Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-06-15, 10:42   Link #1541
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
In Bleach, Kubo was forced to drop the ball because his manga was about to get cancelled.
It's the Year of Our Lord 2022 and people still believe this nonsense?

Bleach was never in danger of getting canceled. Kubo ended it early because he was sick.

Quote:
The shipping had many people angry, and it was that aspect that I was comparing to this series: People getting pissed because their favorite pairing lost.
Only people who were angry about IchiHime were people who stopped reading around Soul Society. Orihime was always the endgame.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 11:47   Link #1542
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Besides you cant really compare the shipping situation around a shonen manga, where shipping is secondary, at best, and a light novel like Maou-sama, that has its entire plot built around the concept of the main guy and main girl learning to overcome their differences
Old 2022-06-20, 17:56   Link #1543
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Only people who were angry about IchiHime were people who stopped reading around Soul Society. Orihime was always the endgame.
That's an insulting generalization. I disliked Orihime, but read Bleach because it was a fun story (when Kubo wasn't drawing giant panels to fill page counts). She was basically a human Senzu Bean who spent the other half of her time playing damsel in distress. I feel like her only other role was to be a love interest character, which is rather stupid writing on the author's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Besides you cant really compare the shipping situation around a shonen manga, where shipping is secondary, at best, and a light novel like Maou-sama, that has its entire plot built around the concept of the main guy and main girl learning to overcome their differences
None of that explicitly means the bond is romantic.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-21, 12:45   Link #1544
Tenzen12

When it's in slice of life romcom, it does though. And let's get this straight Wagahara never portraited their relationship as purely platonical. Even if Maou had good reasons to choose Chiho and there was build up toward that, same goes for Maou x Emi. You can choose prefer what ship you like, but nonsenense like "they were just good friends" is just plain denial.

If you want defend ending novel took, you should at least use factually correct arguments. If you want, I can play devil advocate and provide you with some.
Old 2022-06-21, 14:28   Link #1545
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
When it's in slice of life romcom, it does though. And let's get this straight Wagahara never portraited their relationship as purely platonical. Even if Maou had good reasons to choose Chiho and there was build up toward that, same goes for Maou x Emi. You can choose prefer what ship you like, but nonsenense like "they were just good friends" is just plain denial.

If you want defend ending novel took, you should at least use factually correct arguments. If you want, I can play devil advocate and provide you with some.
I've come to accept that what the author wants to do, does not always match what the fans are clamoring for. Maybe I've just become indifferent to authors choosing pairings I don't like... Chiho would've been dead last if I had to line-up the potential love interests in this series, but in the end it's what the author wanted. I feel as though a writer's personal feelings are also important.
Old 2022-06-22, 15:11   Link #1546
Tenzen12

Author wish is obviously important... BUT it has to be consistent with narrative author already wrote and it have to be acceptable for readers even if they prefer something else. Author has to write story which makes reader look at it and say "I may not like it, but not doing it this way would hurt story so I have to roll with it".

If author can do that, you get some of best works out there, if he or she can't, you get pissed fandoms and rightfully so.
Old 2022-06-22, 16:29   Link #1547
AndrewR5D4

Yes, some authors wisely put personal preference aside to stick with an ending befitting the story they've created. The writer of Unbreakable Machine Doll favored Charlotte Belew, but ultimately paired the protagonist with Yaya, whom he had the strongest bond with and who loved him the most. It was a case of first girl wins, but since the light novel was about their bond, it makes sense.

The opposite was the case in Bleach where Ichigo's main bond that drove the series was between him and Rukia. (Even years later, Kubo asserted this himself by drawing them when asked to draw his representation of the series). This is proof that a bond need not be romantic just because it is ingrained in the root of a story. Ichigo was never shown to like her romantically, and married Orihime.

My feelings on the topic are mixed, but who exactly judged Emi's feelings as being romantic to begin with? Was it only the shippers?
Old 2022-06-22, 16:44   Link #1548
Tenzen12

I think it became pretty apparent after Ente Isla rescue arc, especially with her mother showing out, but more importantly even in last volume Maou x Emi is still considered in-universe. As supposedly Maou reject proposed harem end, because his financial situation isn't good enough for multiple wifes. That's not argument for not getting together with friend you don't see as potential partner.
Old 2022-07-12, 01:05   Link #1549
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I read some comments saying the Season 2 Anime got cancelled because an employee accidentally deleted a folder of the project. Is this true? That would be hilarious if it is.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 09:48   Link #1550
mark1246

So the new sequel volume came out & saw the illustration thanks to Kyo2b on twitter......I cant tell from the drawing if this take place after the final vol from the previous book series or not.
Old 2022-07-31, 13:57   Link #1551
SILENTANIMELOVER

So there is a sequel series? Can you give me a summary of what it's about?
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance