Old 2018-12-25, 19:36   Link #21
Spica

^^How old is Godou now?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 04:04   Link #22
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Considering Saint Raffaello was hundreds of years old by the time Godou met her I don´t we should worry for the girls, in the Campione Multiverse is fairly easy to get inmortality for what it seems.

By the way, any spoilers on the newest volume, I sure as hell somebody kicks Apollo´s ass from here to the Sun
Saint Rafaello isn't hundreds of year old. She's over 60 in the original series. The only known way for human to become immortal is becoming a godslayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
^^How old is Godou now?
Yinghua is early-twenties by this series, so Godou should be in his late-twenties to early-thirties.
roronoa20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 09:54   Link #23
Laksmana2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoa20 View Post
Saint Rafaello isn't hundreds of year old. She's over 60 in the original series. The only known way for human to become immortal is becoming a godslayer.

Yinghua is early-twenties by this series, so Godou should be in his late-twenties to early-thirties.
It has already been said that in the Astral Plane there are humans who have achieved immortality transcending humanity. Living Buddha is an example, despite his not human appearance.
Laksmana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 09:24   Link #24
haseo0408

Quote:

Ok I'm to re-read that volume now, I'm pretty sure Saint Raffelo is very by the time the series start, so much that she's one of the only people to treat Aisha, Voban and Luo Hao as her elder siblings.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 08:17   Link #25
Spica

Quote:
About that, you know. I felt your true feeling with my sixth sense, something like that. I hit the bull’s eye right?
Using campione senses like that, as expected, Ren is dangerous. I also like his shamelessness.

So far, I am liking all three main characters.
Old 2019-01-13, 08:32   Link #26
haseo0408

I feel really bad for Juio of all the Kings that he could come across he ended with one of the craziest, well, could have been worse, Aisha on the other hand.......
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 13:35   Link #27
Spica

Volume one was a lot more violent than I expected. Greek gods being greek gods was the same as my expectations. The gods did feel a bit less powerful though.

So, Voban survived by being stubborn and competitive. As expected of a campione.
Old 2019-01-16, 15:28   Link #28
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I feel really bad for Juio of all the Kings that he could come across he ended with one of the craziest, well, could have been worse, Aisha on the other hand.......
I think Julio is quite lucky here. Imagine if he came across Luo Hao, Doni or Aisha.

Also I kinda curious how other campioni travel across dimension. I mean we have no idea how Luo Hao and Alec achieved this. It is mentioned in last chapter of vol.21 that Doni is trying to become Dimensional walker too.

Quote:
Volume one was a lot more violent than I expected. Greek gods being greek gods was the same as my expectations. The gods did feel a bit less powerful though.

So, Voban survived by being stubborn and competitive. As expected of a campione.
I don't think the gods are less powerful, it's Ren's authority that's quite overpowered.
Old 2019-01-16, 19:13   Link #29
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
I think Julio is quite lucky here. Imagine if he came across Luo Hao, Doni or Aisha.

Also I kinda curious how other campioni travel across dimension. I mean we have no idea how Luo Hao and Alec achieved this. It is mentioned in last chapter of vol.21 that Doni is trying to become Dimensional walker too.
Knowing Doni, he might simply cut open a space distortion into being.
Old 2019-01-16, 20:54   Link #30
wghokay

Quote:
A possible explanation is that the Gods appearing in Campiones are Heretic Gods, which allows them to behave differently from their mythology, which makes them harder to deal with than with normal Gods.
Case in point, Heretic Athena from the original series has the power of Gorgon, Athena, and Metis, while the current Athena does not exhbit access to the power of Metis.
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 14:13   Link #31
Laksmana2

Quote:

I don't think the gods are less powerful, it's Ren's authority that's quite overpowered.

Voban in his wolf form was said to be far more powerful than Fenrir, and it was explained that an Authority is but a fraction of the power of a heretic god (which in itself is a fraction of its original version), then a fraction of Apollo (Campione) >>>> Fenrir (Shiniki).
Old 2019-01-18, 03:32   Link #32
Spica

That's Voban alright. I hope the lolification is permanent. I want to see a word or two about it from other campioni.

Also White Queen is definitely a Lancelot.

Last edited by Spica; 2019-01-18 at 04:01.
Old 2019-01-18, 05:45   Link #33
roronoa20

I kinda like Ren more than Godou. He has more honest and forward personality with no self-denial. It’s quite refreshing for me. However, a married woman!? Even Godou doesn’t t go that far.
Old 2019-01-18, 06:34   Link #34
Laksmana2

Quote:
I kinda like Ren more than Godou. He has more honest and forward personality with no self-denial. It’s quite refreshing for me. However, a married woman!? Even Godou doesn’t t go that far.
Godou is 15-16 years old most of Campione!, Ren starts with 19 (almost 20).
Old 2019-01-18, 13:32   Link #35
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Luo Hao is definitely dangerous, Aisha too depending on the occasion, but Doni is more troublesome than dangerous. In fact, reading the series, Ren reminds me of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laksmana2 View Post
Godou is 15-16 years old most of Campione!, Ren starts with 19 (almost 20).
It's not just age, fundamentally speaking Godou and Ren are different. In fact, they probably wouldn't get along if they met

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 16:37   Link #36
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Luo Hao is definitely dangerous, Aisha too depending on the occasion, but Doni is more troublesome than dangerous. In fact, reading the series, Ren reminds me of him.
I think Ren's personality is a mixed between Godou's gramps and Doni without his overwhelming battle lust.
Old 2019-01-18, 18:04   Link #37
Laksmana2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

It's not just age, fundamentally speaking Godou and Ren are different. In fact, they probably wouldn't get along if they met
Godou always acted in a way to hide his true personality, this was explained and shown when Lancelot uses his skill in him. Godou older is quite different from when he was young. And let me remind you that he and Ren have already met, but Godou is even older than Ren himself.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:15   Link #38
roronoa20

Quote:
Godou always acted in a way to hide his true personality, this was explained and shown when Lancelot uses his skill in him. Godou older is quite different from when he was young. And let me remind you that he and Ren have already met, but Godou is even older than Ren himself.
I'm quite sure that the most we known about older Godou is the last chapter of vol.21. I think it's a little too fast to differentiate between younger and older Godou. If you're talking about the drama CD, we don't have any actual translation, so we have no idea what kind of conversation these two godslayers have.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:30   Link #39
Laksmana2

Quote:
I'm quite sure that the most we known about older Godou is the last chapter of vol.21. I think it's a little too fast to differentiate between younger and older Godou. If you're talking about the drama CD, we don't have any actual translation, so we have no idea what kind of conversation these two godslayers have.
Even with little to notice more obvious differences, and his ancient personality always had a context.

And I quoted the CD drama just because it is not necessary to suppose what would happen if they met, except that in the little that had been released from the CD drama you could already see differences in Godou's personality.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:41   Link #40
roronoa20

Quote:
Even with little to notice more obvious differences, and his ancient personality always had a context.

And I quoted the CD drama just because it is not necessary to suppose what would happen if they met, except that in the little that had been released from the CD drama you could already see differences in Godou's personality.
From what we have from Drama CD is that Godou met a goddess, got his sword stolen and escaped. That's all we have. That's not enough for us to see a difference in his personality.

Even if the protagonist had demonstrate a more mature behavior, it doesn't mean that their personality have changed.

Tags
adventure, bakapervert, fantasy, godslayer, harem