AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 01:15   Link #61
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I wonder how Japanese think of this show?
It's climbing the pre-order ranking pretty damn fast, so they seem to like it quite a bit.
Old 2016-04-10, 01:38   Link #62
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

With the way she was portrayed in the first half you'd think we'd be watching a lucky airheaded clutz of a captain who can't tell the difference between port and starboard. Then she took command like a pro... who likes to wander off to feed the cat.

And then shit hits the fan. Bait and switch ala Gakkou Gurashi where you thought you'd just be watching cute girls doing cute things, not exchanging torpedoes and artillery shells within the first episode.

Can't believe I'm saying this but this is probably the most surprising and strangely engaging first episode this season, and that's coming from someone who is stupidly picky about all girl cast shows.

Edit - I'm guessing the Harekaze is a torpedo destroyer since it's probably too big to be a torpedo boat. I'm thinking Akatsuki/Fubuki class.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 01:44   Link #63
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
With the way she was portrayed in the first half you'd think we'd be watching a lucky airheaded clutz of a captain who can't tell the difference between port and starboard. Then she took command like a pro... who likes to wander off to feed the cat.
It was expected that Mike would be a good captain because Moka, who was chosen to captain the Musashi, said that Mike has what it takes.
Old 2016-04-10, 03:01   Link #64
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Holy shit that was unexpected. Definitely a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The instructor shot them with live ammo. That was no prank.
Rather than the ammo, the fact that she called mutiny on the cast is the more serious offense to me.
Old 2016-04-10, 03:10   Link #65
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Either instructor is plotting someone or... something took her body. Cause that look during the bombardment scene is really strange.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 04:22   Link #66
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
So can any ship expert around here tell me which ship model does Harekaze destroyer base on?

I googled Harekaze destroyer but look like there is no ship with this name (only found Harukaze).

I wonder how Japanese think of this show?
It's a Kagerou-Class as per official site. Given the experimental high pressure boiler it is possible to be Amatsukaze
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 06:27   Link #67
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

gee, i wonder how would the audiences react if this series ultimately ended with a scene which one of the girls shot someone in the head, with blood splattered everywhere...........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 07:32   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, that escalated more and more quickly than I thought it would. Holy hell.

I thought the most I'd say was that they're even more irresponsible than in the GuP world. (Though, come to think, high school students crew city-size ships, there.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 08:12   Link #69
Cerilla

Just found out that the cat is named after Isoroku Yamamoto, the admiral responsible for both Midway and Pearl Harbor. Interesting easter egg.
Old 2016-04-10, 08:43   Link #70
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
gee, i wonder how would the audiences react if this series ultimately ended with a scene which one of the girls shot someone in the head, with blood splattered everywhere...........
It wouldn't be the first time
Old 2016-04-10, 08:50   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I live for crazy speculations, so here it goes...

The water level change likely completely fucked with Japan's participation in WW2, if there was even one at all. If similar disasters happen elsewhere, it means WW2 would never have a chance as most participants would be too busy reconstructing.
The Yamato in this show is likely the first proper Yamato in this universe, the original WW2 version in real life never existed.

If it was 1 century ago when the flooding happened, it might even have halted WW1 early. This could explain why there is no Third Reich, and Wilhelm II did NOT become the last German Emperor. This would explain the existence of the mysterious Wilhelmina in the ending credits.

Hence, my conjecture is that WW1 didn't go as planned, Hitler never became anybody as Germany never got hit with the Treaty of Versailles, so there wasn't the national shame or economic collapse that fuelled Hitler's rise to power.

All this is just my personal theory, subject to change as new info surfaces. I love this kind of thing.
Old 2016-04-10, 10:40   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yup, definitely has the Girls Und Panzer vibes here, right up to having a TWEEEEEST at the end, though this one's more a twist in the episode's previously established tone than GuP's reality-bender

I actually got suspicious vibes off the instructor the moment they focused on her lips during her speech for some reason, and the rather ominous way the camera somehow follows her.

Didn't think that the attack would lead into the crew of the Harekaze being framed as mutineers though, damn.... now I really need to know what happens next!!!!!

Also, they were right.... this is looking to be World of Warships, the Anime

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 10:48   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder why they had to make the bait-and-switch if the story can hold water on its own (no pun intended). I doubt that it's because they want to move away from being associated with either Kantai Collection or Arpeggio of Blue Steel; honestly, any attempts are futile because those two franchises showed strength and will continue to do so because of recent theatrical releases.

Yeah, to me, the reluctance of showing the actual plot came as a sign of weakness.

PS. Also, anyone knows the reason why they had to hide (or otherwise leave ambiguous) the real title of the show until the first episode is about to be broadcast?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 11:19   Link #74
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wonder why they had to make the bait-and-switch if the story can hold water on its own (no pun intended). I doubt that it's because they want to move away from being associated with either Kantai Collection or Arpeggio of Blue Steel; honestly, any attempts are futile because those two franchises showed strength and will continue to do so because of recent theatrical releases.

Yeah, to me, the reluctance of showing the actual plot came as a sign of weakness.

PS. Also, anyone knows the reason why they had to hide (or otherwise leave ambiguous) the real title of the show until the first episode is about to be broadcast?
I won't say they was hidding it. It more like they wanted us to feel curious about the true plot.

If anyone do a research on the list of staff behind this anime, they should notice that this show is probably not normal SOL show. (Has the same series composition as GuP and has Suzuki Takaaki ,military advisor/supervisor/world setting/ episode script for Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer and GATE, on the team). Many people actually made correct guessing that this show will be about girls and warship. Not to mention that they released prequel manga before anime aired.

Above all reason: it's marketing. Isn't a surprise is what usually capture the attention of us now a day? - Lure people to watch your show then show them good/fun story to make them stay with your show.

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-04-10 at 11:42.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 11:52   Link #75
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

One thing I should mention about this show: Mike looks to be a commander made from the same cloth as Nishizumi Miho, and that it awesome. Not once was she indecisive when her mind's set on something, and she gives out commands so snappily.

Images
Also, where have I seen Mike before...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: Suddenly, I can't help but do this:

"In 2016, a high school training ship was sent running for a mutinee they didn't commit. These girls promptly escaped from a pursuing high-tech cruiser into the wide open ocean. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Harekaze."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 12:22   Link #76
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Edit: Suddenly, I can't help but do this:

"In 2016, a high school training ship was sent running for a mutinee they didn't commit. These girls promptly escaped from a pursuing high-tech cruiser into the wide open ocean. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Harekaze."
Geez. They're become mercenaries..

BTW, I've watching this and WTF just happened...!!!

They're late, let's give them a live ammo shot..
Oh, they're return fire, they're commiting treason..

Spoiler for final episode:

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.

Last edited by Ernietheracefan; 2016-04-10 at 12:35.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 12:55   Link #77
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Geez. They're become mercenaries..

BTW, I've watching this and WTF just happened...!!!

They're late, let's give them a live ammo shot..
Oh, they're return fire, they're commiting treason..

Spoiler for final episode:
That's what I'm expecting too from the finale, yes.

It took you this long to watch the whole thing?!

Maybe the rules are super strict Really, awesome as that twist was, I'm not fully convinced yet.

Quote:
Above all reason: it's marketing. Isn't a surprise is what usually capture the attention of us now a day? - Lure people to watch your show then show them good/fun story to make them stay with your show.
Pretty much this, and it worked perfectly on me, and with other people as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Also, where have I seen Mike before...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A CAT
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 13:09   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Mike vs Moka sounds interesting but I doubt it will happen. Moka's ship was late for the engagement too, so either she was attacked like Mike or somehow got wind of the Instructor's plan and defected on her own. Either way, she most likely won't be part of the forces sent to hunt down the Harekaze.

I think it's more likely the Musashi will join the Harekaze as an ally at some point, against the Instructor's faction.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-04-10 at 13:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 13:30   Link #79
Tranhieu

30 secs in, 2 cute girls and a Yamato class battleship... WTF?!
Half way in, live rounds shot from an Independence class vessel... another WTF!
All that coupled with a mutiny charge at the end, seriously I can't recall the last time I got taken aback this hard right in the 1st episode.

Thought about checking out the show for Atto's design, got hooked by the naval battle. This season is awesome!
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 13:31   Link #80
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

finally error musume get her own anime series

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
school life, sea battles, ship girls