AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-06, 22:13   Link #3441
nacer666

‏‎Romance is not the main theme of this novel.Tatsuya isn't some simple minded protagonist who spends the whole story thinking only about girls.He have greater goals like destroying the yotsuba and anyone who stands in his way,also he wants to end the usage of mages as tools and free them.‎
Old 2013-03-06, 23:10   Link #3442
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorya View Post
After reading volume 8 till chapter 11:

''Yandere'' Miyuki's soooo cute≧﹏≦

and the Story through kids POV's really refreshing especially Miyuki's reactions ~T_T~

But what bothers me the most is why her own mother, who so overwhelmingly tries to separate the siblings/ or preventing to ever develop some siblings love BTW them, that rude behavior towards her own son and treating him as a slave and all (now come-on there isn't any Mother who would treat her own "biological son" like trash even if he's good for nothing or even if she's "emotionally broken" *speculation on the basis of short summaries*)
also her so favourable treatment towards Miyuki *well it can be because of her being chosen as candidate for future head position of Yotsuba unlike her incapable Brother BUT sometimes it feels like Miya's treating her as not "her own daughter" but someone's else* (at the least it feels like that to me).
From what has been transalted so far of volume 8 Miya really doesn't seem to treat Miyuki much diffrent then Tatsuya . One disadvantage of volume 8 is that it is only from Miyuki's POV and She isn't too good at reading people at age 12. Take Tatsuya going to the Air Force Base. Miyuki sees it as her mother ordering Tatsuya around, but Tatsuya expresses intrest in the training on base and his normal duties and restictions on keeping the family secrets would likly not allow him to go. Also the situation would not have existed if Sakurai hadn't sugested a women's only event. So what are the true motivations of everyone there? Was Sakurai trying to get Tatsuya free time? Was Miya heartlessly ordering him around or giveing him permission to do something he was intrested in but normaly not able to do under the guise of an order. What about the order to act like siblings? Volume 4 stated "Before that fateful summer three years ago, even if they were living under the same roof, they practically never interacted with one another. Their current proximity was something strictly forbidden by their mother just as she denied any normal sibling interaction. Still, that may have been something decided by the Yotsuba Family. "
Volume 8 chapter 10 gave me chilling thought. What happend to Tatsuya might have been more humae then what happend to the Yotsuba of Maya and Miya's generation.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:03   Link #3443
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
From what has been transalted so far of volume 8 Miya really doesn't seem to treat Miyuki much diffrent then Tatsuya . One disadvantage of volume 8 is that it is only from Miyuki's POV and She isn't too good at reading people at age 12. Take Tatsuya going to the Air Force Base. Miyuki sees it as her mother ordering Tatsuya around, but Tatsuya expresses intrest in the training on base and his normal duties and restictions on keeping the family secrets would likly not allow him to go. Also the situation would not have existed if Sakurai hadn't sugested a women's only event. So what are the true motivations of everyone there? Was Sakurai trying to get Tatsuya free time? Was Miya heartlessly ordering him around or giveing him permission to do something he was intrested in but normaly not able to do under the guise of an order. What about the order to act like siblings? Volume 4 stated "Before that fateful summer three years ago, even if they were living under the same roof, they practically never interacted with one another. Their current proximity was something strictly forbidden by their mother just as she denied any normal sibling interaction. Still, that may have been something decided by the Yotsuba Family. "
Volume 8 chapter 10 gave me chilling thought. What happend to Tatsuya might have been more humae then what happend to the Yotsuba of Maya and Miya's generation.
Which brings me to believe that the fact his mother love him too much and become yandere, thus making Tatsuya avoids everyone so that she could be hers alone!

humu.

Old 2013-03-07, 02:03   Link #3444
Shorya
::>_<::

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You say Miya treats both of them equally??
I don't really find Tatsuya any better than how a servant is treated by her Mistress ( it's more like he's from a family which's serving Yotsuba for generations)
even if the story's being taught through a kid's POV, but even a kid can understand the discrimination when it's this obvious.

I don't really find any hidden motive behind Miya's sending Tatsuya to Kazama; it was more like she don't want him to be idle and just to always be engrossed in something or other.

And it's been told numerous times that Miyuki's memory about their childhood is fuzzy and she can't remember anything proper and whenever she tries to her Mind goes blank due to some "Unknown" reason *and that's what I was pointing out, her strange behavior whenever she tries to sort out her mind about their past and Tatsuya's Guardian duty; why she can't free Tatsuya even if she really wanted him to be; and Yotsuba's absolute trust that Miyuki will never betray them*

*sigh* it always happened; first we're always told how inhuman the "Villain" is, then the Author will reveal a side story about the 'tragic' past and will force us readers to sympathies with him/her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Which brings me to believe that the fact his mother love him too much and become yandere, thus making Tatsuya avoids everyone so that she could be hers alone!

humu.

hahahahaha.......!!!! yeah the best possible option; and it could also express why's she's so strict to him because instead of her Tatsuya treats Miyuki more favorably. ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Old 2013-03-07, 03:07   Link #3445
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:

humu.
HAAHHAHA!! If that is true. Then if would be extremely funny!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-07, 03:39   Link #3446
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

There is a little question at Vampire arc.

"Lina simply thinks to a legend she had heard about a magic which could alter the mental structure, though the Magician had been unmarried and died twenty years ago in the hospital."

Is she Shiba Miya?

Because the event of untouchable, Yotsuba become much more hidden than before and using alias for family name. So faking someone alive to become dead is normal.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:38   Link #3447
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
‏‎Romance is not the main theme of this novel.Tatsuya isn't some simple minded protagonist who spends the whole story thinking only about girls.He have greater goals like destroying the yotsuba and anyone who stands in his way, [...]‎
For the love of god, where did you get THAT from? I've seen this weird stuff pop up every once in a while, but it's totally off.

Tatsuya does NOT have plans of vengeance or world domination. It is NOT that he plans the destruction of the Yotsuba as part of his goals (it's rather that he realistically expects that he will clash with them - particularly Maya - in the future), and it's most definitely NOT so that he'd try to destroy "anyone who stands in his way". Those are the wet fantasies of those reader-fans who masturbate to Tatsuya's seeming omnipotence.

What seems so easily forgotten: Tatsuya is still lacking the emotional requirements for such kind of vindictive (or if you prefer to keep it more neutral: ambitious) plans. He doesn't hate the Yotsuba, because he cannot _feel_ hate. He doesn't desire power because he cannot _feel_ desire. What he has is intellect, and intellectually he grasps that he needs to prepare for a clash with Yotsuba. He intellectually decided that he wants to develop the reactor for the greater good of the people and especially magicians. But he's not the kind of repressed-ambitious "just you see and don't dare oppose me" kind of avenger that some folks want to picture him.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:53   Link #3448
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
and about Honoka its gonna be a pleasure if she dies becuz its gonna add to Tatsuya's emotion,cuz its gonna be his first friend dying!!!
what ..... pleasure you say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
That's highly unlikely considering that she fears him if anything and she has no emotions anywhere close to love towards Tatsuya.
yeah, later she don't see him in a romantic way.
Old 2013-03-07, 05:36   Link #3449
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post

yeah, later she don't see him in a romantic way.
That is an uncredited claim i must say.
Old 2013-03-07, 05:50   Link #3450
mumalkatar

Location: Residential District of 22nd Floor of Tower of God,
correct me if i'm wrong,

Tatsuya from birth can only capable of 'erasing and restoring' eidos, which in the eye of Yotsubas is not enough to be called as a magician, since magician is someone who can change/modifying the information in the eidos.

So, his mother (miya) and his aunt (maya) performed an operation on him, to insert a 'calculation processor' inside his brain. The operation failed, resulting only in a small capability of calculation and the loss of almost all Tatsuya's emotions (except you know what).

am i right? since I think this is the reason why Tatsuya is capable using such divine and demonic magic (from his talent alone), and yet his invocation speed is still suck for common magic (because the processor in his brain is well, not great).
Old 2013-03-07, 06:22   Link #3451
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumalkatar View Post
correct me if i'm wrong,

Tatsuya from birth can only capable of 'erasing and restoring' eidos, which in the eye of Yotsubas is not enough to be called as a magician, since magician is someone who can change/modifying the information in the eidos.

So, his mother (miya) and his aunt (maya) performed an operation on him, to insert a 'calculation processor' inside his brain. The operation failed, resulting only in a small capability of calculation and the loss of almost all Tatsuya's emotions (except you know what).

am i right? since I think this is the reason why Tatsuya is capable using such divine and demonic magic (from his talent alone), and yet his invocation speed is still suck for common magic (because the processor in his brain is well, not great).
Pretty much. Although the operation wasn't a complete fail. It just didn't live up to expectations.
Old 2013-03-07, 06:36   Link #3452
nacer666

I have a feeling that failure will somehow get fixed in the future and tatsuya will get even more powerful.
Old 2013-03-07, 06:46   Link #3453
bludvein

Quote:
I have a feeling that failure will somehow get fixed in the future and tatsuya will get even more powerful.
I hope not...He is already too overpowered. If you take away his only weakness(and a minor one at that) what's left? Actually, its not even a real weakness....
Old 2013-03-07, 07:01   Link #3454
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Are you mean that Tatsuya will upgrade the processor to Intel i7?

After reading all summary, I assume that outside from Tatsuya's circle (Miki, Mizuki, Leo, Erika, Honoka, Shizuku, and Miyuki), everyone has their own agenda. Like we see that Fujibayashi is a nice onee-san but for helping her grandfather, she will not hesitant to decieve Tatsuya.
Old 2013-03-07, 07:30   Link #3455
mumalkatar

Location: Residential District of 22nd Floor of Tower of God,
Quote:
well it might be. but i prefer him as he is now. even if it's somehow fixed, i hope he is still emotionless, since it's part of his charm as an mc.
Old 2013-03-07, 07:34   Link #3456
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well yeah, what did the 9 school and the 101 battalion lost?
Barely nothing and what did GEA lost mostly all their army

and about Honoka its gonna be a pleasure if she dies becuz its gonna add to Tatsuya's emotion,cuz its gonna be his first friend dying!!!
Spoiler for Erika:

Thats just me loosing to my fantasy world!

I completely agree with you!!!!

Erika is the REAL THREAT to all other shipping groups!!!

Actually, TatsuyaXErika pairing is THE ONE I'm currently giving my full support!!

I was about to write the explanation for the possibility of this pairing, which I believe to be the highest one at this moment, later. But since pampz21 has started this, I will do it now (in brief...... I hope).

Spoiler for It will be long.:

THIS IS F***ING LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Even though I try to make it short, it's still long.
P.S.2 I don't know now if there is a grammatical mistake. It's just too long!!

Spoiler for P.S.3 About the Yotsuba.:

P.S.4 When I look closely, it isn't really that long.

Spoiler for P.S. 5:

P.S.6 I forgot to mention that Miyuki also like Erika to some extent. I really love the moment in V.7 when Erika compliment Miyuki's Cocytus and Miyuki return it with her smile. In V.3, Miyuki also think that Erika have some feeling for her brother. So I think she's okay with Erika.

Last edited by CatRules; 2013-03-07 at 16:51. Reason: P.S. 4-6 + new sentence in the first spoiler
Old 2013-03-07, 07:54   Link #3457
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Spoiler for P.S.3 About the Yotsuba.:
huuuhh ?

can you tell me when erika says that ?
Old 2013-03-07, 08:00   Link #3458
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
The school competition arc.

Old 2013-03-07, 08:03   Link #3459
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
^
The school competition arc.
Really, which volume precisely(if you know)?
Old 2013-03-07, 08:08   Link #3460
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just read it. You'll probably find it pretty quick...

but oh well, it's the chapter where Tatsuya and the other just arrived at the competition.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings