AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-09, 02:56   Link #281
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Meiling is coming back! Quick, how so we make her memorable?

Add cat ears and tail!

YES!

Seriously now, that was actually a better episode than I expected it to be, with Meiling bringing cheerfulness and fun to a supporting cast that desperatly needs it (minus Tomoyo and Kero, of course, they've always been awesome), and even when she acts all polite it works because that's not her usual self. I've been thinking lately about why Meiling is so beloved despite carrying the anime original label, which is often despised, or at best seen with aphatetic disdain, and a good part of the reason might be due to her fitting perfectly along the supportive Tomoyo and the cheerful yet often shy Sakura; she doesn't come off as an extra put in there to cover some space on the screen, but rather, one more member of the crew. Of course, there's much more to consider, like the shoujo-esque nature of the story making it very easy to add a doomed rival type character, and her debut came before anime, and some of its nastiest bits, really exploded thanks to the internet, but I don't want to make this (more of) a speech.

Back to the episode, thanks for letting us know Momo is familiar with that OP, I guess, and the scene with Akiho really makes you think about what exactly is going on and the origin of the new cards. Could it be this is just one fairy tale being brought to life? Kinda hope not, because that would make this entire series just a really long version of the Create card episode.
it possible it connected to some kind of fairy tale since every time akiho read one section of the book some kind of card apears in that case it happend to meiling when akiho been reading the thing about cat ears and tail
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 21:13   Link #282
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 14 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 22:36   Link #283
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Now, that's the kind of moments between Sakura and Li that I want to see! The whole sequence was good, really, as well as the SoL moments. A pretty good episode all around.

Also, screw Yamazaki, apparently
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 01:42   Link #284
Random14

Funny that Crunchyroll has Syaoran's picture in the description, especially in such a... cryptic scene. In the old anime Time was one cards Syaoran got instead of Sakura, I wonder if that's a coincidence or not. Well, he's definitely been training a lot for this.

So the Mirage was reacting to Sakura's thoughts (so was what Akiho was reading last episode a red herring?). I wonder how many other of the Clear Cards will react like that. Though after a close call like this, Sakura is a lot more worried. And again looks like Akiho doesn't have magic since Syaoran was the only one not pulled in (though he couldn't see the ears either).

Their happy shrine trip was cute, just too bad it was ruined by such a dangerous card. Meiling is such good support for Sakura and Syaoran. And so next time its a flashback to the movie play then, that looks like it'll be pretty funny too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 12:09   Link #285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So now Syaoran uses the same power as the Time card, which also drained his stamina a lot in the original. We've apparently seen how he acquired it and it was... weird. Like he was capturing it. It took the form of a ball rather than a card.

Anyway, nice moments between him and Sakura in this ep. That's what we've been wanting to see!

And it looks like Meiling will stick around longer. I thought she'd be gone after this ep. Next week's episode looks interesting, maybe it will finally clear up the status of the Sealed Card movie.
Old 2018-04-15, 12:55   Link #286
HandofFate

wow, Li's training is sure paying off. First, Magican's Red, and now Za Warudo!!!

hyped to see what Sakura's brother new power is.

Kero showing more signs of weakness. Other than him passing out after leaving the mirage. Him actually getting affected by the timestop is also another sign of him being weaker. Even if Li is powering up, don't think his magic levels should be able to overpower Kero normally.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2018-04-15 at 13:07.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 15:36   Link #287
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode did clear up a lot. Syaoran has been stressing out about getting stronger fast enough. He spent all that time at home working to get stronger and yet the situation continues to escalate. Pretty darn impressive though how much he's accomplished. Even managing grasp time control. There is clearly a ways to go for him and he can get way stronger, but that's still impressive work.

Maybe his most important role though was as emotional support. Sakura needed someone to help her calm down and regain some control. No wonder though that he's had no time for clubs. He's having to dedicate every spare moment to training in order to keep up with what is going on.

I'm curious about that book Akiho has though. Is it causing the new card incidents or is it picking up on Sakura's ability creating new cards and recording them?

Having Meiling around has been fun. She does add a different kind of energy to the main cast. May not have any magic and hasn't needed to fight while being here, but is an important emotional support. She's someone that can speak frankly with Sakura and Syaoran. That's a pretty valuable asset.
Old 2018-04-15, 16:16   Link #288
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
So the Mirage was reacting to Sakura's thoughts (so was what Akiho was reading last episode a red herring?). I wonder how many other of the Clear Cards will react like that. Though after a close call like this, Sakura is a lot more worried. And again looks like Akiho doesn't have magic since Syaoran was the only one not pulled in (though he couldn't see the ears either).
A couple of note on this:

1. It's possible that the "Clear Cards are the result of Sakura's desires" route is the actual red herring, with the Mirage card (which itself is an anime only card) being CLAMP's way of saying that they are well aware of this theory and are continuing to mislead viewers into that direction (rather than the route of the cards being based on the book) with a card that is directly inspired by Sakura's thoughts.

2. Given the name of the card, what are the odds that the only ones who actually got "pulled in" were Sakura and Kero, with the image of her friends as animals are a continuation of the Mirage's illusion (while back in the shrine, the friends may have noticed that Sakura is "zoned out", with Syaoran moving Sakura to a secluded part of the shrine area so that way he can use his magic without those who are not Tomoyo and Meiling noticing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Having Meiling around has been fun. She does add a different kind of energy to the main cast. May not have any magic and hasn't needed to fight while being here, but is an important emotional support. She's someone that can speak frankly with Sakura and Syaoran. That's a pretty valuable asset.
Personally, I felt that this last two episodes haven't really used Meiling to her full potential, as we've already had some bits involving her and Sakura via phone calls and text mail, while it was a coincidence that she was the first person that Sakura sees sporting animal features. To me, we really need an episode that actually shows Meiling being active and assist Sakura in capturing a card to really get the feel of the original series, and thankfully, it does look like her visit is going to last at least another week.
Old 2018-04-22, 04:13   Link #289
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 15 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 06:45   Link #290
Random14

Was this the first time in the new series we've had an episode end on a cliffhanger? Snooze sure is useful. And I could see Tomoyo totally running into any danger just to film Sakura, except that she doesn't want Sakura to worry either.

A bit of a slow episode with so many clips from the second movie. Is it another coincidence that they said the play was never finished due to an "earthquake", and it just so happens an actual earthquake happens? Not to mention Akiho and her book. Is the book recording Sakura's captures in real time?

Too bad not much (present) Syaoran in this episode. I wonder if all his off-screen time is spent training. Clips aside, Tomoyo and her mom are always fun. Especially Tomoyo's almost yandere level love for Sakura, that never gets old.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:30   Link #291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First episode I'm really disappointed in. Felt more like a recap than anything.
Old 2018-04-22, 11:54   Link #292
RDNexus

And with the series being only 22 episodes and nothing major having yet to happen... Hmm...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:18   Link #293
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I mean, we knew this is CLAMP before going in. For people who have watched Kobato, Tsubasa, the old CSS, heck, even Magic Knight Rayearth or X1999, we know CLAMP is pretty stingy with the speed at which they make plot reveals. Their series have always been more about the characters than the plot anyway.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:23   Link #294
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I feel they handled it quite well. At least it wasn't as blatant as other shows.

One thing that keeps surprising me, is the Fly clear card and it's personality. It seems to really like Sakura. It's the only card openly reacting to Sakura, bar the one of the previous episode that reacted to Sakura's fear. The Fly card is oddly "sentient"
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 16:14   Link #295
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To me, I see this as one of three things:

1. The play from The Sealed Card will eventually play some sort of role in the long run, with CLAMP making sure viewers are familiar with the events of it via an airing of the film during Clear Card's "break/recap" week and this episode (which is intended for whose Japanese viewers who didn't catch the film's airing and those overseas viewers that didn't know about the film's airing during Easter weekend).

2. CLAMP feeling that the next episode's Clear Card plot will not be enough to cover a full 30-minute episode and thus opted to drag this episode's intended Clear Card into next week's episode as well, with the Sealed Card recap being the way to drag the events in Tomoyo's home past the half hour mark.

3. Basically CLAMP realizing that they may not be able to complete this story with a season of 22 episodes and are in "filler mode" for a few episodes, only with them dragging things out (given what we've seen so far with the "Meiling's visit" arc) instead of coming up with weekly "anime only" cards like in the original series.
Old 2018-04-22, 16:44   Link #296
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post

Too bad not much (present) Syaoran in this series.
Fixed that for you.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 22:00   Link #297
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
To me, I see this as one of three things:

1. The play from The Sealed Card will eventually play some sort of role in the long run, with CLAMP making sure viewers are familiar with the events of it via an airing of the film during Clear Card's "break/recap" week and this episode (which is intended for whose Japanese viewers who didn't catch the film's airing and those overseas viewers that didn't know about the film's airing during Easter weekend).

2. CLAMP feeling that the next episode's Clear Card plot will not be enough to cover a full 30-minute episode and thus opted to drag this episode's intended Clear Card into next week's episode as well, with the Sealed Card recap being the way to drag the events in Tomoyo's home past the half hour mark.

3. Basically CLAMP realizing that they may not be able to complete this story with a season of 22 episodes and are in "filler mode" for a few episodes, only with them dragging things out (given what we've seen so far with the "Meiling's visit" arc) instead of coming up with weekly "anime only" cards like in the original series.
There are 4 anime orginal Clear Cards already and the next episode seems to anime original as well.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 00:41   Link #298
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Considering it's CLAMP, not to mention that it's Sakura, they may be betting or even already know that they're getting another season. The original Sakura didn't have near enough material to fill in seventy episodes either, which is why Sakura had more than double the cards she had in the manga.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 16:05   Link #299
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
There are 4 anime orginal Clear Cards already and the next episode seems to anime original as well.
I'm well aware of the four anime original cards so far (and the two that will appear in the next episodes). However:

1. Outside of a manga-based episode involving Sakura'a great-grandfather and a couple of episodes that hints about Yukito's alternate persona, the first two seasons made sure to have at least one card capture per episode.

2. While we've been going the "at least one capture a week" route during the first half of the new series, with the "Meiling's visit" arc, a lot of stuff does feel dragged out when it comes to the Clear Cards that need to be captured (i.e. we only get a hint about the Mirage card near the tail end of the first episode of the arc; the current episode ending with the "Clear Card Earthy" making its presence known).
Old 2018-04-28, 21:55   Link #300
charasu
DigiDestinied

wew today ep, kaito is creepy as fug :v

that combi with meiling tho :v