AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 01:33   Link #261
tsunade666

don't be. Because probably you wouldn't meet someone like kamijou touma in akihabara
Old 2010-10-28, 23:27   Link #262
Blayne Barudorii

I have an idea for a fanfic let me know if its been done, if it hasn't I'll start writing it:

Quote:
Seven years the world ended...

Seven years since "The Index" was unlocked...

Seven years since someone stole the Necronomicon from it...

Seven years since "they" have invaded our world, our dimension...

Seven years and the human and esper resistance is down to its last stronghold.

Seven years and now hope is all but dead.

Seven years and now it is time to go back and set right what was once wrong!
Watching 'To Aru...' and seeing how magic is presenting and the fact that Index herself holds 103,000 magical texts makes me think "She HAS to have the Necronomicon" and would be cool to write something oriented around it.

Basically the world is being invaded by Eldritch Abominations from "Outside" reality via rift by Necronomicon and so in a last ditch effort to save the future Humanity has finally unlocked "Level 6" for espers and only have the ability to give it to one person as time is running out, the person who I haven't finished making up yet is given it to his Teleportation power and now a level six allows him to theoretically travel back in time to change history.

Okay, has anyone done something close to this already? If Not I should have the first chapter done in a week.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 23:42   Link #263
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
I have an idea for a fanfic let me know if its been done, if it hasn't I'll start writing it:

Watching 'To Aru...' and seeing how magic is presenting and the fact that Index herself holds 103,000 magical texts makes me think "She HAS to have the Necronomicon" and would be cool to write something oriented around it.

Basically the world is being invaded by Eldritch Abominations from "Outside" reality via rift by Necronomicon and so in a last ditch effort to save the future Humanity has finally unlocked "Level 6" for espers and only have the ability to give it to one person as time is running out, the person who I haven't finished making up yet is given it to his Teleportation power and now a level six allows him to theoretically travel back in time to change history.

Okay, has anyone done something close to this already? If Not I should have the first chapter done in a week.
I don't believe that anyone has come up with such an idea- I do suggest you be careful with original characters though. It's really easy to make them into mary/marty-sue's.

As for Necronomicon itself- It has been mentioned by Index in the first episode itself, referring to it as one of the 'fake' grimgore's floating around. I'm not certain though- someone should go back and check.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 23:50   Link #264
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Dunno if anyone's thought of this place yet, but you can get a kick out of others works or use them as a spring for your own idea's.

http://www.fanfiction.net/forums/ani...utsu_no_Index/
Old 2010-10-29, 00:01   Link #265
Blayne Barudorii

Quote:
As for Necronomicon itself- It has been mentioned by Index in the first episode itself, referring to it as one of the 'fake' grimgore's floating around. I'm not certain though- someone should go back and check.
Index if i recall only named 3 books contained in her memory, the Book of Eibon being the only one I can name off the top of my head, I don't recall her ever mentioning anything from the Lovecraft Mythos though there does seem to be a rather disturbing number of world ending books contained inside her copies at that. The originals are if I recall not inside her, but sealed away in secluded/fortified locations.

I pretty much watched index/rail gun in a 3day sitting this week so I'm relatively certain either she never mentioned it or the subbers didnt mention it.

Quote:
I don't believe that anyone has come up with such an idea- I do suggest you be careful with original characters though. It's really easy to make them into mary/marty-sue's.
My current plan is that only the teleportation is of level 6 (to allow for time travel), all other abilities are 5 and below, multiple because I aim for this character to come across as an antagonist (hes going to try to kill Index to keep the Necronomicon out of the wrong hands) to the PoV of the canonical cast and teleportation alone isn't going to cut it to be a challenge.

I'm thinking of doing this either of two ways, either his ability is to "slot" abilities in the way Materia in FF games are "equipped", basically similar to Peter Patrelli where he has either a limited number of abilities at anyone time OR make him more of a Sylar-expy where he "learns" and gains new abilities by coming into contact with other espers.

The former is probably the most interesting one and easier in the long run as it sets a) set rules and b) is more balanced, the latter is easier to write at first as the mechanic can be fairly simply to implement but has the issue of power creep and how its fridge logic that goes with it.

I'm thinking I'm liking the former more, but I may need to limit the character to two abilities at a time, three I think would be fairly unstoppable if he could find the right three.

Still requires alot of thought, considering the source material and the likely demographic of readers I want a good balance between "cool" and "interesting" a too powerful character I understand loses interest points even if it is admittedly cool.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:06   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Necronomicon was indeed memorized by Index even though in real-life it's not an actual book but a fictional grimoire created by horror writer H.P. Lovecraft.

In fact there have been a number of books one might not have considered to be magic grimoires of any kind that have been memorized as well. For example according to Index the story of Momotarou is actually of occult nature and was disguised as a simple fairy tale told to children. Hidden in the story is how to make a elixir of immortality, with metaphors of how a peach (magic formula) comes floating down the river between Life and Death and the old couple in the story have regained their youth.

In fact, I've been wondering if I could do anything with 'Alice in Wonderland' after hearing this... Everybody just loves to screw with that story...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:17   Link #267
Blayne Barudorii

Well yeah I know in real life its fictional, but index seems to be an all myths are true sort of setting so its reasonable to go "oh man, I bet there's a town called Innsmouth somewhere in New England in this setting!" with healthy amounts of squee.

Wait, out of curiosity do you mean "indeed it was" as "obviously if the book exists in universe she did" or "its confirmed via word of god/on screen/in text that the Necronomicon was mentioned?"

Old 2010-10-29, 00:19   Link #268
outerelf

Quote:
My current plan is that only the teleportation is of level 6 (to allow for time travel), all other abilities are 5 and below, multiple because I aim for this character to come across as an antagonist (hes going to try to kill Index to keep the Necronomicon out of the wrong hands) to the PoV of the canonical cast and teleportation alone isn't going to cut it to be a challenge.
Teleportation can cut it- Part of the reason Index is so interesting, is that a person can have the same level of powers, or be even more powerful (technically) then someone of a higher rank- however, it is the individual creativity and mental stability that makes a person a level 4 to a level 5. Take the other level 4 esper teleporter other then kuroko- She could have been level 5 if it weren't for the fact that she's terrified of teleporting herself. In fact, she nearly killed Kuroko because she was good at teleporting, and could use it to her advantage.

Quote:
I'm thinking of doing this either of two ways, either his ability is to "slot" abilities in the way Materia in FF games are "equipped", basically similar to Peter Patrelli where he has either a limited number of abilities at anyone time OR make him more of a Sylar-expy where he "learns" and gains new abilities by coming into contact with other espers.

The former is probably the most interesting one and easier in the long run as it sets a) set rules and b) is more balanced, the latter is easier to write at first as the mechanic can be fairly simply to implement but has the issue of power creep and how its fridge logic that goes with it.

I'm thinking I'm liking the former more, but I may need to limit the character to two abilities at a time, three I think would be fairly unstoppable if he could find the right three.

Still requires a lot of thought, considering the source material and the likely demographic of readers I want a good balance between "cool" and "interesting" a too powerful character I understand loses interest points even if it is admittedly cool.
I like your ideas, but I will agree- every original character needs a lot of thought put into them- even then be warned. I know a lot of people that refuse to read anything labeled with 'original character' on it.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:25   Link #269
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Wait, out of curiosity do you mean "indeed it was" as "obviously if the book exists in universe she did" or "its confirmed via word of god/on screen/in text that the Necronomicon was mentioned?"
It is one of the books stated that are contained within Index. That's all, never touched upon in details.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:54   Link #270
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Currently I have three separate ideas of spin-offs to Toaru Majutsu no Index:

Quote:
The first one is a Magic Side story about two fugitives: a member of Annihilatus who is pursued by unknown forces, and a former part of the custodians of the Vatican Library.

After Roger Gnats involves himself with a SISTERS clone (Serial Number 13173), he and Sofia delle Alighieri seek unexpected refuge in the residence of two magicians from the Pearl of the Orient; later, they help out in retrieving a magical grimoire which has the power to expand the boundaries of the Spanish Stellar Denomination.
Quote:
The second acts as a counterpart to the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun series.
It takes place in District 6, which is predominantly occupied by colleges and universities.

Judgment Branch 61 of District 6, led by Tatsuda Haru, welcomes new members named Masamori Kouji, a Level 4 Compressor, and Asai Shiori, a Level 3 Igniter. Kouji rescues a blind girl named Sanada Saika in a Skill-Out-related incident, and soon discovers her past... and her future involvements in a planned terrorist attack.
Quote:
For me, the third is the most challenging idea I have faced. It takes place as a spin-off for the first story, with the war between Espers and Magicians developing at roughly the same time as the first.

A highly prestigious academic institution only referred to as The University is starting to unveil its secrets to a chosen few. Enzo, a former student and part of a lineage of magicians, reenters the campus to take down the experiments that he has discovered to be part of the hidden side of The University. Meanwhile, a girl named Eloise becomes involved after offering her aid, and decides to join him in the quest to save the students whom they assume are of great danger.

However, they soon realize that not everything is what is seems.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 06:53   Link #271
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Don't worry about the original characters; you could always join us at Toaru Original Character Creation and Discussion Group. We ha4xxbust have cookies.
Old 2010-10-29, 08:27   Link #272
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Someone should write a crack shipping fic for EirinXHeaven Canceller (the guy will have his dream come true!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 12:19   Link #273
outerelf

Title: A Certain Albino and Idiot
Rating: T(?)
Pairings: Touma/Accelerator
A/N: THIS STORY CONTAINS YAOI. It is also slightly AU because it’s a hodgepodge of characters from different novels. The basics of the plot came from a forum post by shmaster. That is all.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6445118/...bino_and_Idiot

Last edited by outerelf; 2010-11-01 at 22:02.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:18   Link #274
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

nihihihi. You actually wrote it?

Looking forward to the chaos that will happen from here on out.
Old 2010-11-01, 22:57   Link #275
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I've been working on a TAMNI fanfic for awhile now. It's been a year since I put the first chapter up. After a fateful encounter with an anonymous reviewer, he/she helped me work on the story over again. I'll have some newly revised chapters up soon, and I'll post the link here.
Old 2010-11-01, 23:22   Link #276
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
A/N: THIS STORY CONTAINS YAOI. It is also slightly AU because it’s a hodgepodge of characters from different novels. The basics of the plot came from a forum post by shmaster. That is all.

It is here!! IT IS REALLY HERE!!!
*Shmaster dances around like a certain spinning fish girl.

Quote:
They needed to stop the red-haired man from getting close, as well as a few of the oddly dressed women. Misaka Mikoto, despite being the original, was definitely not allowed to cross paths, and Kuroko was perfect for that. In all, the path to the park was the most danger free that Touma had ever experienced.
And this, this is one of the funniest line I have seen, consider what is at the end if the road.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 02:38   Link #277
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know where to post this, but seeing anime characters in a fan-made fighting game (like Touhou characters in MUGEN) makes me want to do a similar project with Index characters. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 11:11   Link #278
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post

I've saw something shining but isn't "light", that thing else has dragged me into a darkness I never will be able to crawl up ever again x_X;;.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 23:36   Link #279
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
nihihihi. You actually wrote it?

Looking forward to the chaos that will happen from here on out.
Yes, I actually wrote it. My little joke really got out of hand, and I do deliver on what I say I will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It is here!! IT IS REALLY HERE!!!
*Shmaster dances around like a certain spinning fish girl.

And this, this is one of the funniest line I have seen, consider what is at the end if the road.
Glad to see that you're happy, seeming how you gave me the basis for the plot. Now- how to justify their relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I've saw something shining but isn't "light", that thing else has dragged me into a darkness I never will be able to crawl up ever again x_X;;.
... Sorry? I did warn you...
Old 2010-11-03, 01:07   Link #280
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Let's push the sanity of those two to the limit first. Push them into situations that they can't look away from one another.....

I think the next step is to make Accelerator appears as someone that needs to be defended in Touma's eyes, thus leading Touma to rescue Accelerator over and over again.
Of course, Accelerator would no longer be bale to keep his cool if Touma keeps coming to save him.

So, something like Last Order purposely cause trouble when Accelerator is doing his job as GROUP, then Index dispatches Touma to save the day.

......or we can do something a bit more extreme..... when Accelerator and Touma get trapped in somewhere they can't immediately escape with only two pf them..... Last Order terminates Accelerator's connection with Misaka Network, forcing Touma to take care of the most powerless Accelerator.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction