanks. It's not really a gloves, but I also don't know what's the name either it's also a part of Vienna's dresscode aside from the pink-black color scheme.

As for those marks.. well, I drew them myself that's why they're not really straight. I don't really put much effort into details since this is just a simple card.

Those green things are Ketupat. A kind of rice dumplings, and yes, it's one of the iconic foods for Eid ul Fitr event.

I'm trying to at least finish the sketch around the end of this week since I got lent an unused tablet once more. thanks for visiting and commenting!
Old 2013-12-26, 10:21   Link #26
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Something to add before this year ends (click for full size):

A collaboration work with my friend for a birthday gift last month. the character is an original character of the one to whom this gift was given (he's the doll ).

The colored version is done by my friend, and I did the lineart.
Old 2013-12-28, 02:24   Link #27
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

On the sketch:

- The hair outline is well done. Its thick and fluffy, and is acting accordingly to her jumping/falling.
- As someone who still have to look at references every time a skirt is required, I can appreciate how the magical skirt looks neat and great.
- Upon looking at this drawing, my attention is immediately drawn to the thighs, then the breasts. Those thighs look great and it makes me appreciate the absolute territory all the more.

- It is totally possible for her right feet to be to tilted to her right like that if the feet was resting on some steep platform. Otherwise I think it is tilted a bit too much.
- Chin too big, can't see the neck! (Though I see it was fixed in the colored version)
- Her right wrist can be smaller, to better define the hand and her forearm.
- On the whole, I think the figure still feels a bit stiff for a character who is making a bold pose. You could arch her back backwards a bit more. Play with the sizes of her legs and arms. If she is jumping, let the hair and the clothing show resistance.

Some quick notes on the coloring:
- That finished doll...is kind of creepy. And perverted. I like it.
- The glasses looks great considering the angle it had to be drawn and colored at.
- The skirt is well done and has a bit of a glowing quality that I really like.
- Otherwise, I suggest using more distinctive colors. Less gradients. More hard brushes.

As always, keep up the great work. Looking forward to more of your stuff next year!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 09:24   Link #28
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Whoa, that's quite a lot of comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
On the sketch:

- The hair outline is well done. Its thick and fluffy, and is acting accordingly to her jumping/falling.
- As someone who still have to look at references every time a skirt is required, I can appreciate how the magical skirt looks neat and great.
- Upon looking at this drawing, my attention is immediately drawn to the thighs, then the breasts. Those thighs look great and it makes me appreciate the absolute territory all the more.

- It is totally possible for her right feet to be to tilted to her right like that if the feet was resting on some steep platform. Otherwise I think it is tilted a bit too much.
- Chin too big, can't see the neck! (Though I see it was fixed in the colored version)
- Her right wrist can be smaller, to better define the hand and her forearm.
- On the whole, I think the figure still feels a bit stiff for a character who is making a bold pose. You could arch her back backwards a bit more. Play with the sizes of her legs and arms. If she is jumping, let the hair and the clothing show resistance.
- to be honest, the hair was the last part that I did and I don't give much thought of it. I'm not used to draw long hairs (short-haired girl is my type) so I don't really know where the hair should flow and how to vary each strands
- actually I want to draw a different kind of skirt. If you noticed, this skirt is kind of the same model that I used in my previous drawings. But I'm quite confused with how it'll flow so I reverted back to this tight model and as you said, I also made it "magical". I figured that using a more loose skirt would mean a pantyshot from this pose. Aside that I don't feel right by drawing a pantyshot, this character is also not mine.
- the character's prominence is actually her D cup breasts despite her short body. Since I'm more of a waist-man, so I decided to give her a bit of my touch. Glad that you captured what I was trying to show.

- Well, that's the idea, though. I want to create a feel like those pics in which the character is like stepping on an invisible platform. But I can see why it'd look weird and maybe it's better not to make her feet position dead flat like that
- Ah, I missed that initially her head position was intended to lean more to her left shoulder so it'll look low-angled and her chin covered by her right shoulder and hair, but I scrapped the idea. I forgot to fix it thanks for reminding me.
- I think smaller wrist would work if the character is quite tall. since she's quite short I'm afraid it'll make her forearm looks too thin.
- Upon making this pic, I wanted to make something different than I usually do, hence I tried a bit daring pose and did some distance play with her legs. I imagined the pose like she's jumping from a quite high edge. I can see that it still look unnatural, as I agreed about her back should be leaning more backwards. The clothes are body-fit types, hence it doesn't have many creases and such. As for her hair, it's like what I stated before.

Quote:
Some quick notes on the coloring:
- That finished doll...is kind of creepy. And perverted. I like it.
- The glasses looks great considering the angle it had to be drawn and colored at.
- The skirt is well done and has a bit of a glowing quality that I really like.
- Otherwise, I suggest using more distinctive colors. Less gradients. More hard brushes.

As always, keep up the great work. Looking forward to more of your stuff next year!
Hahah, that's her owner alright. He always has this perverted look. That's why I drew his doll got pinched by her chest
About the whole coloring, it's just his style that's using lots of soft gradients and look 3D-ish. He's the same guy who colored my "hugging girls" picture on the 1st page.

All in all, thanks for commenting! sadly I'm working on my graduation thesis now so I can't really draw freely.
Old 2014-01-03, 23:45   Link #29
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

What type of gear do you have for digital painting/art? Mouse or something else?
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 20:08   Link #30
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Whoa, it's been two years already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
What type of gear do you have for digital painting/art? Mouse or something else?
Sorry for the super late reply... I saw the post just now.
I use Wacom pen tablet for my drawings.

---------------

Didn't draw much in the last 2 years, mostly for gifts and contests so I don't post them.
So here's my first art for 2016:

Koizumi Hanayo (Love Live! School Idol Project) in "Snowy Mountain" outfit from the School Idol Festival mobile game (Super Rare Card #474). Drawn her in celebration of her birthday 3 days ago.

URLs: deviantArt | pixiv
Old 2016-03-13, 12:58   Link #31
Assort Dis

Very nice!

I am wondering if you are still active?