AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-18, 19:01   Link #1661
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Even as a huge Saki fan, I have to sympathize with those disliking how much Saki is dominating this year.

I strongly defended Madoka Magica domination in 2011, but that was partly because the anti-Madoka side of the equation at least put up a serious and interesting fight right through the semis (as was already mentioned, Squid Girl gave Mami quite the fight in the Final 8 match-ups). I also think there was a bit more doubt as to which Madoka girl would win it all, whereas Toki winning J-SaiMoe 2012 seems like a fait accompli at this point, and we're not even into the Final 8 yet.
I think that even the weakest of the Saki representatives fought the best contenders head on, unfortunately the Saki voters are highly supportive to the underdogs so the competition has been decided early on.

I also think that Madoka girls made their lives easier last year by having 3 out of 4 representatives in the Semifinals so that helped them.
Old 2012-10-18, 19:30   Link #1662
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
It can happen if her opponents are weak enough.
A.k.a. luck of the draw.

Spoiler for Has the Wall come down yet?:
Old 2012-10-18, 22:06   Link #1663
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think that PMMM's fate in J-SaiMoe 2013 will probably depend a lot on the quality of the competition. If PMMM ends up facing the sort of competition that Saki is running into this year, then PMMM might win it all again even if they do face a bit of a backlash for doing so well in 2011.

Looking at the world of anime right now, I'm not sure who really stands out as "girls to watch" next year. I guess maybe a Little Busters girl? Or somebody in Chunnibyou?
Old 2012-10-18, 22:13   Link #1664
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
I think that PMMM's fate in J-SaiMoe 2013 will probably depend a lot on the quality of the competition. If PMMM ends up facing the sort of competition that Saki is running into this year, then PMMM might win it all again even if they do face a bit of a backlash for doing so well in 2011.

Looking at the world of anime right now, I'm not sure who really stands out as "girls to watch" next year. I guess maybe a Little Busters girl? Or somebody in Chunnibyou?
Saki and Madoka won't be looked as much of a favorite next year. However, remember these two names: Rin Natsume and Noumi Kudryavka. Also, I think the new Sailor Moon anime is supposed to air next year, so there's that possibility of the Moonfaced One enjoying what she couldn't enjoy back in '92: participation in the show.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:24   Link #1665
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Saki and Madoka won't be looked as much of a favorite next year. However, remember these two names: Rin Natsume and Noumi Kudryavka. Also, I think the new Sailor Moon anime is supposed to air next year, so there's that possibility of the Moonfaced One enjoying what she couldn't enjoy back in '92: participation in the show.
So Saki is supposed to be back next year? Is that due to the staggered airing approach of Achiga-hen's episodes?

If so, Saki vs. Madoka might be pretty interesting after this year and the last.

Toki vs. Homura, Nodoka vs. Mami, Kuro vs. Madoka, 'Subaru!' vs. Kyouko, and Saki vs. Sayaka are all matches I'd love to see.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:28   Link #1666
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
So Saki is supposed to be back next year? Is that due to the staggered airing approach of Achiga-hen's episodes?

If so, Saki vs. Madoka might be pretty interesting after this year and the last.

Toki vs. Homura, Nodoka vs. Mami, Kuro vs. Madoka, 'Subaru!' vs. Kyouko, and Saki vs. Sayaka are all matches I'd love to see.
Yeah, well, unfortunately, the voters who were shafted by both camps will elect to go in a different direction next season.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:31   Link #1667
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having the Sailor Scouts arrive might shift the balance of power if they can maintain a moe quota over the rest of the magical girls at least.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:34   Link #1668
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Having the Sailor Scouts arrive might shift the balance of power if they can maintain a moe quota over the rest of the magical girls at least.
I want Her Lunar Highness to win it all. Nuff said.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:43   Link #1669
Archaeon

To be honest,aside from Saki characters such as Toki,Saki,Hisa and Koromo, there really isn't anyone else that I would like to see winning.Most non Saki characters in this year tournament are not really interesting. My non Saki favorite, Hinagiku already been knock out very early on.

Most of my non Saki favorite are doing well in ISML more than Japan Saimoe.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-10-18 at 23:08.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:51   Link #1670
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I remember thinking early on that this year's Saimoe was going to be really interesting because of all the returning veterans and all the promising newcomers. And now I see myself staring at tournament charts dominantly painted in one color by one faction guaranteed to get at least five and up to six slots in the Elite Eight.
Quote:
However, remember these two names: Rin Natsume and Noumi Kudryavka.
I really like Rin, so I'm saying as early as now that she's getting a spot in my favorites list next year. Of course, the #1 spot is still reserved, naturally - for my #1 girl.
Quote:
Also, I think the new Sailor Moon anime is supposed to air next year, so there's that possibility of the Moonfaced One enjoying what she couldn't enjoy back in '92: participation in the show.
Might be interesting to see the old school magical girls tangle with the new blood of this era.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:52   Link #1671
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Crybaby Usagi? Hmmm. Maybe. Last I checked, Ami was still the most popular of them.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:59   Link #1672
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Sailor Moon is Summer 2013 so it'll mostly like will appear in Saimoe 2014.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:01   Link #1673
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-18, 23:04   Link #1674
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Sailor Moon is Summer 2013 so it'll mostly like will appear in Saimoe 2014.
If that's the case, the door is wide open for the Little Busters to roll into town.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:06   Link #1675
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the show starts up before July 1, 2013, it is in.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:21   Link #1676
RJ TAYLER

Sailor Moon is perhaps the only show that could have gone back-to-back with winners during it's run, the only back-to-back champion would have been Ruri from Martian Successor Nadesico ; had the tournament started a decade prior to 2002.
Old 2012-10-19, 00:02   Link #1677
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, well, unfortunately, the voters who were shafted by both camps will elect to go in a different direction next season.
With all due respect, you don't know that.

Is Kanade or Mikoto facing a backlash this year in ISML?

Just because a character, or a faction, does well one year doesn't mean they won't do well in the future. It's an interesting theory that they'll face backlash, but that's all it is, a theory.

For all we know, J-SaiMoe 2013 may come down to Saki faction vs. Madoka faction.

Also, saying voters were "shafted" is just silly. People who didn't support Madoka characters, and people who didn't support Saki characters, were simply outvoted over these past two years. That's not "shafted". Shafted is like what happened to Homura in 2011 - Shafted means actual cheating at play, not just losing fair and square.
Old 2012-10-19, 02:09   Link #1678
stormtrooper

Quote:

Just because a character, or a faction, does well one year doesn't mean they won't do well in the future. It's an interesting theory that they'll face backlash, but that's all it is, a theory.

For all we know, J-SaiMoe 2013 may come down to Saki faction vs. Madoka faction.

Also, saying voters were "shafted" is just silly. People who didn't support Madoka characters, and people who didn't support Saki characters, were simply outvoted over these past two years. That's not "shafted". Shafted is like what happened to Homura in 2011 - Shafted means actual cheating at play, not just losing fair and square.
I don't think both Kanade and Mikoto are receiving as much backlash as Shana does. Even if they do, they are just resilient. They both know how to win.

If next year, the match would come down to Madoka vs Saki, then I guess this decade will be about faction wars hehe. Not that I don't like it though and surprise winners are always good. It's gonna go down to which faction is better every year.

Homura just faced bad luck last year, but yeah I guess it's a good thing it happened or else Mami won't win.
Old 2012-10-19, 02:19   Link #1679
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:

Amen. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next year but I'm sure it's going to be a bloodbath between huge factions. And I'm hoping my Madoka faction owns them all
Old 2012-10-19, 02:35   Link #1680
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Amen. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next year but I'm sure it's going to be a bloodbath between huge factions. And I'm hoping my Madoka faction owns them all
How likely will SAO crash the party?
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament