AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 15:27   Link #301
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaToujo View Post
does amazon.jp deliver worldwide?

also i search for Ichigo 100% novels help me please, where to buy and i need it deliver to israel
help meh!!
AyaToujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 22:43   Link #302
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaToujo View Post
does amazon.jp deliver worldwide?

also i search for Ichigo 100% novels help me please, where to buy and i need it deliver to israel
You'll have to visit the amazon.co.jp site and research where they ship to.... they PROBABLY ship books and CDs most anywhere in the world. However, they will not ship software nor figures (for various reasons).

There are Ichigo 100% scanlations floating around on the net. Some fervent googling and perhaps a visit to some Swedish or French web archives? That's how I found them a few years ago. (and no, I didn't keep copies as I was pretty unhappy with the series).
Old 2009-01-10, 02:48   Link #303
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Amazon.co.jp only ships internationally via express mail, with a very expensive fee structure: shipping to the Middle East is 4400 yen plus 300 per book. (At least it's fast.)

AyaToujo, by Ichigo 100% novels do you mean ISBN 4087031500 and 4087031411?
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 15:57   Link #304
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
Amazon.co.jp only ships internationally via express mail, with a very expensive fee structure: shipping to the Middle East is 4400 yen plus 300 per book. (At least it's fast.)

AyaToujo, by Ichigo 100% novels do you mean ISBN 4087031500 and 4087031411?
ya exactly, so they will ship it to me and i gotta pay 4400 yen plus? the novels cost 17$ together so i need to pay 61$?
AyaToujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:10   Link #305
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Plus ~$3 per book, so $67 in all. If you're willing to pay that much, then go for it. In my opinion that's too much to pay. If you can navigate the bk1 site (you're buying Japanese novels, can you read Japanese? if not, use babelfish to translate) shipping is much more reasonable.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 18:59   Link #306
loempiavreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
Does anyone know what's the deal? I mean the releasedate has been passed a few weeks for Purgatory Kabuki Volume. 2 but it is still not in stock, at all the retailers. I tried to mail them and ask when they do come in stock... but I get no reply from them.

Also the main page is not updated any more?
http://www.drmasterbooks.com/
No one knows?
loempiavreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 06:21   Link #307
Justin Kim
*Artist

Just a question, when you buy manga off a site. Is there anyway to subscribe to the manga? If the manga series is still running I mean, are there ways to get the manga overseas by having subscription rights. Or is that too much of a hassle? Because I really don't know how much the cost will be if just a manga is shipped overseas to me just so I could read it, and see what would happen. Is the manga by any chance, translated overbroad? There usually raw I thought.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 20:17   Link #308
EvaForever

Are there any stores in America that sell doujinsh either online or brick and mortar?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 16:13   Link #309
NDK
ArtRodriguez

rightstuf is win for local stuff otherwise ebay is a hit or miss.
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 15:07   Link #310
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Just a question, when you buy manga off a site. Is there anyway to subscribe to the manga? If the manga series is still running I mean, are there ways to get the manga overseas by having subscription rights. Or is that too much of a hassle? Because I really don't know how much the cost will be if just a manga is shipped overseas to me just so I could read it, and see what would happen. Is the manga by any chance, translated overbroad? There usually raw I thought.

I don't think there's any possible way to do that. You could probably subscribe for "new releases" or "recommendations", but not the particular manga. I do that with yesasia.com, though they don't update sometimes, and I have to go to the actual Japanese sites and grab the ISBNS to email them with.

Most "manga" overseas would be raw. I hardly order from amazon.co.jp anymore because the shipping alone would kill my wallet.

yesasia.com has a good selection (once you learn to navigate it), and kinokuniya bookweb now has a working onlineshop (that will ship around the US). You do have to grab the ISBN's and/or title or author's name in Japanese if you want to find what you're looking for. If you ever need help finding a particular manga, please shoot me a PM. I can probably help you out ^^
Old 2009-02-19, 13:15   Link #311
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Barnes and Nobles Bookstores. You can buy online, order over the phone, have it shipped for free. They mail/email you coupons with really big discounts and that card you gives automatically deducts a few books off every manga. You can order anything---

I live there!

Next would be Amazon.com

There are some sites that charge 10 cent a chapter to read New Releases before they come out I read "Click" that way
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 21:13   Link #312
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Yeah being able to order online would be nice but in most cases the shipping would kill you. If you're lucky enough to live near a Japanese store that has a bookstore, even if they don't carry what you want they probably will order it for you at no shipping cost. That's what I'm currently doing through a store called Mitsuwa. They actually order the books from Amazon.co.jp.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 05:10   Link #313
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Barnes and Nobles have FREE shipping! FREE FREE FREE...

(I don't mind paying for shipping if I want it that bad)
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:12   Link #314
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

I thought we were talking about Japanese novels and manga though. That's why the shipping cost was such a problem. Unless you're saying that Barnes and Nobles imports from Japan, than that would be something else.
Old 2009-02-23, 02:05   Link #315
Nervous Venus

Ryuou, I haven't ordered from Mitsuwa. I think the Sanseido there is the bookshop you're probably talking about. I'm lucky and live near one, so I just drive a few minutes on the freeway to get there. However, the prices are a tad bit steeper than Kinokuniya imho.

Stores like Kinokuniya have already set up their bookweb service. The shipping through UPS is pretty cheap too (and free for ppl like me who do big orders), and if you have a longer list of manga that are not available you can pile up the titles and do a bulk special order.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=02

I think it's more sensible (shipping fee wise) for those living in America to use their new service rather than go overseas.
Old 2009-02-24, 16:08   Link #316
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Yeah that's the name of the bookstore there. I only looked at one example, but the prices look like they're about the same. But again, I only looked at one so I may be wrong. Going through that site seems like it would be the better deal since not everyone lives near a Japanese bookstore.
Old 2009-02-25, 17:07   Link #317
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
I thought we were talking about Japanese novels and manga though. That's why the shipping cost was such a problem. Unless you're saying that Barnes and Nobles imports from Japan, than that would be something else.
We are mostly talking about Japanese Language novels and manga.... anyone near a Barnes&Noble or access to their website can pretty much get any English translation manga/novel published that they want.

For original language manga and novels:
The problem with amazon.co.jp is that they dropped all but the most expensive form of shipping so figure on anything you order costing more to ship than the value of the item. Example, recently placed an order with them for some things I couldn't find elsewhere. The items cost me about 2500 yen but the shipping ran almost 2800 yen.

I've gone back to using nippon-export.com or yesasia.com (though only for manga as yesasia is notorious for taking my merchandise collectible order, waiting til its too late and then saying, so sorry can't get it). Nippon-export ships by weight and allows for both SAL or EMS. If they don't have it in their inventory, they'll actually make a reasonable effort to hunt it down for you.

If you live near a Kinokuniya Bookstore (west coast or east coast), they have a pretty good selection (especially the one in SFO) and recently seem to have added an online shopping website that lets you check/buy inventory in all 8 of their stores in the US: http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=03

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-25 at 17:23.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 21:20   Link #318
alchemist11
サード
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to alchemist11 Send a message via Yahoo to alchemist11
I'm looking for the manga "Tramps Like Us," by Tokyopop better known as Kimi wa Petto from it's official Japanese title. I want to purchase it, but not on-line. I'm looking for a manga shop here in the GTA region in Toronto, Canada.

If anyone personally knows of a place (other than Pacific mall, though I doubt they sell licensed stuff) which sell the manga mentioned above, please reply to this or pm me. If there is a store that allows on-line purchase and pick-up in-store, let me know too.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:05   Link #319
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
what is a good place to buy doujinshi's other than JP Queen?
I'm looking for a certain yaoi doujinshi:
doujinshi
Because of the bird
Asaoka Natsuki/Tonase Fuki
CODE GEASS

But the only sites I am right now relying on are JpQueen and sellers of LiveJournal.
What I do require is the payment method of paypal, whether or not it would go through another service first like Kagi isn't important.

If anyone knows a place where the Dj is still in stock that would be great too, I saw it on Ebay this weekend and figured well if JP Queen cannot find it then I'll buy that one but the shipping costs of that seller were way of the scale, you could only pick UPS service 10 dollars and up (and I can't find it any more so I guess it was sold)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 15:30   Link #320
EvaForever

Where can I buy the first five volumes of yotsuba?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga