AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-08-09, 19:24   Link #261
Random14

Well, Twilight is good at just about everything anyway. I do wonder how violent their family practice was though considering how Yor normally is.

Even without Anya around, its hilarious seeing Nightfall's thoughts contrast to the actual situation (I wonder if she copied the big spending from Twilight). And their tennis match is only going to get more crazy.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 20:31   Link #262
Wandering Soul

Nightfall really is an amusing a character.

Training with Yor seems look good practice for any sport, granted you have to survive the sessions with her
Old 2020-09-06, 23:40   Link #263
Random14

Glad the break is over. Its too bad we can't see more of that tennis club, some of those gimmicks look really funny (a double-tennis racket staff thing?).

Now Yor's getting worried about the situation (the various misunderstandings are some of the best parts of the series), though if/when Nightfall ever comes for her Yor will probably put up a fight. Twilight and Nightfall will still win the tennis match of course, its after that when things should get really interesting.
Old 2020-09-06, 23:47   Link #264
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Glad the break is over. Its too bad we can't see more of that tennis club, some of those gimmicks look really funny (a double-tennis racket staff thing?).

Now Yor's getting worried about the situation (the various misunderstandings are some of the best parts of the series), though if/when Nightfall ever comes for her Yor will probably put up a fight. Twilight and Nightfall will still win the tennis match of course, its after that when things should get really interesting.
"Put up a fight" is an understatement considering Yor is actually stronger than even Twilight iirc

Nightfall might possibly have enough time to make a surprised pikachu face before her head is separated from her shoulders
Old 2020-09-07, 07:17   Link #265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was a bit surprised to see Yor getting worried, even if she tells herself it's because she's afraid her brother will worry about her if she's unmarried again.
Old 2020-09-07, 10:01   Link #266
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was a bit surprised to see Yor getting worried, even if she tells herself it's because she's afraid her brother will worry about her if she's unmarried again.
nah she just misunderstood her feelings... she already realized that she need Anya and Forger in her life
althought Nightfall will never let it happen.. lol

That jet and whip rackets are cool
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 17:19   Link #267
Wandering Soul

I wondered if Nightfall's inclusion in the story would make Yor start to develop any feelings of jealousy and it looks like it had. Not that she has any reason to really worry. She pretty much has this in the bag.
Old 2020-09-08, 09:27   Link #268
James Rye

But if Nightfall's appearance causes Yor to be a bit more proactive in their "marriage" then all the better I'd say.^^
The underground tennis arc is pretty fun, I already saw it with the ball game in school but SxF really got it down for sports to hype them up. XD
Old 2020-09-20, 17:01   Link #269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd love to see that tennis match animated. There was just so much going on at the end

Mission accomplished, but the way it was accomplished makes it feel like the whole thing wasn't needed. I don't recall Nightfall's reasoning for not just replacing the painting though.
Old 2020-09-20, 18:03   Link #270
Kazu-kun

Lol In just three chapters Nightfall had more screentime than Yoru since the start of the series. The mangaka really has no idea what to do with Yoru, huh?
Old 2020-09-20, 19:45   Link #271
Akira Theia

I don't think I have caught up with a series as fast as I did with this one. Every chapter is just so good and all the main characters are lovable. I always enjoy a manga that can combine action, comedy and sweetness in a well-balanced way.

The only nitpick I have with this manga is that I would like Yor to have a little more agency. Her current place is no surprise since she's the only one in the family who is clueless to the plot, so her participation so far is completely incidental. Although, the only skill she has to offer is fighting, so I guess it's a little hard including her in the spy stuff without breaking the status quo of her and Loid being unaware of each other's secret identities. The moments where she protects Anya as a good mother and bonds with her new family are always great, but I'm a little concerned that Yor could lose spotlight to other characters that can help Loid in his real job like what happened with Nightfall in the last few chapters.

By the way, the tennis chapters were funny, but I'm still not sure about how I feel about Nightfall. She's coming off as something of a one-note character with her only gag being her inner fangirling over Loid and others misunderstanding her. I can't think of any reason why the author added her other than to have someone else besides Yuri wanting to break up Loid and Yor's marriage. Although, I know we're just getting to know her.

I personally would like more chapters like Loid and Yor's first date with the hilarious misunderstandings and Anya using her esper powers to save the day without her parents realizing it.
Akira Theia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 19:56   Link #272
Random14

Looks like a successful mission all around. They even got the painting without anyone noticing, I was expecting them to have to fight their way out.

Its always funny seeing how skilled and crazy prepared the spies are. Although while it looks like their immediate mission is complete, doesn't feel like the Nightfall arc is close to finished yet, but that'll probably be left to the next chapter.
Old 2020-09-20, 21:22   Link #273
Wandering Soul

Mission complete. Unless something else comes up it looks like the Nightfall arc will come to an end.
Old 2020-09-21, 08:47   Link #274
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Lol In just three chapters Nightfall had more screentime than Yoru since the start of the series. The mangaka really has no idea what to do with Yoru, huh?
I think the problem is partly Yor's real job as well as her relationship with Twilight not progressing much which is also parts Twilight's fault but for all we know this might change in the future.
Basically Anya with her esper powers and school setting as well as Twilight with his variety of god-like skills and spy job are easier to create funny and engaging situations for which are "wholesome". Yor with her super human strength and speed and agility and her hitwoman job is supercool and awesome but in a manga like SxF killing people is eh, not that funny. Which is why we had that Yor got a bullet in her butt chapter after showing the end result of her job at the start of sid chapter because showing Yor killing dozens of people and coming home with a smile is not as "wholesome" as Anya being angry at Damien, then reading his thoughts and doing something that makes the tsundere Scion fall even harder for her or Twilight surviving the crazy stuff happening at his work, like in this case an insane underground tennis tournament which was great.

I think Yor will profit the most from knowing either Twilight's or Anya's secret as that would give her more space to expand her character into as the current limitations she has as a fake mother of an esper girl, fake wife of a foreign spy and very real hitwoman of her own country. Obviously before we can have one or the other secret found out this family needs even more time to get closer together. Right now it would be too soon but that hurts Yor's appearance time as we either get Twilight Solo Spy jobs or Anya Solo School jobs with no Yor Solo Hitwoman jobs. The family or the married couple chapters are Yor's best chances to shine as the mangaka has apparently a hard time to let her do so on her own in her job.
Old 2020-10-04, 11:14   Link #275
charasu
DigiDestinied

that foreboding last page tho..............
Old 2020-10-04, 11:22   Link #276
Random14

Yeah, a bit strange that after how funny this arc was, that last page was... almost ominous. Its not like Twilight recognized anyone in that photo, right? Unless the family situation is wearing on him.

The rest of the chapter was hilarious. I'm not surprised playing tennis with Yor can be deadly. I expect Twilight was in more danger during family practice than at that tournament.
Old 2020-10-04, 12:07   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think it's time for a Yor arc. And I'd say it's overdue.

Anya's hairstyle in this chapter was really cute.
Old 2020-10-04, 13:58   Link #278
Wandering Soul

No wonder Yor was left out of the tennis match. It would have been even more of a curb stomp. Hopefully she gets focus next arc.
Old 2020-10-04, 20:33   Link #279
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Basically Anya with her esper powers and school setting as well as Twilight with his variety of god-like skills and spy job are easier to create funny and engaging situations for which are "wholesome". Yor with her super human strength and speed and agility and her hitwoman job is supercool and awesome but in a manga like SxF killing people is eh, not that funny. Which is why we had that Yor got a bullet in her butt chapter after showing the end result of her job at the start of sid chapter because showing Yor killing dozens of people and coming home with a smile is not as "wholesome" as Anya being angry at Damien, then reading his thoughts and doing something that makes the tsundere Scion fall even harder for her or Twilight surviving the crazy stuff happening at his work, like in this case an insane underground tennis tournament which was great.
These are all things the author should have thought about when planning the series. Now the damage is done and the result is one of the supposedly three main characters hardly getting any focus.

That been said, this latest chapter was good. It was just so satisfying to see Yoru completely destroy Nightfall's pride. It also goes to show that when it comes to physical prowess, Yoru is unmatched. She's on a whole different level, even from Loyd. Which is more of a shame she usually doesn't get any focus.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2020-10-05 at 13:21.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 12:48   Link #280
charasu
DigiDestinied

Chin-man
Noice cute date cp

Tags
action, spy thriller