AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-11, 03:22   Link #1981
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I remember 4 years ago when Trump got elected and I saw someone on Animesuki say to give Trump a chance. It was clearer than day he was bad news. It's like saying we should jump into a fire first before deciding if the fire was hot or not.
Not sure if I said it. However, I did believe that they mostly wanted their factories back and that Trump wont be dumb enough to actually do all that shit he did for four years. Charlotteville was the breaking point to me, guys parading like the fucking SA and SS, and he pretty much refered to them as fine people? Fuck that. That's clearly not the America of always open factories, but the Jim Crow America we were seeing instead.

EDIT and ADDENDUM

Look like "Worked for Trump" as a stigma have gone from meme to reality.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
“Forbeswill assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie,” the magazine’s editor Randall Lane wrote. “We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same scepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet,” Lane added.
Remember the Legasov's Cost of Lies speech in HBO's Chernobyl? Look like the Trumpers gonna pay their debt to truth, a overwhelming debt.

Last edited by Sheba; 2021-01-11 at 04:30.
Old 2021-01-11, 05:38   Link #1982
Key Board
Carbon

All he had to do was not discuss criminal activities on a phone
All he had to do was manage the pandemic semi decently
All he had to do was not incite an insurrection

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-11, 07:35   Link #1983
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

I have the faint hope that this is the wakeup call for Pence to remove Don. I would if I heard extremists chanting about hanging me.
Old 2021-01-11, 07:42   Link #1984
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
All he had to do was not discuss criminal activities on a phone
All he had to do was manage the pandemic semi decently
All he had to do was not incite an insurrection

//
Those are pretty low standards...
Old 2021-01-11, 08:42   Link #1985
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

How the domestic terrorists got tracked by the FBI and other federal agencies

Images
Old 2021-01-11, 09:58   Link #1986
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Again, I disagree. The vast majority of them know exactly what this is about but to them it isn't "racist", because racism doesn't exist. The superiority of the Aryan race is self-evident.
Looking at the video documentaries of first half of the 20th century, I can understand the charm of nazism, they dress with style, had a nice looking logo (stolen from the east) and had smart people on the wheel. What the world is seeing here and now are rioters with piss poor clothing (cosplaying?) style, bad taste in iconography (a badly drawn snake? for crying out loud) and no planning at all (this coup COULD have succeed with a bloodbath, easily).

The thing is that for all those guys that thought they could come out of the bushes with their racism and hate, they have nowhere to hide and no one to blame but their own stupidity.
Old 2021-01-11, 10:24   Link #1987
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
no one to blame but their own stupidity.
They are already pinning all the blame on Hillary, Obama, the Deep State and whatever pedo-satanist Reptilian cabal lmao.
Old 2021-01-11, 11:02   Link #1988
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Looking at the video documentaries of first half of the 20th century, I can understand the charm of nazism, they dress with style, had a nice looking logo (stolen from the east) and had smart people on the wheel. What the world is seeing here and now are rioters with piss poor clothing (cosplaying?) style, bad taste in iconography (a badly drawn snake? for crying out loud) and no planning at all (this coup COULD have succeed with a bloodbath, easily).

The thing is that for all those guys that thought they could come out of the bushes with their racism and hate, they have nowhere to hide and no one to blame but their own stupidity.
The Beer Hall Putsch wasn't super well planned either, just saying.
Old 2021-01-11, 11:59   Link #1989
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Well, it'll be interesting to see how the new admin deals with Big Tech. Biden himself has been pretty critical of the biggest companies, but at the same time, his cabinet is loaded with their executives.
Here is the list of Cabinet appointees. Please tell me which of those people were executives at "Big Tech" companies. Antony Blinken? Janet Yellin? Gina Raimondo? Pete Buttigieg? Marty Walsh?

I see a lot of people with years of service in the public sector myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabine...abinet_members
Old 2021-01-11, 14:41   Link #1990
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Also for People who wonder something regarding the 25th. Note that this lawyer is against the 25th being applied, but not because he is a trump supporter, but because he thinks the 25th is too good for trump - He'd like him impeached instead. (At least going by the 2 previous videos regarding the riots).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZvr92YcmGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
How the domestic terrorists got tracked by the FBI and other federal agencies

Images
Unfortunately, that is not necessarily good news... Not saying why, because it could give Guiliani ideas, which he should actually get on his own. Should is the catchword here...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-01-11, 15:08   Link #1991
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

While the House could impeach the President on Wednesday, the Senate isn't going into session again until the 19th (when the two new Senators from Georgia will take their seats). While they could draw up a trail...by that point it will be 24 hours or less until Biden takes office, which will probably be a more pressing matter going forward, than kicking the lame duck on his way out.
Old 2021-01-11, 15:14   Link #1992
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
While the House could impeach the President on Wednesday, the Senate isn't going into session again until the 19th (when the two new Senators from Georgia will take their seats). While they could draw up a trail...by that point it will be 24 hours or less until Biden takes office, which will probably be a more pressing matter going forward, than kicking the lame duck on his way out.
As he said, both things aren't mutually exclusive. However, under the application of the 25th, Trump could run again in 2024, which isn't the case if they also impeach and remove him.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-01-11, 16:44   Link #1993
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I did say give President Trump a chance to fail. Pre-Inauguration, people were talking about succession and the like. At least give him a chance to fail, a dignity that President Lincoln was denied by the South breaking away before he was inaugurated.
Funny thing about that is that was what made Lincoln great. At first he didn’t really think about freeing any slaves. He was more concerned about preserving the union. The south, like Trump supporters concerning Biden’s win, just automatically assumed he would turn against their interests and seceded. Lincoln ended up freeing slaves only as the civil war kept going on and he was slowly backed into a corner. Lincoln would likely have just been a normal president had they just given him a chance to fail first.

Trump was given that chance. While their was protests over the election, it didn’t get to the point of civil war like Trump supporters are starting to make it look. He was given his chance. He was divisive, addicted to golf, unable to take any responsibility for his failure with COVID which led to the one success for his admin, the economy, being stripped away as well. He was given his chance and failed.
Old 2021-01-11, 16:56   Link #1994
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As he said, both things aren't mutually exclusive. However, under the application of the 25th, Trump could run again in 2024, which isn't the case if they also impeach and remove him.
Only if they specifically vote to also ban him from running (which they can only do after they vote to convict).
Old 2021-01-11, 17:00   Link #1995
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Here is the list of Cabinet appointees. Please tell me which of those people were executives at "Big Tech" companies. Antony Blinken? Janet Yellin? Gina Raimondo? Pete Buttigieg? Marty Walsh?

I see a lot of people with years of service in the public sector myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabine...abinet_members
No body in that list but plenty behind them: https://www.protocol.com/bulletins/b...h-tech-players

plus:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...acebook-436672

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/t...-big-tech.html

Well, perhaps they were only there for the elections and now their role is over.
Old 2021-01-11, 17:08   Link #1996
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

https://arcdigital.media/qanon-woke-...e-72bbfcb79488

I wonder if the "Deep State" will really do something.
Old 2021-01-11, 20:59   Link #1997
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
No, I don't think you do. A lot of germans weren't into that at the time, at least not mayority as we mostly made to believe due to German's propaganda at the time. The cost of the WWI and economic crisis hit them as hard as it could. Private sectors were down, so people turn to gov. related business or military when there weren't other options. When Hittler happened people were GTFO of the country even before the war started.
Old 2021-01-12, 02:31   Link #1998
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

To add on the German example, famous rocket engineer Von Braun was more or less threatened. It seems easy to say "resist" when you are in a comfy chair or 14 years old. But try and think again when you are a family man who know what happen to people who made Hitler angry. Only people attracted to Nazi germany imagery in USA are far right nutjobs, who sugarcoat it in romantism, like they do with the Confederates.
Old 2021-01-12, 07:20   Link #1999
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
https://arcdigital.media/qanon-woke-...e-72bbfcb79488

I wonder if the "Deep State" will really do something.
While a lot of the insurrectionists were larpers, some of them were police or had actual military training. The capitol police seemingly let the mob in, and they knew where the offices were. It’s concerning. “Deep state” should start by vetting their own first
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-12, 09:27   Link #2000
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Exactly. Part of the point of that article was that the "Deep State" was a bureaucracy where a lot was left to the interpretation of its employees. So I wonder if they aren't just going to interpret the attack on the Capitol as "not a big deal".
Closed Thread