AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 22:45   Link #1381
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Spoiler for Misaka Worst pissed off the wrong boy:

Oh, Worst, be glad Accelerator is around because getting Mister Guts and a Kihara after you at the same time isn't a recommended lifestyle choice. Alternatively, maybe Kamijou will save you and add you to his harem.

And god, she's unknowingly setting up a glorious cockfight between Kihara-kun Junior and Yuriko. That might end up destroying a couple of Districts if Nayuta happens to join in.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:53   Link #1382
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

It updated, and it's still in the setup so my take is: "Very Promising, Please Don't Screw It Up"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7059291/2/Intertwine

Tsukino Kage Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 01:58   Link #1383
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^Tsukino: Did you... uh, somehow got the "Kamijou Touma Harem Plan" from somewhere? Or was this canon somehow? I can't remember it...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 08:47   Link #1384
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

It's not my fic, I'm just posting the link, ask the author.
Old 2011-06-18, 08:49   Link #1385
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally, Of Science and Magics chapter 10!
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2011-06-18, 09:12   Link #1386
Ashaman

Since when were there only 6 Level 5's?
Old 2011-06-18, 09:16   Link #1387
Drifting Wolf

I think he's just being careful since the 6th Level 5 hasn't been revealed yet. Though I actually only see FIVE level 5's that have been showcased in this fic.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:18   Link #1388
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

I wanted to bring this up since the new chap came out, but doesn't UBW seem similar to Kakine or Aurelius' abilities?

Also, OSAM is going full steam ahead.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:10   Link #1389
tsunade666

are you the one who comment about it in the review? about UBW?

Shirou's ability to create the image in his head. And Izzards's demi-god arse-magna. Though it's not the same for dark matter of Kakine.

Shirou's UBW is limited to swords only so I don't know how can he project all of that but given that it's Illya body maybe.... Shirou has element for sword as a person that was save and lived by the sword. So it's easy for him to project sword. Other than that should be difficult for him.

Now if we talk about how broken arse magna is.... well it's totally broken. UBW creates a bounded field or reality marble. In it Shirou can project any sword he sees ones. But for Ars Magna of Izzard. Inside that field he is almost impossible to be beaten because he can just kill you with his words and any thing inside of it can be wrapped by his thoughts. It's different from a reality marble which is limited by the caster. Reality marble depends on the caster and it can't do anything beyond what the caster lives for. It's the ultimate forbidden magic that is close to true magic. Just like what Shioro lives for sword it's a reality marble of sword. Even in different types of reality marble no one is a broken that everything in it is bounded by the caster and not limited to a certain point. Though Ars Magna's limitation is the thought of the caster itself. If he thinks it's impossible, that stops the ultimate alchemy magic to do it. It reshapes what the caster thinks but when the caster's mind is in disarray or not focus or he can't comprehend or understand what he wants to achieve then that's the end for the broken spell.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:22   Link #1390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't forget, you can't just whip out Ars Magna anytime you want; the reason why nobody before Izzard seriously considers using it is because it takes forever to complete the chant required.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:53   Link #1391
tsunade666

I didn't forget that.......... okay I did but given that his asking what's the difference then that can also be a difference. But reality marble has time limit with the prana depletion. But for ars magna... well once it's activated it's activated.
Old 2011-06-18, 16:05   Link #1392
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

I see...

On another note, is that Jean D'Arc 30th from Hidan no Aria? With Glasses? Given the resemblance to Saber...
Old 2011-06-18, 18:52   Link #1393
tsunade666

It's funny and ironic. Bluebeard keep saying Jeanne, Jeanne to Saber but in Hna a descendant of Jeanne really does resembles Saber
Old 2011-06-18, 19:36   Link #1394
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

Probably intentional. HNA was full of references to other anime.
Old 2011-06-19, 01:46   Link #1395
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
In case if anyone is not looking, my previously posted Madoka/Index crossover snippet is already on FF.net, posted (almost) as is.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 02:27   Link #1396
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

So, um... This might be shocking to some, but I've been secretly working on a...SERIOUS(!!) story.

No crack (). Written not like a light-hearted fanfic, but like some professional stuff that hubby (Chaos2Frozen) can read and not have a scowl of cold shame over.

I really wanted to test out my mettle on something other than humor. Problem was than it took a lot of thinking to come up with a story than interested me. The concepts have been floating in my head (some directly inspired by certain talks on here), but they didn't take a coherent form until recently.

No use in writing something which you wouldn't read in the first place. Right?

Anyway, enjoy the small preview that is the Prologue. Will be posted on FF.net along with Chapter 1 when it's done.

Please tell me what you think about my venture.

And yes, I'm writing this as a direct sequel to the events of NT1. Kamachi-sensei be dammed.
Spoiler for Prologue:

And no, the mysterious Omega in this story is not to be confused with this fellow:

Spoiler for Ware wa messiah nari!!:

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.

Last edited by Mr.Kyon; 2011-06-19 at 04:37.
Old 2011-06-19, 04:30   Link #1397
Ashaman

Spoiler for Omega:
Old 2011-06-19, 04:31   Link #1398
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Spoiler for Omega:
Ah, no. Not saying anything else. Lips sealed. But Kakine will have an influence on the story. How exactly, you'll see.

Old 2011-06-19, 05:13   Link #1399
Drifting Wolf

Sounds interesting, Mr.Kyon. Go for it. ^_^ I, for one, prefer to read and not guess so that I can be more surprised later. If this is not a crack fic but a serious one, I have all the more incentive to read on.

On to other topics... I noticed that 'Of Science and Magics' is working with a huge cast (O.O) but the one I'm curious about is Gunha. I mean, sure, the wiki has some details on Gunha's ability but has anyone actually speculated what's his ability supposed to be exactly?
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 06:07   Link #1400
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Sounds interesting, Mr.Kyon. Go for it. ^_^ I, for one, prefer to read and not guess so that I can be more surprised later. If this is not a crack fic but a serious one, I have all the more incentive to read on.

On to other topics... I noticed that 'Of Science and Magics' is working with a huge cast (O.O) but the one I'm curious about is Gunha. I mean, sure, the wiki has some details on Gunha's ability but has anyone actually speculated what's his ability supposed to be exactly?
Best way to describe it is reality bending. Breaking the laws of common sense. The AIM around him bends and twists according to the Vending Machine SS resume on the Index wiki.

Go read the before-last part of SS2. A magician called Ollerus, who is the closest person to have achieved the status Magic God - a being who can bend all natural laws and reaches into the divine - fights Gunha. He gives some interesting insights.

My personal theory is that he is the natural-born scientific equivalent of a Magic God. Ollerus states than the difference between he and Gunha is that one realize what power he wields, the other does not. Ollerus even says that Gunha could beat him if he attained a greater understanding of his abilities.

Ollerus proceeds to curbstomp poor Gunha without even trying, while he was taking Ollerus as a serious opponent and went all out.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction