AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-05-10, 23:09   Link #6361
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Errr right, her "talents" *shifty eyed glance*
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 12:52   Link #6362
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Ch.68

Our little bird has become one with the sky and gain ability to control the weather. She can stop the rain outside (whoa!) and control the flow of the wind (tiles).

Look what she can do with it!


The points at the end of chapter are
Aina: 50,900
Chihiro: 45,000
Yuzu: 16,000
Shino: 8,100

Since Shino said she'll end the game in next turn, many people guess that she'll with use her ability to win (Tsumo) with 'Big four wind' Yakuman which will put her on #1 and kill off Yuzu.

HYPE!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 19:04   Link #6363
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
At last we have a clear goal of beating the best, and what better way to start than making a hell of a comeback. GO, SHINO!!

So, she's a better version of Yuu and Kuro now?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 06:33   Link #6364
Chitanda Eru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Saki chapter 203: another Tenhou @_____@
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 07:16   Link #6365
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter 203

Wow, guess who's the World Record Holder.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 10:41   Link #6366
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Now we know why Kokaji was second in the world ranking.
Spoiler for spoiler:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 21:45   Link #6367
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Well Yuuki is still running wild, go for it and do some damage!

Still this time isn't going to last as long I think, the other three are quickly going to gang up on her.

I see Ritz is still teasing us with what kind of monster Shino is going to turn into. Looks like her quest for fame to get her name out there is going to go well at least.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-09, 19:20   Link #6368
King-Slayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Another freaking tenhou!!!!!!!
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-09, 23:12   Link #6369
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 36
The problem of getting all these Tenhous is that Kiyosumi will have to pay them back either by Yuuki giving back those points in the following 2-3 chapters or by having Mako, Hisa and Nodoka bleed points, Shiraitodai style.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-09, 23:19   Link #6370
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Well Yuuki is on top right now, but she doesn't have a big lead over Teru, she's still well within range. Teru in the previous match outright destroyed everyone and had an enormous lead. I'm predicting we're going to end with a much closer point spread, but with how far the other two teams behind both of them are likely going to have a resurgence over the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The Captain round is going to start with everyone fairly in range of everyone else as this is going to be the climax of this portion of the story and I imagine Ritz is going to want to pull out all the stops.

Still props to Yuuki, however this ends she's made her mark in history with this little stunt. Two Tenhous by the same player in the same game. The first ever in the tournament history. Our little Taco Girl has grown up.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-13, 20:31   Link #6371
King-Slayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well Yuuki is on top right now, but she doesn't have a big lead over Teru, she's still well within range. Teru in the previous match outright destroyed everyone and had an enormous lead. I'm predicting we're going to end with a much closer point spread, but with how far the other two teams behind both of them are likely going to have a resurgence over the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The Captain round is going to start with everyone fairly in range of everyone else as this is going to be the climax of this portion of the story and I imagine Ritz is going to want to pull out all the stops.

Still props to Yuuki, however this ends she's made her mark in history with this little stunt. Two Tenhous by the same player in the same game. The first ever in the tournament history. Our little Taco Girl has grown up.
Hisa has turned her into a scary scary monster. Seriously, if it wasn't Teru, this game would've been over thanks to Yuuki. I don't even think Satoha could've done too much with her this round.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 04:22   Link #6372
Arcorann
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
The chance of tenhou is 1 in 330000. The chance of two tenhous in two hanchans would be on the order of ~(20 choose 2) / 330000^2= ~2e-9, where the 20 should be replaced by the average number of games in two hanchans plus just under 2. The chance of two tenhous by the same person would be more like (6 to 8 choose 2) / 330000^2 = ~2e-10 (again an estimate). That's an impressively low probability.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 07:25   Link #6373
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 36
On Shinohayu:

Sigh. For some reason I've always hated these kind of developments where the protagonist gets a sudden epiphany/powerup and makes everyone else's development and effort moot. I want to see them struggle or at least have a battle where everyone has a winning chance even if they are not the underdog everytime. Making Kanna and Yue a footnote is kind of underwhelming.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 12:59   Link #6374
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Shinohayu ch.69



Ahhh....Shino is so cool and cute. This chapter is everything I love about Saki.

What they did to Kanna is quite sad but understandable from story view point. Kanna character started off as someone who was strong enough to be Shino's rival but as the story progressed, the gap of their skill keep getting wider and wider. In present, look like she can no longer keep up with Shino.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
On Shinohayu:
Sigh. For some reason I've always hated these kind of developments where the protagonist gets a sudden epiphany/powerup and makes everyone else's development and effort moot. I want to see them struggle or at least have a battle where everyone has a winning chance even if they are not the underdog everytime. Making Kanna and Yue a footnote is kind of underwhelming.
Eh....It is reasonable development. Shino got destroyed hard by her opponents but before she lost all hope, she remembered what she was fighting for and become determined. Then, she made a series of counter attacks and won. Her effort and development were rewarded. And..her opponents did try their best to stop her and they might have succeed if Yuzu went along with them. Overall, I think it was pretty good match where all players have their moment.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 21:03   Link #6375
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 36
Oh yeah, I've no problem with the second to last game. Her opponents gave her a run for her money up to the last second. It's the last game I have a problem with

Quote:
What they did to Kanna is quite sad but understandable from story view point. Kanna character started off as someone who was strong enough to be Shino's rival but as the story progressed, the gap of their skill keep getting wider and wider. In present, look like she can no longer keep up with Shino.
Like you say they became a sacrifice to showcase Shino's growth... which I seriously hope is just temporary and they don't become the new Krillin and Yamcha for the rest of the series; where, even if they are able to defeat the mobs sent their way in future team matches, they are unable to win against Shino anymore or heck, even make her sweat a little bit before she starts pulling 3 pseudo yakumans in 1 page

This is one of Shinohayu's main strength over the main series, where the protagonist teammates are also her rivals and effective ones at that. I would hate to see it lose that.

Last edited by Proto; 2019-06-27 at 21:20.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 01:03   Link #6376
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
and the dragon kuro strikes again but this time she declared richii and not restrict herself to dora
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 09:53   Link #6377
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Just three days ago in manga time Toki beat Kuro easily. Yet now, three days later, Kuro gets such a massive asspull powerup she can stop Teru and even win ron from her. That's so freaking retarded.

I don't understand why Ritz has a such a hard-on for Achiga. It's ruining the manga.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 14:02   Link #6378
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Just three days ago in manga time Toki beat Kuro easily. Yet now, three days later, Kuro gets such a massive asspull powerup she can stop Teru and even win ron from her. That's so freaking retarded.

I don't understand why Ritz has a such a hard-on for Achiga. It's ruining the manga.
how she managed to win a ron from teru? is it because she didn't restricted herself to dora unlike her matches?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 14:04   Link #6379
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I don't it see it as unbelievable or anything?

I meant, if we look at it as a normal game, Kuro just changed her play style (Anyone can do this anytime in a game) and won a riichi duel with Teru who can't avoid discarding a danger tile.

Wasn't this what we wished Kuro would've done in Achiga-hen? , or did you prefer her to stay clueless forever?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 14:21   Link #6380
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Wasn't this what we wished Kuro would've done in Achiga-hen? , or did you prefer her to stay clueless forever?
Her previous match with Teru was only two days ago. No one gets that good in such a little time. Besides it's not just her being a little smarter. She's more powerful, supernaturally-speaking, way more powerful. She made Teru draw the dora. She manipulated the flow of the game to make Teru draw her winning tile. She did that to fucking Teru.

To be fair, Toki got a power-up too, but not nearly as massive as this. Kuro is on a whole another level now. It's a retarded asspull. It makes me wonder if Ritz will have Achiga win the tournament. I sure hope not. That would ruin the manga for good.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-07-07 at 14:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.