AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 16:07   Link #1
tsunade666

Dawnbringer: The Story of the Machine God (Novel)

Summary: Taken from mangaupdates.

Quote:
Vice Admiral Lezirth Dawnbringer, the Commander of Dawn Corps in the First Marines of the Space Federation. He became a war hero after leading the human race to victory with the army of alien life form known as Letix.

However, when he awakes from coldsleep, 120 years has passed?! Being re-recruited into the navy in a world far from the ideal peaceful one that he dreamt of, Lezirth is treated as an attention seeker. So eventually, he and his former boss Luise gets assigned to a platoon led by a half Elcro girl. Amongst the great forces of the Federation and Alliance, Lezirth must find his very own Kishin Dawnbringer and charge in to the battlefield!
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=101997

Cover for vol 1.

Vol 1 of the novel is already translated and its a good read. Really funny and heavy in sci-fi with corrupt government mix with humor. I find it enjoyable and would like to share the knowledge, seeing there wasn't a thread for it.
Old 2013-11-27, 18:09   Link #2
blade82

what is "Kishin Dawnbringer"? some kind of german word?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:09   Link #3
tsunade666

Kishin means demon god. dawnbringer is one of the alter-armour that are kishin class or literally machine gods. Dawnbringer is owned by the MC.

There are 12 kishin though originally there are only 8.

hmm I'm not sure if there is a wiki for this one where one can check for information.

But this story is heavy on sci-fi terminology that one really needs to understand. Specially the alien race and the relationship between each race.
Old 2013-11-27, 19:44   Link #4
omega253

I'm currently reading this right now and I have to say, this is awesome!

Thank you for making a thread about this, tsunade!
Old 2013-11-28, 01:04   Link #5
tsunade666

Its indeed awesome and I'm sad that its not getting its well deserve acknowledgement. The weapon here are overkill. They deserve to be called kishin.
Old 2013-11-28, 01:09   Link #6
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its indeed awesome and I'm sad that its not getting its well deserve acknowledgement. The weapon here are overkill. They deserve to be called kishin.
Just finished volume 1 and waiting for the second.

You were right about overkill. If that was volume 1, I want to see what comes later!

In a way, its serial escalation is kind of like Nanatsu no Taizai.

It starts off with overkill, then it goes up to the point where you can only keep reading and anticipating the next one!
Old 2013-11-28, 01:29   Link #7
tsunade666

Ah, nanatsu no taizai is also overkill but I think a sniping machine that can annihilate you from 10 light years away is just........ >_> too much OP. Even with 50 hours cooldown.

Even Tatsuya can't be that OP and the MC is a closet perv that can fight a kishin class with a minion class. He even won with only 5% kishin. Man Lezrith change the meaning of OP MC but I'm fine. He is a stupid closet perv MC.

Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika
Unlike Ichika

I want to stab him and the author.
Old 2013-11-28, 01:36   Link #8
omega253

I can understand what you mean with Ichika. I try to sympathize with him, but I can't...

The only words I have for him and every other typical harem protagonist: Get a spine. It'll keep you from getting your ass whipped like a bitch, by a bitch.

I'm tired of the abusive girls, too. So freaking many of them has completely worn my patience...

As for Lezirth...

I don't think Lezirth would be that easy to stab when he can teleport.

Not to mention, I like the fact that he has actual justification for his confidence. He went through the training, up the ranks, and just generally did what he actually had to do.

Also, I'm enjoying that more stories with overpowered protagonists are showing up.
Old 2013-11-28, 03:01   Link #9
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Interesting setting and story and very likable male lead. In many cases, I'd be supporting the tsundere, but not here. Goddess Luise all the way as she and Lezirth are so precious to one another and have a special relationship that far surpasses the other two girls. And if those dreams/memories scenes of the past regarding Replicant Sample C means something significant, then I think Luise might actually be the true heroine. Or so I hope.

More capable, badass, intelligent, and overpowered protagonists with a substantial personality like Lezirth are definitely more than welcome.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 03:55   Link #10
tsunade666

lol, I also like Luise but with the epilogue of vol 1. I'll be cheering for Lezirth and Dawnbinger
Old 2013-11-28, 04:04   Link #11
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Fufu. I had a feeling she might be Dawnbinger.'s incarnation. I'm completely okay with Lezirth x Luise and Dawnbinger. ^
Old 2013-11-28, 05:23   Link #12
tsunade666

Aren't they all siblings? specially Lezirth and Dawnbringer. You can even call them twins while Luise is the eldest of the children of Letix.
Old 2013-11-28, 05:51   Link #13
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

As Children of Letix, Lezirth and Luise could be considered siblings as they are of the same family, but it sounds more like it's the clan/race type than blood ties. Since Letix cells were harvested and inserted into Alter Armour in general, then they'd be closer to being parents than anything else. Though even if they all turned out to be all related....love is fair to all!
Old 2013-11-28, 06:21   Link #14
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This is pretty interesting I've just read till chapter 4 though and it was fun to see the MC got..bullied by other recruits I take that Dawnbringer will appear in this volume?

Oh and as a side note, I'm digging how they named all those kishins

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 06:39   Link #15
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
As Children of Letix, Lezirth and Luise could be considered siblings as they are of the same family, but it sounds more like it's the clan/race type than blood ties. Since Letix cells were harvested and inserted into Alter Armour in general, then they'd be closer to being parents than anything else. Though even if they all turned out to be all related....love is fair to all!
They use the cell from the letix and created the first generation replicants or the children of letix. If you ask me. Its closer to cloning than an actual artificial birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
This is pretty interesting I've just read till chapter 4 though and it was fun to see the MC got..bullied by other recruits I take that Dawnbringer will appear in this volume?

Oh and as a side note, I'm digging how they named all those kishins
The name for the kishins are indeed interesting and show how they are portrayed. Specially with the title together with the name.

And yes, Dawnbringer the sword of justice will show in the near end of vol 1.
Old 2013-11-28, 06:50   Link #16
Kirihara_R

Thanks for sharing it .. its really an interesting N though I know there's a lot of Korean N.. its my first time reading one..

edit: oops I made a mistake, this is a novel...
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:28   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally finished reading it, yey~

To tell you the truth I'm having problem imagining the shape and design for the alter-armour They gave us the class tier but not so much description for the design?

Eh, guess I'll read it again using my phone later

Oh and I guess the promised girl is not the admiral.. maybe dawnbringer human form? Or maybe the admiral has some connections with it too so in a way the promised girl is the admiral

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:45   Link #18
tsunade666

The promised girl is indeed the admiral. the girl that appear in the end of vol 1 is different and probably the spiritual form or human form of dawnbringer. The admiral or Luise is the girl beside Lezirth in the experiment institution. She is also the oldest of the child of Letix by few days. She is also the girl Lezirth promise with to protect but he abandon her in the lab. Which is why Luise said that Lezirth lied to her a lot of times already and the current situation doesn't even help because there are thieving cats that threaten her Lezirth.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:39   Link #19
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
They use the cell from the letix and created the first generation replicants or the children of letix. If you ask me. Its closer to cloning than an actual artificial birth.
The impression I get is that the First Replicants are a race of new humans created via cloning/genetic manipulation with added properties taken from the Letix/Old One. So, I think offspring is closer to what they are, thus why they're called Children of Letix

Quote:
The promised girl is indeed the admiral. the girl that appear in the end of vol 1 is different and probably the spiritual form or human form of dawnbringer. The admiral or Luise is the girl beside Lezirth in the experiment institution. She is also the oldest of the child of Letix by few days. She is also the girl Lezirth promise with to protect but he abandon her in the lab. Which is why Luise said that Lezirth lied to her a lot of times already and the current situation doesn't even help because there are thieving cats that threaten her Lezirth.
T-Those thieving cats! Luise is right to call them that and be angry. One of the things that annoys me is how despite not having a good reasons to be jealous/to do so, Liu and Aroha try to get in the way and steal Lezirth away from Luise. Liu's falling for Lezirth after that one incident was done pretty poorly and Aroha doesn't seem to be a love interest heroine and is there to just cockblock, so she's a rather pointless character. A love triangle involving Luise and Liu would be a lot better, imo.
Old 2013-11-28, 19:39   Link #20
tsunade666

Aroha for now is just a tease for Liu and Luise and probably a support fo Liu but for vol 2. It looks like she will be the one taking the spot. So we will get her development later on.

Damn hot Aroha as a cover for vol 2.

I prefer a love triangle or at least a develop relationship.

One of the thing I hate of harem is the girls lack substance or development. Which is why I prefer love triangle or at least low number of girls.

Tags
strong mc