AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-11-13, 21:53   Link #201
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
I noticed that the DVDs have far less scenes involving RAK SHINE.

I can't really tell if I like this one or not...
While the effort put into this is commendable, I will honestly say that to me, this picture is downright hideous.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 22:02   Link #202
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, the color job is a little much for one of those 'lol lolis drawn ultra-masculine' pictures.
Old 2006-11-14, 01:38   Link #203
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
at first i thought they were guys O.o
looks like some crappy poster for a movie in the 1960's and since when did fate have noticable muscles? O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:49   Link #204
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I don't know what I was thinking on that last post, they definitely aren't that masculine, but it's a style that makes the characters look ridiculous all the same.

Maybe that's supposed to be some clever commentary on how anime character designs all look ridiculous but we're so used to them that it has to be shoved in our face with something like this for us to notice. Importance of context and all that.
Old 2006-11-14, 02:09   Link #205
Lost

Kikaifan I dont get you at all lol. Its the above which is ridiculous, not the original character designs? It doesnt make me notice how the rest are ridiculous - they aren't. Ah... maybe its just a portrait of some fanboys cosplaying Fate and Nanoha-chan. Actually, the picture just reminds me of manga style drawing. I suppose its just another style of Japanese animating.

Save for Fate's muscles.. those are bad. Definitely bad.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 03:09   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah.. I know whats wrong with the pic ... Nanoha isn't too far off character and her body build is in range....
... but Fate's face and body build are just totally wrong -- she's not a Viking warrioress, she's more of a lithe girl with some gymnastics muscle tone. The face is the worst though - way over-muscled.

The style kind of reminds me of those Romantic Arthurian paintings from the last century (damn, can't remember the artist name though).
Old 2006-11-14, 04:21   Link #207
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Reinforce has muscles, yet, she looks striking with it.
<3
Old 2006-11-14, 06:49   Link #208
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Regarding the RAK SHINE, it started as a gag in the english Utawarerumono fanbase (where a character is called that sometimes) in which, whenever a girl has shine marks on her breasts, you can say RAK SHINE is involved or RAK SHINE is there. For example, RAK SHINE is not involved in that pic of Reinforce. However, RAK SHINE -is- involved in that last picture, on Fate.

In further explination to make it not-funny, a rack is a slang term for a girl's chest (tho I have no idea how that came about) and shine is... well, something that's shining.

Regarding the picture, it's supposed to be them when they're much older (older than StrikerS versions, so I'd guess early 20's)

If you pay attention in some screenshots, Fate does have some muscle. Well, nothing really noticable. Just far more than a 9-year-old girl would have, which is to say nothing. If she kept with melee magical training for 10+ years tho I figure she'd likely have a fair bit of muscle.

This of course is if Signum and such look like that eternally. Then Signum could press 5000kgs a day and her biceps wouldn't grow. But really that theorey belong in another topic. Point is, Rak Shine = breast shine. 20+ year old Fate might be buff.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the pic or not.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:08   Link #209
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post

Kikaifan I dont get you at all lol. Its the above which is ridiculous, not the original character designs? It doesnt make me notice how the rest are ridiculous - they aren't. Ah... maybe its just a portrait of some fanboys cosplaying Fate and Nanoha-chan. Actually, the picture just reminds me of manga style drawing. I suppose its just another style of Japanese animating.

Save for Fate's muscles.. those are bad. Definitely bad.
Come on, Fate's outfit is just weird. Witch/Valkyrie/Random straps thanks to Final Fantasy? It's just that she's an anime character so we don't think twice about it. But when they get drawn less anime-like it strikes you more.

And I said that the above made them look ridiculous. It's just that I also notice the inherent weirdness of anime character designs more when they're out of their normal style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
<3
I think the albinoism helps. I can't really <3 at her death scene though.
Old 2006-11-14, 12:24   Link #210
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
thanks for the defination of RAK SHINE XD at first i thought wtf does hakuoro have to do with the above pic

and Reinforce hardly has any muscles...or maybe the tone is not as distinguishing but its her eyes thats captivating...big red sexy eyes!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 14:46   Link #211
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
thanks for the defination of RAK SHINE XD at first i thought wtf does hakuoro have to do with the above pic

and Reinforce hardly has any muscles...or maybe the tone is not as distinguishing but its her eyes thats captivating...big red sexy eyes!
Purple/Blue hair + red eyes usually wins. Shampoo, Ayeka Jurai, Rei Ayanami, Dirty Pair Flash Yuri, etc. Its a nice combination.

Only big exceptions that come to mind at the moment (aside from generic character designs and shows with bad animation, obviously) are Miyu from My-HiME (forehead) and Cheza from Wolf's Rain (her eyes look weird).
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 17:36   Link #212
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Reinforce doesn't have a whole lot of muscle tone, but when the CC powerhouse of the show (Signum, in case my avatar is insufficiently informative on my biases) has almost none at all, anything counts for something.

RAK SHINE is part of the proud anime tradition of high-gloss paint-on-clothing. However since it is so prevalent in episode 7 I must assume that Signum was doing some product placement.

Tertiary note: Scrolling past that big Reinforce picture every time I read, post, or edit on this page is having a destructive effect on the exclusivity of my Signum fanboyism. I had her well ahead of Reinforce and Fate until I rewatched season one and that image went up.

Last edited by Kikaifan; 2006-11-14 at 17:58.
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 01:25   Link #213
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
<3
Reinforce clearly has something even more awesome than the muscles in that picture...

Spoiler:
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:54   Link #214
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa View Post

Anyone have these in wallpaper form? 1024x768 if possible. Edit, not the cards the pictures inside the cards.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 09:52   Link #215
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
Anyone have these in wallpaper form? 1024x768 if possible. Edit, not the cards the pictures inside the cards.
This
?
Old 2006-11-15, 10:21   Link #216
Windragon

Hi all! My name is Sergio , Nanoha's spanish fan and also admin of aznmp3.net!
Nice to meet you all!
I would like to request pics of Zafira , dont care if are fan arts , doujin pics , figures , everything!
I really like this character ^___^
Thanks!!
Windragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 11:24   Link #217
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

So that's the Red Comet? Is the white devil that inhuman? 3X faster than a typical Zaku!

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-11-15 at 22:23.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 20:18   Link #218
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyFate View Post
lol yuuno posting as meer
lol she was the 1st person to come into my mind too when i saw that pic

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 23:24   Link #219
Alu
Guide my hand...

* hop's in *

ahhh... I know I've hadn't had the time to drop by much lately..

So..., here's a small Nanoha spam to make up for that

Spoiler for Group (and length ^^):

* hop's out *
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 23:34   Link #220
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
This
?
Close but I meant each one as a 1024x768 wallpaper. If it's possible I would really like to have one of each weapon. The asura dosen't have to be one of them. EDIT: also the're is no need for text in the wallpapers.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw