AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Sin is the next to die?
Lust 11 35.48%
Gluttony 8 25.81%
Envy 3 9.68%
Wrath 4 12.90%
Sloth 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-22, 08:50   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Who's Next?

At the current point in the storyline, which Sin do you think will die next? It's possible and even likely that Bones might pull off a somewhat disappointing 'crush all Sins in one blow' ending, which would suck, because they all deserve special attention... and yet we only have fourteen episodes left. And Pride hasn't even been introduced. Gah... I'm getting worried, only because I love the Sins so much.

So, back on topic, who do you think will be the next one to join the Pimp?

Also, please post the reasons for your choice!

I voted for Lust. Since the Elrics are in Ishbal, with Lust, Glut, and Envy following, I have a feeling they will somehow discover Lust's bones (perhaps with Scar's help... that would probably result in a full-fledged flashback). And once they find Lust's bones, Ed will know what to do.
Old 2004-06-22, 09:02   Link #2
kamij0

I vote for Lust too, I cant be sure if her bones could be found, bud somehow she kinda got too much of emotion during the last episode. And till now out of the 7 sins,she's the sin whom we know best. she got the most flashback, not like envy ( who cant even remember where he/she came from ) or gluttony ( completely no flashback whatsover)

If its according to fighter volk's assumption, Lust will be the next to go

another point

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-22, 09:07   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
I vote for Lust too, I cant be sure if her bones could be found, bud somehow she kinda got too much of emotion during the last episode. And till now out of the 7 sins,she's the sin whom we know best. she got the most flashback, not like envy ( who cant even remember where he/she came from ) or gluttony ( completely no flashback whatsover)

If its according to fighter volk's assumption, Lust will be the next to go
Hey, that's a good point, too. The better we get to know a character and the more we feel for them, the faster Bones kills them off. But really, she is the most developed of all the remaining Sins (except for Wrath maybe), and we seem to be slowly coming to some sort of Lust-plot climax here.
Old 2004-06-22, 09:13   Link #4
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
At the current point in the storyline, which Sin do you think will die next? It's possible and even likely that Bones might pull off a somewhat disappointing 'crush all Sins in one blow' ending, which would suck, because they all deserve special attention... and yet we only have fourteen episodes left. And Pride hasn't even been introduced. Gah... I'm getting worried, only because I love the Sins so much.

Since its just 14 episode left, they wont kill all the sins, they will kill 1 more sin at most,true they deserve special attention, but to cover their background in 14 episodes is totally out of point and might even derail the whole show.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-22, 09:29   Link #5
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Since its just 14 episode left, they wont kill all the sins, they will kill 1 more sin at most,true they deserve special attention, but to cover their background in 14 episodes is totally out of point and might even derail the whole show.

Spoiler:
If they were left alive, that'd be a pretty big plothole IMO. Especially after the dramatic Greed death scene where he told Ed how to kill them and all that. And it's probably impossible for them to become 'good' (Lust, episode 35). I don't think they need to cover their background - after all, Envy's forgotten his past, Gluttony was probably just an experiment in transmutation (go go Zauren!), we know all about Sloth and Wrath... the only thing Bones still needs to develop on their side is Pride, obviously. And also the mysterious 'He' that Envy and Lust have referred to in 34 and 35.
Old 2004-06-22, 09:42   Link #6
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
If they were left alive, that'd be a pretty big plothole IMO. Especially after the dramatic Greed death scene where he told Ed how to kill them and all that. And it's probably impossible for them to become 'good' (Lust, episode 35). I don't think they need to cover their background - after all, Envy's forgotten his past, Gluttony was probably just an experiment in transmutation (go go Zauren!), we know all about Sloth and Wrath... the only thing Bones still needs to develop on their side is Pride, obviously. And also the mysterious 'He' that Envy and Lust have referred to in 34 and 35.
I'm completely confused, So is it just me or that FMA is getting abit complicated, The philospher stone that the sins wanted others to create, It'll give them their soul, yet on the other hand, AL and Ed aint getting anywhere near to the stone ( maybe in the next epi) I got a feeling there will be tonnes of loopholes at the end of the show
Old 2004-06-22, 12:31   Link #7
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
i have a feeling that lust will die next seeing as how they put so much emphasis on her the last couple of episodes, and then suddenly they will kill lust!! but then again, it's unpredictable right now
Old 2004-06-22, 12:46   Link #8
The Prophet

Most likely Lust, as whenever a major character's time is drawing to a close in FMA(or most anime), they usually go very heavy on that character's backstory in the episode or episodes leading up to that character's death(like Hughes' flashbacks and Greed having LOTS of screentime). Lust has been getting a LOT of backstory lately, so she's probably doomed
Old 2004-06-23, 15:17   Link #9
Grona
Big Damit!

I'm just wondering if ....
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-23, 15:32   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the current story seems to be most related to Lust, which that side-story dedicated to her and Scar and Ishbar people taking a spotlight in the main plot... so...
Old 2004-06-23, 17:15   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
I'm just wondering if ....
Spoiler:
IMO definitely not, but who knows? They haven't even introduce Pride yet, though.
Old 2004-06-23, 17:35   Link #12
slickrick23

just a question

where are wraths bones? we know that for ed and al's mom they gathered all the materials that make up an adult human so there moms bones are still buried in the cemetary, but for wrath we see izumi take the dead body of her baby and try to revive it so uh ya where are wrath's bones?
Old 2004-06-23, 18:11   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm actually prone to Envy in being wasted, but that won't happen until another 14 or 15 episodes.

He-she plays an important role for the final arc, and bet sure he-she has something to do with between 'the anonymous person' and the Elrics.

I won't count on his-her death until either the penultimate or the last episode.
However, am I looking forward to an epic battle between him-her and Edward.
Ed has to pay him-her back vengeance 1000x times for what that a*****e did to him and forced him to do way back in episode 22.

And even eagerly expecting that battle more due that I recalled that Envy has no recollection of his-her original body yet.

My second candidate to be dead-wasted definitely is Gluttony. I can't bear him anymore, he's plain bozo and retarded.
Old 2004-06-23, 18:16   Link #14
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

I say Gluttony. Gluttony and Lust would be killed at the same time at least, and I'm inclined to think he would go before Lust would =D Sloth will probably be after those two, I imagine. Envy and Wrath will be next to die in my eyes, with Envy first and Wrath last.

But there is one factor, of course. Lust's bones have to still be around in old Ishbal, so she will doubtlessly die from it. But what about Gluttony and Envy? Unless this 'He' or Pride has the bones somewhere (He had the skull to deal with Greed at least), it's not a useful tip.

The last bit is Wrath. Wrath was made /with/ the original body, not with ingredients and attempted soul transmutation like Sloth was. Does that mean he'll have no weakness in the final battle?
Old 2004-06-23, 18:44   Link #15
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I do imagine Gluttony going down with Lust, but I'm not sure about the others. Wrath (and his bones) is obviously a problem as is Envy. Also, we do not know whether He is Pride or whether they're two different people.

Zauren, you refer to Pride as he, and as him having Greed's skull - does that mean that Pride has been revealed, or am I misunderstanding? No, he couldn't have been revealed - I'm too obsessed with the Sins to miss something like that. Or are you just implying that Archer is Pride? Well, that doesn't matter too much.
Old 2004-06-24, 04:04   Link #16
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Oh, sorry, that was an assumption on my part. I didn't mean to mess with your head, Volk.

But I believe firmly that Pride has already been seen. Someone we know. But not who we expect -- Bones seems clever enough not to try and develop a character at the last second. More to throw a new coat, a new dynamic angle, on one already firmly developed. Fuhrer? Dante? Hoenheim? Armstrong? Scar? Lylia? No idea! That's what I'm waiting to see!
Old 2004-06-24, 08:13   Link #17
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death

Well I agree with the lust and glutony will die next. As everyone said with all the attention lust is getting shes gonna be wasted. Hmm I wonder if Ed or Scar will do it.

Well as for Pride I still think that Mustang is the one that will defeat him/her. Assuming Pride is you know who. Manga readers should know.
Old 2004-06-24, 09:33   Link #18
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Oh, sorry, that was an assumption on my part. I didn't mean to mess with your head, Volk.

But I believe firmly that Pride has already been seen. Someone we know. But not who we expect -- Bones seems clever enough not to try and develop a character at the last second. More to throw a new coat, a new dynamic angle, on one already firmly developed. Fuhrer? Dante? Hoenheim? Armstrong? Scar? Lylia? No idea! That's what I'm waiting to see!
Okay, good

Bones will indeed probably pull off a really kickass surprise. I don't know if it will be as extreme as 'Alphonse Elric is Pride!!!' but I'm sure we won't see it coming. I trust in Bones, after RahXephon, Wolf's Rain, and their liberties with FMA. These guys are good at making their own plot twists.

What Gabriel said in the above post is interesting. Perhaps Scar will be the one to kill Lust, while the Elrics take on Gluttony? I think that would be pretty damn awesome. Not to mention the crazy amounts of dashing it would require
Old 2004-06-24, 09:46   Link #19
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Actually, why must all the Sins die? -_- I almost expect a few to be left behind so that the ending won't be perfectly happy and we're left with the knowledge that the world may be at peace now but it won't be for at peace forever.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-06-24, 10:04   Link #20
Antonik

Like many of you, I agree Lust and Gluttony will die next. It would be an obvious choice due to the emphesis on her character in episdoe 35... Atleast thats what i happen to belive.
Closed Thread