AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-17, 13:09   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Trump Tweets (no more)

I will be honest. This man has made politics so much fun. Lately the first thing I do when I wake up from sleep is to check the newsfeed to see if Trump has made headline. With wiretapping claims against Obama getting forceful rejection from both section of congress, with the blocking of the "watered down" version of the new immigration ban, with Brits angrily defending the integrity of their spying agency ( )....... I surely thought the Donald was pouting hard.

So when are those tweets coming? I am eagerly waiting. @realDonaldTrump

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by monir; 2017-03-24 at 23:14.
Old 2017-03-17, 13:32   Link #2
Jaden

Yup

He can get the whole world talking about anything with just a couple of tweets. That's pretty amazing.

I was expecting Twitter to unverify or ban him in protest for some of the more savage things he posted. That would've been quite the meme, but it's not happening.
Old 2017-03-18, 04:00   Link #3
Valky
Radioactive

This guy sure loves talking, tweeting, and basically not doing his job.
Old 2017-03-18, 06:15   Link #4
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Trump uses twitter as a medium to get the attention he craves and of course his followers respond but those who are on the opposite end of the political spectrum willingly follow suit. Sure it's fun reading his tweets for a while but all we do is giving him the motivation to continue rather than doing actual work. It's nothing other than supporting or worse encouraging his behaviour. Trump is not a nobody, he's the POTUS whether you like him or not. Trump does not care whether the attention he gets is good or bad as long as he gets it and the one way to put a stop to it would be stop retweeting it in every left media outlet. But the media are so obsessed with it that they give him the spread the word even further.

Rather than encouraging 'stupid' behaviour we should try to have him focus on actual policies instead.
Old 2017-03-18, 07:32   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

So, you are saying it is everyone else's fault that Trump is incapable of acting like a professional.

Wonderful. That's Americans for you.
Old 2017-03-18, 08:24   Link #6
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That was never my point and we both know it. I won't fall for this bait.
Old 2017-03-18, 09:25   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

he's getting flak because he policies are abnormal
why stay silent on issue that are clearly hurt people?

There's no valid reason to leave him alone and let him do what he wants for 4 years
especially since he's already interested in circumventing check and balances

But I suppose the media does share the blame for prioritizing Russia news too much.
It starting to act like a smoke screen to mask other terrible things
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-03-18, 12:27   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
But I suppose the media does share the blame for prioritizing Russia news too much.
Rachel Maddow had a couple of top staff members from the Clinton campaign on her show last night. They both argued that the bigger problem with the media's treatment of her emails was the focus on their, often gossipy, content while paying much less attention to how they were obtained and why they were being released. I generally agree with this point-of-view given the scale and seriousness of having an unfriendly foreign power interfere with our electoral process. Especially if it turns out there actually was collusion with the Trump campaign.
Old 2017-03-18, 16:18   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
That was never my point and we both know it. I won't fall for this bait.
You are saying Trump can't do his job because he is having too much fun posting on twitter. And that we should ignore his posts so he would go back to work. Your "point" is that you consider Trump a child who is currently not being president and that everyone else responding to him is to blame. Which is strange because I don't remember Obama having that problem.
Old 2017-03-18, 16:26   Link #10
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
The Russian news are easy to get out while the more important stories (like how Trump's bad decisions will impact) would require them to put more work and go a bit against the establishment's wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Rachel Maddow had a couple of top staff members from the Clinton campaign on her show last night. They both argued that the bigger problem with the media's treatment of her emails was the focus on their, often gossipy, content while paying much less attention to how they were obtained and why they were being released. I generally agree with this point-of-view given the scale and seriousness of having an unfriendly foreign power interfere with our electoral process. Especially if it turns out there actually was collusion with the Trump campaign.
I would say than both story, the not-so-light info made know from the hacks and the implication of said hacks should had beet talk much more. Pretty much every partisan and pundits would had wanted only one of the discution to occur, if only to try to make forget the other, both could ended up pretty damming for one of the party.
Old 2017-03-18, 20:15   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That's true, but what is more relevant to a disenfranchised working class person?

That Trump may have colluded with Russia
or that he's taking yet another paid vacation after cutting programs that helped said disenfranchised people?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-03-18, 21:16   Link #12
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
he's getting flak because he policies are abnormal
why stay silent on issue that are clearly hurt people?

There's no valid reason to leave him alone and let him do what he wants for 4 years
especially since he's already interested in circumventing check and balances

Nobody said to leave him alone. This thread acts as if anything written by others on twitter or showboating his tweets would change Trump's policies. Twitter is nothing more than Trump's favourite toy to get the attention he wants, he does not care what kind of response he gets. Every reply only makes him more motivated to write the next more outrageous tweet. Both sides are amplifying each other for the worse and for that the readers are as much to blame as the writer. We would never have gotten to the point of putting massive focus on things that don't actually matter if the media among others didn't jump on his every tweet like a shark.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-03-18 at 21:39.
Old 2017-03-18, 21:35   Link #13
Key Board
Carbon

You say something on social media, you will be held accountable for it.
Especially if you're a head of state, and your policies literally cause people to live or die.

if it's something threatening, it should be broadcasted so people can be aware, react accordingly or even GASP makes survival plans

I suspect that's the reason why Twitter will never ban him
He's far more dangerous when he's less transparent

That the government has coined the term "alternative facts" shows why this is necessary
Old 2017-03-18, 21:44   Link #14
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Especially if you're a head of state, and your policies literally cause people to live or die.

if it's something threatening, it should be broadcasted so people can be aware, react accordingly or even GASP makes survival plans

That the government has coined the term "alternative facts" shows why this is necessary
Twitter doesn't make him more transparent though. Trump could tweet something and then do the complete opposite the next day. Sure you can make 'survival plans' all you want but what actually impacts people is the policy, not the tweet. I am not saying to completely ignore his tweets but rather not to overblow each and every one of them.
Old 2017-03-18, 22:32   Link #15
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I was expecting Twitter to unverify or ban him in protest for some of the more savage things he posted. That would've been quite the meme, but it's not happening.
That speaks volumes about Twitter showing no balls. I expected a ban a long time ago after all the horseshit he spouted here and there. But no! They don't have the courage to cut it loose against a celebrity.
Old 2017-03-19, 04:57   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

There are tons of posts in Twitter that are horrible. How many of those users are being banned?
Old 2017-03-19, 06:24   Link #17
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

You are panicking for nothing. Look, if even my own family (Khmer diaspora because of Pol Pot) in both coasts are reporting internment camps, nazi-style death trucks like tumblrinas are so fond to talk about, MAYBE I'll believe you. So far they are carrying on their life as usual. You have been fearmongering for a while now. I'd suggest you to slow down on the act.
Old 2017-03-19, 08:40   Link #18
Key Board
Carbon

well, you're right. Let's check RECENT events.. oh... the government is at war with Medicaid and programs that help the working poor class

Yes, it' still relevant for me to be angry about things.
Old 2017-03-19, 09:32   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think he should stop tweeting and focus on doing his job. All his tweets make him look like a fool and is gonna bite him one day when he accidentally says something so inappropriate that even his own supporters could turn against him.
Old 2017-03-19, 10:42   Link #20
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I think he should quit his current job and focus only on tweeting.
Closed Thread