3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 05:33   Link #141
Dr Cain
Lurker

Nice that Hauu~ used softsubs, I just extracted their subs and wached it in combination with the Sayman RAW, a bit better quality.

A very good start of the second season I must say.. Looking forward to next time
Old 2007-07-07, 06:41   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sorry for another shameless advertisement... meh, for those who want some analysis (with of course, no spoiler outside of the anime material), you can read the wall of text here !

HnNKN episode 1 : Analysis, Thoughts and Random Comments

Frankly, the more i read and think about OP/ED and the content of the episode 1, the more i think this episode deserve more than 10.

geh, fanboyism is possessing me
Old 2007-07-07, 06:55   Link #143
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Excellent first episode!

I had already forgotten what the Demon's Script was all about, so it still felt fresh in a way even though somewhere in my brain I still have pretty much the whole story of Higurashi. Good thing I spoiled myself so long ago that I don't know exactly what's coming next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Lots of big spoilers there. I'd advise against reading that at least if you haven't read all the TIPs posted here at Animesuki.

Last edited by Archuka; 2007-07-07 at 07:15.
Old 2007-07-07, 08:20   Link #144
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
Actually I expected more Rika here.. But I'm surprised in a positive way and hope they will keep this creepy atmosphere the Anime always had ^^ And I'm totally interested how Hanyuu will be, her voice, personality and so on. Ah and I love Rikas "older" voice! It just has smth that can't be described... Thanks to Hauu~ for providing us the subbed version sooo fast! And it turned out really well on top of that
Old 2007-07-07, 08:33   Link #145
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

This episode was so... intriguing.
Old 2007-07-07, 09:39   Link #146
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Nice pilot episode. The series is rather kind to at least refresh us a little about the certain events of the previous season, and not just get straight to the disturbing stuff or the mystery itself.

Although I wish they could use new BGMs... it's minor, but, well, it could be a change.
Old 2007-07-07, 12:04   Link #147
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
i really want the RAW too, even if i can't "Understand" it.
xD i cant wait i am listening to the opening!
First episode is heavy dialog, so unless your fluent in Japanese, you should wait for a tolerable sub.
At any rate, I see Higurashi already has its own subforum , after just one episode.

Zero surprise on that...I didn't even bother look for Higurashi in the fansub section...I went straight to the subforum section, and told myself "let's see if Higurashi kai is here...yup! Here it is...".

Off topic:
I see Zero no Tsukaima also has a subforum after just one episode. Another complete non-surprise
Edit: Actually at this point the ZnT forum only talks about the first series still. So far it's just been 'bumped' to active status in preperation for the upcoming second season, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Cain View Post
Nice that Hauu~ used softsubs, I just extracted their subs and wached it in combination with the Sayman RAW, a bit better quality.

A very good start of the second season I must say.. Looking forward to next time
Between the two currently available....Hyuu~'s.

I highly suspect some of the big/long running fansub groups will have subs out as well, though, in a few days.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-10-06 at 05:28.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:13   Link #148
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
I know this even already a German one trenches gives sub of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai follow in the German one want to translate.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:52   Link #149
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Lots of big spoilers there. I'd advise against reading that at least if you haven't read all the TIPs posted here at Animesuki.
or read if you are too lazy to plough through the tips but still want to know what to expect

@ Onniguru ~ may i advise you to use the edit button instead of triple posting...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-07, 15:28   Link #150
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
At any rate, I see Higurashi already has its own subforum , after just one episode.

Zero surprise on that...I didn't even bother look for Higurashi in the fansub section...I went straight to the subforum section, and told myself "let's see if Higurashi kai is here...yup! Here it is...".

Off topic:
I see Zero no Tsukaima also has a subforum after just one episode. Another complete non-surprise
Edit: Actually at this point the ZnT forum only talks about the first series still. So far it's just been 'bumped' to active status in preperation for the upcoming second season, I guess.
Both the Higurashi subforum and the Zero no Tsukaima subforum were created one year ago, for their first series. Once they finished, the forums were moved from the "current series" section to the "older series" section. Now they've been brought back since the second seasons have started. As simple as that

------------------------
As for the first episode. Hmm.. it looked like a Tsumihoroboshi part 6 (or if you want, Higurashi season 1 episode 27), with a flavor of Himatsubushi (for the presence of Akasaka).

Womanly Rena was very beautiful to watch. Overall I'm not totally fond of the episode for the heavy dialogues and for saying things not exactly new (I rewatched the series not much ago so most of the parts - especially the file #34 - were really fresh in my memory).
But obviously this is just a small appetizer.

I liked the OP, I believe the themes of the first season will always be unreachable, but the OP was quite good and mystic. I need to listen to the ED more, but it doesn't seem to have that unique charm of "Why.. or why not".

One thing really bothered me though: where did they put the episode preview?
Do you remember at the end of the episode when Yukari Tamura used to read (with her Rika Furude "apocalyptic mode" voice) some sentences with a black screen filled with japanese text? It was one of things I liked the most in Higurashi 1! I really hope they'll be back because along with the new episodes and the new plot, one of my most anticipated elements were the previews! (ok, perhaps a bit extreme, but just to give the idea )
Old 2007-07-07, 15:49   Link #151
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Well, just finished watching, and it felt more like a recall episode, going over what happened in the past in one of the previous story arcs (Tsumihoroboshi Part 6). At times, the episode just felt creepy or haunting, though very dialog-heavy. The sight of an adult Rena was welcoming. She looked more troubled and disturbed as if she can't let go of the past, or the past has gotten to her, or not let her go. Her older self is really beautiful as well.

As Pellissier said, it does feel like watching Higurashi Season 1/Episode 27.

I liked the ending song, even though it doesn't have the same impact as Season 1's ED, but it felt much darker and sadder.

Spoiler for So...:
Old 2007-07-07, 15:58   Link #152
Dr Cain
Lurker

Quote:
First episode is heavy dialog, so unless your fluent in Japanese, you should wait for a tolerable sub.

Off topic:

A nice thing about softsubs, as well, is the fact that they are the property of the fansub group that created them. That's right...the implicit copyright for the subtitles by-themselves belongs to the fansubber, not the company that produced, distributed, or holds any other rights for the show itself.

That means that if at some future date you wanted went and bought Higurashi no naku kora ni kai, and told your media player to use external subs and pointed it to the ones by, say, Hauu~, you would be voilating no laws in any country (of course the timing of these softsubs is unlikely to fit those of a bought copy of Higurashi Kai, once such a buyable item becomes available).

I highly suspect some of the big/long running fansub groups will have subs out as well, though, in a few days.
Yeah that's a great thing about softsubs, more groups should start softsubbing instead of hardsubbing
Old 2007-07-07, 23:44   Link #153
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This is my first episode of Higurashi anime , I've only read the first 3 arc on manga, and I feel in love with this series!

Looking forward for more!
Old 2007-07-08, 01:15   Link #154
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:

Off topic:

A nice thing about softsubs, as well, is the fact that they are the property of the fansub group that created them. That's right...the implicit copyright for the subtitles by-themselves belongs to the fansubber, not the company that produced, distributed, or holds any other rights for the show itself.

That means that if at some future date you wanted went and bought Higurashi no naku kora ni kai, and told your media player to use external subs and pointed it to the ones by, say, Hauu~, you would be voilating no laws in any country (of course the timing of these softsubs is unlikely to fit those of a bought copy of Higurashi Kai, once such a buyable item becomes available).

Well, there was a Spanish site or something that got prosecuted for providing sub scripts. I don't know if it was just the laws of the country or if it's in general. It was on ANN a while ago. It could be portugese or something else.

EDIT: It was polish. And it does apply to us to. Here's the link :http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-over-fansubs
Quote:
As with North American law (Canada and the United States), unauthorized distribution and commercial use of translated scripts is illegal in Poland, even if the original material is not included with the script. Like American and Canadian law, Polish law makes allowances for personal use of translations. In late 2005 or early 2006, Napisy was temporarily shut down by its administrators while they reviewed the legality of their operations and the likelihood of legal action being taken against them. The site was reinstated after they concluded that Polish law was unclear about "fair use" and "personal use" and that there was little likelihood of any legal threat to their operation.

Last edited by chrno_the_sinner; 2007-07-08 at 01:33.
Old 2007-07-08, 02:30   Link #155
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
Well, there was a Spanish site or something that got prosecuted for providing sub scripts. I don't know if it was just the laws of the country or if it's in general. It was on ANN a while ago. It could be portugese or something else.

EDIT: It was polish. And it does apply to us to. Here's the link :http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-over-fansubs
The poster you're responding to is very much incorrect. Fansubbers don't own their scripts. If you translate a book and post it to the Internet, you're violating international copyright law. While the two situations may not seem analogous to some people, they are precisely so. You don't get to own someone else's work just because you translated it into another language. The subber has no rights. None. Japan is a very civilized country and a signatory to the treaty that covers this stuff. If a Japanese company wanted to go after a subber, they could and would win. Particularly if the subber was foolish enough to claim ownership of the property.

This is not the place to be discussing copyright law. If there's a thread on the subject, I'd like to be pointed to it.
Old 2007-07-08, 03:54   Link #156
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well..episode 1 did say it because of a certain gas incident Tatarigoroshi-hen. so i suppose keiichi is alive? cuz rena can't possibly have past memory of all the incident that happen when she was young before that gas incident
Old 2007-07-08, 04:21   Link #157
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

T_T.... if only they had such good animation and information in the first 6 arcs
Old 2007-07-08, 04:59   Link #158
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
well..episode 1 did say it because of a certain gas incident Tatarigoroshi-hen. so i suppose keiichi is alive? cuz rena can't possibly have past memory of all the incident that happen when she was young before that gas incident
I don't quite understand what you mean, but the gas disaster also happened in Himatsubushi and Tsumihoroboshi. Tsumihoroboshi and Himatsubushi both occured before Reunion. Rena was the only survivor from Hinamizawa, because she wasn't there when it happened. Keiichi was a victim of the disaster this time around. Also, it's very likely the disaster happened in Onikakushi as well, since we never saw what happened to Rika at the end of it.

All we know now is that Rika being Watanagashi'd = gas disaster and Rika being killed otherwise (suicide or Shion's torture) leads to no disaster. The question you have to ask is "Why?"
Old 2007-07-08, 06:46   Link #159
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
This is not the place to be discussing copyright law.
I can just confirm your statement: this is not the right place to talk about that since it is an episode discussion thread and talks about copyright issues are off topic, hence not welcome here. Further off topic posts will be deleted.
Old 2007-07-08, 06:59   Link #160
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
One thing really bothered me though: where did they put the episode preview?
Do you remember at the end of the episode when Yukari Tamura used to read (with her Rika Furude "apocalyptic mode" voice) some sentences with a black screen filled with japanese text? It was one of things I liked the most in Higurashi 1! I really hope they'll be back because along with the new episodes and the new plot, one of my most anticipated elements were the previews! (ok, perhaps a bit extreme, but just to give the idea )

They put the preview only on Web.
But, it may differ from the atmosphere which you expect.
Here's the link :http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php

Script

Hanyu: Tell me! Black Rika corner! Today's questioner is Teppei Hojo living in Hinamizawa-mura.

Black Rika: What worry is it?

Hanyu: "Since it looks like my hair is thinning in front these days, I don't get a short tight perm well. What should I do?" nanodesu.

Black Rika: ufufu You should transplant "Attchi no ke (pubic hair)".

Hanyu: Hauuu Really?

Black Rika: It's a lie.

Hanyu: Hauuu.. Next time, Yakusamashi-hen #1 Onigokko

Black Rika: Until it grows some day,....

-----------------------
I like the OP, too.
If last 20 seconds of 2nd season's OP are reverse-played, it will sound like the intro of 1st season's OP.
And, the words which sound like "ten ga nikui (I hate destiny.)" are in the last part of a reverse play.
Closed Thread