AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-24, 23:22   Link #1
larethian

穢翼のユースティア [Aiyoku no Eustia] (Visual Novel for PC) (AUGUST) (launching Mar-2011)

Firstly, I seldom play demos and trials, but after how Fortune Arterial impressed me, I went to try this and just finished the prelude CD last night, which prompted me to make an introductory thread (Note: this is by no means a review). Though I have some mixed feelings, especially about some of the heroines, overall, I think the plot looks promising to me and I've already made a preorder for the extra stuff. .

Main scenario writer and artist are the same as FA: Sakakibara Taku (榊原 拓) and Bekkankou (べっかんこう) respectively. Only translations of characters’ names are official, the rest are my own versions.

The World
Long long ago, the God of this world created angels to serve him. Humans borrowed the power of the angels and greatly prospered. It was all well when people were offering prayers of gratitude to God, but when that was forgotten, God became mad and appeared to have expelled the angels. As a result, the world was engulfed by a flood of chaos. While many humans perished, the pious Saint (Holy Maiden) pleaded with God for forgiveness. God forgave the Saint and her believers and floated their city, saving their lives. That city is Novus Aether, which the characters live in.

Novus Aether and the Grand Forte (vndb translated this as Grand Fall, but I decided to keep the kana romanizations)
The city of Novus Aether is divided into 3 areas (formerly 2): Upper Stratum, Lower Stratum, The Prison. The Upper Stratum appears to be the place where the royalty and nobles reside, and the Lower Stratum the commoners. By the way, the city is ruled by the loli heroine, Queen Licia de novus Yurii (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_04.html). 10 years ago, a corner of the city collapsed and caved in, killing many. This event is known as the Grand Forte (Great Cave-In). This part of the city was supposedly abandoned by the government and left to fend for themselves, and a group, a mafia actually, known as the Fushoku Kingusari (Undevouring Golden Chain), took over the place and kind of rule it, giving it some sort of order while at the same time turning it into some sort of a mafia town. This caved-in place is dubbed the Prison. It is however thanks to the Fushoku Kingusari that the people in the Prison could survive, especially during the lean years after the Grand Forte.

Caim Astrea (Protagonist) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_06.html): Lost everything during the Grand Forte. In his childhood, first employed as a servant by Fushoku Kingusari to work in their brothel Lilym. Later worked as an assassin and favored by the former Head of Fushoku Kingusari. Skilled in knives, and has killed many. Currently, he has quit his assassin career, but still help his friend, Siegfried Grado, the current Head, in a variety of jobs except for killing.

Eustia Astrea (Heroine) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_01.html): Orphan, and since young, worked as a slave. Have a very harsh life. Sold to Lilym at the start of the story. She contracted the ‘Wing Disease’ and couldn’t work there anymore. Good in housework, cooking. Airhead type. Pitiful type. Apparently the title character. The reason why Tia (that’s what she calls herself) has the same family name as Caim:
Spoiler for prelude play:

Eris Floralia (Heroine) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_02.html): Originally working as a prostitute in Lilym at a young age. But her bonds were cleared by Caim and she was freed. It was not mentioned yet whether her bonds were cleared before she actually started working or after, but I presume it’s the former based on the flow of the story. Later became a doctor. Only female doctor in the Prison and served the prostitutes for free. She only takes what’s needed for her living expenses. She wanted to become Caim’s woman but was rejected, so now she can only help him out with household chores, even though she’s not very good at them. She’s a little tsun, very curt. Busty type.

Saint Irene (Heroine) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_03.html): The 29th Saint (Holy Maiden). The Saints supposedly inherit a power from the first Saint that helps to keep the city afloat through their prayers. She’s blind.

Licia de novus Yurii (Heroine) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_04.html): First female ruler, queen of Novus Aether. The prelude play only has her talking to one of her nobles in the last few scenes as a weak attempt to introduce her.
Anyhow, she’s a loli type. While I don’t like her in her royal garb with a cape, she looks cute in a dress here (http://august-soft.com/eustia/world_09.html).

Fione Silvaria (Heroine) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/character_05.html): Captain of the Wing Hunters stationed in the Prison. Their job is to find people with wings (contracted Wing disease) and isolate them, since the Wing Disease is believed to be contagious. Though others call them Wing Hunters, they call themselves “Disease Control Division”. Fione is the trusting, polite, and righteous type. She is skilled with the sword,

After reaching the point where
, the OP starts, then we have some more scenes before the prelude play ends. Though this may not yet be the end of the prologue, since only Tia and Eris are properly introduced. Fione is introduced to a certain degree as well. But Irene and Licia are hardly introduced at all. The main hook is that

The webtrial is available for download for play. It has the exact same play content as the prelude CD, just that the prelude CD comes with other supplementary material.

Some screen shots which may be NSFW:
Spoiler for screenshots with spoilers:

Spoiler for promo video:

Last edited by larethian; 2011-02-06 at 01:47. Reason: fix links
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 00:58   Link #2
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It's the very seam August team. I'm highly skeptical they could manage to do an awesome scenarioge.
Old 2011-01-25, 01:10   Link #3
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It's the very seam August team. I'm highly skeptical they could manage to do an awesome scenarioge.
well, despite my subjective taste in FA, since FA was ranked 2nd best eroge on 2ch for 2008, what are you basing your skepticism on?
Old 2011-01-25, 01:25   Link #4
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ah hah, you August phile :P still I know where you get your excitement from, being the Type-moon fan that I am I'm all full of anticipation for their new release too

Just rather concerned about their art direction at the moment; quite a few of their character models seem far too recycled for my taste (I keep seeing charas from FA and Yoake mae in them for some reason.. o_o )

Btw hint: your links should try and not include the whole "):" part at the end, it tends to break them <3 (or at least make them not work as intended)
Old 2011-01-25, 02:05   Link #5
larethian

fixed. it was auto parsing issue by animesuki. lol it's not that I'm an August fan or anything like that. just interested in the plot, and wondering how they are going to weave it this time round. though after playing the prelude, it did draw me in. I am now mighty curious about the origins behind the cave in and Eustia. but too bad they didn't introduce Irene and Licia properly.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:09   Link #6
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Usually I don't play demos and I am not a huge fan of FA, but I was looking forward to this because of how Eustia's character design reminds me of the Yuki sisters - Kanade being my favorite by the way. Maybe I will play the demos after I kill those 3 gopwakodkawdo;k dragons of EO3.
Old 2011-02-05, 13:58   Link #7
Belgaesh

Looks like the game got the attention of some people, and the trial will be translated.

The news: http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=1325

The project page: http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=1264
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 20:33   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Looks like the game got the attention of some people, and the trial will be translated.

The news: http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=1325

The project page: http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=1264
Oh, Yandere Translations has started taking interest in the trial? I'll be sure to look out for the translated trial when it does go out.

But the game story itself and the very long description larethian put is quite interesting to me
Old 2011-02-06, 01:32   Link #9
larethian

I've edited the promo video links to embed into the forum. I've translated a little for fun, and have given Yandere Translations what I have, and allow them to use them freely if they want to.

both Jan and Feb's dengeki covered this VN.

here's some spoiler trans:
Spoiler for opening of webtrial:

I've also translated the character pages of Eustia and Eris:
Spoiler for not really spoiler, Eustia:

Spoiler for not really spoiler, Eris:

Last edited by larethian; 2011-02-06 at 01:47.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:48   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Ah hah, you August phile :P still I know where you get your excitement from, being the Type-moon fan that I am I'm all full of anticipation for their new release too

Just rather concerned about their art direction at the moment; quite a few of their character models seem far too recycled for my taste (I keep seeing charas from FA and Yoake mae in them for some reason.. o_o )

Btw hint: your links should try and not include the whole "):" part at the end, it tends to break them <3 (or at least make them not work as intended)
there's link between August and Type-Moon?

Anyway, since I loved FA I'll be waiting for this in March too....bears some resemblance to Tsubasa wo Kudasai...
Old 2011-02-06, 02:11   Link #11
Seitsuki
Onee!

Uh, not that I'm aware of. Just trying to make a point.

Surprised that someone's picked this up for TL so fast though. That usually takes some time. And then even longer to finish *glances over at our own project*
Old 2011-02-06, 02:25   Link #12
larethian

well I'm not an official translator for FA. just contributing sporadically. :P
Old 2011-02-06, 19:17   Link #13
Belgaesh

What is really surprising is that Yandere is translating a game that is not even out yet.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 20:37   Link #14
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
What is really surprising is that Yandere is translating a game that is not even out yet.
Just goes to show how interesting this game is showing off to people.
Old 2011-02-06, 20:43   Link #15
larethian

this just means that there is a higher chance they will do the full release, since translating the trial already covers part of the content. About 10% usually.
Old 2011-02-09, 06:34   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, this game seems to have a significantly darker tone than usual for August. I loved Fortune Arterial, so this definitely has my eye.
Old 2011-02-09, 08:39   Link #17
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, this game seems to have a significantly darker tone than usual for August. I loved Fortune Arterial, so this definitely has my eye.
I'll defiantly try it out when I can get my hands on it when it gets translated seems interesting enough, might try the demo when it gets translated as well to get a start-up on it.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:41   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'll defiantly try it out when I can get my hands on it when it gets translated seems interesting enough, might try the demo when it gets translated as well to get a start-up on it.
Pro tip: Japanese skills are cool.
Old 2011-03-19, 00:01   Link #19
larethian

note that this is delayed till 28-april-11. white, and yuusha to kanojo, which are supposed to be same date releases will be on 8-april instead.
Old 2011-03-20, 00:00   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
note that this is delayed till 28-april-11. white, and yuusha to kanojo, which are supposed to be same date releases will be on 8-april instead.
Ah....the week after Good Friday.....And the week NDP preparations begin...hopefully I have time to play. Bless Japan in its recovery.

Tags
eroge, romance, visual novel