AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-12, 01:06   Link #201
XxshadowxX7

Well since im new here. These are some advice on what to do about your brothers addiction.

Well since your parents are ignorant about brothers addiction. You could always buy a hidden camera and hide it in his room recording what you been telling your parent about your brothers addiction. Also you should so some articles about other people with simliar addictions to your bother. Proof is always stronger than words.

Are you only paying for the electric bill?
If you are paying other bills also like the phone bill cancelled the internet service

At least what these would do is get your parents to think more about your brothers addiction and since brother your brother has a job now. Get him to start paying his part of the bills.
XxshadowxX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 03:53   Link #202
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
lol he doesn't sleep :X?
Some people really don't, I've seen people staying up until 2am to find a free map in a game and then just glue their heads on their screen until school time. When I asked them if they sleep, they said they slept at school or after lunch, then woke up at 8, studied till 9 or 10 and then back to playing.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 17:27   Link #203
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Some people really don't, I've seen people staying up until 2am to find a free map in a game and then just glue their heads on their screen until school time. When I asked them if they sleep, they said they slept at school or after lunch, then woke up at 8, studied till 9 or 10 and then back to playing.
I contracted a serious insomnia during my third year in high school, special thanks to exams.

It lasted until now, a straight one and a half years in which I sleep less than 4 hours per day. Sometimes I got through for 3-4 days without sleep or fatigue. Not a wonder most working adults can overwork themselves without realising it.

P.S Have you let him try any other game other than those 2? Like single player types with intriguing storylines (Clannad, and Yume Miru Kusuri <H-rated>) or complex work systems (System/Bio Shock, RE series, Dead Space)? I doubt he lacks emotion, because despite all my lack of respect for the living, I almost teared when I played Aeka's storyline from YMK.

If he shows emotion like fear, sadness and dejection, he should be in the "lockup phase" where he is venting his discontent on the games. Perfectly fine to leave it alone unless he shows signs of planning a Columbine.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 18:54   Link #204
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Anyhow, one day I walked into his room saying: "Stop playing counter-strike Michael, and take a break" He doesn't respond, puts the volume up louder and plays even more just pretending I am not there. (When I said that, he was playing counter-strike ever since he woke up at 9am, did his homework for 30min. saying he finished in 2 hours (which was bull@#$% as well), and is not stopping until possibly 10pm). What infuriated me the most was, I told him that he never takes a break and all he does is just play counterstrike all day. He has become so obsessed with becoming an admin or w/e, and his personality has turned arrogant, selfish, stupid, and violent. Anyone know how to correct this psychological behavior he is exhibiting to me? He threw one of his pencil cases at me when I walked out the door, (so I got angry and threw it back at him, considering I only told him to stop playing counterstrike in a very calm voice stating the facts that he was indeed playing for more than 10 hours at home) Later after that pencil case hits him, oh it was definently like the apocalyse. My brother actually got out of his seat to punch me, (rather than going downstairs ONLY for food and going back up), turned into a whole mess, and I made him cry. (Of Course>_>). Anyhow know what I should do? I really want to break his laptop...just plain chuck it out of the window, or change the password to his STEAM account purposefully.
you cant do nothing about it, except hope he grows out of it and realises that hes a loser

you can try get the internet disconnected from his room or something, but if hes addicted to it...then its no different from drugs really, he will probably snap all the time or fall into depression (if he happens to have no friends also)

modern day illness
Old 2009-06-12, 22:37   Link #205
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I contracted a serious insomnia during my third year in high school, special thanks to exams.

It lasted until now, a straight one and a half years in which I sleep less than 4 hours per day. Sometimes I got through for 3-4 days without sleep or fatigue. Not a wonder most working adults can overwork themselves without realising it.

P.S Have you let him try any other game other than those 2? Like single player types with intriguing storylines (Clannad, and Yume Miru Kusuri <H-rated>) or complex work systems (System/Bio Shock, RE series, Dead Space)? I doubt he lacks emotion, because despite all my lack of respect for the living, I almost teared when I played Aeka's storyline from YMK.

If he shows emotion like fear, sadness and dejection, he should be in the "lockup phase" where he is venting his discontent on the games. Perfectly fine to leave it alone unless he shows signs of planning a Columbine.
I don't really consider the condition insomnia. The fact is that he just can't get off the computer when I want him to, or when I tell him to, and let alone his need to play a variety of games in a certain sequence. The one who is truly suffering insomnia would be me, and the surrond-sound for the computer games do not help at all. (I can't study, the sound is just distracting, and he puts the sound up so darn loud). He has played Resident Evil, but thought it was a boring game due to the AI. (Which I disagreed with him; considering that RE4's, and RE5's AI system were considered revolutionary along with the new point/aim system). I have gone for more than a week w/out sleep because of his gaming, and it is terrible. To that point, my body during my classes, felt completely sluggish, dazed, and weak. I remember at one point I was literally putting toothpaste into cereal, and turning the sink on and off for no reason whatsover. But a previous user mentioned that I should hide the cables. I should DO that, if he momentarily gets off the computer to go eat or something, and I am CONSIDERING to hide it for at least a week. (I hope he doesn't go through withdrawal systems ).
Old 2009-06-12, 22:39   Link #206
killer911
Hikikomori

beat him like a rented mule.
killer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 23:32   Link #207
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I don't really consider the condition insomnia. The fact is that he just can't get off the computer when I want him to, or when I tell him to, and let alone his need to play a variety of games in a certain sequence. The one who is truly suffering insomnia would be me, and the surrond-sound for the computer games do not help at all. (I can't study, the sound is just distracting, and he puts the sound up so darn loud). He has played Resident Evil, but thought it was a boring game due to the AI. (Which I disagreed with him; considering that RE4's, and RE5's AI system were considered revolutionary along with the new point/aim system). I have gone for more than a week w/out sleep because of his gaming, and it is terrible. To that point, my body during my classes, felt completely sluggish, dazed, and weak. I remember at one point I was literally putting toothpaste into cereal, and turning the sink on and off for no reason whatsover. But a previous user mentioned that I should hide the cables. I should DO that, if he momentarily gets off the computer to go eat or something, and I am CONSIDERING to hide it for at least a week. (I hope he doesn't go through withdrawal systems ).
Okay, now you can tell him that he's actually ruining your daily life. Tell him bluntly that if he wants to screw over his own life, he can at least not be a douche and screw with others' lives, like yours. If he can't keep his own addiction even reasonably discreet then I'm truly disgusted.

You're hurting yourself by ignoring this. If you want to steal his cables, steal the ones for the speakers. He'll get headphones, and you'll get peace while you think more rationally.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 00:29   Link #208
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Yeah...i wouldn't suggest HIDING that cable though, getting his steam account or w/e accounts temporarily stopped would help. But just ending the internet connection there would be the best so that he doesn't freak out at you for hiding his shit.

But if he's just that type of unreasonable kid, there's nothing you can do except take it away from him and say

"enough is enough! If you want these back you're gonna have to follow a few rules, and no FUCKING BUTs, you've gone on long enough without anyone actually doing anything."
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 00:34   Link #209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Though I am still pretty convinced that he isn't taking the hard action against the situation, just the regular ranting, scolding, and maybe hitting.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 01:05   Link #210
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay dude honestly this has gone on long enough. If you can't frigging control the kid then what can you do? No offense, it's NOT that hard to get your little brother to listen to you.

I don't know what your parents are like, but sit them down and talk to them too. Talk some fucking sense into them.

And stop coming back to this forum if you can't get your little bro to listen. There's only so much we CAN TELL YOU, but the REST IS UP TO YOU to solve for yourself. You have to TAKE THE ACTION.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote