AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-29, 15:30   Link #2921
DMurphy

So, after what's been said in this thread, I've looked into this, and the only concrete source I can find on this is Nico-Nico, and that's -- not necessarily an accurate gauge of public opinion in Japan.

It's not any kind of official source, after all, it's basically just Youtube, and that skews things -- for starters, the people voting on worst episodes there and the show's actual target audience aren't likely to have a lot of overlap, but also in general, internet forums don't necessarily make for an accurate metric of wider opinion.

As far as more easily verifiable sources go, we know that Arc-V came in #64 in the Tokyo Anime Award Festival's Top 90 Anime of 2016, which certainly isn't an amazing response, but does indicate that it's enjoyed enough that a prominent anime festival feels more than safe giving it a respectable spot in a top anime list.

A quick glance at Konami's financial reports for 2016 also specifically highlight Yu-Gi-Oh merchandise domestic sales as being 'particularly strong' which would indicate that people are responding enough to the show to go out and buy merchandise in excess of what Konami was expecting.

tl;dr: If you want to gauge the show's popularity in Japan, it'd pay to interrogate the viability of your sources.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 16:01   Link #2922
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Can you requote that article or link it here for us?
i am interested to read especially if that article written directly from japan site.
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E9%81%8A%...95%8F%E9%A1%8C
I actually haven't read over it recently, so I'm not really sure if anything has been updated. But it's a pretty good read. I think it goes over most of the problems in the anime. Yes, there was nothing but problems, but well...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 01:35   Link #2923
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

How many of the show's target audience are wordy enough to go online to complain about it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 01:53   Link #2924
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Like everyone
Agreed, I try to take the good with the bad but this.........no good here.
Old 2017-03-30, 09:04   Link #2925
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E9%81%8A%...95%8F%E9%A1%8C
I actually haven't read over it recently, so I'm not really sure if anything has been updated. But it's a pretty good read. I think it goes over most of the problems in the anime. Yes, there was nothing but problems, but well...
I'd tried to read a bit using google translate but it's not entirely accurate.
anyway it's glad to read article from japan at least that confirmed japanese realised how bad Arc-v had ended.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 17:57   Link #2926
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Once upon a time, there was a man named Kurosaki.
He was willing to do anything to take back his sister.
He never really was able to fight and take back his sister, as he was spending his time getting knocked out by random debri or stunguns.
His sister disappeared. His best friend disappeared.
The protagonist forces him to smile and give up on getting his sister back. The protagonist gets his girlfriend back.

This apparently is a happy end.

..............??????????????????????????

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 20:38   Link #2927
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Once upon a time, there was a man named Kurosaki.
He was willing to do anything to take back his sister.
He never really was able to fight and take back his sister, as he was spending his time getting knocked out by random debri or stunguns.
His sister disappeared. His best friend disappeared.
The protagonist forces him to smile and give up on getting his sister back. The protagonist gets his girlfriend back.

This apparently is a happy end.

..............??????????????????????????
lol, I haven't watched the final 8 episodes, but this description rocks , so only one girl makes it? I don't mind the spoiler, but this is so retarded if it is true...well this news actually drives me more to watch the final 8 episodes to enjoy this ridiculousness
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 05:17   Link #2928
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, it's not like they're actually dead or anything. Or even suffering, for that matter.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 14:52   Link #2929
rladls2121

So where's Sound Duel 4?
No really, this is bad.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote